Options

People who bring their kids to PJ shows...

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Perhaps you are correct. (Misunderstanding- no doubt....) However, it does get quite "old" (excuse the "pun") of those thinking everyone over "40" suddenly needs a "walker"....or that we are frikon "Wise." Sounds like something my grandpa said to me....late 70's.....Live and learn. I am personally about that....makes us a little smarter, wiser, but NOT OLD. Please do not refer to us as Old - and I will no longer be offended. And btw -I don't consider myself old - nor fat...but a bit wiser - evey day -for the road I travel. Aren't we all....(wiser for that)....and how age should not be assigned for the life-lessons of what one has learned in life...?

she IS.....absolutely correct. you misunderstood my post ENTIRELY. if you LOOK at the post i had quoted, and thus responded to...i was basically AGREEING with the poster that 40 feels no different from 20:
    SPALMA wrote:
    ahhh... 40, 50 doesn't feel a whole lot different than 24, 32, 17... well, ok, there are SOME differences, but mostly for the better. I wouldn't want to go back. And the "relevance" of music is just as strong now as it ever was.
    it's all state of mind.

and the wisdom the old can't give away..........

you DO realize i was quoting pj lyrics there, yes? i thought since this is a pj message board, my post would CLEARLY be understood. even with or w/o them being pj lyrics, i would think? the MEANING of my post would be pretty self-evident. obviously, 'it's all state of mind'...meaning for anything really.....how you think/feel, is entirely up to you, not dependent on others, or factors such as age, etc. in regards to the LBC quote 'the wisdom the old can't give away'....yes, it uses the word old (ed wrote the song around the age 40 - just over/under perhaps, btw)....and sure...it IS becasue people at 15-20...think of 40+ as old, and again...that's the POINT - this 'wisdom'...learning what life is really like, only comes with many, many life experiences, etc....and only once you reach that 35+...do you realize it's NOT old....etc. yikes. hahahaha. i thought ANYone here would *get* the point of me quoting those pj lyrics. perhaps don't be so quick to jump all over something simply b/c it includes the word 'old'...understanding thru context is a great thing. ;)

btw - i am 39!
    :D
    thus...the whole POINT.
    so while i completely agree with all your points on aging, i feel exactly the same way...however, your anger/frustration quite wrongly directed at me. i am not old, in any sense....but i also am confident enough in myself and my place in life...that i couldn't care less if someone referred to me as old. their loss if they dismiss me b/c of my age. :p

edit - aha..i see someone already 'explained' the lyrics/point of my post.

thanks meme and GTFLYGIRL. :)

meme wrote:
    Well, Decides2Dream is pretty close to the big 40 (so am I) and I know she adores several fans here who have become great friends of hers, and with whom she absolutely loves going to shows. So yeah, big miscommunication there

GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    "The wisdom that the old can't give away
    Hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone"

They are lyrics from Love Boat Captain.

Without a doubt she was referring to Pearl Jam lyrics and repeating them in the context in which they were written by Ed.(Which I believe are in no way meant to be derogatory toward older people...)

exactly.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    Well 1 thing I must add is there are posts in here where the parents have taken responsibilty and given good reason, obviously they are in touch with their family and taken it upon themselves to make sure the situation and circumstances are better.
    The bridge school would be a good start. Ed solo would be an even better start. You can trust pretty much what pj is going to do, as stated Ed does have his hang ups, west memphis 3, the pres, ect, ect, but honestly that kind of stuff is also on the local news.
    All it takes is good judgement and its obvious in some of these threads it shows amonst some of the others. When it comes to children your senses of judgement need to become stronger.
    Example My child really appreciates the music and has been begging for 2 years to go to pearl jam. As some stated they choose the atmospehere, type of show, and have a conversation and explain to them what could go wrong, and also have the intention of leaving early, possibly have mom there
    The remarks in some posts like adults act just like children anyway, they are going to eventually smell pot, and who cares about the measage I just want to have my child expierenxce a show, and it is a free countrty, it just shows a lack of responsibility as a parent, now some of you who made those comments may not be a parent like , a stepmom, aunt, uncle, so I cant hold it aginst you, you are not going to have the same connection with someones child as their parent would.Its a fact.
    My whole argument in this post started because a mom was looking for approval for taking her nine year old to motley crue.
    ****None of these other circumstances I speak of are even close to situation I have rambled on about, so please anyone with clear insight do not smudge the 2.
    It is not fair to compare them because the bands measage and fans are completely differant, and if someone cant tell the differance that is the lack of judgement I am talking about.**********
    I have already stated that I dont expect people on this board to find it typical to bring a kid to Crue concerts. Like I said, your affection for Pearl Jam is not the only affection anyone has had for any band every in the history of man. In my house, there is a high regard for Motley Crue music and when that tour was announced with the original members, yes I jumped on the chance to go with some family and friends. The evening was full of fun, no pot, no drugs, no drunkards as I see at every sports event and PJ concert. There was a little nudity, but harmless. I have already discussed that. My whole point for even sharing that story was that I made a conscious decision to spend a highly anticipated night with my friends and family, and my kid got excited but every time previously that this had happened, she stayed home, including ALL PJ concerts. I said that, you know what happens at PJ concerts, if you think your kid can handle it, its your choice to make. You can't listen to some shithead on a PJ message board and raise your kids based on consensus on a board.

My kid was psyched for Crue as were all the people in her life. Should we have shut her out, like you do? Leave her with some relative while the thing I anticipate most all year happens. Your argument is that you know that Motley concerts have coke deals in the parking lot, and dont accept that your imagination and preconceived notions are NOT real. You can not predict everything, at all times as you have argued. What if you get hit by a drunk on the way home from PJ and your kid is with out a Dad, just as possible as her gettting hit by someone. Point is you cant predict and these things can happen at Crue or PJ or Ringling Bros circus or a jets game.

I saw tons of kids at the Crue. I took her (then 12 now 13) to see VH a few months back. You wanna crucify my for that too? You know DLR once paid roadies to bring groupies back stage, 20 years ago. And Eddies an alchoholic. Does that mean the whole concert is unacceptable? There was so many kids at that show, I would have thought the Wiggles were opening.

Point is family is about bonding, not rule setting. Your sterile environment will damage your kids self esteem. Keep letting them believe that the key to life is being like the girl on TV. You morals suck. Don't push them on me.

***Post Edit: Also your arguement about the message in the music is absurd. Tipper Gores mentality doesn't have to be everyones. Neither does yours. PJ has written songs with Death Row inmates, how can you discuss message in the music and NOT discuss the writer. The appearance of this is not good, whats a bad message? Point is that when you decide for others what is acceptable or unacceptable, you become a Neo McCarthyist and you are only one step away from book burning. Thats what I meant by my first amendment comment. I am Catholic, your sig offends me and goes against my catholic belief that according to the First Commandment-I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD YOU SHALL NOT HAVE FALSE GODS BEFORE ME. You violate this commandment blatantly with your comment. But I have read that a 100 times in your sig before and never jumped on you about. You saw my post about Crue and condemned me to hell, so screw you and your pushy values.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    meme wrote:
    shut up
    sorry, I had to :D
    LOL
  • Options
    prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Thank you. :)
    DUH! He was being sardonic. Obviously you don't understand the joke. You see, Pearl Jam is all about speaking out and expressing your opinions. Even if it doesn't agree with yours! Wow amazing concept huh? Maybe you need to relisten to the music.
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    I have already stated that I dont expect people on this board to find it typical to bring a kid to Crue concerts. Like I said, your affection for Pearl Jam is not the only affection anyone has had for any band every in the history of man. In my house, there is a high regard for Motley Crue music and when that tour was announced with the original members, yes I jumped on the chance to go with some family and friends. The evening was full of fun, no pot, no drugs, no drunkards as I see at every sports event and PJ concert. There was a little nudity, but harmless. I have already discussed that. My whole point for even sharing that story was that I made a conscious decision to spend a highly anticipated night with my friends and family, and my kid got excited but every time previously that this had happened, she stayed home, including ALL PJ concerts. I said that, you know what happens at PJ concerts, if you think your kid can handle it, its your choice to make. You can't listen to some shithead on a PJ message board and raise your kids based on consensus on a board.

My kid was psyched for Crue as were all the people in her life. Should we have shut her out, like you do? Leave her with some relative while the thing I anticipate most all year happens. Your argument is that you know that Motley concerts have coke deals in the parking lot, and dont accept that your imagination and preconceived notions are NOT real. You can not predict everything, at all times as you have argued. What if you get hit by a drunk on the way home from PJ and your kid is with out a Dad, just as possible as her gettting hit by someone. Point is you cant predict and these things can happen at Crue or PJ or Ringling Bros circus or a jets game.

I saw tons of kids at the Crue. I took her (then 12 now 13) to see VH a few months back. You wanna crucify my for that too? You know DLR once paid roadies to bring groupies back stage, 20 years ago. And Eddies an alchoholic. Does that mean the whole concert is unacceptable? There was so many kids at that show, I would have thought the Wiggles were opening.

Point is family is about bonding, not rule setting. Your sterile environment will damage your kids self esteem. Keep letting them believe that the key to life is being like the girl on TV. You morals suck. Don't push them on me.

***Post Edit: Also your arguement about the message in the music is absurd. Tipper Gores mentality doesn't have to be everyones. Neither does yours. PJ has written songs with Death Row inmates, how can you discuss message in the music and NOT discuss the writer. The appearance of this is not good, whats a bad message? Point is that when you decide for others what is acceptable or unacceptable, you become a Neo McCarthyist and you are only one step away from book burning. Thats what I meant by my first amendment comment. I am Catholic, your sig offends me and goes against my catholic belief that according to the First Commandment-I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD YOU SHALL NOT HAVE FALSE GODS BEFORE ME. You violate this commandment blatantly with your comment. But I have read that a 100 times in your sig before and never jumped on you about. You saw my post about Crue and condemned me to hell, so screw you and your pushy values.

All this, I just think the measage in motley crue's music is not one that a 9 year old girl should be exposed too.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    All this, I just think the measage in motley crue's music is not one that a 9 year old girl should be exposed too.
    Yes you told me I was clueless, screwing up my kid and have tried to rally everyone on this board around you to condemn me and agree with you. All unprovoked by me. You have to be responsible for the fights you pick and don't deny you started them when you did. This is what yo should be teaching your kids, not that certain things will kill you and screw up your life, even if you use smart judgment. Many would say PJs music is dangerous, its very anti government and kids ought not to hear it. Who are you to judge folks who llike the crue or any band. My kid is also into My Morning Jacket, Im curious....harmful or not harmful? Tom Petty? Harmful or not harmful? Beatles..harmful? Who is harmful who is not? Who are you to judge.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    ... need to have their sex organs removed.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    kh65 wrote:
    ... need to have their sex organs removed.
    I bet your girlfriend would agree with that.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757

I talk dirty to 9 yo girls all the time. Of course, me and Chris Hansen are also on a first-name basis, so ....
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    scw156 wrote:
    ha. my mom loved pearl jam since day 1. she would always go on about how she loves mr. vedder for all these years.

she had a blast. only had to take one pee break. she has the bladder of an 80 year old woman too...

i'll enjoy my youth while i have it

I was at Camden in 2006, and I'm probably your mom's age. I've loved Pearl Jam since day 1 too, and think Eddie is hot, hot, hot! And even though my kids too would say that I have a bladder of an 80 year old woman, I was watching my beer intake so that I didn't have to take a pee break.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    my 14yr old son want's to go to hi's 1st pj show this june i'm thinking this age is ok will try to get tickets to the 2nd MSG night thru ticketmaster ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm a guy who saw his first show at 6 ( 1965) and saw this loud ,lefthanded guitar player from Seattle named Jimi open for the group I was there to see, The Monkees , Temple Stadium ,Philly, August 1967 at age 8 , and saw The Who, Pink Floyd, and The Troggs at JFK Stadium on 7/24/68. All because my aunt loved music and wanted to introduce me to different types. And for good grades during the school year just ended.

I think it's great kids get exposed to the joy and excitement that is music and a concert setting. Just make sure their ears are protected and they can see as well as possible to really enjoy the show. As for smoking and drinking, adults must not bogart the weed and booze. Pass it on. NO, SERIOUSLY, kids will be exposed to that stuff in life. Best to remove them from settings where booze or drugs are being abused, but I can't see how adults can avoid all of it.

That is so cool -- seeing Jimi when he was an opening act. Were you blown away? And The Who & Pink Floyd -- what a great aunt! Lucky boy! I'm not going to say anything derogatory about the Monkees because the first concert I went to was Herman's Hermit's (I was very, very young).
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    yield2me wrote:
    I've noticed some threads lately about people wanting to take their kids to shows so I felt it might be story time...

Last tour, at the Pittsburgh show there was this guy who brought his daughter (age 7-8ish) and her three friends (same age) and sat directly in front of us. We were close to the stage, in the stands on Mike's side. Everything is going fine and the girls seem to be excited about the show. About 2 songs into it the guys next to us and a guy who is by himself, next to the dad and 4 girls all spark up joints at the same time. Now the guy next to the dad and girls looked like he'd been eating mushrooms under the overpass for the last two weeks..scary.

Anyway, the pot smoke is just covering these girls and they're holding their mouths closed and the dad looks worried...long story short they leave after 3 songs.

I'm all for a younger group of people discovering/enjoying Pearl Jam but if you bring your kids make sure you realize that there will be pot all around you and crazy mushroom eating dudes who sleep under the overpass standing next to you (potentially). At the very least a lot of drunk people.

I personally think its retarded to take young kids to shows...seen some people with 2-4 year olds at these things. No reason they should be there IMO.

Well, I know it's different, but I brought my 12 year old sister to a show in Boston last tour. I was basically straight with her in a joking sort of way (if that makes sense).

I basically just said to her (in an obviously joking form) "There might be some people here who are smoking and drinking - but if you get the urge to do it yourself don't! Cause I don't want to get kicked out!!" She just laughed and said ok, and then I told her that I thought that stuff wasn't good to do, but some people do it. We then went in and had a great time (even though there were a few people sparking up).

I was basically telling her that it was gonna be around, and not to be frightened by it. I think its important to be honest, and if she had any questions or fears, she knew she could tell me or ask me.

I later told my parents this, and they thought it was the right way to handle it (I still think so too).
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    meme wrote:
    Well, Decides2Dream is pretty close to the big 40 (so am I) and I know she adores several fans here who have become great friends of hers, and with whom she absolutely loves going to shows. So yeah, big miscommunication there :)

Yeah - I figured out the "miscommunication" this evening. Are you going to Tampa? Think it would be nice to meet you. :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Yeah - I figured out the "miscommunication" this evening. Are you going to Tampa? Think it would be nice to meet you. :)

Unfortunately only Hartford and MSG for me this time... assuming I get tickets on Friday :). Next tour? :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    I talk dirty to 9 yo girls all the time. Of course, me and Chris Hansen are also on a first-name basis, so ....

That is one funny ass comment!
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Well, I know it's different, but I brought my 12 year old sister to a show in Boston last tour. I was basically straight with her in a joking sort of way (if that makes sense).

I basically just said to her (in an obviously joking form) "There might be some people here who are smoking and drinking - but if you get the urge to do it yourself don't! Cause I don't want to get kicked out!!" She just laughed and said ok, and then I told her that I thought that stuff wasn't good to do, but some people do it. We then went in and had a great time (even though there were a few people sparking up).

I was basically telling her that it was gonna be around, and not to be frightened by it. I think its important to be honest, and if she had any questions or fears, she knew she could tell me or ask me.

I later told my parents this, and they thought it was the right way to handle it (I still think so too).
    \
    well yos 12 is alot differant than 8 or 9, it is, you may not think so maybee you do, from havin a sister in the house, but its differqant

to the post you were quoting, wouldnt you agree that crue is a lil more aggressive than pj.

no more shows
  • Options
    \
    well yos 12 is alot differant than 8 or 9, it is, you may not think so maybee you do, from havin a sister in the house, but its differqant

to the post you were quoting, wouldnt you agree that crue is a lil more aggressive than pj.

Yup, first thing I said was 12 is different from 8 or nine. Plus, she was really almost thirteen, so it's definitely different.

Not sure what you're referring to about "crue"?
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    Yes you told me I was clueless, screwing up my kid and have tried to rally everyone on this board around you to condemn me and agree with you. All unprovoked by me. You have to be responsible for the fights you pick and don't deny you started them when you did. This is what yo should be teaching your kids, not that certain things will kill you and screw up your life, even if you use smart judgment. Many would say PJs music is dangerous, its very anti government and kids ought not to hear it. Who are you to judge folks who llike the crue or any band. My kid is also into My Morning Jacket, Im curious....harmful or not harmful? Tom Petty? Harmful or not harmful? Beatles..harmful? Who is harmful who is not? Who are you to judge.

Ms I only put you down when you took shots at my parenting.
    My only serious complain that keeps drawing me back is that you get it eventually.
    Its the whole scene, I was nice in explaing it to you in my first post when we were getting along.

You asked me if I had ever been to a crue show,
    yes 3 times.

The whole scene is mostly strippers, bouncers big dudes, drunk dudes, or crazy average rockers like myself.
    I have watched people storm the front, I have wathced people mosh, smoke weed, throw stuff, just plain old get nuts.
    I have watched vince bring chick up omn stage, have them show their breasts, vince make the audience vote for 3 differant girls asses
    its very testosteron driven
    as far as drugs, it more of dead scene, in philly where i would have to take my kids to see these bands, the dead shows have an area they call shakedown street, its where all the followers of the tour set up and sell you name it, shirts, food cds, and drugs.
    Now maybee you see shows in jones beach where the atmosphere is differant, or smaller venues where there are half the amount of people and no beer, but in philly the crue and dead do the large arenas
    so this is my expierience

now regardless of who ed is supportimng, pearl jam shows are not that bad anymore, maybee a festival, but the fans are not the same, they just arent. I am sorry for offending you, I suggested pming back and forth and you said no.

no more shows
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Yup, first thing I said was 12 is different from 8 or nine. Plus, she was really almost thirteen, so it's definitely different.

Not sure what you're referring to about "crue"?

Motley crue, a mom took her nine year old to motley crue, i told her she was misguided, and she basiclly labled me and my family as fucked up, I may take the family with me to west palm, my whole side of the family lives in fla, we take the kids to disney 2 times a year, my wife and oldest have been breaking my balls about a beach trip, so i figure while im there i will take the three so they can hang out at the marriot, she told me i was abandoning my family, leavbing them stuffed in a hotel, and that i shelter my kids and basically run a cult, and am damaging their minds.
    That i am force feeding diney down htere throats and i am a narcicist slob for not letting my daughter go to shows like motley crue
    my kids are 8 and 12/13 in a few days
    she said i shouldnt coach my kids in soccer becasue it sends the wrong measage, she also said peearl jam is no worse than crue becasue ed supporters murders, and hates the preseident, she also accused me of breaking the fifth amendment becasue of my sig, which is a play on words
    i was rasied catholic/ jewish and really do not follow a religion anymore, but do believe, I probably have more jewish beliefs than anything.
    Was I not to take offens, you know me yosi, it was gloves off.

no more shows
  • Options
    my 14yr old son want's to go to hi's 1st pj show this june i'm thinking this age is ok will try to get tickets to the 2nd MSG night thru ticketmaster ...

At 14 they are deffinatly old enough.

no more shows
  • Options
    Motley crue, a mom took her nine year old to motley crue, i told her she was misguided, and she basiclly labled me and my family as fucked up, I may take the family with me to west palm, my whole side of the family lives in fla, we take the kids to disney 2 times a year, my wife and oldest have been breaking my balls about a beach trip, so i figure while im there i will take the three so they can hang out at the marriot, she told me i was abandoning my family, leavbing them stuffed in a hotel, and that i shelter my kids and basically run a cult, and am damaging their minds.
    That i am force feeding diney down htere throats and i am a narcicist slob for not letting my daughter go to shows like motley crue
    she said i shouldnt coach my kids in soccer becasue it sends the wrong measage, she also said peearl jam is no worse than crue becasue ed supporters murders, and hates the preseident, she also accused me of breaking the fifth amendment becasue of my sig, which is a play on words
    i was rasied catholic/ jewish and really do not follow a religion anymore, but do believe, I probably have more jewish beliefs than anything.

Got it.

Well, I wouldn't take my sister at any age to a Motley Crue show, but that's because I wouldn't go myself. Don't enjoy their music, and certainly not their scene.

If this woman wants to take her kid, I guess its her business, and it could be worse, but for the most part I agree with you.

Also, there is definitely nothing wrong with taking your kids on a vacation, but going out at night without them. I don't see how's its abandoning your family if you go to a concert at night, but spend time with them all day at the beach/Disney?

And personal beliefs like religion, as long as you're not hurting, harming, or infringing on someone else's rights, your entitled to believe whatever you want.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Got it.

Well, I wouldn't take my sister at any age to a Motley Crue show, but that's because I wouldn't go myself. Don't enjoy their music, and certainly not their scene.

If this woman wants to take her kid, I guess its her business, and it could be worse, but for the most part I agree with you.

Also, there is definitely nothing wrong with taking your kids on a vacation, but going out at night without them. I don't see how's its abandoning your family if you go to a concert at night, but spend time with them all day at the beach/Disney?

And personal beliefs like religion, as long as you're not hurting, harming, or infringing on someone else's rights, your entitled to believe whatever you want.

\
    After reading your reply here, you always have a way of making a situation calmer, so we can think straight.
    Sure she may have seen motley in a small, venue, or somewhere like jones beech, maybee even from a club box or seat. And it is her bussiness, honestly though, on here I have a strict belief, do not ask for someones opinion if you do not want to hear it. I felt she was looking for a pat on a back for being a cool mom.
    Now I do apologize to her for making fun of her, I hate to do that to women, I do not know her circumstances any more than she knows mine.
    I just think if I want to keep my 9 year old away from that scene, I souldnt be put down for it.
    Her answer could have been, I know it was something risky I did at the time, but it worked out for the best. She never led me to believe that there was an ounce of trouble that could have happened at that show in her mind she was taking the kid to a rated g movie.
    thats the impression I percieved.

Yos your a good dude.

no more shows
  • Options
    if that means smoking pot or getting drunk...then it's their right to do so.

Their right?

I don't see smoking pot or public intoxication in the Bill of Fucking Rights.

Get over yourself.

Just because you or any other loser smokes pot or gets trashed at a show, doesn't mean it is a God given right.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    \
    After reading your reply here, you always have a way of making a situation calmer, so we can think straight.
    Sure she may have seen motley in a small, venue, or somewhere like jones beech, maybee even from a club box or seat. And it is her bussiness, honestly though, on here I have a strict belief, do not ask for someones opinion if you do not want to hear it. I felt she was looking for a pat on a back for being a cool mom.
    Now I do apologize to her for making fun of her, I hate to do that to women, I do not know her circumstances any more than she knows mine.
    I just think if I want to keep my 9 year old away from that scene, I souldnt be put down for it.
    Her answer could have been, I know it was something risky I did at the time, but it worked out for the best. She never led me to believe that there was an ounce of trouble that could have happened at that show in her mind she was taking the kid to a rated g movie.
    thats the impression I percieved.

Yos your a good dude.

Likewise my friend.
  • Options
    Their right?

I don't see smoking pot or public intoxication in the Bill of Fucking Rights.

Get over yourself.

Just because you or any other loser smokes pot or gets trashed at a show, doesn't mean it is a God given right.

I do smoke weed , not in shows, or anywhere near children, and I do drink at shows.

But you are totally right here.
    I know what I do is wrong, but nobody is perfect, and you should make others feel they are more important than yourelf at a concert, to a certain degree

no more shows
  • Options
    I do smoke weed , not in shows, or anywhere near children, and I get drink at shows.

But you are totally right here.
    I know what I do is wrong, but nobody is perfect, and you should make others feel they are more important than yourelf at a concert, to a certain degree

See I don't give a flying rats ass what you do. You want to smoke up, fine. You want to indulge in alcohol, go ahead.

I just hate people who think that just because it's a rock concert, it gives them the right to do whatever you want.

I thought Pearl Jam was all about respecting other people? I don't think someone getting so drunk, they puke all over the place before the show even starts, which causes the surrounding area to stink like high hell the whole 3 hour show to be respectful of others.

Likewise with the stoners who think it's cool to toke up at a concert, be damned with anybody who doesn't like it or can't handle it. Of course people who can't handle pot or cigarette smoke shouldn't go to rock concerts because pot smoking "should be expected."

Ya know, cause like that makes it alright. People expect other people to get shot at everyday, doesn't make it right to shoot people.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    See I don't give a flying rats ass what you do. You want to smoke up, fine. You want to indulge in alcohol, go ahead.

I just hate people who think that just because it's a rock concert, it gives them the right to do whatever you want.

I thought Pearl Jam was all about respecting other people? I don't think someone getting so drunk, they puke all over the place before the show even starts, which causes the surrounding area to stink like high hell the whole 3 hour show to be respectful of others.

Likewise with the stoners who think it's cool to toke up at a concert, be damned with anybody who doesn't like it or can't handle it. Of course people who can't handle pot or cigarette smoke shouldn't go to rock concerts because pot smoking "should be expected."

Ya know, cause like that makes it alright. People expect other people to get shot at everyday, doesn't make it right to shoot people.

I pretty much agree with this. I don't mind people who do it, until it annoys/detracts/hurts someone else or their experience.
  • Options
    First of all, I am not a mom, I am a DAD. Get it straight idiot, and the whole point of my arguement is that what works for you can't and shouldn't be pushed onto everyone. You feel the need to make decisions for others as to what they should or should not do. Im telling you to mind your business. When your daughters knocked up at 15 you'll wish you didn't treat her like a veal calf.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    You two really need to take this to PMs.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.