EMO music is cool.....

Mr. FunkaliciousMr. Funkalicious Posts: 28
edited December 2006 in Other Music
IF you like to wear white belts and cry all the time!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cut My Wrists And Black My Eyesss

My Parents Dont Give A Shittt

Wwwahhhhhh
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    LMFAO!!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • ha this reminds me... i just found out some emo fucker at the high school i graduated from pulled a nasty prank the other day... put some of his emo spunk in the ranch dressing... you mightve seen it on the CBS EVENING NEWS... gooo falcons :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/

Dammit, you got to that one before me!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ha this reminds me... i just found out some emo fucker at the high school i graduated from pulled a nasty prank the other day... put some of his emo spunk in the ranch dressing... you mightve seen it on the CBS EVENING NEWS... gooo falcons :D
    eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww tell me this is not for real
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    IF you like to wear white belts and cry all the time!

don't forget the girl jeans

i blame all this on the cure. they sucked in the 80's, but for some reason chicks liked them. i think emo boys turned into pussies to emulate that robert what's-his-nuts in hopes of scoring with chicks

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Me an my6 brother chase Emos through shoping centres with two by fours :)
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • why is an emo concert safer then a rap concert......

.....because all the kids want to cut themselves and not you
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Because they stab themselves?
  • ummm ... cut ... they cut themselves
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today

HAHAAHAHAHAAA :D:D:D

i got nothing to add :o
    wah
  • You guys are all fucking idiots! Eddie and Kurt are the fathers of Emo. Personal sad lyrics. Maybe go back and listen to Ten. Black, Alive, Release.
    Nirvana's "You know your Right" when Kurt screams "Paaaaaiiiiinnnnnn."
    Haven't you seen videos of Ed crying on stage while singing? You're all fucking morons. If you think Emo is lame then thank PJ.
    "If you hate something...don't you do it too."
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    You guys are all fucking idiots! Eddie and Kurt are the fathers of Emo. Personal sad lyrics. Maybe go back and listen to Ten. Black, Alive, Release.
    Haven't you seen videos of Ed crying on stage while singing? You're all fucking morons. If you think Emo is lame then thank PJ.

the fathers of emo? maybe if your musical perspective starts in about 1990. ever heard of joy division? the smiths? bauhaus? the cure?

eddie and kurt? please....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    the fathers of emo? maybe if your musical perspective starts in about 1990. ever heard of joy division? the smiths? bauhaus? the cure?

No I agree with you. I didn't think the mind's of our knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, neanderthal comrades could grasp the concept of music history (as indicated by thier failure to accuratley trace the roots from 1991 to present). That is a good question though. And (like all things) I think you have to trace it back to Dylan (specifically "Bringing it All Back Home") I wasn't around then, but I'd assume that was the inception of a convergence between lamenting poetry, whiny vocal inflections and the perfect reconciliation between acoustic and electric gutiars?

If not Dylan then mabye The Velvet Underground's Warhol album? (Probably too late)
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    dangerboy wrote:

Oh crap ... I own albums by all of them!?!?!

Sci Fi writer William Gibson's first impression of a Walkman was walking around wiith Joy Division on it (it was Molly Hatchet for me... and Moving Pictures :-D) The two are intertwined permanently...

I've really enjoyed Peter Murphy over the years, but Love and Rockets was crap in concert. Two Cure songs are still in my iPod rotation, Fight Fight Fight and uh, huh, somethin else ... but yeah, ok, my wife was emo in the 80s.

Was at a Pych Furs NYE concert with her, in the second row, "rocking" and ringing in the new year, and I'm all "Hey! Yer getting some serious eye contact!"

And she's all, "uh no.... that'd be you...."
    [sic] happens
  • All Music is emotional.
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    The new fad of emo music is more about the image and the attitude and less about the music. Drawing comparisons from emo to PJ, Nirvana, Dylan and the Velvet Underground makes no sense. In general, all good music contains sad lyrics and emotional poetry. Basically, the only music that doesn't is rap. There is a fine line between the genre of pop punk (see Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eat World) and Emo (see Good Charlotte) I think that fine line is the clothes, makeup, attitude, and lifestyle. "Emo kids" tend to border on goth more than anything with their black makeup and whatever else they have. They spend most of their time feeling sorry for themselves. I don't think you can say the same thing about fans of PJ, Nirvana and Velvet Underground, or even Blink 182 and the like.
    My point is that, emotional lyrics, ballads and generally sad music is not the main influence on emo, or else we'd all be emo kids.
  • pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    PS. emo also tends to be really shitty.

"it tastes like a popsicle that's been shoved up somebody's ass" -Eddie
  • This whole emo thing is bullshit. Whether it's some confused young person who just goes and labels himself something, or some idiot who goes bashing something and a group of people he doesn't even understand. Fuck labels.
  • You guys are all fucking idiots! Eddie and Kurt are the fathers of Emo. Personal sad lyrics. Maybe go back and listen to Ten. Black, Alive, Release.

yeah but the actual music is so different. my chemical romance - dress all "hardcore" yet the music is so weak. i went to a bar in OKC and couldn't tell any difference in the sound of any bands. very corny sounding, don't know quite how to describe it. definately not hardrock or what i would call "emotional" (i.e. PJ's black). closest to pop-punk of the late 90s, which is total crap.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown

DAMN YOU!! i saw this thread and that's what i wanted to post! shoe gazer.
  • dangerboy wrote:

yeah, EddieisfromEvanston. that post just makes you look like the fucking idiot. its okay though, its friday and im in love.
  • the term "emo" is dervied from "emocore" which was one of the terms used to describe and usher in what we would consider modern "emo". minor threat was the first band to be called this.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    dangerboy wrote:
    don't forget the girl jeans

i blame all this on the cure. they sucked in the 80's, but for some reason chicks liked them. i think emo boys turned into pussies to emulate that robert what's-his-nuts in hopes of scoring with chicks
    I'm a chick, and I just want to go on record saying that in the 80s I hated The Cure. I still hate The Cure. I will always hate The Cure. I hate Robert what's-his-nuts. Whiny boys are not interesting.

That's all, carry on.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    hippiemom wrote:
    I'm a chick, and I just want to go on record saying that in the 80s I hated The Smiths. I still hate The Smiths. I hate Robert what's-his-nuts. Whiny boys are not interesting.

That's all, carry on.

Hmm. Are you sure you don't mean The Cure? Robert Smith sang for The Cure. They're still around actually and still good.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    Hmm. Are you sure you don't mean The Cure? Robert Smith sang for The Cure. They're still around actually and still good.
    Yeah, I did mean The Cure. I edited, but not before you could quote it. This is what comes of posting under the influence :o

But I don't like The Smiths either, so it's ok.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    hippiemom wrote:
    Yeah, I did mean The Cure. I edited, but not before you could quote it. This is what comes of posting under the influence :o

But I don't like The Smiths either, so it's ok.

Robert Smith is 45 years old now, still wears lipstick and still sounds awesome. What I don't like about these "Emo" bands is that basically they are trying to copy something which was already done in the 1980s and doing a shitty job of it.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    Robert Smith is 45 years old now, still wears lipstick and still sounds awesome. What I don't like about these "Emo" bands is that basically they are trying to copy something which was already done in the 1980s and doing a shitty job of it.
    My daughter likes them ... I don't know where I went wrong, I TRIED to raise her properly. She's a PJ fan, so I didn't go entirely astray, but sheesh! I dunno ... I know a lot of people who love them, it's just not my thing.

I can see why emo kids want to slit their wrists though. If I had to listen to that for any length of time, I'm sure I'd slit mine.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hippiemom wrote:
    My daughter likes them ... I don't know where I went wrong, I TRIED to raise her properly. She's a PJ fan, so I didn't go entirely astray, but sheesh! I dunno ... I know a lot of people who love them, it's just not my thing.

I can see why emo kids want to slit their wrists though. If I had to listen to that for any length of time, I'm sure I'd slit mine.
    I'm so glad that someone mentioned the Cure as EMO. I saw the title of the thread and thought that Emo Phillips started a music career.:)