Who has the best taste in music in this section?

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Todd76 wrote:
    if you haven't already you should check out Set Fire To Flames - Sings Reign Rebuilder.......great album with a GSYBE vibe to it

from Wikipedia:

Set Fire to Flames is a post-rock band of thirteen musicians from Montreal, Canada, who have released two albums on Alien8 Recordings, FatCat Records.

Both albums were recorded "in states of little or no sleep, in varying levels of intoxication, and in physical confinement", with the result being brooding, eerie music. Their second album was recorded in a barn in rural Ontario; the sounds of the creaking doors and other background noise are heard in the songs.

Many of their tracks are very minimalist in nature, filled with ambient noise and various other non-musical sound effects, juxtaposed or combined with instrumental music.

The band is often considered a side-project of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and the two musical ensembles share several members
    I have already got it but thanks for the recommendation :) I have most of the stuff from the better known Montreal post-rock bands like Set Fire to Flames, Do Make Say Think, Shalabi Effect, Hrsta etc.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Odin wrote:
    Pfffffffft! :D

Neurosis, Mastodon, The Sword, Baroness, Clutch, Torche, Akimbo, Dinosaur Jr., Mars Volta, Machine Head, Mushroomhead, Meshuggah, Opeth, Isis, Big Business, Black Label Society, Boris, Sigur Ros, RATM, Pearl Jam, MMJ, Year Long Disaster...

How the fuck can this be considered the best taste in music give or take one or two from the list??????? Im quite literally stunned at the selection given as an example of superior "taste" in music!

some people.......................
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    How the fuck can this be considered the best taste in music give or take one or two from the list??????? Im quite literally stunned at the selection given as an example of superior "taste" in music!

some people.......................

Open your ears...
    Super Vedder, I read through your posts and saw that you are actually going to pay money to see Bjork in concert.

ROFL....Bjork sucks....you have no credibility.
  • Odin wrote:
    Super Vedder, I read through your posts and saw that you are actually going to pay money to see Bjork in concert.

So Bjork sucks because YOU don't rate her? Yet again more marvellous insight from the all knowing Odin, thanks for your input. Perhaps now the millions of fans she has will read this and realise they are all wrong as Odin said so.

Why do i keep replying to these inane comments from your good self? :confused:
    So Bjork sucks because YOU don't rate her? Yet again more marvellous insight from the all knowing Odin, thanks for your input. Perhaps now the millions of fans she has will read this and realise they are all wrong as Odin said so.

Why do i keep replying to these inane comments from your good self? :confused:

Her "music" is crap. There is no comparison between this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

and this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e5jANOe_0

The Spice Girls also had millions of fans in the 1990s. What does that prove? Nothing, other than that the masses are generally quite stupid.
  • haha hell yeah
    i7330_755758341l6zv5np.gif
    Thanks to Photogiga.com for Free Image Hosting
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Odin wrote:
    On this board, maybe. But if you were to list those bands as "metal" elsewhere, you'd get laughed off the Internet!

Tek money is far too thick skinned and self-confident to be laughed off of anywhere.

I have to say, at first I didn't understand why everyone attacked the OP for something I just considered a request for opinions. But now it's becoming clear.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    Odin wrote:

Your arrogance, without justification astounds me.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

don't worry about it :)

as for the question who has the best taste in music in this section?

the answer is I AM NO ONE CAN COMPARE TO ME :D:D:D
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

Yeah, and eurofags like you and Super Vedder are so humble and open-minded, right?
    Odin wrote:
    Yeah, and eurofags like you and Super Vedder are so humble and open-minded, right?
    Umm... yeah. I can't decide if eurofags is a racist comment or a reference to the music I listen to. If it's the latter, the majority of music I listen to is american, though I listen to a lot of canadian, european, asian and oriental music. My tastes are most likely far more open-minded and diverse than you but, regardless of that, I'm not on here trashing people over it. Get over yourself you arrogant likeability vacuum.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Umm... yeah. I can't decide if eurofags is a racist comment or a reference to the music I listen to. If it's the latter, the majority of music I listen to is american, though I listen to a lot of canadian, european, asian and oriental music. My tastes are most likely far more open-minded and diverse than you but, regardless of that, I'm not on here trashing people over it. Get over yourself you arrogant likeability vacuum.

How could "eurofags" be considered "racist" when "European" isn't a race? God, some people are stupid! You remind me of the idiots who refer to the human species as "the human race."
    Odin wrote:
    How could "eurofags" be considered "racist" when "European" isn't a race? God, some people are stupid! You remind me of the idiots who refer to the human species as "the human race."
    Excuse me, why are you on this website? Do you dislike yourself so much that you had to sign up to a discussion board so that you could insult people without provocation?

If you want to be picky about words, go for it. We'll see who's the idiot when you grow up a bit and realise what an asshole you are. Let's just call you homophobic and bigotted then, given that fag is a homophobic epithet, not to mention distressingly unpleasant. Besides, race is a term that can be employed to describe nationalistic identity as well as ethnic. Read up on Johann Gottfried Herder. Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm probably talking crap because I'm so stupid.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Excuse me, why are you on this website? Do you dislike yourself so much that you had to sign up to a discussion board so that you could insult people without provocation?

I signed up because... get ready for a shock... I used to be a big Pearl Jam fan. Who would've thought that someone who grew up listening to Pearl Jam would register on a Pearl Jam message board? What are the odds of that happening, Sherlock?
    If you want to be picky about words, go for it. We'll see who's the idiot when you grow up a bit and realise what an asshole you are. Let's just call you homophobic and bigotted then, given that fag is a homophobic epithet, not to mention distressingly unpleasant. Besides, race is a term that can be employed to describe nationalistic identity as well as ethnic. Read up on Johann Gottfried Herder. Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm probably talking crap because I'm so stupid.

Strike two for you. How could "Euro" refer to "nationalistic identity" when Europe isn't a nation, you dumbass? Race is defined as "a biological concept that refers to gene frequencies in a population." There is no "European" race. This holds true especially today, since immigrants from all over the world have migrated to the UK, France, Holland, Spain, etc.
    Odin wrote:
    I signed up because... get ready for a shock... I used to be a big Pearl Jam fan. Who would've thought that someone who grew up listening to Pearl Jam would register on a Pearl Jam message board? What are the odds of that, Sherlock?

Strike two for you. How could "Euro" refer to "nationalistic identity" when Europe isn't a nation, you dumbass? Race is defined as "a biological concept that refers to gene frequencies in a population." There is no "European" race. This holds true especially today, since immigrants from all over the world have migrated to the UK, France, Holland, Spain, etc.
    Europe could be thought of us a conglomerate of nations, bound together by it's population of caucasians, therein bringing the concept of race into the equation, much as one could call asians a "race", even though asia isn't an identity.

My initial question wasn't what led you to join a Pearl Jam message board, it was intended to ask why you joined any when you just like insulting people. People like you don't last long here. Personal attacks are dealt with by banning. Something to think about huh? I already pushed it calling you an asshole but let's be honest, you deserved it.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    relax guys.

Odin, are you a fan of Floor? i saw that you dig Torche. what about Rwake?
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Europe could be thought of us a conglomerate of nations, bound together by it's population of caucasians, therein bringing the concept of race into the equation, much as one could call asians a "race", even though asia isn't an identity.

I'll provide a two-fold explanation as to why you are wrong:

1. Europe's population is not uniformly Caucasian. It wasn't when the Moors conquered Spain in the Eighth Century, and it certainly isn't today.

2. Caucasians haven't been situated exclusively on the European continent for centuries. Furthermore, there are no distinguishing physical characteristics between European Caucasians and North American or Australian Caucasians.

The "eurofag" comment was more cultural than racial in nature.
    My initial question wasn't what led you to join a Pearl Jam message board, it was intended to ask why you joined any when you just like insulting people. People like you don't last long here. Personal attacks are dealt with by banning. Something to think about huh? I already pushed it calling you an asshole but let's be honest, you deserved it.

It's only human nature to go on the defensive when attacked. My "insulting" remarks were not unprovoked. I wasn't insulting in my original post. I thought I made myself quite clear when I wrote "no offence, dude" to Todd76. I guess some people can't handle not being included in my subjective list. Too bad.
    Odin wrote:

It's only human nature to go on the defensive when attacked. My "insulting" remarks were not unprovoked. I wasn't insulting in my original post. I thought I made myself quite clear when I wrote "no offence, dude" to Todd76. I guess some people can't handle not being included in my subjective list. Too bad.
    I'm not talking about Todd76, I'm talking about the person who liked Bjork, the person you called laughable.

But I'm done. I don't need a banning over this and I will end up saying something that is neither necessary nor a good idea. Have a nice, suitably bitter and cynical life.
    relax guys.

Odin, are you a fan of Floor? i saw that you dig Torche. what about Rwake?

I've heard of Floor, but haven't listened to any of their songs. Rwake is right down my alley: very heavy yet melodic.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm not talking about Todd76, I'm talking about the person who liked Bjork, the person you called laughable.

You mean the person who initiated the beef by jumping into my thread and writing, "How the fuck can this be considered the best taste..." and "some people......"??? Although it wasn't the most insulting post in the world, it was nevertheless worse than my "credibility" comment that you took such great offence to.

Everyone else seems to get a free pass to attack me relentlessly, while I am held to a higher standard and must remain "civil" while running through a gauntlet of attacks. It won't be the end of the world if the mods banned me. It won't be the first time I've been banned from a forum and it probably won't be the last. Besides, I've got better time to do with my time than argue around the clock with a bunch of dimwitted fuckheads like you and Super Vedder.
    Odin wrote:
    I've heard of Floor, but haven't listened to any of their songs. Rwake is right down my alley: very heavy yet melodic.
    Floor is the dude from Torche's previous band. they released 2 full lengths i believe.. i have one called Dove. very cool.
    Floor is the dude from Torche's previous band. they released 2 full lengths i believe.. i have one called Dove. very cool.

Shit, I'll have to give them a listen. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Odin wrote:
    Besides, I've got better time to do with my time than argue around the clock with a bunch of dimwitted fuckheads like you and Super Vedder.
    :)

You make me happy.
    Odin wrote:
    Shit, I'll have to give them a listen. Thanks for the recommendation!
    i think there's an mp3 of a song called "Who You Are" on http://www.stonerrock.com
  • Is it even possible for someone to perceive someone else's taste as better than their own? Isn't that like saying "I like the music _____ likes better than the music I like."?
  • Odin wrote:
    Her "music" is crap. There is no comparison between this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

and this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e5jANOe_0

The Spice Girls also had millions of fans in the 1990s. What does that prove? Nothing, other than that the masses are generally quite stupid.

Are we trying to compare the music, the lyrics (of what you can fuckin hear of the mastodon shit), the visuals or all three combined?

Im pretty certain that bjork wins on all counts in MY opinion, BUT the most important aspect of any discussion with your self from what i have read lately is that your opinion is right and if someone doesn't agree with you they are just idiots!!
  • Is it even possible for someone to perceive someone else's taste as better than their own? Isn't that like saying "I like the music _____ likes better than the music I like."?

I totally agree, how has this thread lasted for 10 pages aswell?????
    Are we trying to compare the music, the lyrics (of what you can fuckin hear of the mastodon shit), the visuals or all three combined?

Im pretty certain that bjork wins on all counts in MY opinion, BUT the most important aspect of any discussion with your self from what i have read lately is that your opinion is right and if someone doesn't agree with you they are just idiots!!

GTFOH!!!!! Bjork's "music" doesn't hold a candle to Mastodon's amazing guitar-playing and drumming. There is no comparison.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I probably have the worst taste in music...so put me at the bottom of that list : )