Options

Kanye West blaming Pearl Jam..

GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
edited June 2008 in The Porch
This is hilarious. I see it in two different news stories. he was apparently pissed that PJ went over time. I'm sure it's all horse shit. That dude is the biggest baby. He was supposed to play at 8:30 to begin with but probably just wanted to feel like the headliner so he pushed his set back.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h3y4eDhzqIU49QpZGtV6hSWD05ygD91APRU03

This is a blog but more pointed:

http://www.metropulse.com/blogs/official-metro-pulse-bonnaroo-blog/2008/jun/15/bonnaroo-day-three-wrap-up/
“I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Fuck him. He'll never in his life do a show as good as what Pearl Jam did before him.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    You snoozed you loose.
    :eek: 4:25 AM!!!! when he finallly hit the stage.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    west: "pearl jam doesn't like black people"
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    DPrival78 wrote:

HAHAHA
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    I cant believe people waited to see him.
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:

Except Ben Harper! :p

This joke was brought to you by the excellent Slight of Jeff.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    DPrival78 wrote:

Haha. Now I know why they played "White Male American" after all these years!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Kanye SUCKS! Kanye SUCKS!!
    Love it. Whats he doing there anyway?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Ashy LarryAshy Larry Posts: 76
    This is my favorite part! I can just see RR on his pedal steel starting this shit:

Later Sunday, the Bonnaroo crowd was still upset. Pedal steel guitarist Robert Randolph led a "Kanye sucks" chant.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    This is my favorite part! I can just see RR on his pedal steel starting this shit:

Later Sunday, the Bonnaroo crowd was still upset. Pedal steel guitarist Robert Randolph led a "Kanye sucks" chant.
    He's a black blues guy right?

Good to see Kanye annoys black people too . :P
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It sure sounds like it was his own fault. First, asking to go on later, then having such an elaborate stage that it takes an hour and 1/2 to put up. Maybe he'll make better choices in the future. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Any guy with balls enough to do what he did on that telethon/fund raiser is ok in my book. It probably wasn't in his best interest to act like a Mariah Carrey crybaby diva at a festival like that though where its pretty obvious the only reason he is there is to collect a pay day..
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    the world does not revolve around you Kanye!!!

go represent somewhere else, if you don't want to play a festival with some of the best musicians this generation has ever seen.
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    wolfbear wrote:
    It sure sounds like it was his own fault. First, asking to go on later, then having such an elaborate stage that it takes an hour and 1/2 to put up. Maybe he'll make better choices in the future. ;)

that's what happens when "performers" rely on elaborate stages rather than talent :p
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    celebrationcelebration Posts: 318
    that's what happens when "performers" rely on elaborate stages rather than talent :p

Kinda like U2? ;)

I'm not a fan, but Kayne does have the goods. imo
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    If anything Pearl Jam should be blaming Kanye for switching his time slot. I mean they could've played for another hour if it wasn't for him.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    I kind of agree..
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    culot4 wrote:
    Any guy with balls enough to do what he did on that telethon/fund raiser is ok in my book.

I'm not sure it takes any balls for Kanye to be a jackass in public. He's built a career of being a whiney bitch.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Ashy Larry wrote:

fuckin' a!!! wtg rr :D

kanye's a tool
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Fuck him. He'll never in his life do a show as good as what Pearl Jam did before him.

I wouldn't go that far. His glow in the dark show is one of the more amazing spectacles I have seen at a concert.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Except Ben Harper! :p

Hey ... you people are stealing my joke from last night. Don't make me use the search function to turn you guys into plagiarists ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I wouldn't go that far. His glow in the dark show is one of the more amazing spectacles I have seen at a concert.

key word: spectacle
  • Options
    Where the hell does it mention Kanye saying anything about PJ? NOWHERE. Quit assuming until something legit actually comes out, this title is misleading...
  • Options
    Hey ... you people are stealing my joke from last night. Don't make me use the search function to turn you guys into plagiarists ;)

Fixed. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Fuck Kanye! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I'm SURE the crowd was thinking...."Fuck, I wish Pearl Jam would stop this kick ass concert and bring out that fuckin putz Kanye"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    frogwater wrote:
    key word: spectacle
    The man knows how to rap and put on a good show.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    The man knows how to rap and put on a good show.

In my book, those two "talents" are mutually exclusive.

but that's just me.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Kayne is a clown and he never should have been invited to play. Didn't he also ask to have his set pushed back to 2:30am?? Screw him!!!!
    Lollapalooza 92'
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    WPB 98'
    WPB 00'
    WPB 03'
    WPB 08'
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Where the hell does it mention Kanye saying anything about PJ? NOWHERE. Quit assuming until something legit actually comes out, this title is misleading...

on the 2nd link, it says:

"Rumor had it that Pearl Jam’s slightly late set ticked Kanye off, and that now he was refusing to come on at all"
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Kanye has a ton of talent, but what an asshole. The guy just says dumb shit..........