Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Nice to see this thread alive, but it is about Stoney so no surprise. I post way more over at RM, but I'll try to post here more. I love Stone! I've been watching 1992 and 1993 DVD's lately. I love watching the Pinkpop one from '92 because Stone has long hair and is jumping and moving all over the place. :D

Thanks for the pics and links to that video!!!! I'm getting ready to see the video now.

Nice to see you on here SmilinSkullRing :D Glad to see show your love for Stone...he is DA MAN!! :cool:

I like to share some pics I have. They are Stone related stuff. :) The first pics are of my sign I did waaay back in 2003. Didn't take w/me to the San Antonio show, but did ended up taking it to Dallas(which I hid in my pants, which I didn't realize that they allowed signs in the venue :p) , Little Rock, and both MSG shows that year as well as Vancouver 2005. Stone has seen this sign along w/VEDHEAD27's STONE orange sign since 2003. :cool:

Side1
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/PJ%20Family/PJsignmankind.jpg

Side 2
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/PJ%20Family/sign1side2.jpg

yeah I realize that is dorky w/the smiley face w/the glasses :p

and this is my Stoney X-mas I made when I had my apt. back in 2003-2004.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/PJ%20Family/stoney.jpg
    Noticed the Stone button from long ago, along w/TB2K playing on my tv. :D Out of all the PJ buttons I had gotten from that set, Stone is the ONLY one that is still in tact on my purse:)

I thought I would share w/my fellow Stoney Ponies/Bitches :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    BUMP for Stone fans!! :D

Show your love for the multi-talented: STONE C. GOSSARD

:cool:

*shakes tail feathers*
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    Yeah, I'm always at the Stone's Bitches thread.

I've seen those photos before. Cool sign!

I'm getting ready to watch the Alive video of PJ on the Jools Holland show. I'll be focused on Stone. :D
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    I wish Stone and Mike got more mainstream recongition. Like Slash and Kirk Hammet. I guess when you're all over VH1 for years, people are going to know you
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I wish Stone and Mike got more mainstream recongition.
    You and me both. Stone needs more recognition among the fans even. At least it seems so sometimes.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    eVerytime i see this thread it makes me smile.
    Stone!!! Stone!!! Stone!!!...~

[[[[[[[[Stone]]]]]]]]

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

Me too! I love seeing love for Stone. I've got to see these guys live, and I need to be on Stone's side. ;)
    --

To have fallen for me
    yeah I have ONLY been on Stone's side twice, but not w/my 10c number though:(

Stone and Mike are the best guitarists out there, they should be put in Guitar World's magazine ranking damnit!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Nice to see this thread alive, but it is about Stoney so no surprise. I post way more over at RM, but I'll try to post here more. I love Stone! I've been watching 1992 and 1993 DVD's lately. I love watching the Pinkpop one from '92 because Stone has long hair and is jumping and moving all over the place. :D

Thanks for the pics and links to that video!!!! I'm getting ready to see the video now.

I am ALL about Pinkpop '92!!!!!! Same reason!!!!
    I am ALL about Pinkpop '92!!!!!! Same reason!!!!
    Rock on! I love watching all the guys at that show, but my eyes are completely glued to Stone. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
  • That is easily my fave show that I was not at. I even bought a pricey eBay shirt for it (and then saw one again recently not so pricey!)

Second fave is Cow Palace in '91 ... and again for similar reasons!
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    I like to share some pics I have. They are Stone related stuff. :) The first pics are of my sign I did waaay back in 2003. Didn't take w/me to the San Antonio show, but did ended up taking it to Dallas(which I hid in my pants, which I didn't realize that they allowed signs in the venue :p) , Little Rock, and both MSG shows that year as well as Vancouver 2005. Stone has seen this sign along w/VEDHEAD27's STONE orange sign since 2003. :cool:

Side1
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/PJ%20Family/PJsignmankind.jpg

Side 2
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/PJ%20Family/sign1side2.jpg

yeah I realize that is dorky w/the smiley face w/the glasses :p
    Don't you DARE call your signs dorky Meddle.... I LOVE the smiley face with glasses... brilliant... awesome... I'm SURE it makes Stoney smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
    I'm this close ->.<- to getting it as a tattoo and would pay you a royalty :D

Stone is everything and everything is Stone <sigh>. HEY!! I could make that part of the tattoo!! But I guess that wouldn't be fair to my sainted husband :/

So any chance of seeing a jpg of VedHead's orange sign???
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I have ONLY been on Stone's side twice, but not w/my 10c number though:(

Stone and Mike are the best guitarists out there, they should be put in Guitar World's magazine ranking damnit!!

UUUUUMMMMMM........HELLO?????? Must you forget standing right infront of him during his solo show in Seattle????? Ms. Meddledeal.....you will get smacked the next time I see you.....bad bad grrl!!!!! =) After all that driving!!!!

But I still love you twinie......=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    haha Pati. I know huh. Don't get much better than that. :D I'm still slappin myself over that super intimate/amazing ass show! Worth the drive AND missing The Who (ooooops!). haha. Seriously. You can't top that! And seeing BAYLEAF songs live?! AND THIN AIR?! Ahhh! We lived the Stoney dream!! Big time!

Alright, now that you mentioned it I must post a few pics from that dream of a night....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/Seattle%20trip%20STONEY%20SOLO%20AUG%2004/0738614-R1-025-11.jpg

LOL!!@!#@# What in the?! haha. I love it. This man is TOO much.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/Seattle%20trip%20STONEY%20SOLO%20AUG%2004/T1131433635.jpg

(((love)))

Can never post this one enough! :D!!! Guess who smiley is smiling at??? Awwww!

<~~~ blastin ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS

Yet another MASTERPIECE from our mighty man. I mean right from the very beginning it's like Hooooly fuckin shit this is TOO damn beautiful! Just listen to this guitar work?? How in the world?! :eek: STONE...you are TOO TALENTED! And how's about this solo?? :D

This song always makes me feel so relaxed, so at ease. It just calms your soul with it's overflowing beauty. :o And the ending breakdown?!? Weeeeeeee! I loooove it. What a feeling! What a ride!

My good god I hope we get to experience this live in '06 my fellow PONIES. :o!!! Just hearing it soundchecked in Camden had me bouncing off the walls!!!!! Right Nadi? ;) This AND Thin Air soundchecked?!? Ahhh. That soundcheck alone was a dream concert for me.

Nadi! Thanks for posting your cute ass signs. You know I love them...especially the smiley face w/the glasses! Toooo cute. And even if it is dorky, it's fitting. Hello. It's a tribute to our Robo duck/dork. :p

eddie's Tone rocks! YAY! Don't it make ya? Indeed. Same here my friend. Saaame here. :)

Aw and sweet Happenstance! :) Always nice to see you. Ooooo ooooo! Here you go...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/STONESIGN.jpg

YAY!!!!! :D I stil can't believe Kerensa got a shot of that!
    hehehehhehe. STONEY LOVE CAPTURED FOREVER!

SmilinSkullRing?? You...are...awesome :o And another one that actually WANTS to be on Stone's side too?! :eek: OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! :D

You and me both. Stone needs more recognition among the fans even. At least it seems so sometimes.

*applauds*

THAAAANK YOU! :D Couldnt have said it any better. ;) Although this thread sure makes me think that the TIMES they are a CHANGING. :D Also, witnessing all that love at the BoSTONE shows?? *feels all warm & fuzzy* I still can't believe what I witnessed. ED and JEFF wearing "STONE" shirts?!?! Ahhhh! Was that real?? SO MUCH STONEY LOVE! ((((:D))))

This is not only the SUMMER OF PJ LOVE folks....but most definitely the SUMMER OF STONEY LOVE! :cool:
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Gen5 wrote:
    UUUUUMMMMMM........HELLO?????? Must you forget standing right infront of him during his solo show in Seattle????? Ms. Meddledeal.....you will get smacked the next time I see you.....bad bad grrl!!!!! =) After all that driving!!!!

But I still love you twinie......=)

I was mentioning PJ shows Pati. :o And yeah, I stood only 3 FEET away from Stone at his solo show back in 2004. *sighs* me and Lydi were going insane and singing to EVERY single song on that setlist. I know we shocked Stone with that! he probably was thinking, 'they know my songs?!' :p

and i love you too twinie Pati!! :)

and yea, STILL in shock that you got tickets! STILL in shock how close we were! STILL in shock we got Stone's verison of Thin Air! STILL in shock over everything!! :eek:

Thanks Stone for the music!!

And it is indeed the summer of Stoney!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Who Bid The $15,000 For Dinner With Stone?? Damn, You!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    BUMPing up this wonderful thread for the wonderful Stone :D

Don't Gimme No Lip Mr Gossard or else ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    That is easily my fave show that I was not at. I even bought a pricey eBay shirt for it (and then saw one again recently not so pricey!)

Second fave is Cow Palace in '91 ... and again for similar reasons!
    Very cool about the shirt. I haven't seen Cow Palace '91. I need to!!
    --

To have fallen for me
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

SmilinSkullRing?? You...are...awesome :o And another one that actually WANTS to be on Stone's side too?! :eek: OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! :D
    Oh yeah, nothing could be better than being on Stone's side. I'm sure of it! :cool:

Thanks for those pics, and you are right about Bayleaf and All Those Yesterdays. The album is brilliant as is the song.

So, I changed my wallpaper last night...to another pic of Stone. lol
    --

To have fallen for me
    yahamita wrote:
    Who Bid The $15,000 For Dinner With Stone?? Damn, You!
    I wish it was me!

So, is it true that Stone is married to Liz Weber? I didn't know he was married!!!
    --

To have fallen for me
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I wish it was me!

So, is it true that Stone is married to Liz Weber? I didn't know he was married!!!

:eek: Can't speak of marriage on this board you know ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    :eek: Can't speak of marriage on this board you know ;):D
    Whoops.

*steps out whistling as if nothing has happened*
    --

To have fallen for me
    Don't you DARE call your signs dorky Meddle.... I LOVE the smiley face with glasses... brilliant... awesome... I'm SURE it makes Stoney smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
    I'm this close ->.<- to getting it as a tattoo and would pay you a royalty :D

Stone is everything and everything is Stone <sigh>. HEY!! I could make that part of the tattoo!! But I guess that wouldn't be fair to my sainted husband :/

hehe. you are TOO cute and funny Happenstance. Of course you can get that as a tattoo and don't worry about the royalty;) As long as u are a stoney fan,that is fine w/me and no royalties needed. :D

now YOU should make that statement: "stone is everything and everything is stone' as a sign :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    I just want to know Stoneys, is there a Lexington in NOrth Carolina too?;)

allison
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I wish it was me!

Stone is NOT married, yet.. We have a few of us girls going to take him hostage soon, so he can't take the plunge!..(Meddledeal,VEDHEAD27,ontheflipside) you in??
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    Why dear yahamita, I have no idea what you're talking about. :D

(pssst...the birthday boy kidnapping project is a BIG 10-4 ;)...keep on the down low...over and out... )

SmilinSkullRing...you are very welcome. :) Have I mentioned how much I love the love in this thread???? :o Btw my friend, feel free to post a pic of that there wallpaper. :D

SPEAKING OF PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drum roll*

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/DSC_0524.jpg

*non-stop giggiles & smiles*
    :D:D:D

YAAAY! YAAAAAY!

LOOK AT THAT PIMP!!!! :eek:!!!

Stoney holding that mic with such "AUTHORITY" (damn straight!!).....Stoney says "UHHH, UHHH! I AM SO FUCKIN PIMP!!"

"Lo√e, you know the word

AWWWWW!!!

<~~~ cannot stop smiling & AWing

This is too much! Too much. I cannot even begin to handle this!

I just listened to NJ2 for the first time, well part of it. :p I went straight for DONT GIMME NO LIP. I decided to go to the end of LEASH first to see what the intro would be. AWWWWWWW!!!! :D!! This is way too precious. All this love makes me wanna fuckin cry! It's so, so beautiful. :):o And also, check out our beyond humble Stoney G...spotlight is on him and what does he do??? He uses it to praise away our "Ed Ved"<~~~ YES! Say it often and LOOOOVE IT Stoney! :) But yeah, all this love?? :o And for him to use his spotlight to praise like this. Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

ED : "Good people...ladies and gentleman....ON LEAD VOCAL..STONE GOSSARD!!!!"

STONEY : "I know ya'll been waiting for it. Hey uh, I just wanna say uh.. thank you very much...from, myself and everyone else. We've had a great tour. And I just wanna thank Ed Ved personally. Cuze uh, he's put in so many hours to this record and to the video we've made and to every nights setlist. He just does and amazing job and he has an incredible amount of energy and we're just so lucky to have him!"

*in a siilly voice "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE" voice*

"LADIES AND GEEEEEEENTLEMAN! A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!!!!

Thank you Ed."

********************************************************************************

What in the?!? LOOK AT THAT!!
    AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    he is hilarious but he doesn't mean to be.
    take your money and your drugs.
    yahamita wrote:
    Stone is NOT married, yet.. We have a few of us girls going to take him hostage soon, so he can't take the plunge!..(Meddledeal,VEDHEAD27,ontheflipside) you in??
    Oh, I'm in!
    --

To have fallen for me