Sick of hearing about Led Zeppelin

124»

Comments

• The lyrics on a lot of zep are pretty lame. A lot of people are unable to decide for themselves so they just go along with the popular perception of the band. There good no doubt, but other bands have produced more memorable bodies of work.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    The lyrics on a lot of zep are pretty lame. A lot of people are unable to decide for themselves so they just go along with the popular perception of the band. There good no doubt, but other bands have produced more memorable bodies of work.
    :eek:
    Of course other bands have produced memorable bodies of work.
    Lyrics are lame?
    :eek:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • I'm very selective about the Zep I listen to. Sometimes they come across as smug and inauthentic, and they don't rock as hard or as purely as Hendrix. They're all right, though.
  • The lyrics on a lot of zep are pretty lame. A lot of people are unable to decide for themselves so they just go along with the popular perception of the band. There good no doubt, but other bands have produced more memorable bodies of work.

thats one of the reasons im not a huge zeppelin fan. even when the music is awesome if you listen to the lyrics you cant help but laugh.

custard pie, boogie with stu, you shook me, etc

simple lyrics are one thing but zeppelin sometimes comes off as they dont even try. "who cares we're zeppelin, i could fart in the mic as long as there is a rockin solo people will think it's godly"
  • sick of hearing about led zeppelin?
    who the hell says that???
    they are legends!!!!!!!
  • I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?

You only just "like" Led Zepplin???

I just don't get that, at all... :(
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    I just watched "the song remains the same" (old version) again, and I can only say that they are true "rock gods" on stage, but..........
    I find it quite boring to listen to actually : (

Of course they made a huge impact on the future rock scene as did Beatles, Stones, Sabbath and a bunch of other bands at the time.

They do have their fair share of real good songs, but I don't really understand the worldwide hype of the reunion either.
    If they release a new studioalbum I'll listen to it with an open mind, but I doubt it will bring a new revolution to rock.......

There are so many great bands all over the world, so why linger to the ones that had their peak 30 years ago ?

(but I admit I was first in line when Deep purple MkII reunited back in -85, that was a fun show to watch but nothing more.....)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ