Options

People who bring their kids to PJ shows...

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    yosi wrote:
    I pretty much agree with this. I don't mind people who do it, until it annoys/detracts/hurts someone else or their experience.
    im done, 1 thing here I will close on,I havent even read your last response.

I just payed close attention to your username. I am assuming you are from connecticut.
    From what I have gathered, that areas venues are stricter than jones beach. And if you trully pay attention to the vibe on this board, Philly is the craziest especially tailgating, this is the opinion I have read from the wishlist foundation, and they go to every area.
    Based on this alone we are talking about 2 completeley differant rock shows.
    Good luck

Dude you are talking shit on my daughter, I never did that to you.
    You expect me too listen to you. cmon.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    ctvedhead wrote:
    First of all, I am not a mom, I am a DAD. Get it straight idiot, and the whole point of my arguement is that what works for you can't and shouldn't be pushed onto everyone. You feel the need to make decisions for others as to what they should or should not do. Im telling you to mind your business. When your daughters knocked up at 15 you'll wish you didn't treat her like a veal calf.

Basically, what you're saying is, that others shouldn't tell others what to do, but he should listen to what you're telling him to do? :rolleyes:
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yosi wrote:
    Basically, what you're saying is, that others shouldn't tell others what to do, but he should listen to what you're telling him to do? :rolleyes:

gotta love the mind set of Pjam message pitters sometimes :D

Is it really neccssary to call someone an idiot over a thread? Me thinks its kind of gay...
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    lots of opinions, experiences. My take on it is also from personal experience. I missed out on a LOT of cool concerts in the 90s because there was no way that I was going to bring my 5 year old to a Soundgarden/PJ or any other rock band's show. She would have hated the "noise" and would have been bored out of her mind. If I did go, we got a babysitter. Age 10 she went to see Hanson and was in heaven. Her next "real" concert was The Who at age twelve. She enjoyed the songs that she knew and sat down for those that she didn't but was able to handle it. At 13 I took her to Audioslave and on 3/19/03 I officially created a concert monster! Since then we've probably gone to over 50 shows together and she's gone to a few without me. Tonight we'll be in Berkeley for Eddie. She's 18 and thinks that he speaks to her soul more than any other musician. Moral: take the kids to grandma's or a friends house. They'll have a lot more fun and so will you!
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'm a parent and I'm a pot smoker. I bring my kids (4 years old, 6 years old) with me all the time to shows, so they can get me a poster before the rush. I light up all the time around them and they don't complain. If they do, they can get the fuck out and make their own way home. If I ever catch them doing pot I'll fucking kill them, but it's ok for me.

In all seriousness...I don't see the point in bringing little kids to shows. It always just seems a little "pushy-parent" type thing to me. If my mother and father brought me to a Van Morrison concert (their equlivant of Pearl Jam) when I was 2, I would have probably cried to whole way through, because he's a boring sod to a 2 year old.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I think everyone has missed the point of why I started this thread. I've read through everyone's posts and some of you are way off topic. Many people have turned this into a debate on the rights of parents vs. the rights of potsmokers/drunks. Also, some of you have pointed out many times that doing drugs or smoking cigs at a show is illegal, which is true, but...

The point of this thread was to make it clear that these things go on at every show regardless that they're illegal. It doesn't matter whether you think people should be smoking in the building or not, it's going to happen! Everybody that's ever been to a rock show knows that security turns a blind eye to most of this stuff and as long as nobody is being physically injured, they really don't care much. Pot smoking and being drunk have been socially accepted as a norm in the environment of a rock show.

So, with that said, and with the knowledge that out of a 15 thousand capacity arena, at least 60% will be drunk and a good number high...why the fuck would you bring your 4 year old to an environment like that??? I'm not trying to tell anyone how to raise their kid, but it just seems really irresponsible to put a child in a situation where there is a good possibility that they'll be exposed to drugs and drunken idiots. Unless of course you use drugs around your kids and/or are a drunken idiot yourself then I guess the kid is used to it -_-
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    yield2me wrote:
    I think everyone has missed the point of why I started this thread. I've read through everyone's posts and some of you are way off topic. Many people have turned this into a debate on the rights of parents vs. the rights of potsmokers/drunks. Also, some of you have pointed out many times that doing drugs or smoking cigs at a show is illegal, which is true, but...

The point of this thread was to make it clear that these things go on at every show regardless that they're illegal. It doesn't matter whether you think people should be smoking in the building or not, it's going to happen! Everybody that's ever been to a rock show knows that security turns a blind eye to most of this stuff and as long as nobody is being physically injured, they really don't care much. Pot smoking and being drunk have been socially accepted as a norm in the environment of a rock show.

So, with that said, and with the knowledge that out of a 15 thousand capacity arena, at least 60% will be drunk and a good number high...why the fuck would you bring your 4 year old to an environment like that??? I'm not trying to tell anyone how to raise their kid, but it just seems really irresponsible to put a child in a situation where there is a good possibility that they'll be exposed to drugs and drunken idiots. Unless of course you use drugs around your kids and/or are a drunken idiot yourself then I guess the kid is used to it -_-

Kids are exposed to a whole lot of bs in my opinion by just watching TV these days. My son is 6 and I cannot wait til he gets a little older so he can experience PJ with me. If he sees people smoking reefer and asks about it, I will be as honest as I can with him and tell him that it's not a good thing. I am not gonna let a few stoners (not that there is anything wrong with that if done responsibly) spoil that for me or him. I feel like I am a strong enough parent to put him in that situation and let him experience PJ live at age 9 or 10 if they are still touring. I guarntee if he decides to try weed, it's not gonna be because he went to a PJ show with his dad at 9 or 10 years old. Just my opinion tho.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:

Fucking amen
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    Fucking amen
    Keep you kid out of school buddy because your stats are made up and unrealistic. School is where they learn drugs. Not rock concerts.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    I have taken my son to three shows (VFC boston 2004, boston 1 and 2 - 2006) over the past 4 years. This is in addition to a Green Day show at Gillete stadium. He is now 11 and has always had a great time. We have never had a problem, everyone has been very respectful but of couse there are people sparking up nearby, thats expected but if it's done in a manner where it's not right in our face it is not a problem. I have schooled him on the drug thing and he understands. He has always has an advanced level of matrurity unlike my other child. I encourage anyone who has kids to take them if they are interested and have the maturity level needed. Its a great experience for them.

I remember my first rock concert in 1981, AC/DC at Boston Garden. I will always remember that show, it was my introduction to live music and rock n roll. I think I was in the sixth grade at the time and i had an absolute blast.