Artists that everybody seems to love on this forum but you

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Post the bands that you dont give a damn about that constantly are brought up in threads.

My Morning Jacket
Soundgarden (I like them but come on, they have been broken up for years and Chris Cornell hasnt made anything worth a damn since then)
Death Cab For Cutie
Wilco
Drive By Truckers
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• <insert any band that opens for Pearl Jam here>
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    <insert any band that opens for Pearl Jam here>

Supergrass is the only band I have seen open for them and I was much less than impressed by them. They really dont have very good openers do they?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• neil young (and STOP with the uncle neil bullshit. none of you know him personally).

**edit: sorry. i changed it.

blind melon.

temple of the dog.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    thats easy. arcade fire, they suck.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Soundgarden (or anything Cornell touches)
    Alice in Chains
    Blind Melon
    Stone Temple Pilots

3 of the bands I don't hate however I haven't given a shit enough to play them in over 10 years. 1 of them I think flat out suck.
  • Post the bands that you dont give a damn about that constantly are brought up in threads.

My Morning Jacket
    Soundgarden (I like them but come on, they have been broken up for years and Chris Cornell hasnt made anything worth a damn since then)
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Wilco
    Drive By Truckers

Hey! Sweet! You've named six bands I like.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    hobbes wrote:
    niel young (and STOP with the uncle neal bullshit. none of you know him personally).

blind melon.

temple of the dog.

he he he and you misspelled hi's name twice :eek:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • he he he and you misspelled hi's name twice :eek:

Yeah I thought once was cool, but twice takes real talent.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • he he he and you misspelled hi's name twice :eek:

eh. i changed it. sorry. guess i don't care enough!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    radiohead
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Yeah I thought once was cool, but twice takes real talent.

that's what's so funny people who put someone down and make mistake's like these ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • radiohead

I knew this would appear somewhere, but it always makes me cringe when I see it being on a hated list.....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    hobbes wrote:
    neil young (and STOP with the uncle neil bullshit. none of you know him personally).

**edit: sorry. i changed it.

blind melon.

temple of the dog.

Blind Melon is one that I meant to put on my list but forgot about
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Blind Melon is one that I meant to put on my list but forgot about

Considering you have Oasis in your username somehow I don't find that offensive. :) lol.

& I agree with whoever said PJ always has shitty bands open...with the exception of Sparta of course. :D
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Alice in Chains
    Silverchair
    Cornell
    Blind Melon
    STP
    Velvet Revolver
    Jane's Addiction

Shite. All of them.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
    The Black Keys
    Bob Dylan
    Foo Fighters

I don't dislike any of those bands per se, but I'm just indifferent toward them... their music does nothing for me really besides a few songs.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Velvet Revolver

But VR gets no love around here whatsoever. I like them, but I'm definitely in the minority.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Arcade Fire....i just dont get it (not necessarily people here but alot of my friends like them)
    Neil Young... good music, bad singer
  • DOSW wrote:
    But VR gets no love around here whatsoever. I like them, but I'm definitely in the minority.
    I don't know--I got a lot of shit from people when I made a comment about how contrived and lame I thought they were.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Kings of Leon

I have all their albums. I've seen em live. I've given them every chance i could and the best i can get myself to feel about them is that they are "ok"
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Never really got the love and Hype for TOOL. I saw them live last year after so many high school people that I knew and people on here claim they are the best live band ever. I like some of their songs and the music was tight, but the show was so BORING. They stretched like 8 songs into 2 hours and I already knew that's how they roll, but it's just Boring. Never really understood why Maynard stands behind the stage on a platform sideways, prancing around like a puppet from strings. I will say Carey had some bad ass drum fills though and he was the only member I could actually see. The rest of the band was bathed in a silhouette of darkness. When they did "Ions" for the encore break, that felt like 20 minutes right there of just a zapping sound. Music was good though, sounds just like the cd though. Sorry just don't get the obsession with the love for their live show at all.
    ok flame me.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I consider Velvet Revolver in the same league as Linkin Park, Godsmack and Nickelback

I don't like STP either. I don't like Ted Leo and the RX's aswell

I love The Black Keys and will fight anyone that says otherwise!
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    red mos wrote:
    Never really got the love and Hype for TOOL. I saw them live last year after so many high school people that I knew and people on here claim they are the best live band ever. I like some of their songs and the music was tight, but the show was so BORING. They stretched like 8 songs into 2 hours and I already knew that's how they roll, but it's just Boring. Never really understood why Maynard stands behind the stage on a platform sideways, prancing around like a puppet from strings. I will say Carey had some bad ass drum fills though and he was the only member I could actually see. The rest of the band was bathed in a silhouette of darkness. When they did "Ions" for the encore break, that felt like 20 minutes right there of just a zapping sound. Music was good though, sounds just like the cd though. Sorry just don't get the obsession with the love for their live show at all.
    ok flame me.
    you didn't have the very annoying jumbotron playing second rate liquid television videos? lame, lame, lame. I agree with everything you typed. the most disappointing show I have ever seen.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Kind of shocked with all the Blind Melon mentions. I don't give two craps about the new lineup and album etc, but there is nothing wrong with their first two records. They are amazing. It's classic rock
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Red Hot Chili Peppers...hate 'em
    Chris Cornell as a solo artist....damn that street team
    Motley Crue...hate 'em
    Radiohead...don't really care
    Blind Melon....change your name if your lead singer dies, and that goes for this new Alice in Chains thingie too.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    C. Cornell
    Candlebox
    Coldplay (ok, so no one ever mentions them, but, damn, they are annoying!)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    thats easy. arcade fire, they suck.

that and

the hold steady
    modest mouse
    queens of the stone age
    and any part of any member of the polyphonic spree or the broken social scene

that stuff is unlistenable
  • Kind of shocked with all the Blind Melon mentions. I don't give two craps about the new lineup and album etc, but there is nothing wrong with their first two records. They are amazing. It's classic rock

Well said. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    transplant wrote:
    you didn't have the very annoying jumbotron playing second rate liquid television videos? lame, lame, lame. I agree with everything you typed. the most disappointing show I have ever seen.
    Yeah, we got the videos. those didn't annoy me too band, but the floating 3 eyeball looking thing floating around over and over on the main screen with these stupid ass green lasers extending wall to wall of the arena was fucking lame. People cheered as the laser lights rotated and extended towards their section. I've known people that have seen TOOL multiple times, and after seeing them once, I'll never see them live again. They aren't the worst band I have ever seen but it was just some damn boring, I was afraid I was gonna fall asleep during all those interludes and the drawn out encore with "Ions" playing over and over, so lame.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I Hate All Your Favorite Bands
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."