New Silverchair

Comments

• Just heard the new song then, its really good!!! Cant wait for the new album :)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that new single is fantastic. i like all teh tunes ive heard so far. this is gonna be one hell of an album.

my only quibble is the video... just kinda weird.
  • I listened to the song this morning and to be honest it did nothing for me at all. But I did listen to it a few more times a little later (on better quality speakers) and its not a bad song.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Didnt like their last album at all but ill probably buy this one to see what its like.

EDIT : Umm, scrub that. I just heard the new song on youtube, its fucking awful, lol, sorry.
  • I am so pumped for this album, Straight Lines is quite the tune. I'm really digging it. I really hope they can make a comeback in the US, Diorama was far too good not to be a hit here
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    On their website it mentions they are aiming at June/July for a North American release.
  • mulva9 wrote:
    On their website it mentions they are aiming at June/July for a North American release.

thank God we have the internet to leak it in March or April, I don't really feel like waiting that long
    thank God we have the internet to leak it in March or April, I don't really feel like waiting that long

no kidding. i wonder if they'll tour the us at all? id love to see them again. if so, you could probly pick up a copy at the show.
  • no kidding. i wonder if they'll tour the us at all? id love to see them again. if so, you could probly pick up a copy at the show.

Are they touring all out again? I wasn't sure because of Daniels health if he could still tour
    Are they touring all out again? I wasn't sure because of Daniels health if he could still tour

I think so. I've heard some rumors that they'll be touring the states again.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like the new song. i'll probably end up importing the record if the north american release date is long after the aus release.
  • saw silverchair in 97 and 99.they killed. always been a big fan. i must admit, i got a little lost through neon ballroom and diorama, but it might have been my tastes at the time, maybe ill go over to my shelf and pop them in, give em another shot. in any case i will always be excited about a new silverchair record...great news

DEFINATELY not how i remember him: http://www.undercover.com.au/pics/silverchair_daniel0105a.jpg
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • saw silverchair in 97 and 99.they killed. always been a big fan. i must admit, i got a little lost through neon ballroom and diorama, but it might have been my tastes at the time, maybe ill go over to my shelf and pop them in, give em another shot. in any case i will always be excited about a new silverchair record...great news

DEFINATELY not how i remember him: http://www.undercover.com.au/pics/silverchair_daniel0105a.jpg

lol. No one ever said Danile was normal, he's quite the odd duck
    lol. No one ever said Danile was normal, he's quite the odd duck

And he has quite the hot wife.
  • Daniel Johns is fucking amazing.
  • I must admit that I enjoyed Diorama. I was pleasantly surprised about the maturity of the band since I hadn't heard them since Frogstomp. Hopefully the new album continues in that evolutionary path.
  • This new song is amazing! Great work from the lads from Down Under.

Got my tickets to see them on 2/13 @ Webster Hall. I've never seen them live before and I'm most definitely looking forward to it. :)
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • This new song is amazing! Great work from the lads from Down Under.

Got my tickets to see them on 2/13 @ Webster Hall. I've never seen them live before and I'm most definitely looking forward to it. :)

I remember a friend of mine saw them in high school and said he was surprised about how "metal" they were...but this was the frogstomp era circa 1996. i know they have changed a lot since them and would be interested in hearing what their new sound is all about
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I really liked them when they first came out. Gonna give it a look. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    I remember a friend of mine saw them in high school and said he was surprised about how "metal" they were...but this was the frogstomp era circa 1996. i know they have changed a lot since them and would be interested in hearing what their new sound is all about

i saw them on the neon ballroom tour and they still rocked out pretty hard. it was fantastic.
  • Love the new song, Daniel looks like hell though.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • they still can rock pretty hard. even the songs from diorama sound a lot heavier when played live, and also songs like the lever are still pretty heavy songs in general.

its nice to see people still care about them here, even though thay have been almost non-existent in north america lately.

im also lucky to live in toronto, one of the 3 north american cities that got silverchair shows this year, and also the last time they toured north america. im pretty sure they will be back for a full north american tour this time around though. maybe in the summer/fall.
  • BritneyJam wrote:
    they still can rock pretty hard. even the songs from diorama sound a lot heavier when played live, and also songs like the lever are still pretty heavy songs in general.

its nice to see people still care about them here, even though thay have been almost non-existent in north america lately.

im also lucky to live in toronto, one of the 3 north american cities that got silverchair shows this year, and also the last time they toured north america. im pretty sure they will be back for a full north american tour this time around though. maybe in the summer/fall.

hey, do you know what the deal is for the thursday night show in TO? I was thinking about driving up, even though i don't have tickets. It looks like they're setting up an enclosed tent in the streets, so I am assuming I could just hang around outside and listen to the show
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • i have no idea whats going on. your best bet would be to buy some tickets to the kool haus show on ebay or something. after the first show sold out so fast, tickets on ebay were selling for like $150 each, so when they added the 2nd show, all kinds of scalpers bought tickets and now they all have too many and the prices are very decent.

you could probably hear the show from outside the tent though if you really wanted to. but i havent seen the tent, so i dont know for sure.
  • I hope iTunes sells this new song soon! It's been stuck in my head all day.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • BritneyJam wrote:
    i have no idea whats going on. your best bet would be to buy some tickets to the kool haus show on ebay or something. after the first show sold out so fast, tickets on ebay were selling for like $150 each, so when they added the 2nd show, all kinds of scalpers bought tickets and now they all have too many and the prices are very decent.

you could probably hear the show from outside the tent though if you really wanted to. but i havent seen the tent, so i dont know for sure.

thanks, i've been thinking about the kool haus show too, but eithe way it's a great excuse to go to to for the night
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I have heard their new single and I have to say although i loved diorama their new song is not that good...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I think Frogstomp is a great album, if a little simplistic... never really got into any of their albums after that. Anyway, my reason for posting is a rather odd story - I once had a phonecall conversion with an Aussie girl called Melissa, who was either a) John's girlfriend or b) his best friend when they were younger... this was back in about 96 / 97 when she still knew him well. I think she's thanked in one of their album's liner notes, although I've only got Frogstomp and she's not in that so I'm not sure which one. It was a slightly surreal conversation across the world, and I can't for the life of me remember what we talked about.
  • The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!