Options

Kanye West blaming Pearl Jam..

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    he seems pretty immature and/or self centered, once you realize that, it's easy to just ignore him
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i absolutely cannot stand him.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    fuck him
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I don't see where he bashed, or said anything for that matter, about PJ. I saw where they were waiting for PJ to get their stuff off stage before his crew could start building. But, nowhere in there was he pissed or bashing PJ. It was what it was.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    on the 2nd link, it says:

"Rumor had it that Pearl Jam’s slightly late set ticked Kanye off, and that now he was refusing to come on at all"
    Rumors don't mean anything. Unless it was quoted from Kanye himself, it is all speculation for the sake of speculating.
  • Options
    So funny to see everyone ripping Kanye even though it is a RUMOR that he said something...if Ed were in Kanyes' place the tides would be much turned around here with everything saying oh it's just a rumor yet Kanye is guilty?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    So funny to see everyone ripping Kanye even though it is a RUMOR that he said something...if Ed were in Kanyes' place the tides would be much turned around here with everything saying oh it's just a rumor yet Kanye is guilty?

I'm not ripping Kanye ... but it isn't as if this would be out of character for him. Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire. Entertainment Weekly and what not wouldn't invent something out of thin air.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/06/bonnaroo-08-sat.html
    The headliners, of course, pissed West off by playing an hour longer than scheduled last night, a well-deserved extension after a terrific set of favorites and rarities that included just a little neon-flavored taunting from Eddie Vedder (pictured).
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Even if Kanye got upset and the rumors are substantiated...who cares. When you are as big league as PJ and have been around for 20 years you do what you want. I've heard that Kanye light show is pretty cool, but it doesn't exactly sound like the crowd was booing PJ off stage for it.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I'm not ripping Kanye ... but it isn't as if this would be out of character for him. Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire. Entertainment Weekly and what not wouldn't invent something out of thin air.
    Especially when Kanye said a big Fuck you to Entertainment Weekly a couple of weeks ago! ahha

BTW, Kanye is the shit.

And I actually have proof of the above unlike others. http://realtalkny.rawkus.com/2008/05/topic/artists/kanye/kanye-west-says-fuck-entertainment-weekly/
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    bling, cash, partying all night long and "bitches"
    Are you saying that stuff is all Kanye raps about? If so, you really shouldn't be bashing Kanye being as how you have no idea what he does or is about.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Can you really see EV doing that ??? I mean, I may be biased here but really. If he was an asshole like that it would have been really hard for me to be a fan anyway. We discussed something similar here recently. Oh, I remember. People were bitching about Vedder's political rants on stage. And I said the same thing. I love those rants because that's a part of the live show experience and I happen to share that same point of view. if Pearl Jam was a band, all of whose songs were about bling, cash, partying all night long and "bitches", then I wouldn't have been a fan anyway. So, no, Ed would not do that in the first place. Therefore, there is no reason for a reverse example.

Heh...I was just watching Fuse for bonnaroo coverage as I posted this and saw Jim from MMJ saying he was excited to see Kanye :-)

I have heard numerous people say Ed is a nut and a jackass because of his staunch political views and his views on some other stuff...and if you were referencing Kanye his songs are definitely not bling and cash and "bitches"...

BTW, that is awesome that Jim said that...
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Any guy with balls enough to do what he did on that telethon/fund raiser is ok in my book. It probably wasn't in his best interest to act like a Mariah Carrey crybaby diva at a festival like that though where its pretty obvious the only reason he is there is to collect a pay day..

I don't think what he said at the telethon had anything to do with balls. More like, a lot of emotion with a dash of stupidity ;)
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I don't think what he said at the telethon had anything to do with balls. More like, a lot of emotion with a dash of stupidity ;)

Yeah, honestly, that was neither the time nor the place.
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:

No, it was balls. He just said what everyone was sort of thinking in their own disappointment in how Katrina was handled. You don't just go calling out the President without having a pair of stones.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    No, it was balls. He just said what everyone was sort of thinking in their own disappointment in how Katrina was handled. You don't just go calling out the President without having a pair of stones.

I still say it was neither the time nor the place.

If for no other reason, you are risking turning off a whole lot of people who might have otherwise donated to the telethon. Obviously, that's a bad reason not to give, but I can imagine it had that effect on some people.

He shouldn't have done it there, at a charity event. By making that statement there, Kanye probably hurt the cause he was trying to support.
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Getting back to this issue...I don't think it was 100 percent PJ's fault. Yea they went over their time...big deal, it happened everyday at the Roo.

It seems like Kayne's ultra-cool "set" had something to do with this too:

The delay was caused by problems setting up West's elaborate stage set, which included an interplanetary landscape of a wavy black platform with a slanted floor in the middle and a video screen above. West performed a spectacular galactic-themed concert complete with interaction with his spaceship, a disembodied female voice named Jane (a kind of sexier HAL).
  • Options
    I still say it was neither the time nor the place.

If for no other reason, you are risking turning off a whole lot of people who might have otherwise donated to the telethon. Obviously, that's a bad reason not to give, but I can imagine it had that effect on some people.

He shouldn't have done it there, at a charity event. By making that statement there, Kanye probably hurt the cause he was trying to support.

See, I think it accomplished the exact opposite. If Kanye didn't do it there without all of white America watching, where else was he going to have another platform like that. It was shocking and unexpected, but it was also a very pointed criticism about Bush's America. If nothing else that look on Mike Myer's face was priceless.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    KANYE CAN SUCK MY.........OH WAIT :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    See, I think it accomplished the exact opposite. If Kanye didn't do it there without all of white America watching, where else was he going to have another platform like that. It was shocking and unexpected, but it was also a very pointed criticism about Bush's America. If nothing else that look on Mike Myer's face was priceless.

But at the same time, how many conservative white Americans who were about to write a check had the knee-jerk reaction of saying, "Fuck that" and ripping up the check?

I guarantee there were some. At it isn't right -- you shouldn't blame New Orleans for Kanye's poor judgment. But I'd be willing to bet it happened.

A charity telethon just isn't the place to make political points. You don't offend people in one breath and ask for money with the next.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Fuck him. He'll never in his life do a show as good as what Pearl Jam did before him.
    he's at least as talented as pj. hip live to rock live is apples and oranges.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    he's at least as talented as pj. hip live to rock live is apples and oranges.

PJ's oranges are way more talented than his apples
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Kanye West is irrelevant...
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    PJ's oranges are way more talented than his apples
    Lol I have been proven tonight that what I have heard about a certain somebodys fans are the worst ever.
  • Options
    grjammer wrote:
    Kanye West is irrelevant...

uhhhh, we are in the year 2008 right?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I wonder what Kanye will be doing in 5 years...
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Waaaaaa! Sorry Kanye....you're not the first band/performer to get blown off the stage by Pearl Jam. If you and your people did your research maybe this could have been avoided.

BTW...hey Metalica (mostly Lars)...how does it feel to be hit by the locomotive named Pearl Jam?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Are you saying that stuff is all Kanye raps about? If so, you really shouldn't be bashing Kanye being as how you have no idea what he does or is about.

That guy is the most materialistic pompous piece of shit. I have never seen anyone who thought their shit didn't stink as much as that guy. He cries like a small child because his record didn't win the grammy for best album and was sulking. The guy is a joke.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    He was probably pretending to like the set when he was out'n about, then when back in his little tour bus or whatever, he probably just bitched about how Metallica rocked harder than Pearl Jam. Now, now, we should be nicer to our hometown boys :-P

I know...but that little drummer boy never misses an opportunity to take his shots at PJ and their "disconnect with their fans".

This guy is a moron!

I still enjoy a Metallica tune or two...but this guy is living in his own little world.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    That guy is the most materialistic pompous piece of shit. I have never seen anyone who thought their shit didn't stink as much as that guy. He cries like a small child because his record didn't win the grammy for best album and was sulking. The guy is a joke.

If you pour your heart and soul into something and believe it should win which it should have then what is the problem? He has a right to think however he wants if he (along with tons of others) believe he should've won album of the year that is his right and like he said he is not crazy because noone agrees with a crazy person ALOT of people agree with the stuff Mr. West believes in...
  • Options
    If you pour your heart and soul into something and believe it should win which it should have then what is the problem? He has a right to think however he wants if he (along with tons of others) believe he should've won album of the year that is his right and like he said he is not crazy because noone agrees with a crazy person ALOT of people agree with the stuff Mr. West believes in...

Everybody pours their heart and soul into their music. By making a big deal when you lose, you are disrespecting other people's music, which is completely uncool.

You shouldn't need awards to validate your work, anyway.

I admire your respect for Kanye's music ... but the guy IS a major tool. I really don't see any way to logically defend him.