Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    So you don't like Stone as much as we do. We get it. No reason to be upset. You want me to speak strictly of his skills as a guitarist, songwriter, and his amazing musicianship? Okay, I can do that. No problem at all because I could do it for days. And he happens to be an intelligent, cool person as well. Who, by the way, is a very attractive man to me. I'll talk about it all if I want especially since Stone doesn't get enough recognition.
    And he can play the dulcimer!!!!! duh!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    yahamita wrote:
    And he can play the dulcimer!!!!! duh!
    Exactly! What a talented man. He can play the drums and bass too. ;)
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Obscured1 wrote:
    What did he write on PJ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well actually...first things first..NOT ENOUGH!

Secondly, he wrote the insanely catchy riff to LIFE WASTED. You know, the song that's about to be really, really huge for this band? The song that's already appealing to mass audiences. Yeah, that's right. Because the man writes the catchiest, hookiest material out there.

Oh, and he also wrote PARACHUTES! The Beatles-esque beauty that's so gorgeous it hurts!! Proving yet again that the Gossard Greatness is unstoppable. Without a doubt one of THE most uniquely gorgeuos songs by the band to date (imo).

And for your information...this thread is never-ending. :D I'd suggest ignoring it instead of polluting it with your "barf" worthy negativity. :rolleyes:
    I feel sorry for you that you're not in "the know" when it comes to this incredibly gifted man. NO it's not just about "how cool" and "how hot" :rolleyes: *snore*. But as my fellow colleague SmilinSkullRing pointed out, many people DON'T GET IT when it comes to the package deal of greatness that is STONE GOSSARD.

For those of us that "know"....

Here's to....

~*~SPREADING THE STONEY LOVE~*~
    :D :cool: :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Obscured1Obscured1 Posts: 56
    I love Stone's Solo on Comeback, and his Zep style riff on Gone.And yes i do know how good Stone is, i just get annoyed with most of the focus being on his looks. thanks
    Very well said, Vedhead. :)

Obscured1,
    I love talking about Stone's musical contributions. If that is what you want to talk about just come in here and talk about it. It's great to do.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Thanks. :)

Yeah, he's only seeing what he wants to see. He has "not a fuckin clue".
    NEEEEEEEEEXT..........

Did you guys hear that Stoney also wrote the music for WASTED REPRISE?? I remember reading that on here but I can't find it anywhere...like in the booklet or on pearljam.com. I'm very curious about that.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Obscured1 wrote:
    What did he write on PJ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Umm dude try READING the liner notes why don't you.
    PARACHUTES for one!

The music for Parachutes, Life Wasted, and Wasted Reprise
    Co-wrote music on Comatose.

Besides the PJ album dude has written some Amazing songs. We wouldn't have Black, All or None, etc without the amazing Stone Gossard
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    My wife and I are such great fans of Stone Gossard that we named our cat after him.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
    My wife and I are such great fans of Stone Gossard that we named our cat after him.

Awwww, that's very cute. :D

And AMEN Mel! :D AMEN! And how weird...Wasted Reprise isn't in my booklet (ordered from 10c) but you mentioned in aim that it IS in your store bought one. Hmmm. Very strange. Anyways, thanks for confirming that the man indeed wrote that as well. :D Booooyah!

Stone and Ed (THE DREAM TEAM) are my fav songwriters. Always have been, always will be. Stone by himself is responsible for soooo many of my favs. SOooo many. If dude would go back and read the thread instead of only certain parts, he'd see that MUCH of the talk in here is about all the masterpieces this man has shared with the world. I'm constantly praising the songs. I mean shit, I've created so many threads in Words & Music alone. This MUSIC has saved/made my life. But if I wanna fuckin make a few "observations" you bet your ass I'm going to. Added bonuses. That's all. OF COURSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC. I'm sick of feeling like being a chick we have to defend this. And honestly, as far as Stone is concerned...it's the TALENT that makes him attractive to me.

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Thanks. :)

Yeah, he's only seeing what he wants to see. He has "not a fuckin clue".
    NEEEEEEEEEXT..........

Did you guys hear that Stoney also wrote the music for WASTED REPRISE?? I remember reading that on here but I can't find it anywhere...like in the booklet or on pearljam.com. I'm very curious about that.
    He did write the music for Wasted Reprise as well and, of course, Eddie wrote the lyrics.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Yeah, it's horrible that because we are female we have to defend ourselves. We can't praise Stone for his amazing musicianship but appreciate that he's gorgeous? And it's his personality and talent that help make him the great looking man he is.

I'm not sure if I ever want to have a kid, but if I do I really want to name him Dylan Stone (insert last name here). Don't steal this from me. :D;)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • He wrote the riffs to my 2 favorite PJ songs, Evolution & Life Wasted. Therefore, I am officially Stone's Bitch!
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    Exactly, Jay! I love those two riffs! Stone's Bitches know what it's all about. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
  • pjdmb1pjdmb1 Posts: 33
    Stone G. is the fucken man!!!!!

The Riff Masta!!!!
  • jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    WOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!! Go STONE! I am going to name my first born after you!!!
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    Obscured1 wrote:
    Stones sooo cool Stones sooo good looking kill this f*** thread
    BARF

Wow....and to thinnk of the time you took to write this....BARF.....move on if this thread is NOT FOR YOU or else deal with the content.....it's that simple.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
    Reading this thread enough only to become, for some reason, upset with it doesn't make sense to me either. Not to mention we talk about Stone's great ability.

I'm getting ready to either watch a PJ DVD (Single Video Theory) or listen to a Stone solo show. Maybe both. lol
    --

To have fallen for me
    Reading this thread enough only to become, for some reason, upset with it doesn't make sense to me either. Not to mention we talk about Stone's great ability.

I'm getting ready to either watch a PJ DVD (Single Video Theory) or listen to a Stone solo show. Maybe both. lol

Don't let that guy/girl bring you down.....there is MAJOR STONEY LOVE in this thread......go watch SVT and listen to Stone but come back and talk about the almighty Stone!!!!! =)

Rain Love.....Stoney Love that is.....=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Oh, no worries. I know there is more Stone love than anything. :)

I'm listening to Stone right now. That allows me to keep posting. I just wish I knew the name of this song. I don't know since it's not from Bayleaf, but it rocks!
    --

To have fallen for me
    Oh, no worries. I know there is more Stone love than anything. :)

I'm listening to Stone right now. That allows me to keep posting. I just wish I knew the name of this song. I don't know since it's not from Bayleaf, but it rocks!

Does he sing on it? What are some of the lyrics?
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    Does he sing on it? What are some of the lyrics?
    Yeah, it's from a Stone solo show from 6/17/04. I actually don't have the title to any of them except for a cover he does, which I know is Everyday People. I'm listening to the second song of the show right now.

No one has been able to help me out so far.

Some of the lyrics:

"A holiday, we never had it easier
    We found our path through politics and circumstance
    We won't let these worries block our way
    Block our way
    We won't let these troubles block our way
    Block our way

A change of heart
    We're doing what we want to do
    ????
    Block our way
    Block our way

????
    Everyone is coming through
    We play our part and then we break our road in two
    Block our way
    Block our way

--

To have fallen for me
    Yeah, it's from a Stone solo show from 6/17/04. I actually don't have the title to any of them except for a cover he does, which I know is Everyday People. I'm listening to the second song of the show right now.

No one has been able to help me out so far.

Some of the lyrics:

"A holiday, we never had it easier
    We found our path through politics and circumstance
    Block our way
    Block our way

A change of heart
    We're doing what we want to do
    ????
    Block our way
    Block our way

????
    Everyone is coming through
    We play our part and then we break our road in two
    Block our way
    Block our way

I think he may have done this song when Meddle, Vedhead and I went and saw him.....It sounds familiar....I was trying to find my post of a setlist from the Seattle show we went to in August of 2004 on the Stoney G. msgboard and they are all deleted DAMMIT!!!! But I am like 95% sure he did it there and I just called it new song and then gave it a generic name.

DAMN I can't believe you have a boot of this show!! SWEET!! He is awesome live.....just incredible.....have you ever seen him with Brad??? I have seen Brad 11 times, they are SO fucking great live!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    I think he may have done this song when Meddle, Vedhead and I went and saw him.....It sounds familiar....I was trying to find my post of a setlist from the Seattle show we went to in August of 2004 on the Stoney G. msgboard and they are all deleted DAMMIT!!!! But I am like 95% sure he did it there and I just called it new song and then gave it a generic name.

DAMN I can't believe you have a boot of this show!! SWEET!! He is awesome live.....just incredible.....have you ever seen him with Brad??? I have seen Brad 11 times, they are SO fucking great live!!!
    That's awesome that you've seen him solo!! I would be in heaven. Unfortunately, I haven't even seen PJ live, but it looks like things are looking up and I'll be at one, hopefully both, Gorge show. Will you be there?

I don't know the title of any of the songs except for the cover. If you think you would I could post a little of the lyrics to all of them.

So hopefully I can see PJ, Stone, and even Brad all live at some point. Oh, and if you want the boot let me know. Well, I'm sure you do. ;)
    --

To have fallen for me
    That's awesome that you've seen him solo!! I would be in heaven. Unfortunately, I haven't even seen PJ live, but it looks like things are looking up and I'll be at one, hopefully both, Gorge show. Will you be there?

I don't know the title of any of the songs except for the cover. If you think you would I could post a little of the lyrics to all of them.

So hopefully I can see PJ, Stone, and even Brad all live at some point. Oh, and if you want the boot let me know. Well, I'm sure you do. ;)

Oh my word!!! SWEET!! You will be seeing PJ live!!! I have seen them 15 times....and yes, I am going to both Gorge shows so hopefully we can meet up....I am also going to the San Francisco shows.....=) CAN'T WAIT!!!

I would LOVE the boot.....I have a lot of Brad boots of you want to do a trade.....I also have PJ boots....=)

And post away with the Lyrics....I'll do what I can....=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    I wish I could afford to go to all of the S.F. shows. I really can't afford going to Seattle (from Missouri), but I'm going to. lol It would be cool to meet up. And wow, seeing PJ 15 times. That would be sweet!

Cool. I might set up a trade with you but easily I could just send you the boot. :) Just send me a pm or email me at brucespringsteenfan@semo.net

Here are some lyrics to the first untitled song on the boot, which I love!!! :D

"I get the sense that you and I haven't spoken in so long
    That you're probably wondering where I've been
    And ever since I had that thought
    ????
    Thinking that I let you down

I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home
    I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home

My evidence, ???
    Seemed to take me far from home
    And far from your embrace
    But the evidence of our love is the message in this song
    I can't believe how strong I feel

I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home
    I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home

I hear, every whisper
    Every whisper from you
    Every whisper
    Every whisper from you

I hear, every whisper
    I hear, every whisper from you
    Every whisper

..."
    --

To have fallen for me
    I wish I could afford to go to all of the S.F. shows. I really can't afford going to Seattle (from Missouri), but I'm going to. lol It would be cool to meet up. And wow, seeing PJ 15 times. That would be sweet!

Cool. I might set up a trade with you but easily I could just send you the boot. :) Just send me a pm or email me at brucespringsteenfan@semo.net

Here are some lyrics to the first untitled song on the boot, which I love!!! :D

"I get the sense that you and I haven't spoken in so long
    That you're probably wondering where I've been
    And ever since I had that thought
    ????
    Thinking that I let you down

I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home
    I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home

My evidence, ???
    Seemed to take me far from home
    And far from your embrace
    But the evidence of our love is the message in this song
    I can't believe how strong I feel

I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home
    I'm on my way
    I'm on my way home

I hear, every whisper
    Every whisper from you
    Every whisper
    Every whisper from you

I hear, every whisper
    Every whisper

..."

I just sent you an email.....and I am just to rack my brain with this song!! It's driving me crazy!!! But we will figure it out.....I am going to head to bed but feel free to post more lyrics or email them to me....between all the Stone fans on here, we will figure it out!! Talk to you soon!!!

Rain Love....Pati
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Oh, I'm sure we'll figure it out. All these Stoney fans plus some have seen him live (I'm jealous!!!). :D I'm just getting ready to email you. :)

Let's see the above two are untitled two and one respectively on the boot.

Untitled three (though we could probably figure out some sort of title from the chorus, but I would hate to be wrong):

"Pick it up, put it down
    ????, fool around
    ???? in your hand
    Don't believe it

There's an apple from ???
    There's an apple in your eye
    ????
    I don't believe it
    Don't believe
    I don't believe it

Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love

Raise a flag, pull one down
    Be a father, wear a crown
    ?????
    Don't believe it

Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love

Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love
    Unless it's love"
    --

To have fallen for me
    SWEET STONEY GOODNESS! SmilinSkullRing! NO WAY you have that solo show!??? :eek: NO WAY!! Meddledeal and I have been searching for that thing for the past 2 years. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

*gathers self*

Whew! Woooow.

I love Stone. :)

Whew...ok.....

Hmmmm....what in the world? What are these songs?!? OMG this is gonna drive me nuts too!! Whaaaaat??? :eek: Awww, these made my heart cave in. :o Can you believe this dude. SO MUCH HEART & SOUL!!!!! Cheesy, but true damnit. I am just floored by his sweetness. On top of the groove, he's also got such a romantic side. I can't get over the words that pour outta this heart. Like THIN AIR? I still cannot even begin to believe that a DUDE wrote those words!!!! And our STONEY no less!

Wow. This is all too much to take in. As is this....my sweet SmilinSkullRing...you've never seen PJ!!!!!!!?????HOLY SHIT! AND...you might be going to THE GORGE??:D!!! Major STONE-A-THON! Oh whoa, I so hope you're going! That would be soooo beyond perfect. Your first show being @ THAT PLACE too?!?! :eek: *chills all over* Please, Please keep us posted on that. :)

STONE ROCKS MY LIFE! I can't get over this guy. Jeez. He's out of control. What was it, when he was being interviewed about the line in Pigeon "I'm not through sleeping around" and he said it had to do with jumping from band to band to band.....i.e.>>Stoney = musical SLUT. hahaha. :D *sigh* I've never been so grateful for slutiness I tell ya.:P

Speaking of BRAD...I'm listening to Welcome To Discovery Park right now as I type this. :o OH HELL NO.....how fitting is this~~~~>SHEEPISH JUST CAME ON............
    :o:D:o

*floats away*

"Lo√e, you know the word

Oh and excuse me...speaking of STONEY LOVE, would you look at ALL THIS STONEY LOVE .....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/snugglebugBFFs.jpg

:eek: :D:o :eek: :D

AHHH! I can't handle this!! TOO MUCH!!!

This is *officially* my most fav pic! LOOK AT THAT!!!! BFF! SO MUCH LOVE!!!! :D They love each other so, so much! Don't it make ya?? :D HELL YES it does. Love it. Love the Love snuggle bugs!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

Haha! Vedhead your energy and happiness over Stone is awesome. I love it!!!

It seems I've made your day. lol Send me an email at the email address I provided above. :)

I agree. His lyrical writing is sometimes something to behold, and his songwriting, music-wise, is always something to behold. :cool:

As it stands now I have a ticket for Sunday!! I'm desperately seeking a Saturday ticket. So if you guys know where I could find one I would be so incredibly happy!! You don't even know! I'm looking for a fanclub ticket, which is what I found for Sunday. But I'm not going to be picky I suppose because it's tough to find a ticket at all. We all have to meet up. Most likely I will be making a roadtrip with a fellow Stone's Bitch from RM. Imagine the meet up of us and Stone's Bitches!! :D

Haha, that's great what he said about "Pigeon". I'm glad that is what it means because I was starting to feel bad about feeling so good singing those lines. lol

Here is the last song on the boot besides song five which is "Everyday People."

Untitled Four (w/ Lonnie Marshall):

"Everybody is a star
    Who (?) the rain chase the dust away
    Everybody wants to shine
    Who will come out on a cloudy day

????
    When the system tries to bring you down
    Ever had to shine a light
    You don't need darkness to do what you think is right

Everybody is a star
    I can feel it when you shine on me
    I love you for who you are