Options

Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Um, to justify my existence? To critique my stage mannerisms? To marvel at my sharp wit? To admire my perfectly contoured derr-- ... (Okay, I'll terminate this line of rhetorical questioning right here, thank you very much.)

Truth be told, the above quotation isn't exactly fair, as the High Priestess of the Pit backed off a bit in a later post. But she's so much more proficient at landing body blows that I need to take my shots where I can find them. Love ya, dream! - Tony
    No Code is the next best thing to Pearl Jam. The people that are going to see them before the show in NYC should feel damn lucky. I wish they were playing before the WPB or Bonnaroo shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    LukinFan wrote:
    No Code is the next best thing to Pearl Jam. The people that are going to see them before the show in NYC should feel damn lucky. I wish they were playing before the WPB or Bonnaroo shows.
    ...but we'd be thrilled with a description such as "reasonable facsimile". Gotta figure the next-best thing to Pearl Jam is Eddie solo, followed by Mad Season, The Rockfords, Brad, Three Fish, Wellwater Conspiracy (you get my drift).

Hell, No Code isn't even the best tribute to PJ. Creed staked that claim years ago. The rest of us are mere visitors in Mr. Stapp's world. - Tony
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817
    Hey all! LA kicked my ass and I've been sick as a dog since I've gotten back - so sorry for the delay in keeping things updated!
    Connolly's Bar and Grille has been confirmed....

Updated! Saw your PM, will respond later tonight!
    stoneg wrote:
    I have stepped up to organize the Tampa Preshow/Party Fundrasier.It will be for Jeff's Charity http://www.bringmeabook.org/.I need help.PLEASE.First off I am trying to find a place we can hold it in Tampa.Somewhat close to the St.Pete Times Forum.I will aslo need helpers.I think I have about 5 I think.I already have 2 great Items Stone Gossard pick and a Patriot T-Shirt from the Kissimmee 2004 VFC Tour.

Yay for organizers! Awesome...thanks! Also saw your PM and will get you info tonight too! :)
    LukinFan wrote:
    I was planning on donating a few DVD boots from PJ to the Tampa fundraiser for Jeff's org- I have a pretty decent collection, but I don't want to step on your toes. I see that you are putting up a few VHS boots. Let me know what you think.

That's awesome! The more people donate.. even if there are duplicates, the more raffle tickets distributed and the more money raised.. so yeah thanks! We will also be getting all the organizers tax receipt books for you guys too (or something like that.. ECM is the taxman :D )

Will be putting up the Mansfield parties tonight too :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Fans raised a total of $9,482 for the EV West Coast Tour!

Thursday, June 12: PJ @ St. Pete Forum, Tampa FL
    Time: TBA
    Organizer: stoneg
    Beneficiary: TBA
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283142

Saturday, June 28: PJ @ Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA
    Organizers: Jammer, Michelle, Foxy Mop
    Helpers: ovechkin8, Flagg, nathanastin
    Beneficiary: ?
    Backseat Lover performance
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283153

Monday, June 30: PJ @ Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA
    Organizers: Jammer, Michelle, Foxy Mop
    Helpers: ovechkin8, Flagg, nathanastin
    Backseat Lover performance
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283153
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,120
    almost done this donation project. when you see the pics .. ya's will flip! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Um, to justify my existence? To critique my stage mannerisms? To marvel at my sharp wit? To admire my perfectly contoured derr-- ... (Okay, I'll terminate this line of rhetorical questioning right here, thank you very much.)

Truth be told, the above quotation isn't exactly fair, as the High Priestess of the Pit backed off a bit in a later post. But she's so much more proficient at landing body blows that I need to take my shots where I can find them. Love ya, dream! - Tony

haha. if that's the best you got, best to keep practicing. ;)

i think, in all fairness...you should've quoted my post in it's entirety. it was a fair and honest assessment, specifically in regards to pre-parties...and MY *personal* reasons. i also didn't 'back off' in any later posts....possibly illuminated more my rationale, but i still stand by my initial statement. i love ya too tony....but for pre-parties...for me...it's about friends, old and new, pure and simple...and no, i personally don't want live music at em. :) again...we're seeing PEARL JAM..i don't need to get 'revved up' for the shows, i already am! i just want to drink and socialize! obviously, it ain't up to me...but yes, whateva.........:D and sure, i DO still look forward to all the pre-parties. :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    thesavageguythesavageguy Seattle, WA Posts: 39
    Looks like Wishlist has a couple new items around the corner.

Poster by Justin Hampton:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/79062

Poster by Jeral Tidwell:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/79060

Great job guys! Looking forward to these prints!
  • Options
    Looks like Wishlist has a couple new items around the corner.

Poster by Justin Hampton:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/79062

Poster by Jeral Tidwell:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/79060

Great job guys! Looking forward to these prints!

sweet! :)
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Foxy Mop.. I'm gonna *try* to hold up through the whole tour. I'll be on hand as much as possible to help out. Thank you guys 1 million plus for making my FTM experience so fucking great! God, I had the time of my life!

Love and Hugs,

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    haha. if that's the best you got, best to keep practicing. ;)

i think, in all fairness...you should've quoted my post in it's entirety. it was a fair and honest assessment, specifically in regards to pre-parties...and MY *personal* reasons. i also didn't 'back off' in any later posts....possibly illuminated more my rationale, but i still stand by my initial statement. i love ya too tony....but for pre-parties...for me...it's about friends, old and new, pure and simple...and no, i personally don't want live music at em. :) again...we're seeing PEARL JAM..i don't need to get 'revved up' for the shows, i already am! i just want to drink and socialize! obviously, it ain't up to me...but yes, whateva.........:D and sure, i DO still look forward to all the pre-parties. :cool:
    . . . though I know it's actually a red herring. I understand how it might be difficult to admit that you're threatened by the awesome sight of my perfectly contoured derriere. Perhaps we could concoct a visual distraction to counterbalance the anti-social loud music? Name the male Pit member who you'd like to see strut around shirtless at the pre-party, and I'll exhaust my reserve of political capital to arrange for it. - Tony
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    . . . though I know it's actually a red herring. I understand how it might be difficult to admit that you're threatened by the awesome sight of my perfectly contoured derriere. Perhaps we could concoct a visual distraction to counterbalance the anti-social loud music? Name the male Pit member who you'd like to see strut around shirtless at the pre-party, and I'll exhaust my reserve of political capital to arrange for it. - Tony

:rolleyes:

i am quite content in the male department, thanks, don't need any assistance. :D

and political capital? :p hahahaha. a legend in his own mind, eh? ;) enjoy!

and yes, seeya at the preparties....starting in DC!
    and your better half can meet mine too!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Ok,I got all my info from Foxy for the Tampa Fundrasier/PreShow.Looks like we are go with Huntington's Disease(for my Man Stone)Thanks Foxy! Great Idea!! The St.Pete Times Forum, has a really cool Bar/Resturant called Shots.It's only open a few hours before and after each show.It's perfect.No walking or driving to get to the show.I have a call into them today.Waiting on response.Everyone is going to be there anyways.I Will update as soon as I get the word from Shots.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Celine.. I know luv is crazy busy w/her last weeks of school/finals, so she should be around shortly. First I disappeared, now her hehe - so don't fret!
    foxy mop????

2LY???? :):D:)
    Zanne wrote:
    Foxy Mop.. I'm gonna *try* to hold up through the whole tour. I'll be on hand as much as possible to help out. Thank you guys 1 million plus for making my FTM experience so fucking great! God, I had the time of my life!

Love and Hugs,

Sue

*especially* if you are going where you said you are.. you gotta blow the east coast wide open girl (p.s. I can't wait to see Anna's photos of you heeeeeheeeeee!!!!)

demetrios wrote:

Why does this link weird?
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Tuesday, June 17: PJ @ Verizon Amp., Virginia Beach, VA
    Organizers: Need Organizer!
    Helpers:

Surely there is someone in VB or going to VB that wants to organize or help out? Worst case scenario, I can get everything setup, but would need people the day of to man the tables n stuff, since I won't be there :)

Someone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I can probably help out at VA. Beach to some degree. My problem is that I'm not sure of my arrival time. I'm travelling up from SC and am catching a lift with a fellow Jammer or three.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I can probably help out at VA. Beach to some degree. My problem is that I'm not sure of my arrival time. I'm travelling up from SC and am catching a lift with a fellow Jammer or three.

Great! It's definitely a start - whatever time you could get there to help out would be great. It usually starts getting busy around 3:30/4:00 so you'd make the mad rush (as you've seen!) :D

Any others? :) C'mon.. where's all the Virginia peeps? :>
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Why does this link weird?

project was to massive to handle. offer is still on the go! :)

all the boxes accept boston1 has been called for, sent out and ready for spreading!
  • Options
  • Options
    Just to let you all know that the Beneficiary for the Tampa Fundrasier will be
    The Huntington’s Disease Society of America, Inc. (HDSA).We were going to do Bring me a Book.But my daughter and I are going to do that here locally.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    Hugh Thanks to marcdmbfan for locking in the prepaty at Hattricks for the Tampa preparty show and Fundrasier..Party starts at 3:00 PM.http://www.hattrickstavern.com/
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Hey everyone.
    We are working to get the SC party planned out. We were thinking about getting a banner to have up to let people know where the party is but I have no idea where to even begin on that. So if anyone would like to make one, point me in the direction of ordering one or if one of the shows before the SC show has one we can use and pass on to the next show let me know.
    Thanks so much!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't believe no one has stepped up to do a Va. Beach Preparty and fundrasier. I guess no one is going to that show. Come on guys its not that hard. Fans will be hanging out at some bar or grill. Just pick a charity,contact Foxy Mop(she will guide you through it) get other fans to donate some Pj things and have fun.Easy!! Come on People!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    foxy mophandle the show is nealrly 20 days away, can we talk miss????

:):):)

I need to prepare my merchandise chart and stuff....

Yessir! Sent you a PM! We shall talk of great things and plans :)

Also... updated the new Tampa location! Hooray stoneg & marcdmbfan!

Thursday, June 12: PJ @ St. Pete Forum, Tampa FL
    Hattricks Tavern
    107 S Franklin St.
    Tampa, FL 33602
    Time: 3:00 PM
    Organizers: stoneg
    Helpers: stoneg's wife,14RAY55,ROSE1963,Leatherm andi,Riverrunner,loveboatcayde n
    Beneficiary: The Huntington’s Disease Society of America, Inc. (HDSA)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=283142
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    hey jammers,

so have we decided on a club or location for the meet up?

let me know?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354

hi there ,,im a fan from greece and im going to travel from greece to new york for the msg shows at 24-6 and 25-6,,where the pre party will be and what i have to do to enjoy it?thanks,,,CANT FIND A BETTER,,,BAND
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Hey Everyone,
    OK, so here's my situation:
    I am arriving in Hartford Friday morning after taking the red eye flight from the left coast. Since I am doing Hartford and both Mansfields, I got a hotel in Mansfield, since, you know...two shows vs. one ;-)
    Well, what I did not take into account was the fact that I will be arriving in Hartford that Friday morning, tired like you wouldn't believe and will have nowhere to take a shower, take a few hours of ZzZs. So, what I am wondering is if there is any kind soul out there who might let me get a few hours of sleep in their room before the show. I am a girl and have no intention of killing anybody. You can ask around. There are many people on this board who know me personally.
    Then after Hartford show, I already found a ride who is kind enough to take me to Mansfield.
    OK, so, what do you say? There will be a beer or ten at Hartford show for you :-)

hmm .. sounds dirty. i'm down!!! :p

j/k. well, i am staying at a hotel that's just 5 minutes away from the centre. i'm staying alone for 2 nights there. will be there thursday afternoon and leaving early saturday morning for the mansfield show. been planning site seeing around the area that morning, hartford show. if you don't find any help by nyc time, give me a shot! :)
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Oh, D! You're bad :-P

d'oh!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I don't know....I shared a room with her in LA....I'd watch out if I were you!!

hee hee...had a blast, actually and will miss you at MSG!

Originally Posted by SOLAT319
    Hey Everyone,
    OK, so here's my situation:
    I am arriving in Hartford Friday morning after taking the red eye flight from the left coast. Since I am doing Hartford and both Mansfields, I got a hotel in Mansfield, since, you know...two shows vs. one ;-)
    Well, what I did not take into account was the fact that I will be arriving in Hartford that Friday morning, tired like you wouldn't believe and will have nowhere to take a shower, take a few hours of ZzZs. So, what I am wondering is if there is any kind soul out there who might let me get a few hours of sleep in their room before the show. I am a girl and have no intention of killing anybody. You can ask around. There are many people on this board who know me personally.
    Then after Hartford show, I already found a ride who is kind enough to take me to Mansfield.
    OK, so, what do you say? There will be a beer or ten at Hartford show for you
    :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    I don't know....I shared a room with her in LA....I'd watch out if I were you!!

i'll be ready. i might have to start training the next few day's in the fine arts of kung fu if anythings happens! :p