New Silverchair

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    where'd you hear this? i was afraid ym wouldnt get released here at all... i feel less guilty about downloading it now :)

I can't remember where I read it, I'll look around and see if I can find it but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I read it.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I can't remember where I read it, I'll look around and see if I can find it but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I read it.

cool. im hoping they're here and play lollapalooza... give them a chance to remind people what an amazing band they still are.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    cool. im hoping they're here and play lollapalooza... give them a chance to remind people what an amazing band they still are.

i dont see them playing Lolla, but I think Summerfest is likely. I would love either or both, but not as much as a Silverchair-only show.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    this has got to be one of the best albums ive listened to in a long while. great production..and songwriting..

"if you keep losing sleep" and "those thieving birds" are definitely class songs...not radio material but the different dimensions they bring to the tracks are too good!
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
    thought i'd bump this since they're on the lolla line up. for those curious to hear what the band has been up to since they were teenage grunge acolytes :)

has anyone seen them live since the album dropped? my gf isn't too familiar with silverchair, so im making her a mix of their tunes and want it to be heavy on songs they might actually play.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    thought i'd bump this since they're on the lolla line up. for those curious to hear what the band has been up to since they were teenage grunge acolytes :)

has anyone seen them live since the album dropped? my gf isn't too familiar with silverchair, so im making her a mix of their tunes and want it to be heavy on songs they might actually play.
    Across the the night , Tuna in the Brine, there's some classics
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013

So do u like the new album ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,245

i don't have the new cd yet i did download abunch of their music that i really like alot, from the new cd i really like the single STRAIGHT LINE ....you stated that they really don't play older material to much ?? is that true....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    i don't have the new cd yet i did download abunch of their music that i really like alot, from the new cd i really like the single STRAIGHT LINE ....you stated that they really don't play older material to much ?? is that true....
    Not from the first 2 albums
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Not from the first 2 albums
    so they don't play "ACID RAIN ,MASSACRE ,SUICIDAL DREAMS ,etc i don't know to much of their material are these songs from the first 2 cd's ??
  • Silverchair almost done with their 5th album. Its gonna be called Young Modern. Anyone hear any new stuff yet? They've played a few shows.
    I think there is a video clip from them making their new video too.

ohh... and what they F happened to Daniels eyes. In the new pics he has 2 black eyes. He get roughed up?

Wow are these guys still around? You learn something every day.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    so they don't play "ACID RAIN ,MASSACRE ,SUICIDAL DREAMS ,etc i don't know to much of their material are these songs from the first 2 cd's ??
    I'm not sure about Acid Rain, but the other songs u mention are off Frog Stomp
    "Israel's Son" – 5:18
    "Tomorrow" – 4:26
    "Faultline" – 4:19
    "Pure Massacre" – 4:58
    "Shade" – 4:01
    "Leave Me Out" – 3:03
    "Suicidal Dream" – 3:12
    "Madman" – 2:43
    "Undecided" – 4:36
    "Cicada" – 4:29
    "Findaway" – 2:56
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    They have a news item on their website about their live album from 2003's Diorama tour being available on iTunes.

I'm not seeing it, is this Australian iTunes only?
    mulva9 wrote:
    They have a news item on their website about their live album from 2003's Diorama tour being available on iTunes.

I'm not seeing it, is this Australian iTunes only?
    What's the live album called
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I'm not sure about Acid Rain, but the other songs u mention are off Frog Stomp
    "Israel's Son" – 5:18
    "Tomorrow" – 4:26
    "Faultline" – 4:19
    "Pure Massacre" – 4:58
    "Shade" – 4:01
    "Leave Me Out" – 3:03
    "Suicidal Dream" – 3:12
    "Madman" – 2:43
    "Undecided" – 4:36
    "Cicada" – 4:29
    "Findaway" – 2:56
    no matter what they do play i'm looking forward to seeing them live more than any other band at PALLOZA except PJ off course ........
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i didn´t knew they are still around...just heard they new song and wow really good !!!
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    I didn't know they still played, either. Hmmmm.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    1995 Frogstomp
    1997 Freak Show
    1999 Neon Ballroom
    2000 The Best Of Vol.1 15 29
    Rarities 1994 - 1999
    2002 Diorama
    2003 Live from Faraway Stables
    2007 Young Modern
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • after seeing them at the kool haus a few months back I won't waste my time at lolla, don't like their new stuff whatsoever
    I have the Live from Faraway Stables, it's really good. Disc one is a mellow set, and disc two is all balls. PM me if you are interested and I can get it to you on Monday.
    kenshunt wrote:
    Across the the night , Tuna in the Brine, there's some classics

that's kinda what i figured. i know they like to close with lever a lot too.

and yeah, im a big fan of the new album! it's another change of pace for them, parts of it are kinda weird and surprising, but i really enjoy it. they never fail to impress me with how they keep growing and evolving.

i've been hoping to stumble across a cd copy of live from faraway stables for ages... it's so expensive to import and i dont like just downloading stuff.

any chance they might play paint pastel princess? that song was awesome when i saw them years ago...
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    I love Diorama, might be my favorite album of all time.

I've listened to Young Modern about 100 times since I got. Has not left my CD player. I really love All Across the World. Mind Reader, Low, Waiting All Day, Straight Lines, and Man Who Knew Too Much are also major highlights. Actually, the whole album is great.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
    To everyone awaiting the "Life From Faraway Stables", it is uploading right now. I know I told you all I would have it up yesterday, but I was under the weather yesterday so I beg for your mercy.

If anyone feels generous and wants to upload the studio versions of "Asylum" and "Pins In My Needles" I would very much appreciate it.
    To everyone awaiting the "Life From Faraway Stables", it is uploading right now. I know I told you all I would have it up yesterday, but I was under the weather yesterday so I beg for your mercy.

If anyone feels generous and wants to upload the studio versions of "Asylum" and "Pins In My Needles" I would very much appreciate it.
    so what day do you think they will play at lolla and shouldn't they get to close out one of the nights i mean they are coming here from OZ ....
    so what day do you think they will play at lolla and shouldn't they get to close out one of the nights i mean they are coming here from OZ ....

I really hope they play on Sunday, the same day as PJ. I have yet to see Silverchair live and would love to see them. I don't think they will be coming to St. Louis so Lollapalooza is my only real shot of seeing them.

I have a feeling 90% of what they play will be songs from the last three albums sessions. They will probably throw in Freak or Israels Son for the fans of that era.
    I really hope they play on Sunday, the same day as PJ. I have yet to see Silverchair live and would love to see them. I don't think they will be coming to St. Louis so Lollapalooza is my only real shot of seeing them.

I have a feeling 90% of what they play will be songs from the last three albums sessions. They will probably throw in Freak or Israels Son for the fans of that era.

that's what im expecting. i rather doubt we will hear more than one song from the first 2 albums. and im cool with that. though i do hope they play tomorrow. not becos im dying to hear it (i heard it last time i saw them) but becos i can already hear the drunk fratboys walking away saying how much silverchair sucks becos they they didn't play tomorrow. i think it's the only way they could appease the crowd. then they can play all of diorama ;)

id also be shocked if they get to close one night. id love it, but they're listed in the second tier of bands, so i dont see them being in contention for a closing spot.

and you kick ass for putting of that live ablum... ive wanted to hear it for ages!
    that's what im expecting. i rather doubt we will hear more than one song from the first 2 albums. and im cool with that. though i do hope they play tomorrow. not becos im dying to hear it (i heard it last time i saw them) but becos i can already hear the drunk fratboys walking away saying how much silverchair sucks becos they they didn't play tomorrow. i think it's the only way they could appease the crowd. then they can play all of diorama ;)

id also be shocked if they get to close one night. id love it, but they're listed in the second tier of bands, so i dont see them being in contention for a closing spot.

and you kick ass for putting of that live ablum... ive wanted to hear it for ages!

I'm with you on this one. I would be all for Diorama beginning to end. I don't know the last time they played "Tomorrow" but I know it has been a while.

soulsinging, you don't know anyone w/ the b-sides to Diorama do you. I'm literally willing to pay lord knows how much to get it imported rom Australia. I'm trying to avoid that if possible. Once you hear "aslylum" from the live CD you will be the same way
    I'm with you on this one. I would be all for Diorama beginning to end. I don't know the last time they played "Tomorrow" but I know it has been a while.

soulsinging, you don't know anyone w/ the b-sides to Diorama do you. I'm literally willing to pay lord knows how much to get it imported rom Australia. I'm trying to avoid that if possible. Once you hear "aslylum" from the live CD you will be the same way
    yeah iv'e never seen them so what ever they play is fine with me but it would be nice to hear "tomorrow" and soulsingin is correct just to shut the frat boys up i hope they play the song ......all i've been listening to is SILVERCHAIR now for the past month can't get enough, by the way what is the name of the song that starts out with the words "got a picture deal thrown it all away i'm not sure how i'm supposed to feel " man this song is incredible ??
    yeah iv'e never seen them so what ever they play is fine with me but it would be nice to hear "tomorrow" and soulsingin is correct just to shut the frat boys up i hope they play the song ......all i've been listening to is SILVERCHAIR now for the past month can't get enough, by the way what is the name of the song that starts out with the words "got a picture deal thrown it all away i'm not sure how i'm supposed to feel " man this song is incredible ??

You're thinking of "Miss You Love" from the Neon Ballroom album.

Here it is...

Live From Faraway Stables: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YZ63T2H1

anyone that wants to contribute the Diorama b-sides as a trade would be much appreciated.
    You're thinking of "Miss You Love" from the Neon Ballroom album.

Here it is...

Live From Faraway Stables: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YZ63T2H1

anyone that wants to contribute the Diorama b-sides as a trade would be much appreciated.
    yeah that's the song i can't stop listening to it freaking incredible anyway will try to download the show you posted when i get home from work i hope i can get it done might need your help since i'm a computer retard thanks dude you rock........oh do you thing this would be one song we might get to hear at lolla ......it's weird as soon as i started to listen to this band i thought man they would be great at lolla and when i saw the lineup i freaked can't wait for that weekend.......thanks ...