Sick of hearing about Led Zeppelin

Comments

• bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Sick of all the Led Zeppelin talk so you made another thread about Led Zeppelin? Brilliant!
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?

Because we can. :)
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    bird jam wrote:
    Sick of all the Led Zeppelin talk so you made another thread about Led Zeppelin? Brilliant!

a point well made :D:D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?
    A HUGE FUCK YOU to ppl who hate led zep.
    I admit it...what's to say......
    I'll relive it...without pain......
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Just wish some people would talk about other bands sometimes instead of just talking about the exact same thing for a week, there is plenty of other stuff to talk about right now in music besides Zeppelin.

well since this right now is the biggest thing that ever happend in music the greatest band back togather if u dont want to talk about them then skip this thread. I bet u are a nickleback fan huh
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    well since this right now is the biggest thing that ever happend in music the greatest band back togather if u dont want to talk about them then skip this thread. I bet u are a nickleback fan huh

Have you seen all the posts I have made of hatred for bands like Nickelback?

By the way, work on your spelling and grammar a bit.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I just dont understand how reunions get so much hype. Even The Police got TONS of hype. Come on now, are The Police really that good of a band?

They suck so much Eddie Vedder made sure he was at their first show in Vancouver.

Apples, how do you like them?
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?
    I've only heard about it twice.. Why you gotta be a Debbie Downer?
  • I can't even put in to words how horrible I feel about this thread.

Listen to Given to Fly, the greatest PJ song I have ever heard and then listen to Going to California, then you will understand why people are going bonkers over this shit.

I NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER thought I would have a chance in my lifetime to even sniff at the idea of seeing Led Zeppelin live, like the chances were greater Elvis or Tupac weren't dead and they started touring. I mean fuck, they quit b/c they knew without Bonham they wouldn't be able to hack it. They bowed out like MJ in his prime or Elway after he won the 2 Superbowls.

People want them to tour for the same reason we want Pearl Jam to tour constantly, think about if you didn't get to hear Pearl Jam live for 25 years and they decided to play a one off gig and FUCKING KILLED IT, you would want a tour also.( I was not there but was lucky enough to find a bootleg, I get chills just listening to a crappy recording, in fact if you tried to whack the smile off my face it would be darn near impossible).

Fuck man I am sure glad people are freaking out about Led Zeppelin playing a show, then not getting tickets to Hanna Montana. BUT if you want people to, you should create threads like this.

/Rant
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • I'm an Oasis and Pearl Jam fan also, but even I wouldn't put them in the same class as Zeppelin. The closest we've gotten to Zeppelin since they broke up was Guns N' Roses, but unfortunately Axl's pulled a Syd Barrett and lost his fucking mind!! I admit that I was a skeptic of what Zeppelin, and specifically Plant would sound like, but after watching the Kashmir clip, I'm a fucking believer again. Here's to hoping we get a 2008 North American tour.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I'm an Oasis and Pearl Jam fan also, but even I wouldn't put them in the same class as Zeppelin. The closest we've gotten to Zeppelin since they broke up was Guns N' Roses, but unfortunately Axl's pulled a Syd Barrett and lost his fucking mind!! I admit that I was a skeptic of what Zeppelin, and specifically Plant would sound like, but after watching the Kashmir clip, I'm a fucking believer again. Here's to hoping we get a 2008 North American tour.

Guns and Roses? Are you fucking serious? I dont understand why you people would even come on a Pearl Jam forum if you really think Led Zeppelin are that much better than them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Guns N' Roses were the biggest and most exciting band to come out since Zeppelin. Nobody since has had that epic grandeur that Zeppelin and GnR had!!
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Guns N' Roses were the biggest and most exciting band to come out since Zeppelin. Nobody since has had that epic grandeur that Zeppelin and GnR had!!

Your delusional, havent you ever heard of Nirvana? Guns and Roses made one decent record but their sound has become dated and they became a complete joke after that. You are most likely the only person in the world that would say that they are biggest and most exciting thing since Zeppelin. You must have hype confused with epic.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Guns N' Roses were bigger than Nirvana and Metallica combined. Hell, Pearl Jam was bigger than Nirvana. The legend of Nirvana has a lot to do with the suicide of Cobain and his subsequent glorification in the media.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    I'm not a fan of the Zep really, but you have to respect them and there is no denying how important the reunion gig was to alot of people. Given The Beatles are down 2 important members the only viable band who could reach the level of interest and hype Zep achieved is if Pink Floyd reformed.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Guns N' Roses were bigger than Nirvana and Metallica combined. Hell, Pearl Jam was bigger than Nirvana. The legend of Nirvana has a lot to do with the suicide of Cobain and his subsequent glorification in the media.

Its called hype and as I said, GNRs sound is outdated. Dont worry though, most people who still attend Poison and Motley Crue concerts would agree with you. Enjoy your many more years of waiting for Axl to release his latest turd known as Chinese Democracy. By the way, isnt Shaquille O Neal on one of the songs or was that just a rumor?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• I think the only other band that could generate the hype that Led Zep did would be the Beatles.. And I doubt Mr. Lennon and Mr. Harrison would be attending.

As for the Pink Floyd comment.. That would be pretty huge as well, however they did a sort of reunion last year for Live 8. I doubt they have any plans on doing any kind of tour though. RS did an article about it, but they all sort of brushed off the idea of a reunion tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0VKIuJeHaE

Of course this was broadcast to the world.. I wonder if they did a small show like Led Zep did, how much hype it would've gotten.

Anyway, back on topic. Led Zep has made some of the greatest music in Rock history.. and from the small clips I've seen of their show, the hype was well deserved.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    I don't think you can compare Live8 to a full blown concert afterall Zep themselves reformed to do the original Live Aid.

I think if Floyd were to do a concert now like Zep have just done I expect the hype and response would match Zep's to be honest, probably more maybe. Both hugely respected and influential bands.

But Personally i'm looking more forward to the return of Indy Jones next year ;)
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Pssst... There's a torrent of the show out.. It's pretty good.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Its called hype and as I said, GNRs sound is outdated. Dont worry though, most people who still attend Poison and Motley Crue concerts would agree with you. Enjoy your many more years of waiting for Axl to release his latest turd known as Chinese Democracy. By the way, isnt Shaquille O Neal on one of the songs or was that just a rumor?

They sounded like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith. That sound is classic and doesn't go out of date. Pearl Jam and Oasis sound is outdated by your logic also.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,852
    Have you seen all the posts I have made of hatred for bands like Nickelback?

By the way, work on your spelling and grammar a bit.

how old are you?

Perhaps nobody introduced you to it or you have never listened to any of the records.

just curious because I know a lot of younger folks, who dont have "cool" parents or an older brother that dont appreciate zep, the who, young neil etc...

just curious
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,852
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Guns N' Roses were bigger than Nirvana and Metallica combined. Hell, Pearl Jam was bigger than Nirvana. The legend of Nirvana has a lot to do with the suicide of Cobain and his subsequent glorification in the media.

um

wrong

as much as I hate to admit it (because I hate the music)
    metallica was bigger than all of them

Pearl jam was not bigger, until much later
    the legend of nirvana has to do with Kurt's music AND his death
    nevermind exploded like no other record in my lifetime

GNR was huge (for a short time), but with all the problems, never reached the status they could have
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I just dont understand how reunions get so much hype. Even The Police got TONS of hype. Come on now, are The Police really that good of a band?

Pearl Jam need two guitarists to sound like Andy, so that right there tells you how good a band the Police are.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Beav wrote:
    Pssst... There's a torrent of the show out.. It's pretty good.

just started downloading it. it's a flac so it may take a while. I'm really interested to hear how some specific stuff sounds now....so many years later. The bow solo in Dazed and Confused. The slide solo in In My Time of Dying, what did they do for the bridge in Whole Lotta Love? how was Jason? how did Robert's voice sound? I can't wait to listen to it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Get_Right wrote:
    um

wrong

as much as I hate to admit it (because I hate the music)
    metallica was bigger than all of them

Pearl jam was not bigger, until much later
    the legend of nirvana has to do with Kurt's music AND his death
    nevermind exploded like no other record in my lifetime

GNR was huge (for a short time), but with all the problems, never reached the status they could have

Ten outsold Nevermind, and Appetite For Destruction has outsold any album by either Nirvana, Pearl Jam, or Metallica. If Eddie Vedder had killed himself instead of Cobain, Pearl Jam would have had the exact same status that Nirvana has in the media today. "Vs" kicked the shit out of "In Utero" in terms of sales also. Nirvana is only bigger than Pearl Jam in much the same way as The Rolling Stones were bigger than Led Zeppelin in the 70's. You've all just been manipulated by the rock press.
    Get_Right wrote:
    how old are you?

Perhaps nobody introduced you to it or you have never listened to any of the records.

just curious because I know a lot of younger folks, who dont have "cool" parents or an older brother that dont appreciate zep, the who, young neil etc...

just curious

I do like Zeppelin, even have most of their records in vinyl. I appreciate them, just dont see the point in going nuts over poor quality youtube videos and peoples description of a concert.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,265
    I do like Zeppelin, even have most of their records in vinyl. I appreciate them, just dont see the point in going nuts over poor quality youtube videos and peoples description of a concert.

oh dear your still here ...:(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    even flow? wrote:
    Pearl Jam need two guitarists to sound like Andy, so that right there tells you how good a band the Police are.

Besides the fact that their songs arent nearly as good and Sting isnt that great of a singer
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Matty Boy wrote:
    They sounded like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith. That sound is classic and doesn't go out of date. Pearl Jam and Oasis sound is outdated by your logic also.

Not true, both bands would be considered modern rock.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    Guns and Roses? Are you fucking serious? I dont understand why you people would even come on a Pearl Jam forum if you really think Led Zeppelin are that much better than them.

The way I put it is... PJ is my favorite band, but LZ are the greatest band ever. There is something about PJ that touches me personally. The way they are, what they say. But LZ... you just listen, are astonished, and bow.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.