New Silverchair

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Silverchair almost done with their 5th album. Its gonna be called Young Modern. Anyone hear any new stuff yet? They've played a few shows.
I think there is a video clip from them making their new video too.

ohh... and what they F happened to Daniels eyes. In the new pics he has 2 black eyes. He get roughed up?
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw them at the start of the month headling Homebake (an ausse music festival) and they played a few new songs. They are a lot more upbeat then their previous work.

I found some videos of them but it is on my home computer (I am at work now.. working very hard :) ) so I can link you to them later
  • oh man!

if you find any of their new stuff anywhere, post it here!

i can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeve this time around. i love love love them.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Hey, aren't they playing in Newcastle, Australia this New Years Eve?
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• E.K wrote:
    Hey, aren't they playing in Newcastle, Australia this New Years Eve?
    Yes hometown show!
    Also some of their new songs/videos from the homebake show are on youtube
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Diorama is a grossly underrated album. Most Americans are only familiar with the "grunge" Silverchair. On diorama, they impressed the hell out of me.

Though I'm sure that working with Van dyke Parks tends to raise ones game considerably. :)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    im more excited about this album than any new album of 07. they always deliver and never fail to surprise me with how they have grown and matured.
  • yer cant wait, long time in between drinks, really hope it is an excellent album
  • Wow i forgot all about Silverchair. Just dug through some stuff so I could put on Frogstomp all morning. Thanks
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    FROGstomp was a good album but its follow up was a big dissapointment
  • The first two chords of the last song sound like SOLAT in a different key.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    fada wrote:
    FROGstomp was a good album but its follow up was a big dissapointment

freak show was their weakest album id say. but the two after that are simply incredible.
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    How do you all like Silverchair? They are a joke of the highest order. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • BUENA wrote:
    How do you all like Silverchair? They are a joke of the highest order. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

give neon ballroom and diorama another chance. those two records are simply amazing. you should be ashamed for not liking them.
  • BUENA wrote:

you will eat those words when the new album comes out. daniel johns is a hell of a songwriter. they might have started out as a joke(which wasn't fair, but they were 14 years old at the time). but their last 2 records, neon ballroom, and especially diorama, were exceptional. you haven't heard the last of them, by far. there's something special about these guys. even bono has said of them that it would be worth swimming across the ocean to see them live.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I love the song "Tuna in the Brine" it is excellent. I haven't liked anything else I hear by them (regardless of time period) all that much.
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • really excited about this new album. its been far to long!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    BUENA wrote:

im guessing the last silverchair song you heard was tomorrow...
  • anyone know what happened to daniels eyes?
    he get roughed up???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    New song "Straight Lines" is up on their myspace. http://www.myspace.com/silverchair

I love this band. I think this new album is going to be a good one. I'm just pissed I missed out on the Bowery shows.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Freak album has some good songs ´freak, abuse me and cemetery´, just is not as great as frogstomp or neon ballroom...

any people including me are waiting for their new album, i really hope they don´t come with a new image like those emos for gain new teenagersaudiences ´´afi,green day,etx´´...
    anyone know what happened to daniels eyes?
    he get roughed up???

he usually wears eyeliner and whatnot. that's probably what you're seeing. he's kind of a strange cookie, but a great writer.

can i hear their song on myspace even without being a member?
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    he usually wears eyeliner and whatnot. that's probably what you're seeing. he's kind of a strange cookie, but a great writer.

can i hear their song on myspace even without being a member?

Yea, you don't need to be a member. Just follow the link.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm loving the new song. I'm seeing them on the 13th in NYC and am pretty excited. I caught them a few years ago when they played Bowery Ballroom in NYC for their very very very short Diorama tour.
  • i didn't even realize they were still around. i don't keep up with music news at all except for a few bands.

i was obsessed with neon ballroom. excellent stuff.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    simply...F-U-C-K-I-N' C-O-O-L !!! After Diorama I cannot imagine they can reach another top of their carreer but they have always proved their talent...so I am optimistic!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Listening to it right now. Straight Lines is awesome! I've heard Mind Reader and Young Modern too. Both are very good songs.

Anyone going to see them in New York or LA? I got tickets to the Webster Hall show on February 13th. I can't wait. Never seen them live before.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • that new song is sweet! when is the album coming out?
  • i was at homebake too! what a great day that was. somehow i was lucky enough to not only be in australia when pearl jamw as touring, but also to be there when silverchair played a show after being idle for several years. now im seeing them twice in toronto in a few weeks.

straight lines is great. i cant wait for the rest of this album. when one of your favourite bands releases an album once every 5 years, you get VERY excited for them.
    i heard the album wont get released in north america for a little while after its aussie release date cause they dont have a label over here yet. the album is released in australia march 31st.ill probably just order an import somewhere and get it as soon as possible.

i have a feeling this album will get picked up by a north american record label and make them popular over here again. i never understood why they lost all their popularity here. so many people think they broke up after neon ballroom. too bad for them cause diorama was incredible.

if anyone wants to hear a great new track, go to youtube and search "if you keep losing sleep".

...oh, and im pretty sure dan's eyes are black for the photoshoot.
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    that new song is sweet! when is the album coming out?

March 31st in Austrailia. They are playing the NY and LA shows to solidify a record deal in North America. Apparently, a bunch of record companies will be at the show. Hopefully, they will sign a deal quick and we won't have to wait for a long time for Young Modern.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16