Options

Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817
    Amount raised by fans thus far for Surfrider, PETA & WM3:
    (excluding SB, who's total count I lost :o )

$7,824

Um so yeah.. PJ fans rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    14RAY5514RAY55 Mami Posts: 109
    I have an extra 10C ticket for Tampa.Will we get those tickets early enough to add them to the fundraiser.
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    demetrios wrote:
    I didn't want to get them too early because they'd melt...then I forgot about them :(
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Pegasus wrote:
    I didn't want to get them too early because they'd melt...then I forgot about them :(

awww you have to find someone with them! for the wrapper only of course! thats the perfect souvenir!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,122
    SENROCK! wrote:
    awww you have to find someone with them! for the wrapper only of course! thats the perfect souvenir!!!

they sure are! :)
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    demetrios wrote:
    missing: picture of HUGE stack of dvd's donated by the very kind and generous demetrios :)
    that's quite some haul you've got there d. thanks for all of your generosity
    HUGS!
    ~j~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    missing: picture of HUGE stack of dvd's donated by the very kind and generous demetrios :)
    that's quite some haul you've got there d. thanks for all of your generosity
    HUGS!
    ~j~

*hugs back! :)

next month i'll be in the process of getting those boxes ready for the june experience.

what i did for sb, i sent out the box set day's before the show to a sweet young lady who did the volunteer work at the pre-party. la1, i brang it in personally. cause i'm doing all 5 show's & flying alone on this trip .. might need help on these. the ones who are running the pre-parties, volunteer work, pm me who's going. i'll check the main threads here. the one's that going, i'll be happy to send the box set's to you even weeks before the show, so you can rip/watch etc.. as much as you can before the pre-party.

just a thought. :)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Totals for San Diego parties was $1,732.00. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

Many thanks goes to The Local for letting us host the parties both nites. Very cool bar and great people working behind the bar. Oh and the food was dam good also.

Big thanks to Denise/Wolfbear and her husband. I forget his name sorry. Thanks to Bonnie/surfergypsy, the wine bags were awesome and you did so much help. :D Thanks to Mic/pjtaper and Pixxie and everyone else that helped out. Thanks also to SD rock station 94.9 for plugging the event both nites and being there.

Also thank you to everyone that donated items for the raffle. :D

And finally thank you to everyone that showed up both nites. SD was a perfect way to end the tour.

Thank you again everyone. :D
  • Options
    We wanted to thank all the great new friends we met Wednesday night at the show, and at the pre-party.

What an indescribable night! We had a great pre-funk at The Local, we won an auction for an incredible signed PJ poster for our collection that benefits charity, and best of all we had our minds blown all the way back across the Pacific Ocean by Ed.

Much aloha to Denise and Paul at the Local fundraiser. You made a couple of rookie fans who came all the way from Hawaii feel so stoked.

Cheers to Laur & Hooper for hooking up with us in SD from Seattle U Rock!
  • Options
    i have something special coming soon for donations. not just dvd box sets.
    stay tuned! ;)
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Demetrios, you are the bomb!!!

sweet! :)
  • Options
    ok. i have this idea. don't know if it would run. just a thought.

i have nobody to take to boston 1 (6/28/08), yet. i have 10club tickets. my # 161xxx. everybody i know are taken care of with tickets to this show. now ..

i was thinking of just donating my 10club ticket. do an auction for it. the money raised will go to a certain charity. winner will get to seat with me at the show. get a few fan made dvds & a kiss! (if asked) :p

i don't know yet. but it's a thought.
    what do you think?

:)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    demetrios wrote:
    ok. i have this idea. don't know if it would run. just a thought.

i have nobody to take to boston 1 (6/28/08), yet. i have 10club tickets. my # 161xxx. everybody i know are taken care of with tickets to this show. now ..

i was thinking of just donating my 10club ticket. do an auction for it. the money raised will go to a certain charity. winner will get to seat with me at the show. get a few fan made dvds & a kiss! (if asked) :p

i don't know yet. but it's a thought.
    what do you think?

Well you will sure make some PJ fan very happy. Great idea :)
  • Options
    Well you will sure make some PJ fan very happy. Great idea :)

thanks! :)

i also have 2 nyc night 1 tickets coming my way. not 100% sure if that plan comes through. but i think they will. might also do those as charity. they are not 10club tickets though. think they are in the 308 section.

i wouldn't know how to auction the 1 10club ticket. haven't done ebay for. which i'm kinda against. if somebody could help out on auctioning the one ticket, that would be sweet! the charity that will take the money, i would want ideas first.
  • Options
    JaySwan wrote:
    I'll be busy at work at my restaurant all this weekend but I have free time on Tuesday and Wednesday to make some calls, I will probably just go down to the area and talk to the restaurants in person. From my own experience as a restaurant manager, a restaurant can be more accommodating in a person to person meeting. I also know some local music talent that could play, if the place doesn't already have some groovin' sounds kickin' already.

Yo JaySwan! Any word on a pre-party? I will try to help you out if I can. I'm in Bradenton. Let get something going!
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    Yo JaySwan! Any word on a pre-party? I will try to help you out if I can. I'm in Bradenton. Let get something going!
    If you need some help on the day of the show let me know.
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018

Trish, the owner is requesting a 10c pair of tickets if we can happen to score her a pair....

Is this common?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Connolly's Bar and Grille has been confirmed....

Trish, the owner is requesting a 10c pair of tickets if we can happen to score her a pair....

she even said she would get a banner made for us with the foundation we're supporting as well as tents for outside for people to come in out of the hot weather for some nice air conditioning...

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!
    you say confirmed but I can't find anything about it in this thread...
    where is that?

Edit: nevermind, I found it.. WPB :)
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I have stepped up to organize the Tampa Preshow/Party Fundrasier.It will be for Jeff's Charity http://www.bringmeabook.org/.I need help.PLEASE.First off I am trying to find a place we can hold it in Tampa.Somewhat close to the St.Pete Times Forum.I will aslo need helpers.I think I have about 5 I think.I already have 2 great Items Stone Gossard pick and a Patriot T-Shirt from the Kissimmee 2004 VFC Tour.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    I have stepped up to organize the Tampa Preshow/Party Fundrasier.It will be for Jeff's Charity http://www.bringmeabook.org/.I need help.PLEASE.First off I am trying to find a place we can hold it in Tampa.Somewhat close to the St.Pete Times Forum.I will aslo need helpers.I think I have about 5 I think.I already have 2 great Items Stone Gossard pick and a Patriot T-Shirt from the Kissimmee 2004 VFC Tour.

Stoneg,I'm happy to help,let me know if there is anything I can do.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    14RAY55 wrote:
    Stoneg,I'm happy to help,let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Right now I need to need a place hold it.Don't know if your in Tampa or not.But that is the first thing on my list.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    Right now I need to need a place hold it.Don't know if your in Tampa or not.But that is the first thing on my list.

Sorry I'm in Miami,maybe loveboatcayden in Bradenton can help or knows someone in Tampa who can.I'm heading over from Miami the morning of the show.If I can help with something else don't hesitate.Ron
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:

Andrerychuk's Grille is across the street from the forum. 813-272-1430. I PM'd JaySwan as it sounded like he was going to organize, but no response. I am in Bradenton and able to help out the day of the show. Maybe more but time is limited with work and kids. I'll be up there around lunch time with at least four others. I'll work on getting some items to donate as well. Thanks Stoneg! Let's get this shit together.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    So has anybody organizing the pre-parties thought about making a myspace group for each show? I know this was done in 06 and it was nice to put names to faces beforehand. It was a good place to ask questions about each pre-party too.....
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    So has anybody organizing the pre-parties thought about making a myspace group for each show? I know this was done in 06 and it was nice to put names to faces beforehand. It was good place to ask questions about each pre-party too.....
    yes, its one of the things on our to-do list as soon as flight to mars is over, we'll start working on something like that.
    so much to do!!!!!!!
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    foxy mop, let's talk about WPB please...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277995
    I was planning on donating a few DVD boots from PJ to the Tampa fundraiser for Jeff's org- I have a pretty decent collection, but I don't want to step on your toes. I see that you are putting up a few VHS boots. Let me know what you think.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    def not stepping on my toes here...

Well I was going to live auction the ames book and red devil poster and I was going to use my VHS boots, old tour shirts, ect as raffle items.

I was going to make myself a copy of my VHS boots so I still have them for my collection but was going to give my originals to donate. If you can do the same that would be awesome...well not give originals but make copies or something, ya know? It's totally your call...

I am tryin to raise as much money as I can and everyones' help is accepted...
    Sounds good. What I'll probably do is copy a couple from each year- the best ones and donate those. I'll let you know when they are complete. I'm having computer problems at home- damn virus, but hopefully it will be cleared up soon, once it is, I'll get to work on the boots.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    So has anybody organizing the pre-parties thought about making a myspace group for each show? I know this was done in 06 and it was nice to put names to faces beforehand. It was a good place to ask questions about each pre-party too.....

This is an awesome idea... it is definately nice to put faces to the names before hand :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    am i the ONLY one who the LAST thing i want to see/hear before or after a pearl jam concert, is a pearl jam tribute band? seriously?

[...]

....we're seeing PEARL JAM, the REAL deal.....why would you want to listen to someone else doing their stuff RIGHT before you get to see/hear/experience the real deal?
    Um, to justify my existence? To critique my stage mannerisms? To marvel at my sharp wit? To admire my perfectly contoured derr-- ... (Okay, I'll terminate this line of rhetorical questioning right here, thank you very much.)

Truth be told, the above quotation isn't exactly fair, as the High Priestess of the Pit backed off a bit in a later post. But she's so much more proficient at landing body blows that I need to take my shots where I can find them. Love ya, dream! - Tony