Options

Got My Beacon Tickets!

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    i just tried....but i got passed on to voicemail. :o called back again, VERY nice girl answering the phone, but apparently only one person is in charge of tickets. damnnn.....she's probably at lunch. hahaha. i soooo want to get in! it is worth it for such a show, and truly, GREAt organization, 100% of donations go to the NEED, none to organizational costs, etc....so that's a BEAUTIFUL thing. pearl jam.....beacon theatre...for a NYC charity..........no brainer! :p now i just need to get tickets!!!

I agree 100%. You'll get them...just don't give up.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Let the person in charge of tickets call you back! :)

I've been waiting over an hour for a return on my call, but I know if I keep calling its just going to keep jamming this stuff up...
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    What number are you calling? I just called and was told that if you want to buy tickets over the phone you have to call ticketmaster? Is that who you are calling?
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

i won't. i am a NYer afterall. ;)
    thank bejeebus sloooowwww workday...i can call every hour if need be. i'll give her time to get back in the office and return my call, but in time, you BET i will call back!

tickets MUST be purchased thru robin hood, i don't know who you're calling. call robin hood DIRECT, # is on their website.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Jeremy8564Jeremy8564 Posts: 8
    I needed a mental health day from work...I didn't realize I would be getting tickets to see what will probably be the East Coast equivalent of Benaroya...and it's for a good cause...

Oh fyi for all...I asked the main operator about why the event hasn't been promoted and she said that they do not usually promote full scale for events like these...so I too am wondering why ten club is not announcing...except my only logical conclusion is they wanted to let Robin Hood members in on it first since they have a history of donating...

Well now I have a history of donating, seeing six shows this tour and if my calculations are correct...the Beacon Theater show will be my 20th show...I could not think of a better way to celebrate...

oh and to everyone that keeps getting the voicemail of doom from the lovely lady selling the tickets...just call back...I got through pretty quickly and was not stuck on hold for the operator forever...it's just luck of the draw I guess...my one suggestion is to donate first, though they will take your order and allow you 24 hours to donate and once they verify your donation you get your order processed
    PJ
    2000: Camden 2; 2003: Philly Spectrum, Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1&2;
    2004: Reading, VFC; 2005: Borgata 1; 2006: Camden 1&2,
    E. Rutherford 1&2, Gorge 1&2; 2008: Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2,
    Beacon Theater; 2009:Spectrum 2, 3, 4; 2010: MSG 1&2

EV
    8/7/08 Newark NJPAC
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,400
    hey i have a message for everyone ...

if it wasn't for NY PJ1 telling everyone about this show we would of just found out about this show today, so again J thanks for the heads up on this so mods how about uplifting the bann on him ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

if it wasn't for NY PJ1 telling everyone about this show we would of just found out about this show today, so again J thanks for the heads up on this so mods how about uplifting the bann on him ....

I totally agree! NY PJ1 is an honorable dude
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    dont know why the ten club didnt announce it, the lady lucy told me about it a month ago, and to call today, i was informed of the show in January
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options

huh?

i knew about this show from another source long before then...had been asked to keep it quiet, so i did. knowing about this show back in january has not made a shit of difference at all. others have mentioned it as well. not to discount ANYone sharing information...just sayin'. even if i just found out about this today, would've worked. knoing i can try for tickets - thanks to THIS thread by possimists - lot more helpful imo.

that said....i had no idea J was gone. i thought he was away on vacation. :o

i just dislike when people look for 'props'. you share information, thank you and very nice. always great to help out fellow jammers. but looking for 'credit'...just ain't my thang.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I didnt even know he was banned, just thought he hasnt been around.. what happenned?

Good guy.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

Js been banned ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173
    drsluggo wrote:
    Is there a quicker/cheaper way to get from Boston to NY and back without driving?

Right now we're flying into Boston for the Hartford and 2 Boston shows... I'm not sure hwo easy 8+ hours of driving will be to get to and from this show...

Any thoughts?

There’s cheap bus service from Boston to NYC and vice versa. Try Bolt Bus (free Wifi), Fung Wah, Lucky Star or Sunshine Travel. It’s cheap and technically, you’re not driving. The show is on a Tuesday, so you shouldn’t hit that much traffic. Just leave Boston early in the day.

You could also try Amtrak. Yes, it can be pricy, but Frommers recently posted a list of discount codes. Here are the ones valid for the Northeast:

- Code V856 will get you 20% off the price of tickets anywhere in the heavily traveled Washington-Boston corridor, including trains to Philadelphia, New York and all points in between. You just have to book regional trains (not Acelas) and book three days in advance. This code is good for trips at least through Dec. 13.

- Couples get a bigger discount by using V454, which offers 50% off a second ticket (in other words, 25% per person.) That code is valid for travel through Dec. 10, with the same restrictions as the one above.
  • Options
    back on topic:

anyone actually get thru/ order tickets since noon? just checkin'. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Do we know that he was banned for this heads up?
    If so that's some pretty bad moderating in my opinion. That sounds a bit like AT&T action form lollapalooza if you ask me. Someone says something you don't like and get the news out on a show, and what seems to me to get a whole lot of cash to a good organization and you ban him? Very nice!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,400
    huh?

i knew about this show from another source long before then...had been asked to keep it quiet, so i did. knowing about this show back in january has not made a shit of difference at all. others have mentioned it as well. not to discount ANYone sharing information...just sayin'. even if i just found out about this today, would've worked. knoing i can try for tickets - thanks to THIS thread by possimists - lot more helpful imo.

that said....i had no idea J was gone. i thought he was away on vacation. :o

i just dislike when people look for 'props'. you share information, thank you and very nice. always great to help out fellow jammers. but looking for 'credit'...just ain't my thang.

yeah me too i remember that other person posting also but about 3weeks ago is when we really knew it was for real anyway just passing the message like i'm passing on this show i also knew about the donating part of it all then but decided not to go thru it all i'm very satisfied with the shows i'm attending ..:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    yeah me too i remember that other person posting also but about 3weeks ago is when we really knew it was for real anyway just passing the message like i'm passing on this show i also knew about the donating part of it all then but decided not to go thru it all i'm very satisfied with the shows i'm attending ..:D

i am too....but i am always up for being even more satisfied. :D
    i just know a charity pearl jam gig.....at the beacon....in my city...to benefit charities in my city........it's just too good. the only way it could get better would be to be up front, but THAt is just crazy $$$ for me. the balcony shall suit me just fine. got the green light from hubby, so now all i need are tickets!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Did I miss an announcement?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I just read the whole thread and want to clarify here....it's $100 donation and after that you can buy up to 6 balcony tickets for $250 each?

And I can't believe NYPJ was banned. Total BS
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    i just called, and they put me through to a voicemail and i had to leave my name and # for tickets

seems weird...anyone else get through recently?
  • Options
    I just read the whole thread and want to clarify here....it's $100 donation and after that you can buy up to 6 balcony tickets for $250 each?

Yup, or if you're incredibly wealthy, you can buy seats closer up for a LOT more.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    blazedoutbeeblazedoutbee Posts: 239

What happened to NYPJ?
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    i just called, and they put me through to a voicemail and i had to leave my name and # for tickets

seems weird...anyone else get through recently?

i think the one and only staffer who is handling the tickets is more than likely at lunch. she will be hammered with voivemail upon her return! :p

i wish i had seen this thread before noon. now i am just hanging and waiting. hope i hear back before 2, when i usually go to lunch. :D

and yes....$100 donation and you can buy up to 6 tickets. price levels of $250, 350 and onwards........i think? they top at 2,500K. i don't remember now.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    smithnic wrote:
    Do we know that he was banned for this heads up?
    If so that's some pretty bad moderating in my opinion. That sounds a bit like AT&T action form lollapalooza if you ask me. Someone says something you don't like and get the news out on a show, and what seems to me to get a whole lot of cash to a good organization and you ban him? Very nice!

What ever happened to finding out the facts before rendering judgement?
    :)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I assumed you got it from the 10C sale, but if you got it from Klaussen or at the show you could fetch way more than that for it ...

:)

Yes, I got it from the Ten Club. I'm most likely going to hold on to it, though.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I just hope im clear on whats happenned. I should have donated days ago when i found out about this. She took my credit card info over the phone, and said she will call me back tomorrow..

Im just not sure if the tickets are reserved already, or does she wait till the donation is recieved to go ahead and reserve the tickets.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    i think the one and only staffer who is handling the tickets is more than likely at lunch. she will be hammered with voivemail upon her return! :p

i wish i had seen this thread before noon. now i am just hanging and waiting. hope i hear back before 2, when i usually go to lunch. :D

and yes....$100 donation and you can buy up to 6 tickets. price levels of $250, 350 and onwards........i think? they top at 2,500K. i don't remember now.

i called right after possimists first post. the girl that is handeling the ticket sales, Lucy, is a sweetheart! i told her to be prepared because she will be getting bombarded any second with phone calls. She found that funny.
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    I just hope im clear on whats happenned. I should have donated days ago when i found out about this. She took my credit card info over the phone, and said she will call me back tomorrow..

Im just not sure if the tickets are reserved already, or does she wait till the donation is recieved to go ahead and reserve the tickets.

I was told as long as they confirm that I made at least $100 donation, which will be done tomorrow morning, I'm in. She's supposed to call me tomorrow with final confirmation, and then the tickets will be mailed June 16th (I think she said)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    BissBiss Posts: 255
    Hi all,
    wil it be 250$ each ticket or a ticket pair?!?!?

Thanks!

Biss
    00: Milan
    06: Verona, Milan, Pistoia
    07: Storm in Venice, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    08: Camden I, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford
    09: Berlin, Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    11: East Troy1, East Troy2, Montreal, Toronto1, Toronto2

Next Tour: everywere!
  • Options
    MakeUSmile wrote:
    i called right after possimists first post. the girl that is handeling the ticket sales, Lucy, is a sweetheart! i told her to be prepared because she will be getting bombarded any second with phone calls. She found that funny.

yes...i called her....emailed her. :p we pj fans are a desperate lot.

the waiting drove me mad..............ack!

i soooo wish i saw this earlier and already secured tix. then again, i am happy i saw it at all, so at least a shot at some point i hope. :)

fyi: $250 EACH...on top of a $100 donation to become a member.
    can purchase up to 6 tickets, all under the $100 donation.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I was told as long as they confirm that I made at least $100 donation, which will be done tomorrow morning, I'm in. She's supposed to call me tomorrow with final confirmation, and then the tickets will be mailed June 16th (I think she said)

yup, thats basically what she told me. she also told me the phones were ringing off the hook lol.

what a great way to end the tour this will be.

she took ur c.c over the phone for the tickets, and you made the donation online.. correct?
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3