Options

Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    am i the ONLY one who the LAST thing i want to see/hear before or after a pearl jam concert, is a pearl jam tribute band? seriously?

i LOVE the preparties for gathering with fellow fans, getting together with old friends and new....always up for it. i think it's great how many donate time and $$$.....and i understand the bands are doing that as well. it's just, i don't know....we're seeing PEARL JAM, the REAL deal.....why would you want to listen to someone else doing their stuff RIGHT before you get to see/hear/experience the real deal? just my 0.02. i'd far rather listen to whatever.....and have great times with the people present. to me, preparties are for friends. seeing a tribute band, just way too loud/distracting to really socialize. we'll all see/hear pearl jam soon enough after the pre-parties.

and, i'll shut up now. :p
    I'm totally with you there.

hell, I've never seen the point of tribute bands at all anyway (cover bands are different).

so..well, if there's a band like that I guess I'll stay clear..:(
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Pegasus wrote:

hell, I've never seen the point of tribute bands at all anyway (cover bands are different).

whew.........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Pegasus wrote:

well, i'll still go b/c i would miss out on FAR too many friends otherwise. so it's worth it. but yes, i would prefer NO live band at all...for the reasons i stated. we're seeing PEARL JAM...live...in a few hours...i don't want to hear/see anyone else. :p however, hopefully it'll only last an hour. and please, i DO appreciate that the bands are donating their time for the benefit of all, etc. i KNOW that's quite a gift for many. just for me personally, i rather have the jukebox....and more conversation. with a band in the bar, sooooo difgficult to hold a convo! i look forward to such meet-ups SOLEY to socialize with fellow fans, and especially to meet new friends, etc. c'est la vie......

btw - agree on the cover bands...especially since my husband plays in a few. ;) haha. and hey, i don't mind tribute bands really, but overall...no...not my thing. i do appreciate what they do, i just think for meet-up purposes, i'd prefer not. however, not my call to make...and with wishlist pretty much doing all meet-ups nowadays, it just doesn't even make sense to arrange others. i want to see/meet as many as possible. we'll just sit farrrrrrrrr from the stage, and/or go outside for a bit! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    sorry i have been distant all for WPB...

my father passed away and i haven't been around the last week.

I will touch base with people this week in regards to setting up something for wpb...
    so sorry to hear...thoughts are with you!!
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    The cover bands are fun and get you ready for the show. No harm in that people. You can always step outside or just talk and hang out with friends.
  • Options
    well, i'll still go b/c i would miss out on FAR too many friends otherwise. so it's worth it. but yes, i would prefer NO live band at all...for the reasons i stated. we're seeing PEARL JAM...live...in a few hours...i don't want to hear/see anyone else. :p however, hopefully it'll only last an hour. and please, i DO appreciate that the bands are donating their time for the benefit of all, etc. i KNOW that's quite a gift for many. just for me personally, i rather have the jukebox....and more conversation. with a band in the bar, sooooo difgficult to hold a convo! i look forward to such meet-ups SOLEY to socialize with fellow fans, and especially to meet new friends, etc. c'est la vie......

btw - agree on the cover bands...especially since my husband plays in a few. ;) haha. and hey, i don't mind tribute bands really, but overall...no...not my thing. i do appreciate what they do, i just think for meet-up purposes, i'd prefer not. however, not my call to make...and with wishlist pretty much doing all meet-ups nowadays, it just doesn't even make sense to arrange others. i want to see/meet as many as possible. we'll just sit farrrrrrrrr from the stage, and/or go outside for a bit! :D
    well anyway, there'll be some massive reunion the night before, somewhere....so not sure what time we'll make it back into the world on the day :p
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Pegasus wrote:
    well anyway, there'll be some massive reunion the night before, somewhere....so not sure what time we'll make it back into the world on the day :p

maybe long island! ;)

we'll return from DC on monday at some point......hosting a few stayovers as it is......so anything is possible. :p most definitely want to wave to all my friends! ok, drink obscenely with em...whatever...........:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    bildo703bildo703 Posts: 51
    please advise if locations have been determined?
    Randall's 2 96 Cont 98 Cam 1 2 98
    Cam 1 2 00 Phi 03 St Col 03 Cam 1 2 03
    AC 1 2 05 Phi 05
    Cam 1 2 06 Cont 1 2 06
    Dussel 07 Hurr 07 Copen 07
    Nij 07 Werchter 07 Lolla 07,
    Bonnaroo 08 CAM 1 2 08 MSG 2 08
    Spectrum 09 1,3,4
    Pru ctr 10
    Wrigley 13
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85

I will touch base with people this week in regards to setting up something for wpb...

Hey,
    I don't know you, but I am real sorry about your dad.
  • Options
    maybe long island! ;)

we'll return from DC on monday at some point......hosting a few stayovers as it is......so anything is possible. :p most definitely want to wave to all my friends! ok, drink obscenely with em...whatever...........:D
    yeah, from DC on Monday..then insanity will begin somewhere :D
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817

My deepest condolences to you... sent you a PM :hugs:
    bildo703 wrote:
    please advise if locations have been determined?

Main parking lot outside the venue. We're in the middle of getting the "ok" to fundraise from Live Nation, so hopefully will have an update in the next few days
    Rodger3478 wrote:
    Hello everyone...

Just want to let everyone know that I will be available for both MSG shows, Hartford, and Boston number 1. Also, if anyone has a pair of MSG night 2 tickets please let me know! It is my 30th BDAY that night and my buddy and me would love to go to that show! I hope Laur, Eric, bobby, Talia, and Jimmy the Kid is doing well.

Nixon in Detroit! You know how I feel about you!!!

HAHA

Rodge

Sweet :) I'm officially recruiting you for table duty at Hartford, Bobby too.

And.. Hartford's up.... http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=279920

Sweet Jane's
    88 Pratt St
    Hartford, CT 06103
    (860) 882-6754

With a shuttle to the venue for a small fee :)

D.C. is also up, with the location to be finalized within the next few days!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=279805
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Frank GibsonFrank Gibson Italy Posts: 107
    HI I am Frank from Italy
    hope to be in Columbia pre party... :D
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667

Sorry to hear about your father, you don't know me, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Sunday Silent-to-Live Auction Items:
    Eddie Vedder Kenyon Hall poster, signed and donated by poster artist Brad Klausen
    We will accept bids starting Saturday, and the auction will end in a live bidding finale on Sunday afternoon. The starting bid is at $200.00. Please make sure that if you plan to bid on this poster you have the cash in hand on Sunday.
    http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e6/a9/75c9_1.JPG
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Glad to hear the Vancouver benefit raised so much money :) Well done on the organising! I had fun and was thankful for one of the raffle shirts to wear home. Brrr!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    JaySwanJaySwan Posts: 9
    I am Jason, a Tampa guy who on June12th, begins his 10 day vacation from 60 hour work weeks at a restaurant I manage. Which means I am ready to party it up! I am willing to organize a pre-party if one hasn't already been planned. I know a lot about the area, directions, restaurants, bars...etc...I have plenty of energy to make this all work. Let me know if anyone has the scoop.
    "Blame it all on chemical intercourse"
  • Options
    JaySwan wrote:
    I am Jason, a Tampa guy who on June12th, begins his 10 day vacation from 60 hour work weeks at a restaurant I manage. Which means I am ready to party it up! I am willing to organize a pre-party if one hasn't already been planned. I know a lot about the area, directions, restaurants, bars...etc...I have plenty of energy to make this all work. Let me know if anyone has the scoop.

Thanks for stepping up JaySwan. Hopefully, we can stay close to the forum as we are staying at the Marriott and will be going sneaker train from there. We'll come up from Bradenton around lunch time to start the fest and we can probably help some too, if needed. Me plus at least four others. Can't wait.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    JaySwan wrote:

Hey Jason,

We definitely are looking for an organizer to run the Tampa party - so hellz yeah, thanks for stepping up!

Basically the first step would be finding a bar/place within about 5-10 minutes walk from the venue and giving them a call - and it sounds like you're definitely the right man to do it :)

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    JaySwanJaySwan Posts: 9
    I'll be busy at work at my restaurant all this weekend but I have free time on Tuesday and Wednesday to make some calls, I will probably just go down to the area and talk to the restaurants in person. From my own experience as a restaurant manager, a restaurant can be more accommodating in a person to person meeting. I also know some local music talent that could play, if the place doesn't already have some groovin' sounds kickin' already.
    "Blame it all on chemical intercourse"
  • Options
    (excuse the multiple posts)
    Since everyone is out-of-town seeing EV shows, I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone helping with the fundraising parties so I'm going to go ahead and just make our event a WM3 fundraiser. While I'm promoting it to all of my friends in the SD press, I'm including info on the pre-parties at the Local so I'm sure it'll help get folks out. I'm going to try to go downtown and see if I can get flyers to someone who can get them out to showgoers. If you can help, PLEASE let me know. If you can make it over to U31 afterwards, please do. It should be a really fun time.

Here's what I'm emailing out.....

Eddie Vedder pre & post-show fundraiser parties

Since Eddie Vedder's current solo-tour is benefiting several charities, fans are organizing their own parties to help raise funds for some of the causes that the tour is supporting. For tomorrow night's show at Spreckles, there is a pre AND post-show fundraiser. Here's the info:

Tuesday, April 15
    Pre-show party organized by members of the Pearl Jam Message Pit (PJ's messageboard with over 41,000 members)
    3:30 pm- 6:30pm
    The Local
    1065 4th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
    (619) 231-4447
    T-shirts, stickers and more for sale plus a raffle with rare Pearl Jam dvd's, vinyl, posters and more!
    Beneficiary: Surfrider Foundation http://www.surfrider.org/
    More info: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=273627

AFTERPARTY
    Too Cool For Karaoke at U31
    3112 University Ave San Diego CA 92104
    $5.00 cover (starting at 11) all of which goes to the West Memphis Three legal defense fund http://www.wm3.org
    http://www.TooCoolForKaraoke.com
    Daltriest In Whoville Contest at 11pm (the Who are a longtime Vedder fave).
    Flyer: http://a113.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_21fa310a103a7c0ac986a0f29620cdb8.jpg
    Easiest to follow directions: take 1st Avenue north, enter 5 North on your left. Take to 8 east to 805 South. Exit University/North Park Way and stay to the right. Go left on University. U31 is on your right in several blocks. Less than 5 miles away.

There will also be a pre-show party at the Local for Wednesday night's show with different raffle prizes.

Please help spread this around to support some good causes!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    The Wishlist Foundation had their sign read BY EDDIE to the whole theater--it was so awesome to have their hard work acknowledged like that. They raised almost $4000 and the look on Eddie's face when he read it was so genuine and you could tell he was touched.

GOOOOOOD WORK WISHLIST FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    The Wishlist Foundation had their sign read BY EDDIE to the whole theater--it was so awesome to have their hard work acknowledged like that. They raised almost $4000 and the look on Eddie's face when he read it was so genuine and you could tell he was touched.

I second this.... you guys always make the pre-parties so much fun. We all get to meet fellow fans, share stories, maybe win cool stuff (or if you're some people win A LOT of cool stuff :D) and it all raises money for a good cause!!

THANKS!!!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

THAT is freakin AWESOME he read it!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196

I wish i could have seen that!!!

What did the sign say?
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    wilfmiss wrote:
    I wish i could have seen that!!!

What did the sign say?
    that sign *said*

FANS RAISED $3885
    for
    SURFRIDER
    Los Angeles 2008

and it had some waves drawn on it

(i helped make the sign AND i handed it to ev :D)

i personally am SOOOOOOO thankful to ALL OF YOU who helped with your time and donations of items to be raffled and those of you who donated money to purchase the tix for the raffle and t-shirts and stickers and candy bars and everything!!!!

as Ed said, we do this and it involves t-shirts and beer.
    but its more than that...

we all had a blast and did something positive and
    we (wishlist) couldnt do what we do without YOU.

with OUR two hands...
    thanks AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!
    much love,
    jeannette
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    that sign *said*

FANS RAISED $3885
    for
    SURFRIDER
    Los Angeles 2008

and it had some waves drawn on it
    awwww where was i when u guys made that!!!! i wouldve LOVED to have been responsible for the waves!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    SENROCK! wrote:
    awwww where was i when u guys made that!!!! i wouldve LOVED to have been responsible for the waves!!! :D
    i think you and pixxie were taking the painting to the car???? maybe???
    we did look around for you as your waves would've rocked much harder than mine did :)
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    i think you and pixxie were taking the painting to the car???? maybe???
    we did look around for you as your waves would've rocked much harder than mine did :)

damn. well im SURE yours were great! :D i got a picture of the sidewalk waves too! i'll get it from pixxx and post it! this weekend was GREAT!!! soooooo gladd we could help!

• Options

hey...what is this they crap? :) The correct term is we!

The awesomeness that was this weekend was a collective of everyone working as Wishlist towards raising money for Surfrider and having a freakin blast!
    LukinTimer wrote:
    I second this.... you guys always make the pre-parties so much fun. We all get to meet fellow fans, share stories, maybe win cool stuff (or if you're some people win A LOT of cool stuff :D) and it all raises money for a good cause!!

THANKS!!!

Exactly.... a party is a party because the people make it that way! :)
    SENROCK! wrote:

We were looking for you when we made it... your waves would've rocked faar more hard core than whatever we made.

More from me later... uploading photos & videos :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    More from me later... uploading photos & videos :)
    ohhhhhhh noooooo. :eek: photos! :eek: