Options

Chicago EV Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Thats what I am hoping for! Gotta be one of the best if not THE!

BTW I have a really good memory and I think recognize your user name, didnt we talk via PM that we both know Justin who goes to ISU and I think his band is the 'Stone Descendants'? I think we are even cool enough to be Facebook friends
    ohhh yah thats right... i forgot who it was i had spoken to about that... im sure well meet up at the show or something... maybe take the FB "friends" to real friends :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ohhh yah thats right... i forgot who it was i had spoken to about that... im sure well meet up at the show or something... maybe take the FB "friends" to real friends :D

Im sure Ill see you at the Preparty! I think Justin has a house this year at ISU, so maybe Ill see you there as well? :D
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I will see you there and I will start looking for donations.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    irieinindy wrote:
    I will see you there and I will start looking for donations.
    Nice to see a fellow Indy native on the board....I wish they could come back to Indy sometime...it is costing so much more to travel to see them now
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Mr. Cateeto and I will definitely be there. Yay! Need any help? You know where to contact me :)
  • Options
    Im sure Ill see you at the Preparty! I think Justin has a house this year at ISU, so maybe Ill see you there as well? :D
    naw... we havent been friends since HS... ill leave it at that since im not sure how close you 2 are

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    naw... we havent been friends since HS... ill leave it at that since im not sure how close you 2 are

Yea I dont know him all too well either, just a friend of my suite mate and when he would come over he would play some songs on the guitar and talk PJ
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    sludawg13sludawg13 Posts: 63
    The Congress Hotel is right across the street from the Auditorium Theatre. There's a pretty sweet bar there.......I hung out there during Lollapalooza last year.
  • Options
    epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
    Night two for me! I'm so stoked for this, I've been craving a PJ meetup since the Vic!
    United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
    Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
    Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
    Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
    United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
  • Options
    epierce3 wrote:
    I'll be there for night 2! I'm seeing the show with sgossard3, can't say for sure he'll be there but there's a pretty good chance.
    ill go ahead and guarantee it :D

nvm... ya edited already... cant wait!

• Options
    epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ill go ahead and guarantee it :D

nvm... ya edited already... cant wait!
    Haha yeah I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice there were three pages of posts already, It's gonna be great, can't wait!
    United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
    Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
    Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
    Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
    United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817
    Ohhhhh.....all those other lucky bastards are going to both shows!! Such a minority I am! Also def thinking about a Smile and/or Wishlist foundation shirt, I hope that logo is as awesome in person!

the smile logo is so awesome I have it tattooed on my ankle! ;) and the Tidwell logo is the bomb
    I'm flying in Friday morning, so I should be able to make it!!

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Got ya down!
    We got shut out for 10c night 2 tickets so if we get them through tm we (Amy and I) will be there on Friday. If anyone has an extra pair let me know. We would love to help out. Will let you know after Friday if we are going to make the trip from St. Paul. Wish us luck!!

Terri

Yay!! It will be so awesome see you! :) Extra special good luck to you for TM then! Keep me posted and if it all works out I'll add you in as helpers :)
    lawguy wrote:
    I have been to most all those places. My personal opinion is Kaseys. It is not too big, but it is a nice laid back bar. It also has some sidewalk seating if the weather is nice. I recommend it. It is also the closest to the show I think.

The Hackneys has really good food if people are looking to eat though.

The 4th story bar on Plymouth is not that greagt. Bad service and over priced. However, the outdoor ambiance is nice.

Yeah.. I thought Kasey's looked cool, so I'll call and see what their capacity is.
    I'd probably be in for at least Thursday.

Plymouth is the best option out there so far, particularly if we think our group is in the 20-40 person range. If you include places a mile or so north the options multiply.

One idea that's sticking out is Rock Bottom Brewery, its just about a mile north of the Auditorium at State and Grand. It would be an easy walk and difficult to get lost due to its proximity to State Street, or a quick jump on the Red Line el train if it was raining. Lots of space on their rooftop deck and plenty of seating inside if weather isn't cooperating.

For the last EV fundraisers, I think we drew in around 60-80 people-ish. Is that Rock Bottom the one near House of Blues (or am I confused?) We'd definitely need a place that's within 5-10 minute walk, or we start losing people to whatever's local.

lawguy wrote:
    If it is a big group, then the bar Cactus might be a good option. It is a little bit west of the show, but not too far at all. Walking distance.

Google has Cactus at .04 mi W. How far of a walk would you say?

Maybe we need a July Chicago Fan Pub Crawl to determine which place to have it at!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I mean I'm down for this stuff I guess. I don't really know what to expect at a fundraiser, but I'm down for just hitting up a bar before hand and partying. I'm going to night 2 only.

I live about a 15-20 train ride from the venue. Straight down the redline.
    They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
    Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
    Who dat
    Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
    My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
  • Options
    I mean I'm down for this stuff I guess. I don't really know what to expect at a fundraiser, but I'm down for just hitting up a bar before hand and partying. I'm going to night 2 only.

I live about a 15-20 train ride from the venue. Straight down the redline.

Basically it's a big bar party where you're only a freak if you DON'T like Pearl Jam. Good times, great for meeting new friends locally and from all over the freakin place with some raffle tickets if you so choose to enter and a table w/some merch if so choose to donate. And me yelling over a mic for as little amount of time as possible :)

And there'll be lots who partake in the peace piping process :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    laur... most important part of the bar decision process... whichever one has a cool owner that will let me in as long as i behave... mmk? good

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Basically it's a big bar party where you're only a freak if you DON'T like Pearl Jam. Good times, great for meeting new friends locally and from all over the freakin place with some raffle tickets if you so choose to enter and a table w/some merch if so choose to donate. And me yelling over a mic for as little amount of time as possible :)

And there'll be lots who partake in the peace piping process :)
    Yep, just a good time and fun all the way around. :) Don't miss it!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Google has Cactus at .04 mi W. How far of a walk would you say?

Maybe we need a July Chicago Fan Pub Crawl to determine which place to have it at!! :)

It's probably 4-5 blocks, or a half mile almost directly west of the theater. Very easy walk (you'd get there quicker walking as opposed to driving).
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,083
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Sponsor: Wishlist Foundation

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there!

I will be there with my wife, can't wait to meet you all and PARTY!!!
    WOOOO HOOOO!
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    These are what Google recommends, in terms of distance:

Kasey's Tavern
    701 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL - (312) 427-7992 - 0.2 mi SW

Manhattan's Bar
    415 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL - (312) 957-0460 - 0.2 mi S

South Loop Club
    1 E Balbo Ave, Chicago, IL - (312) 427-2787 - 0.2 mi S

Hackney's Printers' Row
    733 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL - (312) 461-1116 - 0.2 mi SW

Millers Pub
    134 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL - (312) 263-4988 - 0.3 mi N

but I think something needs to be scoped out in person

South Loop Club was scoped out for the Lolla pre-party and it is too small and arranged oddly

i'm IN for a pub crawl to determine THE spot for the eV pre-party
    :D (drinks, did someone say drinks????)

AND i would like to donate an official 10c copy of the LIVE at THE GEORGE set.

ideas for beneficiary:
    chicago homeless coalition
    http://www.chicagohomeless.org/what
    or
    oldtown school of folk music (many programs for disadvantaged youth)
    http://www.oldtownschool.org/
    or
    Iraq veterans against the war
    http://ivaw.org/about
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    I wasn't able to get tix thru the 10c, so TM is my only hope. I can't afford $500-700 on StubHub or ebay. If I get tickets I would love to join the party!
  • Options
    loladog1loladog1 Posts: 92
    Let me know when, where the party is....I'll support this!
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    trying to help keep this on page 1 ;)
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Going through all my stuff again tonight to find out what I can bring to donate.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Wherever it is... I'll be there on Friday... Can't wait to meet all of you!!!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 340
    I'm In! Coming from Tampa!
  • Options
    Updated from the last bunch of posts!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    giantelmogiantelmo Nashville Posts: 24
    Flying in from Nashville Friday morning. No show ticket yet but hoping for TM tomorrow. Either way, I'm down for the pre show. Looking forward to meeting you all!
    JWK
    Ann Arbor 3/20/94, Auburn Hills 8/23/98, Auburn Hills 10/7/00, Clarkson 6/25/03, Boston 9/28/04, Hartford 5/13/06, Boston 5/24/06, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, Chicago 8/22/08 (EV), Nashville 6/17/09 (EV), Nashville 6/18/09 (EV), Memphis 6/20/09 (EV), Wrigley 7/19/13, ACL 10/5/14, Memphis 10/14/14, Lexington 4/26/16, Wrigley 8/20/16, Prague 7/1/18, Berlin 7/5/18, Fenway 9/2/18, Chicago 2/10/22 (EV), Nashville 9/16/22, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    yay for confirmation emails :)
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    luvistower wrote:
    yay for confirmation emails :)
    Yay! :D
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I will be at both nights party... hopefully both night shows....

I can donate something to the raffle as well, let me see what I can dig up :D
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **