Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

My first post and it is only right to do it in a Stoney thread. I am a fellow SGFC member. Meddledeal, I talked to you at Stones solo show, for a minute. The Gorge was great, my first time there!! Stones side 19th row. The only bad thing was there were two guys in front of me tall and big like trees. I have been reading this thread since it started and finally had to show my appreciation for the MAN.

Robin
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Nibor wrote:
    Hello,

My first post and it is only right to do it in a Stoney thread. I am a fellow SGFC member. Meddledeal, I talked to you at Stones solo show, for a minute. The Gorge was great, my first time there!! Stones side 19th row. The only bad thing was there were two guys in front of me tall and big like trees. I have been reading this thread since it started and finally had to show my appreciation for the MAN.

Robin
    What an AWESOME first post! Be sure to post more!!! And WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! :D:D:D

*gives more Stoney love to this thread* :D:D:D
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Nibor wrote:
    Hello,

Robin

AW I KNOW! WHat a GREAT first post! THIS is where you chose to come?! I love it! :D Welcome Robin. Ooooh man I was at that show with Meddledeal...we were actually just listening to BAYLEAF today and reminiscing about the solo show. Can you believe all the goodness we got from the mighty man?!? :o ANCHORS?!? BAYLEAF?! FITS?!!? THIN fuckiN AIR?! :o I still can't get over that shit. Inches away from the mighty talent himself...singing along to every word...even overpowering him at times. :eek: haha. THE PIMP! THE GROOVE MASTER! Wow! What a show! Well worth the 13 hour car ride. :p

Anyways, again..>WELCOME! Love that your first post was one of *~*STONEY LOVE*~*! :)

And YAY Cateeto...spread it nice & thick! :DDid he really sing last night?!?! *slaps self* Dear god! Jealously is a nasty thing but DAMN YOU OTTAWA!!!!!! I just keep telling myself over and OVER "atleast I got the PREMIRE of PLAID damnit!" haha. Right??

*Livin' on Prayer comes in*

"We gotta hooooooold on, to what we got"

Uh oh Meddle! :eek: hah. I had to. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Finally we get Don't Gimme No Lip and just how amazing is the guy? More amazing than I can possibly put into words. If ever my love for this guy wanes, not that it will you understand, somebody should just remind me of this boot and THAT song.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    BUMP this thread...VEDHEAD27 and I are listening to Bayleaf, and we TOTALLY dig this song!!

PIGEON

there goes my love, there goes her heart
    and that's not the last of it, or the worst part
    there goes my eves, down my downspout
    there goes my car, and my house
    cuz i'm out of here
    cuz i'm out
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping around
    i'm not through sleeping
    there goes the pop, there goes my ears
    and i've been around so long, just not here
    there goes the wings, of my grey dove
    there goes the world, i've been of
    cuz i'm out of here
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping
    it's not the way that it seems
    but yeah i know that i like it
    inside this mixed up dream
    yeah i know that i like it
    knock off the shirt, knock off the gloves
    knock off the price, of my love
    knock off this deer, in my headlights
    knock off my seed, and my wife
    cuz i'm out of here
    cuz i'm out
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping
    i'm not through sleeping...

I'm thinking this is still my favorite Bayleaf song...

Thanks for posting Nadia!
    The Elle Woods of public accounting.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Nibor wrote:
    Hello,

Robin

OMG!! You are SO cool!!! I remember talking to you at the show. You are Amy's former roommate:) That solo show was AMAZING!!! Girl, you were ALSO on Stone's side at the Gorge?! that is TOO cool! I was 11th row on his side as well, and I feel you on the tall guys in front of you, I had that experience practically at EVERY single show I go to :p

Thanks for responding to this thread and to make this your FIRST post...that truly ROCKS!! Hope to see you more Robin and keep the Stoney love going :D
    Cateeto wrote:
    *gives more Stoney love to this thread*

Awww thanks Kate!! Don't be afraid to give MORE love to this roboduck :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    MeddleDeal wrote:

Awww thanks Kate!! Don't be afraid to give MORE love to this roboduck :D
    HAHAHAHA! Roboduck! :D That is awesome :p
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *Livin' on Prayer comes in*

"We gotta hooooooold on, to what we got"

Uh oh Meddle! :eek: hah. I had to. ;)

:o:p WHAT?! hahahaha. Well, I didn't get to experience ANYTHING out of the ordinary w/Stoney, just that we DID look at us at Vancouver..it seems that it ALWAYS happens whenever the GLITTER TWINS are together...we make SHIT happen!! :D

-MSG I and II shows (2003)
    -Stone Solo show (2004)
    -Vancouver (2005)

We got noticed by the roboduck! :D

Krista, NO problem girl...I LOVE that song too, and I am glad that you got to hear Shame On You, such a great song. There is another song, I think it is called "Can't Stop" I used to have it on my old computer, but it crashed. It was actually on the Japanese import of Bayleaf. Very Beatlesque, and an adorable love song:)

hehe. Kate, you know that word is going to be used by many people, 'roboduck that is Mr. Stoney G!'
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Aww...this is so cool! It seems like we all took a little break from the board (well at least I did anyway) and now we're all back here again for the new tour! :) Awesome!
    The Elle Woods of public accounting.
  • Options
    Yep it sure does girl...now if we can make this thread up to 500 replies, to let EVERY Jammer know that there are TWO guitarists in PJ!!

:D:D:D

Stoney can SHRED on that guitar during Not For You, we need more STONEY cheers!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Stoney Pony in the hizzhouse
    Actually I was with Amy's former roommate at Stone's show. I did meet Amy at the 2nd convergence thingy. It's fun to read the posts and how well everyone knows each other. I hope to meet some people at upcoming concerts, whenever they are. I am still trying to figure out how to use the smilie things.

Robin
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    <3 for stone and his new beard, i think he looks so great now heck all the guys look amazing now i think even better than they did 15 years ago.

<3 dee
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    peachykeen wrote:
    <3 for stone and his new beard, i think he looks so great now heck all the guys look amazing now i think even better than they did 15 years ago.

<3 dee

AMEN(T) to that Dee!! :D:D :cool:

I think everyone would agree w/you on that one...I know VEDHEAD and I are like, "pfft, 40 my ASS!!" haha :p How do you get BETTER w/age man?! it is like fine wine, you get better w/age, and that is how these guys are...it is weird but cool!! :D

oops. Sorry Robin, but I DO remember talking w/you...what a fun show and glad to see you on the boards :) Let's keep the Stoney LOVE ALIVE!! :cool:

Krista, it is also good to see you back...we missed our little Stoney girl:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    AliAli Posts: 2,621
    dID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT STONE WAS THE FIRST EVER TO FALL OFF STAGE AT A PERFORMANCE AND HE ACTUALLY BEAT vINCE nEAL TO IT?

tHE ONLY THING IS THAT STONEY NEVER BROKE A LIMB.

WHATTA MAN:)

:D
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    Ali wrote:
    dID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT STONE WAS THE FIRST EVER TO FALL OFF STAGE AT A PERFORMANCE AND HE ACTUALLY BEAT vINCE nEAL TO IT?

tHE ONLY THING IS THAT STONEY NEVER BROKE A LIMB.

WHATTA MAN:)

:D

When was this?! I would like to hear more about this :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Stone!!!!!!!!!!ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    we just found this and thought it was cute...ENJOY guys!! :D
    ~*~*~

Echo of Stone Gossard Interview on December 14, 1997
    with Richard Kingsmill of Triple J Radio in Australia.
    Transcription Credit: Kerryn Sues (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:angel@c130.aone.net.au">angel@c130.aone.net.au</a><!-- e -->)

Richard: Well, this week I got to speak with Stone Gossard, guitarist with Pearl Jam, also guitarist with Brad and both Brad and Pearl Jam are coming out to tour Australia early on in the new year. And the first thing I asked Stone was basically how his year has been.
    Stone: Aah, 1997 is pretty good. I'm having a very good time. Did some really fun Brad touring and made a PJ record that I'm really psyched about. And um, just gonna close it up by going over and spending some time in Australia, so I'm excited about that.
    R: Yeah, I know. You're coming back to Australia. We'll talk a little bit about the forthcoming PJ tour, but of course Brad's coming out in January. You must be excited about also touring with Ben Harper too.
    Stone: Which is a TOTAL treat. I mean, we couldn't have picked a better situation for us to come over there for our first time, you know. To open up for Ben Harper and we're gonna play for him, you know. I think we're gonna play for 40 minutes or an hour or something so we'll be able to play all the songs and, you know, it's gonna be great. Gonna see Ben Harper every night. He's a sweetheart. Him and his band are great. And we're psyched!
    R: Yeah, you must be very pleased also with the news, or maybe you haven't heard that the tickets have been selling like hotcakes too.
    Stone: Oh good, I didn't know that.
    R: Yeah, shows have sold out in Sydney, extra shows added in Melbourne, so it's doing well.
    Stone: Great!
    R: Now, the Brad shows that you did earlier this year as well...is that right that they were the first shows that the band has ever done on stage?
    Stone: Yeah, we just...we started touring in July...we did a month in July I think and then a month in September and those are the first dates we've ever done, so you'll get a relatively seasoned Brad at this point. But, it's been great. We've been having a great time. And it's been very fun playing.
    R: Yeah, obviously you didn't tour when the first album came out a few years ago back in 1993. You didn't tour then.
    Stone: No.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    R: Was there many nerves happening backstage before that very first performance?
    Stone: Aah, no. I think we all had enough to drink where we didn't care any more.
    R: [laughs]
    Stone: I was just joking people!
    R: Yes, of course.
    Stone: Don't overdrink - it's horrible.
    R: [laughs] Have you ever gone on stage completely drunk where you just haven't known what you're doing?
    Stone: ...aaah...you know...I don't think I've ever been so drunk that I didn't know what I was doing, but I've been so drunk that I knew I was sucking.
    R: Bad feeling?
    Stone: Ah, yeah. It's not good. You don't wanna cross the line. You kinda just, you know, if you have a nice buzz going on stage, it's kinda fun. You can have a good time playing rock music doing that. But you cross that line and suddenly you're feeling like a jerk.
    R: Yeah, totally, and then everyone's looking at you and everyone's hearing it and you're not the only one in the room who knows it sucks.
    Stone: But then again, it makes for a great story, so later on, you know, maybe you'll be able to write a 'chapter' in your new book, or....no that's a horrible thought. I retract that statement.
    [Track - "Lift" from Brad played]
    R: What about the difference between getting up on stage with a band like PJ and getting up on stage with a band like Brad. Do you feel like different guitarists on stage?
    Stone: Ah, well my role in Brad is definitely different which is very natural to happen just because any time you play with different people, you're just gonna find a different like zone to kinda...your instrument will just fit into a different zone...so yeah, it's different and...it's exciting, both things. I mean anytime you're playing in front of people - I don't care if you're playing in front of 10 people or you know, if you're going out to do a show that you're putting on for somebody, you just, you get into that state of mind...you know...of what have I gotta do and you get nervous and you have to, you know, you kinda go through a normal process and, it's pretty much the same.
    R: Oh, OK, so you couldn't say that you preferred one over the other or one was radically different to the other?
    Stone: Even if I could, I wouldn't.
    R: [laughs] Of course, you wouldn't. Of course you wouldn't. You have to be diplomatic now, don't you?
    Stone: Yeah, that's my role.
    R: Are the people in Brad very different from, personality-wise as well, are they very different from the people in PJ?
    Stone: Well, yeah. I mean...yeah. All the monkeys have a different personality and I have a great time hanging out with all of them you know. It's a different thing. PJ is like... it's like a very old, old, dear friend and it's great to hang out and it's always a good feeling to see someone that you haven't seen in a while. And...with Brad there's elements of that, but it's also a fresher kind of, ah, pot. So there's great things in both situations to be experienced for sure.
    R: OK, tell us a little bit about the singer in Brad, Shawn Smith. What sort of character is he?
    Stone: Ah, Shawn Smith is just a very sweet and soft spoken guy. He's very funny and he's just a great songwriter. And I've known Shawn now for about 10 years and he just keeps writing better and better songs and I think he's really found his own voice and he doesn't sound like anyone to me in popular music today.
    R: Yeah, it's some voice he's got, isn't it?
    Stone: Yeah, very good.
    R: You just said that there's no one that you can compare him to. It's funny - I was listening to the last track off the album, Those Three Words and...it's Ben Harper! If you can compare him to anyone, it's Ben Harper!
    Stone: Well, that's good. I mean and there's naturally people that are gonna want to compare him to, you know, whether it's Stevie Wonder, or whoever, you know, that will naturally, you know, he kinda sounds like this on this song, or whatever, but in general his influences are far wide enough that it's not just a one dimensional kind of thing. You can tell it's his own thing. You know, with relative influence by, you know, other styles and artists.
    [Track - "Those Three Words" from Brad]
    R: He doesn't look like he'd have the voice that he has either. I haven't seen him in the flesh, but you know, just looking at photos of him. He doesn't look like the sort of person who'd have such a sweet voice.
    Stone: Yeah, it's bizarre. You just gotta see him live and it'll all make sense to you though.
    R: I know he's softly spoken. They sorta said 'Shawn doesn't do very many interviews because he's not a big talker.' Why is it that so many singers in music aren't great talkers, yet when they get up on stage, or you know, when they create lyrics the communication factor is all there?
    Stone: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe you only get one form of communication.
    Stone: And for me, I can't sing but I give great interviews.
    R: [laughing] Yeah, every time we interview you Stone, it's just like 'god I wish he was a singer in the band. This would be such a great interview.'
    Stone: He's just a damn rhythm guitar player.
    R: He's just the guitarist in the band dammit. Hmmm, anyway, so you must be pretty pleased with the way the album came out - Interiors. It's such a great record and it sounds like the live shows have been good too.
    Stone: Yeah, we've had a great time and we're psyched about our record and...you know, psyched about maybe even making another one some time. Not even too far away, so ah, it's a fun thing to be involved in. For me, for sure.
    R: OK, well don't leave it another 4 years before you make album number 3 then.
    Stone: No, I don't think it'll be that long.
    R: Alright, well we look forward to seeing you in January with Brad. Are you gonna hang around for the time between Brad and PJ?
    Stone: I actually have to go home and rehearse, so uh, and we've got a show in Hawaii so I'll be going back to the States and then coming back again. I'll probably be coming back just about the time I get off Australia time again.
    R: Yes, of course.
    Stone: It's gonna be a very interesting coupla months for me in terms of my sleep schedule.
    R: Yeah, and the guys at Customs will be looking at you going 'Hang on a second...'
    Stone: Yeah, 'I saw you a while ago. Are you trying to transport anything in your anus?'

R: [laughing] 'What are you doing back in the country so soon?' ...Ah, you guys have already played a few shows as Pearl Jam for the new album.
    Stone: Yeah, yeah, we just played some shows with the Rolling Stones.
    R: Wow!
    Stone: Yeah!
    R: How was that?
    Stone: It was just incredibly exciting. I don't know if you would think that or not and I didn't know that I was gonna think that until we actually did it and we just had a blast, so it was very good.
    R: What sort of venues?
    Stone: Ah, we played the Oakland Coliseum - 4 nights. You know, like 50,000 people or something.
    R: Jesus, that's huge!
    Stone: Yeah, it's actually a really beautiful stadium because it's a baseball stadium, so the stands are pretty close to the stage. It's not like you're 2 miles away if you're in the stands and they let us use their big old screens and so we got projected onto the screens. We just had a great time, you know. One night it just poured down rain and we were just dancing around in our raincoats and playing music and it was very fun.
    R: Was everyone in the band excited about playing with the Stones as well?
    Stone: I think everyone was excited and I think everyone kinda went into it thinking we don't really know what's gonna happen but we decided collectively that it would be fun to take a stab at playing with the Stones, opening up for them, just to say that we did. And you know, they paid us well and it was good you know, it was a fun experiment and it paid off because 1) we got to rehearse and kinda get our new songs worked up so we didn't have to do that all right before we went to Australia where there'd be much more pressure. So we kinda got a handle on the songs and 2) it was just a good excuse to get together and do something for fun.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    R: Getting your songs together though on stage in front of 50,000 Rolling Stones fans doesn't sound like an easy task.
    Stone: Well, you know, we only played 2 or 3 new songs a night, so it was important for us to at least have that time to get some new songs together and also rehearse the old ones and make sure we still knew how to play. That way we only have to rehearse for another 8 or 10 days or something, next time we go out and we should be relatively tight. It's only Australia. They don't care though, too much.
    R: No, you know, tours always start in Australia because they go 'ah look, we can just rehearse onstage down in Australia.'
    Stone: We can muff it up.
    R: Yeah, totally. We always get the raw end. We either get the band right at the beginning of the tour when they wanna work out the stuff or right at the very end when they're completely exhausted and over it.
    Stone: Yeah, it's like it doesn't matter. It's like we're not doing an encore tonight. You'll have NO encore. How's that?
    R: Yeah, thanks for your bucks. See ya. We're outta here. Ah, did you get to meet Keith or Mick or any of the guys?
    Stone: Oh yeah! We got to hang out with Mick a bit and Charlie Watts who is just, I mean, both of them are sweet, but you know meeting Charlie Watts and having him be as funny and as down to earth as he was was just a thrill. And Mick and I think Ed got to hang out a bit with Ron Wood and so it was really pretty exciting stuff. You kinda think that's no big deal but then you think, god that's kind of exciting.
    R: Oh god, I can imagine for a guitarist as well, just meeting Keith Richards.
    Stone: Sure.
    R: What a thrill.
    Stone: For me, he even ignored me which is even, you know, I love people who play hard to get, so I love him even more now.
    R: [laughs] He lived up to expectations or beyond it.
    Stone: Yeah.
    R: Why do they keep going? Did you get any insights there? Why are they still doing what they're doing?
    Stone: Man, I don't know. They look like they're having a good time. I think they're making a shitload of cash and I thing they really love to play music still. Although I don't think they need to go our on such long tours. I think they're gonna burn themselves out that way. But Ed was telling me that when he hung out with...you know...one night that they all had their record collections out and Keith was playing him all these old blues tracks. You know, he's excited about music. He loves music. He loves to play. He's a natural treasure for England for sure. I don't know if I condone, like, [laughs] he probably has a diet that I wouldn't necessarily recommend, but um, in general he's looking great. He's a great guitar player and everything I've heard about him is that he's as sharp as a pistol too. I think there's a lot of talk about how he's burnt out, but he's not. I don't see that.
    R: Yeah, it's a bit funny. Talking about the Rolling Stones burning out after 30 plus years or something..
    Stone: Yeah and they rock! Totally! You know.
    R: Keith came in here, I didn't, ah, get to interview him unfortunately but he came in here and he brought in...I didn't see it myself, but there was a little esky brought in by the record company which had vodka in there. This is like 4 o'clock in the afternoon!
    Stone: Sure.
    R: Had the vodka in there and...I don't know how he keeps it together.
    Stone: Bacon sandwiches too man....every day.
    R: Bacon sandwiches?!
    Stone: Bacon sandwiches. He's got a cement colon. Or Iron. It must be iron.
    R: Yeah, a constitution like steel they say. Ah, OK.
    Stone: His latest quote was that the biggest problem in America is their hypochondria. So, I think he's pretty much got the whole mental...my mental health is...he's got that figured out.
    R: Yeah, it's all mind over matter. If you believe that, yeah. I've heard that one before.
    Stone: Yeah. [laughs] Right before somebody croaks it!
    R: Yeah, exactly. It's all mind over matter.
    Stone: One more bacon sandwich!
    Stone: That's it! That's all I want!
    R: OK, and quickly Stone, let's talk about the PJ album, I believe it's called "Yield".
    R: Okay....
    Stone: [laughing] alright then...
    R: Is "Yield" a track off the album or is "Yield" an inspired title for it?
    Stone: Ah, well I don't know whether it's either really. It's just THE title for it.
    R: [pause] That's a good answer, Stone.
    R: [laughs] Thanks for that! Is Eddie there? Can I speak to the singer now?
    Stone: [laughing] Yeah, he's right behind me. I'm gonna have you over to him.
    R: [laughing still]
    Stone: [hushed voice] ah, hello....hey, this is Eddie. [laughs] ....yeah, I gotta go. Okay, that was him.
    R: Yeah, great to speak to you Eddie, thanks for that. OK, so "Yield" is the exciting new title for the PJ album. Build it up for us a bit more now Stone in terms of what we can expect from it.
    Stone: Well, it's got a lot of new, great songs on it and ah, if you like that old PJ feeling, I'm sure you'll love this one.
    R: Oh really, it's just more of the same is it?
    Stone: We're just cranking out the same old regurgitated songs once again...it's probably the best record we've made in a while. I think that everyone had a big, B influence into the songwriting. I definitely wrote a bunch of songs on it and Jeff and Mike wrote a couple of really killer songs and it's a really good band album. And it sounds really good. And we had a great time making it. And...I think that if you're a PJ fan, you're gonna be excited about it and if you're not, you probably won't be.
    R: You're not gonna get turned on at this late stage?
    Stone: Probably not! You never know, I mean...nah we have a coupla experiments on it, but for the most part, it's pretty straight ahead.

R: Hmmm. I've heard, ah well, I've heard as much as I can hear off the internet of Given To Fly which is the single out real soon. Did you guys leak that to the internet?
    Stone: No, I don't know who did that.
    R: Does that sort of stuff shit you off?
    ["Given to Fly" in background (very very faintly)]
    Stone: Ah, it doesn't really matter...I mean, I'm flattered that somebody cares enough to put it on the internet. I think it bugs the record company because they're trying to have all their eggs in a row or their ducks in a basket or whatever the cliche is that you use. But, yeah, in terms of their marketing strategy for some reason, I don't think they want it all to get out all over the place before they really start going for it as a single, but...I don't really understand any of all that.
    R: Even through all the digital crap, and trying to hear it through internet speakers, it still sounds like a great song, Given To Fly.
    Stone: Yeah, it's a good one. I think people will like it a lot. It's very straight ahead and it's a beautiful lyric on it and...Mike McCready wrote it, and...Ed wrote the lyrics and...it's a nice story.
    R: Yeah, I was listening to it as well, and it's funny isn't it...that you get to work with 2 great singers. Why are you so lucky Stone? Why do you get to work with 2 great singers?
    Stone: I'm not gonna talk about it too much in case...I don't wanna hex myself. I don't know how that works out. Cause there's a lot of people that never get a chance to work with any great singers. [laughs]
    R: Exactly. They're great players, they just don't find the right singer.
    Stone: Yup.
    R: And you've found, you know, 2 of the finest around at the moment. So you've done well.
    Stone: Thank you very much.
    R: Alright, well look, the tickets as I said for Brad are selling quick smart, but you must've heard about the PJ tickets just completely selling out so quickly?
    Stone: Yeah, that's really exciting too. PJ loves Australia. That's our new mantra.
    R: Except you don't love Perth! You're not going there and there's quite a lot of upset Perth fans!
    Stone: Is there a stink about it?
    R: Oh yeah. There's petitions going around record stores. There's a lot of activity happening.
    Stone: Man, that sucks. Ah, you know, I don't know what to say to that. I wish that we were going. I wish we could go everywhere in the world that we wanted to go, but at some point we make decisions about when we get back to the States and get ready to do our 2 months in the States, and you know, PJ aren't the biggest touring band of all, you know, we're not gonna stay out there for a year, so I apologise to the people in Perth and... next time we'll make it there. I promise.
    R: Yeah, well...they're a bit suss because you made it there last time. And then they go 'what happened? Didn't they like Perth last time they were here? They're not coming back!' Alright...
    Stone: Oh man...OK, sorry about that Perth, I do apologise.
    R: OK, well, it's a long way for them to travel so they can't really just get on a bus and go to Adelaide and see the show, so I don't know what they're gonna do. But anyway...
    Stone: I think we'll probably do some radio thing over there, so...I would imagine we'll probably do some kind of radio broadcast.
    R: OK, well, look...expect a....that's really gonna satisfy...
    Stone: [laughing] I don't need you stirring up the Perthians!!
    R: [laughing] Well, I spoke to a couple of them last week who were getting the petitions together and they're gonna send them over to you. I think you're gonna get thousands of signatures. But anyway...
    Stone: OK, maybe we'll figure it out.
    R: I'm just preparing you for it, Stone.
    Stone: Thank you very much.
    R: We look forward to seeing you back in Australia real soon. So thanks for that Stone.
    Stone: Nice to talk to you.
    R: OK. Bye bye.
    Stone: Bye bye.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMP cuze, well....HOW COOL IS THIS GUY?!?!!

http://pearljam.com/images/live/edmonton5.jpg

????

:D:D:D

PIMP ON mighty SG!

*~*spread the STONEY love nice & thick*~*

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Some love for Stone from NJ.
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule wrote:
    Some love for Stone from NJ.

YEA!! someone from NJ giving love to Stone!! :D

Lydi, nice pic!! LOOKIN' GOOD Stoney Boy:cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMPITY BUMP BUMP for STONEY!!! :D:D:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    YEA!! someone from NJ giving love to Stone!! :D

Lydi, nice pic!! LOOKIN' GOOD Stoney Boy:cool:

Make it 2 from NJ giving Stone some love!!!! Who's going to the Borgata?

Izzy :D
  • Options
    NJPJFreak wrote:
    Make it 2 from NJ giving Stone some love!!!! Who's going to the Borgata?

Izzy :D

Hey IZZY!! I was wondering where you were at?! We missed u here on the boards:(

It was AWESOME meeting u at Bridge School 2003...the image that always comes up when I think of you is when you were holding 2 beers in your hands haha :p Good TIMES!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Hey IZZY!! I was wondering where you were at?! We missed u here on the boards:(

It was AWESOME meeting u at Bridge School 2003...the image that always comes up when I think of you is when you were holding 2 beers in your hands haha :p Good TIMES!! :D

Thank You Thank You (The Beer Queen) --- I heard you were at the Gorge & I'm sorry we didn't meet up, but there's always next year. PM me your email address so I can send you some pictures from the Gorge if you want.
  • Options
    I'll catch-up with you ponies later -- I got a new Tattoo yesterday and I have to go clean it before I go to bed.

Love to all the Ponies, Izzy :D
  • Options
    NJPJFreak wrote:
    Thank You Thank You (The Beer Queen) --- I heard you were at the Gorge & I'm sorry we didn't meet up, but there's always next year. PM me your email address so I can send you some pictures from the Gorge if you want.

OMG!! IZZY! I had NO idea you were at the Gorge?! :eek: Oh boo!! If I would have known, I could have met up w/you there...awww, oh well, there is always next time:)

I'll send u a PM girl!! Have fun and don't be a stranger around here, okay?!;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    Here from Uruguay giving my love to Stone, he´s so me...i love him!
    I hope he sings in Argentinian shows!
  • Options
    Aww that is TOO cute zants! I hope he sings for you too!! :D

Whoa IZZY!? :eek:

*waves*

Horray, a STONEY PONY reunion. haha. Awesome!!

"Lo√e, you know the word