Options

Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I might be able to help on for a few dates between MSG1 and Mansfield 2 (if it gets added)... I'd just need to know some more details because I'm cutting out of work early for a few of the days instead of taking a full day off.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    I might be able to help on for a few dates between MSG1 and Mansfield 2 (if it gets added)... I'd just need to know some more details because I'm cutting out of work early for a few of the days instead of taking a full day off.
    we're working on locations right now.
    as soon as we know the whens and wheres we'll gladly take all the help we can get :D
    peace,
    ~luv~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    luvistower wrote:
    we're working on locations right now.
    as soon as we know the whens and wheres we'll gladly take all the help we can get :D
    peace,
    ~luv~

Glad to see that you and laura are gonna be in NYC! It'd be nice to see all my chicago area friends again so even if I can't help out for a full day, I will definitely come by and hang out for a bit and take part in the fundraisers in one way or another.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I'll be at the following shows and can help if you need:
    Camden I
    MSG I & II
    Hartford
    Mansfield II
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    Hi,
    I joined the Wishlist Foundation yesterday. I will help out with the Mansfield fundraiser. I sent you an email also. Please contact me with info. Thanks
  • Options
    debzilladebzilla Posts: 38
    Me and my guest would love to help any way we can
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    that is SOOOOOO awesome of you!
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    luvistower wrote:
    hey are you doing Bonn and SC???? You just sent me an e mail about wishlist for those two shows
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:

Bon and SC Pre Party

lets do it......
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    odie wrote:
    hey are you doing Bonn and SC???? You just sent me an e mail about wishlist for those two shows
    i am actually NOT doing Sc and am still in the air over the roo.
    I'm a wishlist board member which is why i emailed you.
    I'm working to contact SOMEONE, ANYONE at bonnaroo to see if they'll let us in to host a party and by us I mean whoever amongst our volunteers wishes to organize and/or assist in the venture.
    interested?
    we'd send you stuff (wishlist donation items) and all the info you need to host/organize it
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    luvistower wrote:
    i am actually NOT doing Sc and am still in the air over the roo.
    I'm a wishlist board member which is why i emailed you.
    I'm working to contact SOMEONE, ANYONE at bonnaroo to see if they'll let us in to host a party and by us I mean whoever amongst our volunteers wishes to organize and/or assist in the venture.
    interested?
    we'd send you stuff (wishlist merch) and all the info you need to host/organize it

I will if you can get me the right contacts at Bonnaroo
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    working on it :D
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    I would like to volunteer for Bonaroo pre-party show and S.C. pre-party show.

I'm a memberof the wishlist group at Yahoo groups and a ten club member.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    I would like to volunteer for Bonaroo pre-party show and S.C. pre-party show.

I'm a memberof the wishlist group at Yahoo groups and a ten club member.

Very cool! And way to make your first post on the Pit :) Welcome aboard this crazy train here hehe :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Can't wait to meet you all that are coming to the Bonnaroo Festival and the South Carolina show!!!!!!
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    Don't worry....I will be there to help and we will get everything we need to get done...done...lol...if that makes sense...we will have to get ahold of foxymop and get all the details that we will need...love you Bri
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    Im very excited for my first preparty! After 23 shows youd think I wouldve met some other people by now, Im just an antisocial bastard.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    odie wrote:
    Don't worry....I will be there to help and we will get everything we need to get done...done...lol...if that makes sense...we will have to get ahold of foxymop and get all the details that we will need...love you Bri

I think Jeannette/luvistower is trying to work on getting a contact or info from the Roo people for you guys?
    Im very excited for my first preparty! After 23 shows youd think I wouldve met some other people by now, Im just an antisocial bastard.

Heh you won't be after going to one... everyone's super nice and friendly, more than a little inebriated and hopefully you'll end up with friendships that last for years :)

Camden, DC, MSG, Hartford and Boston party threads going up this week :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    am i the ONLY one who the LAST thing i want to see/hear before or after a pearl jam concert, is a pearl jam tribute band? seriously?

i LOVE the preparties for gathering with fellow fans, getting together with old friends and new....always up for it. i think it's great how many donate time and $$$.....and i understand the bands are doing that as well. it's just, i don't know....we're seeing PEARL JAM, the REAL deal.....why would you want to listen to someone else doing their stuff RIGHT before you get to see/hear/experience the real deal? just my 0.02. i'd far rather listen to whatever.....and have great times with the people present. to me, preparties are for friends. seeing a tribute band, just way too loud/distracting to really socialize. we'll all see/hear pearl jam soon enough after the pre-parties.

and, i'll shut up now. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    am i the ONLY one who the LAST thing i want to see/hear before or after a pearl jam concert, is a pearl jam tribute band? seriously?

I stand corrected- you are the ONLY person I will know.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I stand corrected- you are the ONLY person I will know.

nah, you'll know a few....barbara shall be there, possibly suzi....few others from the italian tour that maybe you don't *know*...but you'd probably recognize. :) besides, that's what pre-parties are about; meeting and socialing with new people, but who share that common love of the band. it's great! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    besides, that's what pre-parties are about; meeting and socialing with new people, but who share that common love of the band. it's great! :D

WELL said. :D
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I pm'd you about the Columbia SC show, if you need anymore help and a possible beneficiary.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Hey Laura, did you get the Cd's i sent out?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    I can help out for the 2 MSG shows...

I tried emailing on whishlistfoundation.org, but got no response...

I can donate my Vic poster if that will help...i'm not sure how these things work.
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options

i LOVE the preparties for gathering with fellow fans, getting together with old friends and new....always up for it. i think it's great how many donate time and $$$.....and i understand the bands are doing that as well. it's just, i don't know....we're seeing PEARL JAM, the REAL deal.....why would you want to listen to someone else doing their stuff RIGHT before you get to see/hear/experience the real deal? just my 0.02. i'd far rather listen to whatever.....and have great times with the people present. to me, preparties are for friends. seeing a tribute band, just way too loud/distracting to really socialize. we'll all see/hear pearl jam soon enough after the pre-parties.

No, I don't think you're the only one, though I think generally more people enjoy having them play. We work with the tribute bands because they do tend to get people pumped up for the show and put on a good performance. :) They're pretty generous with donating their time too, both during the tour and even during off-season (Ten, Even Flow, Backseat Lover, No Code, etc.) Generally they do an hour or two set out of the whole time of the party, so we've never had a problem not being able to have time to socialize :) And you are definitely right, the parties are about seeing old friends and making new ones.. that's one of the main highlights of going to them :)
    mindi wrote:
    I pm'd you about the Columbia SC show, if you need anymore help and a possible beneficiary.

Hey I will be getting back to you with some good news today/tomorrow!
    Hey Laura, did you get the Cd's i sent out?

Yay - thanks for sending them! I'm in NY right now visiting w/my mom. They weren't there when I checked on Thursday, right before I left, so they'll probably be in the box when I get back to Chi on Friday. I will let you know if I didn't get them then.
    svenstephy wrote:
    I can help out for the 2 MSG shows...

I tried emailing on whishlistfoundation.org, but got no response...

I can donate my Vic poster if that will help...i'm not sure how these things work.

If you tried emailing (and for Mindi, PMing) I apologize for the delay. I've had a bitch of a week technology-wise... my email program crashed and died and lost a bunch of emails and contacts, then my cell phone did the same.. so I'm trying to play catch up with everything :o I'll list you down for the MSG shows and you'll want to get in contact with Jeannette/luvistower who's organizing both MSG parties. Donations are always welcome, if you'd like to donate your poster :)

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Hello everyone...

Just want to let everyone know that I will be available for both MSG shows, Hartford, and Boston number 1. Also, if anyone has a pair of MSG night 2 tickets please let me know! It is my 30th BDAY that night and my buddy and me would love to go to that show! I hope Laur, Eric, bobby, Talia, and Jimmy the Kid is doing well.

Nixon in Detroit! You know how I feel about you!!!

HAHA

Rodge
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Updated w/the new tour info! :)

hey Laura,

Backseat Lover is good for both dates!!!