Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch

Comments

• merkinball wrote:
    When the Well Runs Dry was on the bonus disc that came with the DBT's Blessing and a Curse when you bought it at an indie shop.
    They (DBT) also released it as part of their Rocktober thing last year.
    All tracks available here:

http://ninebullets.org/rocktober/
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    They (DBT) also released it as part of their Rocktober thing last year.
    All tracks available here:

http://ninebullets.org/rocktober/
    Thanks for the link...........I somehow lost a couple of those tracks. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Anyone know how long his show has been lately?

When I saw him last month, it was about 90 minutes. Maybe a little less.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    tybird wrote:
    Thanks for the link...........I somehow lost a couple of those tracks. :)

Great Car Dealer War is a favorite...have you heard Patterson's track Pride of the Yankees?

Very good.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    I went to the Plan 9 show as well as the Canal Club on Friday night, awesome show. Jason and the 400 Unit hit the stage right at 11:30 and it ended around 1:20. The 400Unit is some kind of band - most of the DBT songs, especially Never Gonna Change, were better than ever I thought.

The drummer and other guitarist in particlar was awesome. If you get a chance to go catch him please do ......
    Help Jason out at Spin Magazine.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Great Car Dealer War is a favorite...have you heard Patterson's track Pride of the Yankees?

Very good.

PBM
    I've read the lyrics, but I don't think I ever heard it.
    I've read the lyrics, but I don't think I ever heard it.

He's got it on his Myspace page...quite haunting.

PBM

• http://www.yousendit.com/download/OGhmbUpSbEF3TGcwTVE9PQ

There's DBT's set on Seattle's KEXP on 7/3/07.

Played some new ones and talked a bit.
    Cooley was a riot as usual.

Back to Isbell, I think the great thing about Sirens is that is has so many sounds it it doesn't get old.
    Great Car Dealer War is a favorite...have you heard Patterson's track Pride of the Yankees?

Very good.

PBM
    Car Dealer war is cool............of course, so is Uncle Disney from his first solo album......"Pride of the Yankees"....I have not heard.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I posted a review for the album on last.fm...

Link.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Still waiting for my copy to arrive...

(but still enjoying the Wilco album)
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I posted a review for the album on last.fm...

Link.

Cool review

Thanks for that :)
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Unfortunately my friend & I missed the Jason show in NYC due to waiting too long to buy tickets. The show sold out. I'm hoping to see Jason again on 8/31 in Chattanooga as I'll be in Atlanta for Labor Day weekend.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Does anyone know what time Jason's been hitting the stage on this tour? I have a baseball game I have to play the same night he's playing Toronto and want to know if I can make both.

Tickets say 'Doors 9pm". Is there an opener? Should I expect him to hit the stage at 10pm?
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Does anyone know what time Jason's been hitting the stage on this tour? I have a baseball game I have to play the same night he's playing Toronto and want to know if I can make both.

Tickets say 'Doors 9pm". Is there an opener? Should I expect him to hit the stage at 10pm?

Have you checked in with the ninebullets.org website?
    augustwest wrote:
    Have you checked in with the ninebullets.org website?

Actually never heard of the site until now. I checked it out, but I still don't know what time he hits stage.

Anyone?
    I was thinking about seeing him in Nashville next month...if his stage show is close to DBT, then it's usually around 9:30pm/10:00pm before he comes on.

I was thinking about leaving work around 5:00, driving to Nashville, getting checked into the hotel and then going over to the venue. By that time, he should just about be coming on.

I would call the venue or check their website.

PBM

• ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    in memphis it was doors open at 9. he had two opening acts that started at 10, so he wasn't on stage until a 11-11:30. don't know if thats how the whole tour has been, just my experience.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • augustwest wrote:
    Cool review

Thanks for that :)

Thanks.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    Toronto fans...support some good southern music. Jason's playing Toronto tomorrow (Tues) night. Tickets are only like $8!

Stop supporting crappy commercial music, and support good music for a guy who puts his heart into rock : )
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Toronto fans...support some good southern music. Jason's playing Toronto tomorrow (Tues) night. Tickets are only like $8!

Stop supporting crappy commercial music, and support good music for a guy who puts his heart into rock : )
    I like your thinking.....too bad I can't be in Toronto tomorrow night to help 'ya.
    :)
    tybird wrote:
    I like your thinking.....too bad I can't be in Toronto tomorrow night to help 'ya.
    :)

I went to see him open up for Son Volt (I'm not a SV fan at all - just went to see Jason), but I swear there were eonly 20 people there to see him - there were more, but sitting near the back waiting for SV.

Sure he played a short set, but it was great music!
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Actually never heard of the site until now. I checked it out, but I still don't know what time he hits stage.

Anyone?

Perhaps you need to go here?????

http://tinyurl.com/2h2nnn
    Is anyone else considering the Madison, WI show at the Terrace this Friday (7/27)? I feel like I need to see him again now that I've heard the whole record :D

(BTW, my local indie shop STILL hasn't stocked Sirens, and won't even special-order it for me - and I know it's not because they have some issue with New West because I got the whole DBT back catalog there. :( Weird.)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    Is anyone else considering the Madison, WI show at the Terrace this Friday (7/27)? I feel like I need to see him again now that I've heard the whole record :D

(BTW, my local indie shop STILL hasn't stocked Sirens, and won't even special-order it for me - and I know it's not because they have some issue with New West because I got the whole DBT back catalog there. :( Weird.)

It will be a different gig for sure, now that the cd is out...those new songs didn't work as well, not knowing them, when he opened for Son Volt...

Now, is a completely different story :)

What a great cd I might add...sooo many different textures...I keep getting a new fave song every 3-4 listens! lol

Lately it's The Magician...love that banjo!

Sounds like you need to find a new independent local record store ;)
    augustwest wrote:
    Perhaps you need to go here?????

http://tinyurl.com/2h2nnn

Sweet, thanks for the info!
    augustwest wrote:

Lately it's The Magician...love that banjo!

Oh, I know, right? I am an orphan, man, but ain't we all?
    augustwest wrote:

Sounds like you need to find a new independent local record store ;)

I fear you may be correct!
    Oh, I know, right? I am an orphan, man, but ain't we all?

Bingo ;)

lol
    Anyone else going tonight? I'm heading out soon. I'll give a review tomorrow (maybe)!