Sick of hearing about Led Zeppelin

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Ummm . . .because they kick ass . . . and it was a HUGE moment for music.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    :eek:

Because they are living legends, that is why.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • magikev wrote:
    Ummm . . .because they kick ass . . . and it was a HUGE moment for music.

No dude, they were a huge moment for music the first time. This was just nostalgia, cool if you're into that sort of thing.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Thats bullshit, there was nothing nostalgic about the gig last night. This was a tribute gig for Ahmet Ertegun, the 3 guys and Jason made nothing financially out of this. What did happen was that they got together for a good cause, rehearsed properly and went out there and rocked like they did in their heydey. I was there, and I can vouch for the fact that they were absolutely fantastic. This is the biggest musical event in my lifetime for sure, and I'm sure there are others on this board that feel the same, so why shouldnt we talk about it!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I just dont understand how reunions get so much hype. Even The Police got TONS of hype. Come on now, are The Police really that good of a band?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• No dude, they were a huge moment for music the first time. This was just nostalgia, cool if you're into that sort of thing.

I'll have to agree with the magikev dude. Especially considering all the buzz around this HUGE success of a show. No music act get this much buzz, no one at no time. Much more than nostalgia.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,265
    I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?

hey even your pumpus oasis wanted to see where they got the itch to pick up an instrument they were there !!...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    hey even your pumpus oasis wanted to see where they got the itch to pick up an instrument they were there !!...

Well I think most would be there if they had that kinda money, but I wouldnt be making nearly as big of a deal as others have and I could give a shit about a bunch of youtube videos of the gig
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Well I think most would be there if they had that kinda money, but I wouldnt be making nearly as big of a deal as others have and I could give a shit about a bunch of youtube videos of the gig

Seems like you've made quite a big deal about it. You've posted several times about the topic. Keeping the Led Zep talk going, good job man.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I just dont understand how reunions get so much hype. Even The Police got TONS of hype. Come on now, are The Police really that good of a band?

you really don't know shit about music...:rolleyes:
    Seems like you've made quite a big deal about it. You've posted several times about the topic. Keeping the Led Zep talk going, good job man.

Its going to keep going anyways just like people dont stop talking about Wilco, My Morning Jacket, and Arcade Fire. Just wanted to see if anybody else thought the same way I do.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,265
    Well I think most would be there if they had that kinda money, but I wouldnt be making nearly as big of a deal as others have and I could give a shit about a bunch of youtube videos of the gig

well if you didn't give a damm about it why start a thread about not giving a shit ,if you don't give a fuck don't read/post or look at the videos simple no ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Its going to keep going anyways just like people dont stop talking about Wilco, My Morning Jacket, and Arcade Fire. Just wanted to see if anybody else thought the same way I do.

Right. I don't even notice the threads I'm not interested though. I don't know anything about those three and haven't paid any attention to their threads. Well.... I kept seeing that Arcade Fire on the top 5 albums of the year, so I checked out a few random songs and ....... no, can't say that I cared for it. I see the Arcade Fire threads, but they aren't bothering me,,, I don't click on them. Not saying you should be like me, just saying how I am in comparison.
  • I like them okay and all but I am sick of hearing about them and all the other hype reunion shows have gotten. Not even that many people got to see their show and its still not even confirmed whether they will put out a new record or even do more shows. So whats the point of making thread and thread talking about a band well past their prime and posting poor quality youtube videos?

you are a Negative Nancy. :p

(just kidding)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    For goodness sake. How can you even compare what happened last night to the Police reunion? That was about putting as many paying customers in as little amount of gigs as poss, and taking as much profit as possible. Last night was a unique, and monumental gesture by three wonderful musicians who really do not need the money or the hype. There is really no argument, if you do't like it, don't watch, or listen.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    Right. I don't even notice the threads I'm not interested though. I don't know anything about those three and haven't paid any attention to their threads. Well.... I kept seeing that Arcade Fire on the top 5 albums of the year, so I checked out a few random songs and ....... no, can't say that I cared for it. I see the Arcade Fire threads, but they aren't bothering me,,, I don't click on them. Not saying you should be like me, just saying how I am in comparison.

Just wish some people would talk about other bands sometimes instead of just talking about the exact same thing for a week, there is plenty of other stuff to talk about right now in music besides Zeppelin.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

jamie uk wrote:
    For goodness sake. How can you even compare what happened last night to the Police reunion? That was about putting as many paying customers in as little amount of gigs as poss, and taking as much profit as possible. Last night was a unique, and monumental gesture by three wonderful musicians who really do not need the money or the hype. There is really no argument, if you do't like it, don't watch, or listen.

I couldnt agree more. By all accounts, the Police hardly even communicate on-stage, they come on, play the songs, collect the cash and go home. You could see how much last night meant to the Zep guys - it was all for charity, dont forget. If you dont like reading about Led Zep, there are plenty of other threads on this board for people to read!
  • edved82 wrote:
    Thats bullshit, there was nothing nostalgic about the gig last night. This was a tribute gig for Ahmet Ertegun, the 3 guys and Jason made nothing financially out of this. What did happen was that they got together for a good cause, rehearsed properly and went out there and rocked like they did in their heydey. I was there, and I can vouch for the fact that they were absolutely fantastic. This is the biggest musical event in my lifetime for sure, and I'm sure there are others on this board that feel the same, so why shouldnt we talk about it!

You are my hero!

I still can't believe what happened!

I saw some of the clips, for example Kashmir. I'm sitting here at work, and I can't even work. Maybe next week.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Just wish some people would talk about other bands sometimes instead of just talking about the exact same thing for a week, there is plenty of other stuff to talk about right now in music besides Zeppelin.

yeah, but you can't control other people. You can't take away from their interests, but you probably can add to their interests alot better. I mean, people are freaking pumped about this right now. They will be with the release of the DVD and if there is a tour......... holy shit. Its something that alot of people can agree to be excited about because its a band that most rock fans honestly consider to be the very best or close to it. Anyway, right now its at a fever pitch. Kinda like the day after the Cowboys beat the Packers ;)
  • memememe Posts: 4,695

Watching stairway on youtube as I type.
    Best band ever.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • And besides, this is the "Other [than Pearl Jam] Music" forum, where else should Pearl Jam fans take discussions about Led Zeppelin? There is a big sign on this thread that says Led Zeppelin. That should be enough for you to decide whether to hit or pass. I personally hate Dim-Sum Chinese Food. In Chinatown(LA), I read the signs and avoid these places like the plague. I don't run into one of these places screaming "Dim-Sum sucks!". Please don't be a turd in our punchbowl. Us Zeppelin fans are having a moment we thought would never happen ever again. And when it came, it was better than what anybody would have dreamed. Please let us savor this moment. Thanks.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • there are plenty of bands i don't care for, so if i see a thread for them i don't post in them. just avoid the zep threads and go to the ones you like. sure there are a ton of zep threads, but with damn good reason. last nite was a huge deal.

i can't even watch the clips at work cuz i want to totally zone out on them, i have to wait till i get home (dammit!)
    And besides, this is the "Other [than Pearl Jam] Music" forum, where else should Pearl Jam fans take discussions about Led Zeppelin? There is a big sign on this thread that says Led Zeppelin. That should be enough for you to decide whether to hit or pass. I personally hate Dim-Sum Chinese Food. In Chinatown(LA), I read the signs and avoid these places like the plague. I don't run into one of these places screaming "Dim-Sum sucks!". Please don't be a turd in our punchbowl. Us Zeppelin fans are having a moment we thought would never happen ever again. And when it came, it was better than what anybody would have dreamed. Please let us savor this moment. Thanks.

Excellent post mate. I'm on such a high still, 24 hours after the gig, you wouldnt believe it! It was such an emotional night. I give thanks to God for giving me the chance to see the greatest rock band of all time! :)
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Just wish some people would talk about other bands sometimes instead of just talking about the exact same thing for a week, there is plenty of other stuff to talk about right now in music besides Zeppelin.
    But, the Led Zeppelin reunion yesterday, to most music fans, was the biggest thing going on currently in the music world. Myself included. Everything else, Pearl Jam included (if they had an thing going on this year) would all take a backseat to the Led Zeppelin show yesterday. And due to its magnitude, the discussions will be long lasting on many different music forums like this one. We'll be speculating a future tour and analyzing and watching shitty YouTube clips from the show for a long time to come - until the DVD is released or a full blown tour is announced.

This Led Zeppelin hype isn't going away anytime soon. If I were you, I'd get used to not clicking on these Led Zeppelin threads.
    Its something that alot of people can agree to be excited about because its a band that most rock fans honestly consider to be the very best or close to it.
    Damn straight!!!
    Us Zeppelin fans are having a moment we thought would never happen ever again. And when it came, it was better than what anybody would have dreamed. Please let us savor this moment. Thanks.
    Thank You!!!

I still cannot believe that it actually happened!!!

I am gonna watch a bunch more YouTube videos tonight.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    haha- this is great!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=3088&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I feel so priviledged to have been there to see this gig!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I was skeptical about this performance after all live aid and atlantic record shows sucked bad. I was worried it would tarnish their image and just be a nostalgia ride back to the 70's but they held their own plus a lot more. They were in fine fine form.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Imagine if your precious Oasis played there first concert in over 25 years and you had a chance to go. You would be really excited and I'm guessing you would be talking about it THE DAY AFTER IT HAPPENED.

Thats how the rest of the world feels about Led Zeppelin.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)