Cobain was a wingeing prick!!

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited August 2007 in Other Music
OK, I said it 'out loud'. But I remember it like this... I heard Nirvana in 1991, thought they were very special. I heard PJ early 1992, instantly I preffered what they did-more rock than punk, but every bit as special. I still loved Nirvana, but Cobain went on that anti-PJ thing for ages, and he got right up my fuckin nose. I didn't even buy a ticket for the gig sheduled at Cardiff in 1994, I'd seen them allready and wasn't feeling the need to see the whingeing fucker again. He dissed Ed so much in the press, I ended up really disliking the tosser. I still loved his records, still do -even tho' they aint as good as PJ's- yet I thought he became a right fanny. I know Ed forgave him, but I wouldn't have-and indeeed I haven't really. I still think of him as a great artist who offered so much, yet counteracted his vision with his 'blinkered and judgemental' views and opinions of others. I couldn't stand the sight of the prick and his PJ moans by the time he did what he did! Sorry to Ed, I know you accepted his apology-but I didn't, and I thought in 92 as I do now, that Pearl Jam are a finer band than Nirvana-and it's been proven I reckon, so screw him!!.
juk
wHAT YOU RECKON?
RSVP.
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    let by-gones be by-gones, i'm sure kurt would've grown up by now, maybe we should too & just get the fuck over it, after all, ed is isn't he??

and no, i'm not one of these biased nirvana fans, just a human being who realises life is far too short to hold shitty little grudges over things that are now extinct.

now let both sets of fans kiss & make up :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • My abiding memory of Kurt was him moaning in interviews, and pretending he liked Shonen Knife, who were as horrible as Clive James in stockings and suspenders.

Then he died, and shops in Sunderland that usually sold poor quality posters of East 17 and Take That had a couple of Kurts in their window.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    My abiding memory of Kurt was him moaning in interviews, and pretending he liked Shonen Knife, who were as horrible as Clive James in stockings and suspenders.

Then he died, and shops in Sunderland that usually sold poor quality posters of East 17 and Take That had a couple of Kurts in their window.

Bang on Fins. Shitty pictures all over market stalls....RIP, all that shit. I even saw a t-shirt for sale in Spain recently with pics of Lennon,Hendrix , Marley...and Cobain!! "they all met in heaven" was the caption, I mean 3 icons, 3 sadly passed from chronic illness, addiction and murder..and then that moaning twat!!! Leave it out! Over rated, over blown, over opinionated, and over indulgent in the extreme!!!!!
    Pearl Jam rocks.... They did then....and they do now.
    juk
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    jamie uk wrote:
    Bang on Fins. Shitty pictures all over matket stalls....RIP, all that shit. I even saw a t-shirt for sale in Spain recently with pics of Lennon,Hendrix , Marley...and Cobain!! "they all met in heaven" was the caption, I mean 3 icons, 3 sadly passed from chronic illness, addiction and murder..and then that moaning twat!!! Leave it out! Over rated, over blown, over opinionated, and over indulgent in the extreme!!!!!
    Pearl Jam rocks.... They did then....and they do now.
    juk
    Um, I'm a HUGE Hendrix fan. He overdosed.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • jamie uk wrote:
    OK, I said it 'out loud'. But I remember it like this... I heard Nirvana in 1991, thought they were very special. I heard PJ early 1992, instantly I preffered what they did-more rock than punk, but every bit as special. I still loved Nirvana, but Cobain went on that anti-PJ thing for ages, and he got right up my fuckin nose. I didn't even buy a ticket for the gig sheduled at Cardiff in 1994, I'd seen them allready and wasn't feeling the need to see the whingeing fucker again. He dissed Ed so much in the press, I ended up really disliking the tosser. I still loved his records, still do -even tho' they aint as good as PJ's- yet I thought he became a right fanny. I know Ed forgave him, but I wouldn't have-and indeeed I haven't really. I still think of him as a great artist who offered so much, yet counteracted his vision with his 'blinkered and judgemental' views and opinions of others. I couldn't stand the sight of the prick and his PJ moans by the time he did what he did! Sorry to Ed, I know you accepted his apology-but I didn't, and I thought in 92 as I do now, that Pearl Jam are a finer band than Nirvana-and it's been proven I reckon, so screw him!!.
    juk
    wHAT YOU RECKON?
    RSVP.
    My advice: Separate the art from the artist...you'll leave yourself open to a lot more that way.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    juk
    wHAT YOU RECKON?
    RSVP.

what do i reckon? i reckon it's not your place to 'forgive' cobain comments he directed at someone else. :)
    and big woop that cobain dissed eddie and pj. hell, even i've done that and it's no big thing. the fact that he did it in the media is neither here nor there. if eddie had have been half the man you all take him to be, he would have fucked cobain up good for being a douche. instead he sat there and took it cause he knew deep down that cobain was right. oh sure you can say cobain's outburst should not have been dignified or legitimised with retorts from ed or anyone else pj related. but seriously, the hunger for success outweighed everything else including any residual integrity eddie possessed coming into seattle. you've all heard him whinge about shit he would have done differently. now we're all older(eddie too) it's all just irrelevant shit that has no real meaning to anything anymore. nor is it reflective(probably) of who eddie is as a person now. you're young, you say stupid shit, do dumbarse things. then you grow up and mature and look back and think what a dick you were. perhaps had cobain lived longer he would have come to the same conclusion. perhaps not. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    finally a thread about this!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Saturnal wrote:
    My advice: Separate the art from the artist...you'll leave yourself open to a lot more that way.

Well said!
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Saturnal wrote:
    YES I ALWAYS DO THAT AND I COME UP WITH = NIRVANA 10% as good as pearl jam and pearl jam 90% better than nirvana...i know 10% is on the high side but in all fairness??
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i opened this thread hoping to get some insight on what "wingeing " means.
  • Um, I'm a HUGE Hendrix fan. He overdosed.

He drowned in masses of red wine, causing him to choke on his vomit. There were nine Vesperax sleeping tablets in his system, belonging to Monika Dannemann. What should be noted about Jimi was that his blood alcohol was barely over the legal limit for drivers, and the doctors who examined him paid particular attention to the red wine matting his face, clothes and hair. It looked as if wine had been poured down his throat and left to dry. There was also either a jumper or towel tied around his throat. That too was soaked in red wine.

The coroner, Gavin Thurston, was right to say "Insufficient evidence of circumstances, open verdict", but was perhaps hasty to name barbiturate intoxication and inhalation of vomit as the main cause of death. Drowning people often choke on their vomit. I'm not a daft conspiracy theorist, but there was always something very odd about Jimi's death.

It should also be noted that at Jimi's autopsy, no needle marks or evidence of heroin use were found on his body, at all.
  • what do i reckon? i reckon it's not your place to 'forgive' cobain comments he directed at someone else. :)
    and big woop that cobain dissed eddie and pj. hell, even i've done that and it's no big thing. the fact that he did it in the media is neither here nor there. if eddie had have been half the man you all take him to be, he would have fucked cobain up good for being a douche. instead he sat there and took it cause he knew deep down that cobain was right. oh sure you can say cobain's outburst should not have been dignified or legitimised with retorts from ed or anyone else pj related. but seriously, the hunger for success outweighed everything else including any residual integrity eddie possessed coming into seattle. you've all heard him whinge about shit he would have done differently. now we're all older(eddie too) it's all just irrelevant shit that has no real meaning to anything anymore. nor is it reflective(probably) of who eddie is as a person now. you're young, you say stupid shit, do dumbarse things. then you grow up and mature and look back and think what a dick you were. perhaps had cobain lived longer he would have come to the same conclusion. perhaps not. ;):D:p

Look. if Cobain was around now he would have regretted everything he said. He DID carry on like a an idiot. That's a FACT. But nobody remembers that because his death has overshadowed everything he had said...

Looking back at some of those old interviews, he was sooo cheesy, the typical big headed rock star. He was getting outsold and could'nt handle it. Ed and Pearl Jam did not say a public word about Nirvana or Kurt (or at least I did'nt hear anything, if they did i'd love hear it!) and I think at the time, at least from what I remember of it, people were beginning to see Kurt in negative light because of his comments. His death then superceded all of this. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

The rivalry between PJ and Nirvana began and ended with Kurt. Why he did this nobody will ever know for sure...Why he married Courtney, nobody will ever know for sure...my guess is he was a publicity whore who demanded to be the centre of attention, somebody who would do anything to be noticed, hell the guy killed himself...commited suicide...to quote ED, "the center of his own attention"!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    its not like cobain was a happy soul & his final action confirmed that at least there was integrity to his whinging.
    I recall hearing that it was jeff ament who cobain had the biggest problem with, saw him as a careerist, someone called mark arm wasnt too fond of ol´jeff either.

ed was quoted spewing silliness back in the day too, especially after cobains death.
  • elmer wrote:
    ed was quoted spewing silliness back in the day too, especially after cobains death.

What silliness? Seriously, I like know what you mean by that!
  • elmer wrote:
    I recall hearing that it was jeff ament who cobain had the biggest problem with, saw him as a careerist, someone called mark arm wasnt too fond of ol´jeff either.

See, this is what I did'nt quite get! He thought Jeff and Stone were careerists...I get that, but so was he! And Mark Arm's band also signed a with a major label...I never quite understood all that!

Perhaps their creative differences in Green River fuelled it all..and then upon their success with Pearl Jam, it was a case of "oh those two sell outs"!
  • elmer wrote:
    its not like cobain was a happy soul & his final action confirmed that at least there was integrity to his whinging.

Personally, I think his actions prove that he was devoid of integrity!
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    the hendrix, cobain etc shirt is one of the best shirts ever made. Nobody who would wear it is taking it at absolute face value, its got humour.
    What silliness? Seriously, I like know what you mean by that!
    moaning about his fucked up childhood and just his general moaning.
    after cobains death there was the interview where he said pj may not play for a long time and he complained about the pressure he was under yada yada, well at the time I thought it was hilarious but now I would cringe.
    Personally, I think his actions prove that he was devoid of integrity!
    I mean there was integrity to his unhappiness.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I don't have a problem with Nirvana, but anyone who kills themselves and leaves a child behind is a selfish, weak and pathetic example of a human being.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    jamie uk wrote:
    juk
    wHAT YOU RECKON?
    RSVP.

My opinion is that you're taking all this shit way too personal. Who cares what Cobain thought about Pearl Jam? Does someone else's opinion effect your enjoyment of listening to Pearl Jam albums in anyway? No.

Even to take it to a personal level, if Vedder accepted the apology, why can't you?

The Gallagher brothers bitch about all kinds of bands (even ones I like) and I just think it's funny. To get offended b/c somebody you don't know says something mean about somebody you don't know is just silly.

It's rock and it's entertainment, even if those in the biz feud publicly. To take it futher, I think it's pretty rock and roll for rock stars to fued publicly and criticize, I wish they'd bitch more, feud more, be drunk in public more, and fuck up in concert more. I'm tired of this adult maturity shit, talking about babies, etc.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Pearl Jam fans are whiney little pussies.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    fanch75 wrote:
    My opinion is that you're taking all this shit way too personal. Who cares what Cobain thought about Pearl Jam? Does someone else's opinion effect your enjoyment of listening to Pearl Jam albums in anyway? No.

Even to take it to a personal level, if Vedder accepted the apology, why can't you?

The Gallagher brothers bitch about all kinds of bands (even ones I like) and I just think it's funny. To get offended b/c somebody you don't know says something mean about somebody you don't know is just silly.

It's rock and it's entertainment, even if those in the biz feud publicly. To take it futher, I think it's pretty rock and roll for rock stars to fued publicly and criticize, I wish they'd bitch more, feud more, be drunk in public more, and fuck up in concert more. I'm tired of this adult maturity shit, talking about babies, etc.

"it's only rock and roll and i like it, like it, yes i do."

:)
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    JWBusher wrote:
    Pearl Jam fans are whiney little pussies.

Fuckin' A. I'm about to trade in all my Pearl Jam CD's in (except for YIELD & 8) for CD's by the Crue, Van Halen, Kiss, Ratt, JET, Buckcherry, Oasis, and other bands that are rock and roll.

Well not really, but yeah sometimes.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Why does everybody makes a problem of everything what Cobain did,
    the poor motherfucker is dead, (don't really think it's a motherfocker:p).
    He wrote and played great music in my opinion. Why don't you just forget Cobain WAS an asshole, cause I really think he was. Just listen to his music and think:
    "this is cool:)" or "this is shit:(".

Like I said before: I agree Cobain was an asshole. I think Eddie is quite a nice person, isn't he? Well I like both guys, and don't know which I like most. They're pretty different in my opinion. But why should I care, I'm never going to meet Cobain (I know for sure) and I doubt I'm going to meet Eddie in person, so why should I care how nice they are/were?

Sorry if this all is bullshit.
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • nickcat0nickcat0 Posts: 75
    If I remember rightly Cobain accused Pearl Jam of being just like the "hair metal" bands of the 80's , and of selling out .
    Personally I just found it very funny . If Cobain was not interested in the commercial side of music himself , then why sign with a record company ? Why make videos ? Why go on tour ?
    Any band who decides to do more than just play local gigs , in their hometown clubs for beer money plus expenses , is selling out .
    As for my opinion of Cobain.......
    He wrote some good tunes , but crap lyrics . He was a very average guitarist and vocallist . He did seem to do nothing but whine , whether in interview or song lyric .
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    9/9/06
    Everton 3 RS 0
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    what do i reckon? i reckon it's not your place to 'forgive' cobain comments he directed at someone else. :)

Nice response Jethro. Cobain was a piece of garbage that thought he was "above" certain people. Its obvious that Ed was never completely comfortable in the public eye, but at least he had the balls to tough it out and not take the easy way out. I think Cobain realized his 15 minutes were up and he just could not handle it. Although he made good music, he proved he was a loser in the end.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    releeseme wrote:
    Nice response Jethro. Cobain was a piece of garbage that thought he was "above" certain people. Its obvious that Ed was never completely comfortable in the public eye, but at least he had the balls to tough it out and not take the easy way out. I think Cobain realized his 15 minutes were up and he just could not handle it. Although he made good music, he proved he was a loser in the end.
    a little harsh dont you think? "a piece of garbage"......did you actually know the guy suffiently to draw this conclusion?
    he had a wife & friends so I´d reckon he wasnt such an asshole all the time.

Ed had "the balls to tough it out" you say, like for fucks sake you make their lives sound torturous yet at any time Ed or Kurt coulda just taken off & lived a peaceful existence somewhere else, say like algeria or someplace. Im thankful that Ed has stuck it out though, bless him.
    releeseme wrote:

LMAO!!! the easy way out? that just goes to show how you have zero understanding or compassion for anyone who finds themselves in such a position. and no i don't mean the fame and all that bullshit, cause that's all that really is.
    you seriously think that the fame was the major contributer to cobain's death? give me a fucking break.
    if i had half the balls cobain had to do what he did, i'd be in a much better place.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Look. if Cobain was around now he would have regretted everything he said. He DID carry on like a an idiot. That's a FACT. But nobody remembers that because his death has overshadowed everything he had said...

you can't say what cobain would have regretted had he lived. but i think i did cover that in my initial post. we all do and say dumbarse things when we are in our 20s. we also lash out and say stupid things when we feel cornered or whatever. hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)
    and yes i do remember the crap cobain said just as i remember vedder's comments. just as cobain said saome shit that made me just shake my head, ed said some shit that makes me cringe. and sure that doesn't change the sincerity of what he said but it's just my interpretation. because guess what? I DON'T KNOW EITHER COBAIN OR VEDDER. my perceptions come via media interviews and soundbites. a lot of which it's possible to take out of context. :)

but who really cares anyway, something one rocker said about another rocker is not going to change my opinion when it comes to the music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say