Options

Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    The think the correct term for Stone is "The Shiz niz"?
    I'm not up on street slang or whatever you crazy kids call it these days.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    :eek:

ahahaha!!!! :D

It's ACTUALLY Stone is the "Shiznit-o-bam-snip-snap-sack!!" :D:p

Close though. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

ahahaha!!!! :D

It's ACTUALLY Stone is the "Shiznit-o-bam-snip-snap-sack!!" :D:p

Close though. ;)
    I'll have to remember that.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    Personally I dont think I would be as into Pearl Jam if it wasnt for Stone. I've always seen him as the staple that totally brings the band together.

AWWW that is one of the COOLEST comments EVER in this thread!! :cool:

YOU ROCK in my book too!! :D:D:D

"Stoney Boy!" <~~~As Andy would call him :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Stoney fans show your LOVE! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Aren't you surprised to see me? I'm sure surprised it was YOU that bumped this. :p

YAY STOOOOOONE!!!!

Ok, just when I thought there was absolutely NO way this man could possibly look cooler, this picture happened....

http://photos.manicnirvana.com/katrina100505/guitareddie

:eek: :eek: :eek:

HOLY ASS!!!! Side by Side with PLANT?!?! AHHHH!!! *dies*

His coolness just got taken to an even greater level.,..and here I thought it was already at an all time high. Damn this band ALWAYS does that I swear!!! :D

(*STONE ROCKS MY WORLD*)
    The groove of Pearl Jam
    1 of the 2 founding fathers
    The renaissance man
    The dancing machine
    Mr. Cool
    The P-L-A-I-D master
    The musical PIMP
    The non-stop talent
    The one that likes to "keep em guessin"
    The duck
    The riff-meister
    Just....
    THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

:D

**SPREAD THE STONEY LOVE**

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Ok, just when I thought there was absolutely NO way this man could possibly look cooler, this picture happened....

http://photos.manicnirvana.com/katrina100505/guitareddie

God damn, that IS one fine shot. LOL @ "holy ass", too. :D

All hail the Duckmeister!!! Plaid sportin mofo doesn't care what ANYONE thinks, and that's just fine by me.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Mommy/sissy bear!! :D YAY you came here to give STONEY love..just when I thought YOU couldn't get any cooler as well. ;)

haha...HOLY ASS...I mean REALLY THOUGH!!!@?#@!# :eek: I don't even have any kind of sensible response to all that. WOOOOOOW!

idratherbe wrote:
    Plaid sportin mofo doesn't care what ANYONE thinks, and that's just fine by me.

~peace~

AMEN!! I'm tellin you, "because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extemely great" <~~~~ :D

Stone does not give a FUCK! Hey, he'll ever sport a purse too....

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/stone_bridge.jpg

????????????

He just doesn't even care!!! One of the MANY reasons he ROCKS our world! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Stone does not give a FUCK! Hey, he'll ever sport a purse too....

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/stone_bridge.jpg

????????????

He just doesn't even care!!! One of the MANY reasons he ROCKS our world! :D

Love right back atcha sweet girl! :)

...and you just KNOW he's got some killer in that man-purse. Fuck yeah.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    kasiekasie Posts: 26
    i'll show stone some love...he is def. growing on me...met him a few years back...he was so friendly and cordial...anyway i think that nerdy lookin guys have some serious sex appeal...

p.s. and i love thin air...i dont care what anybody else says
  • Options
    Aww so much love happening in this love thread. :) "Some killer in that man-purse"?? LMAO!!!!! So that's the secret to his chilled out groove? ;)

YAY kasie stopped by too! Awesome. :D Whoa you met the mighty duck?? :eek: I had no idea. How in the?? And whooooa, you said he was friendly??? YES!!! You'd be surprised how many times I've heard otherwise. :rolleyes: Whatev...everyone has there days...I KNOW Stone is way cool and it's great to hear your awesome meeting confirm that. Did you get any pics?? :D

Ummmm, and yeah....completely agree about that there sex appeal. ;)

*licks lips*
    *waits for Meddledeal to purr*

Also agree about THIN AIR. By far one of my favs from him/this band. :o It never fails to floor me. The fact that not only a MAN wrote those words but little Stoney?? Sooo beautiful. As I always say, he definitely reached my heart and then some with that song. Apparently it's about "new love" and I swear it always captures that feeling time and time again each time I hear it!!! :o Who in the hell could possibly talk trash about that gorgeous ass song???

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Aww so much love happening in this love thread. :) "Some killer in that man-purse"?? LMAO!!!!! So that's the secret to his chilled out groove? ;)

YAY kasie stopped by too! Awesome. :D Whoa you met the mighty duck?? :eek: I had no idea. How in the?? And whooooa, you said he was friendly??? YES!!! You'd be surprised how many times I've heard otherwise. :rolleyes: Whatev...everyone has there days...I KNOW Stone is way cool and it's great to hear your awesome meeting confirm that. Did you get any pics?? :D

Ummmm, and yeah....completely agree about that there sex appeal. ;)

*licks lips*
    *waits for Meddledeal to purr*

Also agree about THIN AIR. By far one of my favs from him/this band. :o It never fails to floor me. The fact that not only a MAN wrote those words but little Stoney?? Sooo beautiful. As I always say, he definitely reached my heart and then some with that song. Apparently it's about "new love" and I swear it always captures that feeling time and time again each time I hear it!!! :o Who in the hell could possibly talk trash about that gorgeous ass song???

oh yes!!

GRRRRRRRRR *like a kittie or Conan for that matter* :D

I LOVE that song too, and to anyone who trashes it, is STUPID!

<--watching Hard to Imagine video from the Gorge :) soooo beautiful!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    kasiekasie Posts: 26
    My best friend's bro lives in Seattle....we went to some party (maybe Tower records...I cant remember) for a Brad performance...met him in the street with Mike. Mike talked to us a little more...but Stone was cool...just kinda quiet...but seemed happy to be there. It was a BEAUTIFUL day in BEAUTIFUL Seattle.
  • Options
    That is SO awesome kasie! :D:o

<~~~ listening to CALGARY!! DTE

"admire me, admire my home, admire my son" ED LOOKS AT {{STONE}} SIGN!!! "admire STONE"

AHHHH!! A----Woooohoooo!

STONEY LOVE ....it's driving me mad it's making me CRAAAZY! :D;) hehe.

Stoney was so completely on fire at this show too....he was dancing into oblivion and tearing that guitar up...even got on his knees during a few songs. People all around me were turning to each other saying "HOLY SHIT STONE IS ON FIRE" :D Said it once before and I'll say it again, it was soooo great to finally see HIM giving people that reaction for a change. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    the second encore in philly...stone was fucking ON.... DTE, sonic reducer, RITFW.... holy shit... no gimme no lip or mankind, but one hell of an ending for stone...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    love him. he is awesome. such a cool presence onstage...
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • Options
    cool? maybe avuncular, maybe sketchy, maybe great grooves, but cool is a stretch... but that's why he's the best
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Cheers to Stone. I have been an this renewed Binauaral trip lately and I never realized how much I like Stone's songs!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    the second encore in philly...stone was fucking ON.... DTE, sonic reducer, RITFW.... holy shit... no gimme no lip or mankind, but one hell of an ending for stone...

WOOOHOOO!! Right on likepilateihaveadog. :D I heard that too. Man he is just ON IT this time around. I heard he was also bashin the heck outta that tambourine during MOTHER with S~K too. haha. What a superstar. :cool:

YAY ad_rock & corduroykitty! I'm just lovin this love. :D

LOL @ likepilateihaveadog. ha! Why do I just have this picture in my head of him "tossing" pics? :eek: Aww poor Stoney. The most "uncool" moments ever. hehe. While Mikey throws those suckers like it ain't no thang...many times I've seen Stoney throw them and either have them go a few inches in front of him and never leave the stage...or hit an amp or something and rickashaw back to him. :p LOL!!! The man is cool...he is, I mean he's a PIMP...but yeah, when it comes to some things I suppose he's not the suavest of the suave. LOL!! That is indeed what we love about him though likepilateihaveadog. :D It's so true. And guess what, he doesn't fuckin care if he's suave or not, yet another thing I adore.

Awww speaking of pics this reminds me of the Edmonton show..right after Stoney "tossed" out a handfull of picks some girl right in front was waving her hands in the air like "what about me??". Stoney pointed to her, smiled and kinda motioned for her to hold on. He walked over to his little pic box, got one, came up to the front of the stage, bent down so he could hand it DIRECTLY to her. She was more than grateful thanking him non-stop. He just smiled ear to ear and said "You're welcome". AWWW! :):):)

HELL YES 4HEATHER!!! That's awesome. Ummm, THIN AIR & OF THE GIRL?!?! :eek: *fans self* Are these not 2 of THE greatest songs in the PJ catalogue ??? I'm thinkin YES and I'm thinkin STONEY is just a musical mastermind. A true testament right here to the many layers he can bring us. He obviously has so much heart and soul....he can take that and give us a romantic, super sweet, gorgeous love song.......OR he can take that and give us a gorgeous, super sexed out, funky ass #. Totally mixing it up and giving us the best of all worlds. Any way you slice it, I LOOOOVE the GOSSARD GROOVE! :D

**SPREAD THE STONEY LOVE~~Keep it coming strong**

:)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    " I like rhythmic things that butt up against eachother in a cool way"
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    You fuckin know it The Kids Are Alright.

:cool: says "WHADDYA THINK?" ;)

BUMP up the STONEY LOVE with a beeeeautiul wallpaper courtesy of the ever so great MylipsRshaking. :o:o

http://photobucket.com/albums/a139/MylipsRshaking/?action=view&current=StoneWallpaper1.jpg

How PIMP is that shit?!?!

*does the one arm in air Don't Gimme No Lip Stoney bounce to celebrate*

My desktop is waaaaay happy right about now!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    hahahahahahahaha that is one LOKED out picture of pimpmaster stone!!!! LOVE IT!!!! Good job "shakin' lips"!!!! ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Stone is an amazing guitarist. He may not have the wailing solos of McCready or Slash. But not all great guitarist are lead guitarists. Keith Richards is living (or dying depending on if you consider Keith to still be among the living) proof of that. I think at the end of the day though that Stone will receive the credit he is due.
    Go ahead you can laugh all you want, but I've got my philosophy.
  • Options
    HELL YES 4HEATHER!!! That's awesome. Ummm, THIN AIR & OF THE GIRL?!?! :eek: *fans self* Are these not 2 of THE greatest songs in the PJ catalogue ??? I'm thinkin YES and I'm thinkin STONEY is just a musical mastermind. A true testament right here to the many layers he can bring us. He obviously has so much heart and soul....he can take that and give us a romantic, super sweet, gorgeous love song.......OR he can take that and give us a gorgeous, super sexed out, funky ass #. Totally mixing it up and giving us the best of all worlds. Any way you slice it, I LOOOOVE the GOSSARD GROOVE! :D

I KNOW!!!! CANNOT get enough of Thin Air and Of the Girl lately-I am like...where the hell have I been???
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    couple years ago saw Brad at Numbers in Houston.....very small venue...it was freakin awesome....incredible guitar...smooth...they had the best equipment and it matched the size of room......was really great to get right to stage and watch the man perform.

Purchased all of Brads's CD's next day.....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ha SEN, isn't that great?!?! :D MylipsRshaking captured some serious pimpin there. And PLAID!! WOOOHOOO! I love it too. Such a kick ass wallpaper. :D

InHiding79, hell yes. I hear ya. What a cool thing for you to say. Hey, LOOOVE your name btw...hello, another one of the GREATS we owe to the riffmaster. ;)

4HEATHER.."where the hell have I been?" hahaha!!!! Well hey, I'm just glad to hear you finally got there. ;) Those 2 songs definitely own a huge part of my PJ/Stoney lovin soul. :D I can't get over how flippin sexy OF THE GIRL is. As I like to say, sex in the form of a song. :o Whoooa. It just feels way too damn good. Stoney has GOT THE GROOOVE.

callen, awesome! I love Brad. :) I went and saw them a few years back in a tiny club out here too. It was really amazing. Really beautiful music. Shawn has such an amazing voice...and yeah, Stoney was of course incredible!!! Showcasing another layer of his non-stop musical talent. I love what he brings to Brad. As Meddledeal mentioned before, SHEEPISH is one of my fav songs ever by them and I was so not surprised to find out STONE wrote it! Out of control. This man is beyond gifted when it comes to music making. I can't praise him enough. :) Seeing him get on the drums at the BRAD show was another treat too. Come on! As his solo album clearly fuckin demonstrates...the man can play drums, guitar, bass, piano......he's a ONE MAN BAND!!

*bows down to the mighty SG*

Stone ROCKS MY PLAID SOCKS OFF! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    In celebration of 15 FUCKIN years....this BUMP is for you STONEY BOY! :D

BUMP it up with a legendary Gossard Great. One of the songs that kicked off the musical bond of a lifetime....and a song that just generally kicks major ass! \m/ :D How about this fuckin riff?! :eek: GO STONE!!!! YOU ROCK ASS!!! You're the best & really, really....THANK YOU!

I'm just beyond grateful for you and your longterm relationship with JEFF that we have ALL benefited from. {{THE FOUNDING FATHERS}} of the greatest band in the world!!! :D We salute you!

*group hug*

≥•ONCE•≤

i admit it...what's to say
    i relive it...without pain
    backstreet lover on the side of the road
    i got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    i got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes
    i play...
    once upon a time i could control myself
    once upon a time i could lose myself
    oh try and mimic what's insane...
    i am in it...where do i stand?
    indian summer and i hate the heat
    i got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat
    i got my hand in my pocket, so determined, discreet...
    i pray...
    (you think i got my eyes closed but i've been lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time...)
    once upon a time i could love myself
    once upon a time i could love you
    once...
    once...
    once...
    once...

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    In celebration of 15 FUCKIN years....this BUMP is for you STONEY BOY! :D

BUMP it up with a legendary Gossard Great. One of the songs that kicked off the musical bond of a lifetime....and a song that just generally kicks major ass! \m/ :D How about this fuckin riff?! :eek: GO STONE!!!! YOU ROCK ASS!!! You're the best & really, really....THANK YOU!

I'm just beyond grateful for you and your longterm relationship with JEFF that we have ALL benefited from. {{THE FOUNDING FATHERS}} of the greatest band in the world!!! :D We salute you!

*group hug*

≥•ONCE•≤

i admit it...what's to say
    i relive it...without pain
    backstreet lover on the side of the road
    i got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    i got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes
    i play...
    oh try and mimic what's insane...
    i am in it...where do i stand?
    indian summer and i hate the heat
    i got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat
    i got my hand in my pocket, so determined, discreet...
    i pray...
    (you think i got my eyes closed but i've been lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time...)
    once upon a time i could love myself
    once upon a time i could love you
    once...
    once...
    once...
    once...

oh yeah!! i COULDN'T agree w/you more girl!! HAIL HAIL to PEARL JAM and I am SO blessed to have my b-day shared w/one of the GREATEST bands on the planet!! :D:D

Thank U Stoney for your dedication in starting this great band...15 years and still going strong!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ODE to the DUCK

how do you do
    the things that you do?
    the master of riffs
    the master of groove
    PIMPIN it up
    wherever you go
    not afraid to shake your ass
    or let that beard grow
    always yourself
    always the best
    a musical mastermind
    with talent that refuses to rest
    said it before but it can't be said enough
    we love you oh mighty duck
    You rock our worlds
    Stoney G
    the love & praise
    is never-ending

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/kingshades.jpg

PIMP ON!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    hehe. Nice poem to the DUCK man Lydi!:) Definitely he is PIMPIN' IT!! :cool:

Everyone show LOVE for Roboduck..he is mighty, strong, and not afraid to wear a purse;)

to the riffmister who gave us such classic songs as Alive, Even Flow, No Way, DTE, etc. need I go on?! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~