Stones vs. Zeppelin

Comments

• Zeppelin!!!!!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    stones selling out arenas-not at their ticket prices!
    btw, Zep

WHAT? I've seen the Rolling Stones 7 times since 1994 and one thing I have never seen is an empty seat! The Stones are selling out arenas and stadiums at their ticket prices, bud!

Now back on topic. Jimmy Page is a much better guitar player than Keith. No doubt there. Most major guitar legends are. Keith is competent, nothing more.
    But, that doesn't change the fact that I'd take the Rolling Stones 100x over Zeppelin. I can't listen to LZ. I never could. They really annoy me
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • if there is a band that could top the beatles, it is led zeppelin...i love the rolling stones, but longevity does not make you better...they are my #1,2 and 3...led zeppelin has arguably the best voice, guitarist and drummer ever and john paul jones was no slacker
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I can't really put the two together in a contest. Different decades, different music styles. Love them both. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    zeppelin without a doubt or hesitation. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    the stones without doubt or hesitation. :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • easy as Led Zeppelin !! by far...I like the Stone...but come on...Zeppelin for sure
    Master of Zen
    music is m.o.o.
    kdpjam wrote:
    music is m.o.o.
    what??????????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    what??????????

matter of opinion!
    kdpjam wrote:
    matter of opinion!

gracias amigo.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    merci beaucoup
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Zeppelin is far better than the Stones. His argument was that the Stones are still selling out arenas? True...but it's on the strength of their past popularity and not the horrible music they make or terrible shows they put on today. If Zep reformed with some drummer they would sell out just as many arenas as the Stones do. Yet Zep thankfully isn't embarassing themselves in that way.

The Stones have some good songs with a few great songs scattered in there but overall the Zep catalogue is far better in almost every way.
  • I'm a Zeppelin dude.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Zeppelin for me! I'm a big fan of Zep and have been for a long time just the fact that I don't think the stones still have their 'touch' is good enogh for me to say Led Zeppelin by far. I can't see this being a contest to be honest Led are by far the better band.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I choose option C...none of the above (or the Stooges - as suggested by Mr. Arm in post #7).

The Stones have some good songs but nost of their stuff is incredibly average. As far as LZ goes, Robert Plants vocals are like nails on a chalkboard - in fact I think I prefer the chalkboard....perhaps if they were an instrumental band I might be able to tolerate them.

The fact anyone could claim that either of these bands are better than the Beatles blows my mind......
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Bottom line: They're both f-ing great for their own reasons. I would never want to be forced to choose, if I could only listen to one or the other for the rest of my life or something like that...
    Inkdaub wrote:
    Zeppelin is far better than the Stones. His argument was that the Stones are still selling out arenas? True...but it's on the strength of their past popularity and not the horrible music they make or terrible shows they put on today. If Zep reformed with some drummer they would sell out just as many arenas as the Stones do. Yet Zep thankfully isn't embarassing themselves in that way.

The Stones have some good songs with a few great songs scattered in there but overall the Zep catalogue is far better in almost every way.

uh, sorry to disagree, but the stones have written many genius songs, and they still put on a great show. i'm about to see one tomorrow nite.
  • zep hands down...the reasons have been listed already
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Stones don't have a single chance near Led Zeppelin.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    If the Stones had packed it in after 81 and the Tattoo You album and tour I think they would be remembered a lot differently. I think even the most die hard Stones fan would have to agree that pretty much everything since then does not compare to what came before then and of course is of much less musical significance if any at all. That said their catalogue and impact they have made on rock, as we know it today goes with out saying.

Led Zep of course also has had tremendous impact on shaping the music world, and lets face it had almost zero misses in their catalogue with the exception of Presence. No cloud they say that if they stuck around for another 25 years probably not.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Zeppelin by a million miles !!
    Stones have done nothing since Tattoo You, saw them a couple of years ago, good show, but all the old stuff was the best.
    I lost a lot of respect for Richards when I read how he tried to sabotage Hendrix' career !!
    The Beatles suck, when you take away the hype, there is just no substance, peurile trite songs with no nothing !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    The Beatles suck, when you take away the hype, there is just no substance, peurile trite songs with no nothing !!

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER heard.....you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

For No One, Eleanor Rigby, Norweigan Wood, In My Life, He Comes The Sun, Golden Slumbers, Blackbird, Long Long Long, Strawberry Fields Forever, Lucy In The Sky, A Day In The Life, Because, Across The Universe, Yesterday, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Within You Without You, Tomorrow Never Knows, Revolution 1, Something, I Will etc etc etc etc

Nobody who has ever heard any of these songs would ever make such an insane statement
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    That is one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER heard.....you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

For No One, Eleanor Rigby, Norweigan Wood, In My Life, He Comes The Sun, Golden Slumbers, Blackbird, Long Long Long, Strawberry Fields Forever, Lucy In The Sky, A Day In The Life, Because, Across The Universe, Yesterday, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Within You Without You, Tomorrow Never Knows, Revolution 1, Something, I Will etc etc etc etc

Nobody who has ever heard any of these songs would ever make such an insane statement

Oh yeah, so how come no-one ever covers them ? Is it because the songs are so good, or because they are so bad ??
    They say, "Don't mess with the Beatles", becasue without the hype, the songs just don't stand up, and you're sure to look like a tool, fool !!
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh lucy, you are a laugh and a half.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Oh yeah, so how come no-one ever covers them ? Is it because the songs are so good, or because they are so bad ??
    They say, "Don't mess with the Beatles", becasue without the hype, the songs just don't stand up, and you're sure to look like a tool, fool !!
    u are a kidding right,please time u are.i think now's a good time to finish my bottle of yagger.but back on the topic led zeppelin by a mile
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Zeppelin no doubt at all they are the Gods of rock...then Pearl Jam... the stones are great but don't stack up against the two power houses.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Page is the greatest !! How is "Hats off to Roy HArper" for a lesson in acoustic power playing. Flogs the "nice" fingerpicking in "Blackbird", which lets face it, is so beginnerish.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    man dream thater pretty much slays what Zep does technically, so I guess they're way better, huh?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Zeppelin man!!! Although i do love the stones.. i just perfer roberts voice and jimmys guitar work to mick and keith...
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!