Springsteen - Seeger Sessions

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It wasn't raining during the show, but I think the grass would have been a little wet; however they seem to allow both blankets and lawn chairs (at least for Springsteen - I don't remember seeing lawn chairs the previous night at NIN, not that anyone would be sitting for that anyway!) I think you would have been alright.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    JaneNY wrote:
    Nice show last night at Saratoga! Its amazing to see Bruce with so many musicians on so many different instruments, and it sounded so good! Mostly Seeger Sessions songs, as well as a very re-written Adam Raised a Cain (Darkness...), and You can Look but You Better Not Touch (The River) (to the point of being almost unrecognizable if you don't know the words really well). Bruce had part of his right hand bandaged, but it didn't seem to detract from his playing. Ended with When the Saints go Marching In.

I heard Bruce had played his hand raw strumming the guitar the other night - prior show to Saratoga ( strumming loudly and with lots of emotion . )Hence the bandage maybe ?
    From the clips I have seen on AOL, the horns are so loud and strong ! Pender and La Bamba are jamming their asses off and even Bruce- they all seem to be having so much fun up there .
    I'm looking forward to the MSG show Thurs and Conan Friday Night , then finally the tour finale` in Holmdel on Sun .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    6/19, CAMDEN: A RUMBLE IN NEW JERSEY!

For some sensitive folks, it was a show on the Jersey side... and for those on the other side, this was considered by many to be a Philly show. As Bruce put it, it was a "rumble in New Jersey!" for this sold-out, jam-packed concert. And no matter how you slice it, it was a special night, with both Southside Johnny -- "The Ghost of New Jersey!" -- and Joe Grushecky -- "The Ghost of Pittsburgh!" -- joining in the hootenanny. Back in his home turf, Bruce namechecked Walt Whitman and observed, "Leaves of Grass wasn't good enough"... you know you've made it "when you've had a service center named after you." The tour debut and full-band premiere of "Maria's Bed" was actually a let-down -- a train-wreck, even, a missed opportunity -- that caused the show to drag after a high-energy opening six-pack. But the set closed in fine form with SSJ on harp and Joey G. wielding his axe on "Pay Me My Money Down," with Southside holding his own onstage at center mic throughout the whole set-ending shtick.
    platessmall.jpg
    check out this video from Bruces last show in Camden.
    A totally reworked Springsteen classic, and lordy lordy check out that kid on Banjo !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deRf5nB2ZKs

I'll be there tomorrow night at MSG - gonna be great ! Cannot wait !

[size=+4]Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.nydailynews.com/06-22-2006/news/gossip/story/428722p-361499c.html

For Pete's sake, air Springsteen folk fest

The Bruce Springsteen tour that arrives here tonight provides another example of how niched and conservative commercial radio formats can help keep music and potential fans apart.
    Springsteen's "Seeger Sessions" CD features songs associated with Pete Seeger and performed as a foot-stomping sing-alongs with a 16-piece band.

Several tunes, including "John Henry," "Jacob's Ladder" and "Pay Me My Money Down," are as rousing as any of Springsteen's rock songs, mixing blues, country, swing, folk, pop, gospel and any other style he can think of.

Springsteen's been on a short tour since the CD was released in April, and while he drew sellout crowds in Europe, he's had something unusual at some of his U.S. dates: patches of empty seats.

The main reason for this, presumably, is fans who hear he's playing "folk music" and figure they'll wait until he gets his rock band back together.

That's not radio's fault. Radio can't make people like something to which they're indifferent. But if radio were a little more open itself, it could help show that this is mighty energetic stuff.

In Saratoga Monday night, Springsteen kept a full house on its feet pretty much the whole show. No one left wishing for "Born to Run."

It's also true that Springsteen has rarely been a Top 40 radio artist. But rock radio has always played him, and unfortunately, rock radio is a shrinking commodity in cities like New York. "The Seeger Sessions" has gotten spins on classic-rock WAXQ (104.3 FM), but long gone are the days of the old free-form WNEW, which figured its listeners wanted to hear music that was a little different and maybe even, gasp, out of format.

Bruce gets played on "adult alternative" WFUV (90.7 FM), some college and surburban stations, and XM and Sirius satellite. He didn't really expect more. The shame is that some people who might like this CD will never know, and radio could help.

He plays the Garden tonight, then PNC Bank Center Saturday and Sunday. As of yesterday, Garden seats were available.
    platessmall.jpg
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Dont worry about the empty seats, great updates on the tour, thanks. Cant wait till tonight.
    6/22, NYC: WE'RE AN "AMERICAN LAND"

"This is an immigrant song for New York City," Springsteen said before tonight's new opening number -- no, not a song off Led Zeppelin III, but at the moment we can't tell you exactly what it was, either. On the setlist as "American Land," it had a recurring refrain of "home in the American land," but it wasn't "He Lies in the American Land," despite that song's association with Pete Seeger and the similarity in title. A new Springsteen song? Watch this space for more as we know it.... In any case, it was certainly a world premiere, an Irish reel with a Clancy Brothers/Tommy Makem feel to it; lyrically, a vivid portrait of the immigrant experience in the vein of Ry Cooder's "Across the Borderline." At the end, Bruce had one more dedication for it: "for all you travelers out there." All six tour horn players were featured, with Clark and Curt exiting after the opener and returning to the stage for "Poor Man" forward. Also returning to the fold was Patti Scialfa -- after the just-as-long-absent "If I Should Fall Behind," Bruce told the crowd, "She came out of semi-retirement to be here tonight!" During "Old Dan Tucker" Bruce held a sing-off between New York and New Jersey, but he said that this Madison Square Garden show was really a test for the band, playing for "bloodthirsty New Yorkers." And indeed, the crowd ran hot and cold. But here in the current hometown of the Max Weinberg 7, there was a particularly rabid response for the horns on songs like "Jesse James" and "Oklahoma Home," and "Jacob's Ladder" pulled 'em all in. In the encore, "Bring Them Home" was stripped down to feature Springsteen alone on harmonica and guitar, dedicated to Steve Earle. One really nice touch came at the end of "Pay Me My Money Down," when the person who came out to tell tuba player Art Baron "time to go" was not Bruce as usual, but Art's mother. And judging from his priceless reaction, it came as a very pleasant surprise -- quite a sentimental moment. More family and friends taking in the Garden show: Bruce's mother and aunts, Steven and Maureen Van Zandt, Max Weinberg, Tim Russert (whose wife, Maureen Orth, wrote the Newsweek story in '75), and in the pit, Dave Marsh, Jon Landau, and Bill Flanagan.

SETLIST:

American Land/John Henry/O Mary Don't You Weep/Johnny 99/Old Dan Tucker/Eyes on the Prize/Jesse James/Atlantic City/Erie Canal/My Oklahoma Home/If I Should Fall Behind/Mrs. McGrath/How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?/Jacob's Ladder/We Shall Overcome/Open All Night/Pay Me My Money Down
    Encore: Bring Them Home/My City of Ruins/Ramrod/You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)/When the Saints Go Marching In

Johnny 99 and AC were very cool

My highlights: Eyes On The Prize, How Can A Poor Man, Jacobs Ladder, ( everyone in MSG was standing for this one ) Open All Night , Pay Me My Money Down , My City Of Ruins ( *continues to be a very emotional song, & still gets me teary eyed ) Ramrod and You Can Look( But You Better Not Touch )

Awesome night!

Next: Across the river to the Jersey side, where a pair of shows in Holmdel on Saturday and Sunday close out the leg.
    platessmall.jpg
    thank God for Bruce Springsteen and the music he makes, what a great concert it was, I saw him last year solo and this year with this band, all I have to say whatever Bruce decides to do Im there. The crowd participation was some of the best Ive seen, maybe you could say its hot and cold, but when you have a quiet song like the version of "When the Saints Come Marching In" he did here, do you want people screaming at top of their lungs at the most inappropriate moments? I think not. Plus Bruce made it clear last tour when he did the one man show, there is a time to shut up and listen, and a time to scream and shout, and I think the crowd at this show got it just about right. Also glad that we were going away from the "BRuuuuuce" chants, and more straight ahead chearing.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/story/429316p-361979c.html

Bruce gig is hoot(enanny)

http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/745-springsteen.JPG

Even playing with a 20-piece band, Bruce Springsteen shows he's still The Boss at Madison Square Garden last night.

Scratchy fiddles, wheezing accordions, prickly banjos - they don't exactly say rock 'n' roll, do they?
    But last night at Madison Square Garden, where such sounds dominated, Bruce Springsteen proved he didn't need the roar of an electric guitar to rouse a crowd or draw it near.

As every fan knows, Springsteen's current tour finds him in wholly new surroundings. He's not howling in front of the EStreet Band or sheepishly singing his own, woeful folk ballads into his chest, as on his solo tours. Instead he's appearing with a band large enough to people a small town. For 2-1/2 hours, they created a sound that mixed a Western hootenanny with a New Orleans juke joint.

The crack 20-piece band concentrated mainly on songs from the star's "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions," a CD that plugs traditional folk pieces, often associated with Pete Seeger, into Springsteen's own unsinkable character.

Take the century-old ballad "John Henry." Lyrically, it's ideal for Springsteen's canon, addressing the trials of a working stiff. But this story of defeat was delivered with the pride and valor of a national anthem.

Other songs addressed subjects like the struggle for freedom - "O Mary Don't You Weep"; the dignity of honest work - "Erie Canal"; and the power of hope - "Eyes on the Prize." But the sociopolitical underpinnings of the pieces were shrouded in metaphor and spare story telling. Their serious messages of protest and pain never undercut their sense of joy.

While "My Oklahoma Home" talks about people who have lost every possession, the music bursts with a defiant glee. It was the polar opposite of Springsteen's solo folk shows, which make a fetish of dreariness.

Live, the band worked on a broader swath of American music than on the CD - and did a public service in the process. Sounds from Western swing to rockabilly turned up, with extra space given to the obscene honks of the New Orleans horns.

Springsteen even managed to include some radically refigured tunes of his own. "Johnny 99" became a funk shuffle; "If I Should Fall Behind," a waltz.

By offering such a rousing do-over of these songs, and so many others, Springsteen epitomized another American theme: reinvention. More than 30 years into his career, how stirring to see him use the distant past to once again make himself new.
    platessmall.jpg
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    thank God for Bruce Springsteen and the music he makes, what a great concert it was, I saw him last year solo and this year with this band, all I have to say whatever Bruce decides to do Im there. The crowd participation was some of the best Ive seen, maybe you could say its hot and cold, but when you have a quiet song like the version of "When the Saints Come Marching In" he did here, do you want people screaming at top of their lungs at the most inappropriate moments? I think not. Plus Bruce made it clear last tour when he did the one man show, there is a time to shut up and listen, and a time to scream and shout, and I think the crowd at this show got it just about right. Also glad that we were going away from the "BRuuuuuce" chants, and more straight ahead chearing.

awesome show !

the crowd by me was a bunch of duds in suits ( sect 204 ) , for the most part. Much of the show they remained seated, while my girlfriend & I were the only ones standing in our immediate area.

Oh, and there was ( and always will be ) chants of " Bruuuuuce " , alltho maybe not as much as we may be used to .

I cant wait for the Tour closer on Sunday @ Holmdel.
    platessmall.jpg
    I was sitting in 406 I wish I was in the lower sections though for sure, yeah my section people sat the whole time except for the ending, though next to me were some Germans who were really into it so that was kind of fun, at the end they were screaming in German for the people to get up and everybody got up.

Too bad Bruce doenst put out live shows on cd, this one would be one to have.
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    Too bad Bruce doenst put out live shows on cd, this one would be one to have.

well, Bruce doesnt put them out, but they are out there.

i'll keep my eyes out for you, post info here when i get any.

cheers !
    platessmall.jpg
    Johnny99 from last nights show

June 22, New York: From the funk guitar and drum intro, a song off Springsteen's bleak 'Nebraska' album is the last thing you'd expect. But 'Johnny 99,' with its brass blowout and dual fiddle, is just a taste of how Bruce has reimagined his own songs for the Seeger Sessions Band.
    -- Chris Phillips, Backstreets.com

check out the groove !

video :

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1670101&referer=http%3A//music.aol.com/photo-galleries/18-nights-bruce-springsteen-seeger-tour
    platessmall.jpg
    BRUCE interview on CNN

MEET ME (AND MY 17-PIECE BAND) OUT IN THE STREET
    This... is Bruce on CNN
    Gearing up for this leg's final pair of shows, tonight and tomorrow, Springsteen had a nice long talk with CNN's Soledad O'Brien. He describes what he was going for on this tour: "This big, brassy, music-hall, tavern-style, street-type big band. What I wanted to capture was the vitality of the people that built the [country]. I said I want something like if we were playing it in a music hall in 1899, in some mining town, it would be immediately understood... obviously, we use a whole lot of amplification, but we could take the whole thing out on the street and play it as it stands." Bruce also confirms, "We're putting out a slightly expanded version of the record; will be on it." More than ten minutes of the interview is viewable online -- grab a drink, settle in and watch now on CNN.com. http://www.cnn.com/video/showbiz/2006/06/23/obrien.springsteen.intv.cnn/content.html(For more, the full interview is available on CNN Pipeline.)
    -June 24, 2006
    platessmall.jpg
    Holy Cow
    what an amazing show put on by Bruce and this Seeger Sessions Band,..

and we got a nice setlist

Long Black Veil is an awesome cover- works vbery well with this Band .

And for only the 2nd time the entire tour, we got that " flying trapeze " song,..

that was just insane. !

and Bruce remarked the tour is only taking a break.

I have heard rumblings of 2 more rehearsal shows in Asbury Park in September- i suggest every Jammer who can get to one of these shows does so,...they are always momentous . A very difficult ticket to come by or even scalp .

Bruce most likely taking summer off to be with his kids/ family, but then back to Europe near Sept - Oct . I suspect there will be more US dates to follow . Cheers !

DVC00738.jpg

thanks, Boss
    platessmall.jpg
  • I love Seeger Session, it's so different to what I thought it would be, another solo acoustic drab act) - it's perfect, absolutely perfect, and he covers Rag, Mama, Rag by the Band!!!
    6/25, HOLMDEL: DON'T YOU WEEP...

The second of two at the PNC: a drier night, another sold-out homecoming show, and the last of this 18-night U.S. tour. But there was no real air of finality tonight -- though Springsteen told the Jersey crowd, "This is our last date here in the States," it's well-known that he'll be taking the Seeger Sessions Band back out for another European jaunt in the fall. So consider this one a "season finale." As at the Devils & Dust tour-ender, Bruce had his family in the house: "My babies are here!" He also revealed one of the threats he uses to keep his kids in line: "They're not afraid of me anymore... but they're afraid of the horn section!" And with all six players in the horn line-up tonight, the kids must have been on their best behavior. The show opened with the Pogues-ish "American Land" for the third night running, and while setlist variation on this tour has been minimal, this second of two back-to-back shows in the same venue had Bruce making sure to shake things up for repeat attendees. "Long Black Veil" came in for "Eyes on the Prize," with "Long Time Comin'" and "Devils & Dust" also in the set. "My City of Ruins" appeared to be an audible, with Bruce starting alone as he has been lately for "Bring Them Home" in that first encore slot, but the band quickly coming out to join in. The biggest surprise of the night, though, was the closing number, played only once prior at the last Asbury rehearsal show: "The Man on the Flying Trapeze." In terms of song-choice, this old circus story may be kind of a head-scratcher, but as Bruce said, it's a "song that explains what we're trying to do... not what we're trying to do -- what we're doing." And yeah, it nicely suggests the derring-do of this whole project, the adventure and risk and fun of it all, the Big Top feel of this huge band working every night without a net. We've certainly gotten our fair share of thrills and chills.

Stay tuned for next leg dates as soon as they're announced... and in the meantime, don't forget you can watch a song from every show of this now-completed U.S. leg at AOL's 18 Nights of [url=Brucehttp://music.aol.com/photo-galleries/18-nights-bruce-springsteen-seeger-tour]Brucehttp://music.aol.com/photo-galleri ... eeger-tour[/url]

theyve got " when the saints go marching in " from the final show last night .
    platessmall.jpg
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Thanks Bathgate for all these nice writeups. The Saratoga show was so nice (but as you experienced, we were almost the only people standing in our balcony section!) I may try to catch another show on his next swing through the states. LOL on his kids being 'afraid of the horn section' - I can hear him saying that.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    Thanks Bathgate for all these nice writeups.

hey i cannot take the credit from http://www.backstreets.com .

I only like to share the info w / fellow fanatics like myself.

the aol clips are fantastic- especially if you attended one of the shows- checkem out !
    platessmall.jpg
    nice story i found over at the BTX boards.

BossTime wrote :

I'm shocked that no one else mentioned this by now. (Maybe all the BTX-ers were still partying it up out in the parking lot? )

About 90 minutes before Bruce and the SSB finally took the stage last night (about 10 mins after the PNC gates opened), the man himself calmly strolled out onto the stage. At this point, there were probably only 20-30 folks in the seating bowl. He seemed to just be taking a look around, perhaps taking it all in before the final US show of this tour.

(Oh, and for the ladies...My female friend - attending her first Bruce concert, btw - noted that he was wearing a black tank top and tight pants with one leg tucked into his boot, the other untucked. This annoyed the hell outta my friend who asked, "Doesn't Patti dress him before he leaves the house?" )

Though I recognized him immediately, I refrained from yelling out "Bruuuuce" (cause really, you gotta save that for the show!), though the three people in front of me yelled "hi" and waved and got a wave back along with a HUGE smile from Bruce. There was no "stage rush", though a few people who were already standing up front got some hearty handshakes and a few words with the Boss. (Though I didn't want to be a hero-worshiping fan, in retorspect I do wish I had gone up there - I was only 17 rows back - if for no other reason than to personally request "Bring 'em Home" which he didn't play either in Camden or last night... but oh well!)

He reappeared again a few minutes later, this time with Evan and another kid (maybe Tyler? - looked to be about the same age as Evan). This was a Brucified "Field of Dreams", father-son musical moment for the ages. Evan was wearing Bruce's sport-coat (WAY too big for him) as Bruce took his son and his friend around the stage, showing them many of the instruments already set-up and ready to go for the SSB. Evan and Bruce were having a blast up there. When Even picked up the morocas, I wondered for just one second if we were gonna get another "family and friends" performance a la "Santa" in Trenton on 11/22/05. (That, of course, didn't happen... though we did get "Long Time Comin" with all of Bruce's kids in the house last night.) Then, Bruce disappeared backstage for a moment. When he came back, Bruce Springsteen had a camera in-hand, snapping pics of someone else for a change , clearly so happy to be sharing such a special father-son moment with Evan.

Of course by this point, more people had figured out he was there (though not nearly as many as I might have thought), so a good throng of folks were lining up in front of the stage yelling for/at Bruce. With that huge smile still plastered on his face, Bruce charitably interrupted this personal moment to come over and shake some more hands. Though it was kinda sad to see his father-son moment come to an end, a LOT of the people meeting Bruce were kids (ranging in age maybe from 5 to 15 or so). You can bet they'll be fans for life if they weren't already.

I'm definitely NOT the kinda fan who cares about/wants to invade Bruce's family life. But in this rarest of rare moments, it was just so cool to catch a glimpse of Bruce Springsteen as FATHER, rather than "The Boss." Somewhere on the spectrum between "The Boss", the performer and his public face and "Bruce," who hits Gadren State strip clubs on occasion (as per Storytellers ), there is Bruce Springsteen the father. Based on the unmistakable love, joy, and pride that myself and a few other lucky early-arrivers caught a glimpse of last night, I'm happy to report that Bruce the father comes down way towards the positive end of that spectrum.
    platessmall.jpg
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1670720&referer=http%3A//music.aol.com/photo-galleries/18-nights-bruce-springsteen-seeger-tour

this is just crazy
    " the man on the trapeze "
    platessmall.jpg
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1670720&referer=http%3A//music.aol.com/photo-galleries/18-nights-bruce-springsteen-seeger-tour

this is just crazy
    " the man on the trapeze "

Ha! That was good.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
    bathgate- thanks for this excellent thread, and the little write ups you did, what a great way to relive the tour! Im hoping Bruce keeps it going with the Seeger sessions band all the way to headlining Bonnaroo next June, here Im crossing my fingers...
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    bathgate- thanks for this excellent thread, and the little write ups you did, what a great way to relive the tour! Im hoping Bruce keeps it going with the Seeger sessions band all the way to headlining Bonnaroo next June, here Im crossing my fingers...

Hey i only jumped on the bandwagon- Low Light is the originator- thanks to him( her ) .

and again, i only copy / pasted much of the write ups from http://www.backstreets.com, so i cannot plaguerize and take credit .

As far as a return ( for or not for Bonnaroo ) I believe it is just a question of when .

There are reports and rumblings that there will be 2 more rehearsal shows at Convention Hall in Asbury Park New Jersey in late Sept. I guess Bruce wants to take the summer off to be with his kids . Then there is another Leg planned for Europe, then the US again afterwards .

As far as the rehearsal shows in Asbury,anyone whos able to get tix (even scalp- theyre tough tickets )I suggest you run dont walk---- You'll see the legend like you've never seen him before, even if he plays the spoons for 2 1/2 hours ! These shows are always momentous !

best of luck

stay tuned,....
    platessmall.jpg
    from http://www.backstreets.com

LUCK OF THE IRISH!
    Seeger Sessions tour to hit Dublin, Belfast, in November
    Just a few days after the end of the U.S. leg, and Bruce is already making good on his "See you in the fall!" promise to Europe. The first announced shows are three on Ticketmaster.ie: a return to The Point in Dublin with two shows, November 17 and 18, and a stop in Belfast on November 21. Tickets go on sale next week, on Wednesday, July 5. See our Tour/Ticket Info page for details, times, and links... and more dates as they come in!
    -June 28, 2006
    platessmall.jpg
    from http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

STUFF RUNNING 'ROUND OUR HEAD: JULY 4 EDITION
    A news roundup for the holiday weekend...

* Look for Bruce on the cover of Guitar World Acoustic, the August 2006 issue, featuring an article by David Corn and music for six Seeger Sessions tunes.
    * With Springsteen not going to Australia this time around, Australia came to him -- Sean Sennett had a chat with Bruce in L.A. before the Tonight Show taping, published today in Queensland's Courier-Mail. Springsteen talks folk music, FEMA, and the genesis of his "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?": "Jon Landau, my manager, sent me a tape of Ry Cooder doing the song, and I just liked it musically. He kind of sang the Blind Alfred Reed lyric, but for me there was a place to make it more current." Read the full article here.
    * VCR Alert: More details on the Great Performances airing of the St. Lukes London performance: while most PBS stations will be airing it the week of July 12, look for early showings to coincide with the July 4 holiday from New York's WNET, Philadelphia's WHYY, Los Angeles' KCET (that's their program guide pictured at right), and Boston's WGBH, with their first broadcast tonight at 9 p.m. Check your local listings.
    And also note: the PBS American Masters program on Woody Guthrie, which Great Performances will be paired with on many stations, also features an interview with Bruce.
    * Ticket Alert: Don't forget, tickets for the November Dublin and Belfast shows go on sale bright and early on the 5th! No more European dates have been announced yet, but there's plenty of buzz of shows to come in Germany, Spain, Italy and more in October and November... we'll keep you posted as they're confirmed.
    * And as always, see our Out on the Wire column for more recent news, notes, and links.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day!
    -July 1, 2006
    platessmall.jpg
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Just wondering what you guys think about it?? I love it, it's really different than any other Bruce album. Can't wait to see him live this summer.

I like it. It's really upbeat. Mrs McGrath's a good un. It's different from his other stuff. Still can't beat Nebraska though. And The Ghost Of Tom Joad comes 2nd.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I like it. It's really upbeat. Mrs McGrath's a good un. It's different from his other stuff. Still can't beat Nebraska though. And The Ghost Of Tom Joad comes 2nd.

Bruce is on his way back across the pond - you should see this show live if given the chance.He's taking off the summer to be with his family, but then heading to Europe around Sept, Oct , Nov .

you will not be disappointed .
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.backstreets.com

Tour/Ticket Info

The Seeger Sessions Tour will continue in the fall:
    European date announcements have begun!

See below for links, on-sale dates and other details as we know them. Don't forget to check the onsale links and venue websites (linked below) before the sale for any additional rules, sale info, etc.!

All times are local times for each city.

Date Venue City On Sale
    Oct 12 Color Line Arena Hamburg, GER now
    Nov 6 Kölnarena
    Cologne, GER now
    Nov 7 Sportpaleis Antwerp, BEL 7/7, 9 a.m.
    Nov 17 The Point Dublin, IRL 7/5, 9 a.m.
    Nov 18 The Point Dublin, IRL 7/5, 9 a.m.
    Nov 21 The Odyssey Belfast, NIR 7/5, 9 a.m.

Please note: Backstreets does not sell tickets, and cannot advise as to the best method of obtaining them. We'll provide as much information and links on this page as possible to help inform fans as to what shows go on sale when, and how. If you don't get lucky when tickets go on sale, or if you have extra tickets that you'd like to get in the hands of other fans (by trade, or for face value), please check out BTX: The Backstreets Ticket Exchange. We established these scalping-free message boards to help fans help each other get in the door. Please read the policies and instructions on BTX carefully and make sure you're posting in the proper forum to help keep things running smoothly, and we hope it helps!
    platessmall.jpg