Options

Mansfield Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Alright I'll ask this again for thoughts...where would BSL plug in? I don't know of any bars close to the Tweeter Center. Parking lot maybe?
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    You won't have time to help out if you're hanging with me drinking beer talking about the Cowboys upcoming Super Bowl season!!! :D

We can do both!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Alright I'll ask this again for thoughts...where would BSL plug in? I don't know of any bars close to the Tweeter Center. Parking lot maybe?

We may have to just set up tents and table in the parking lot. I believe that is what they did in Camden for 2006.

There is just nothing around this place. Why is PJ even playing there? Couldn't get the Fleet Center or whatever it is called now?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    We can do both!!

Deal!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    if i can convince my +1 I'm there on Monday!
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    We may have to just set up tents and table in the parking lot. I believe that is what they did in Camden for 2006.

There is just nothing around this place. Why is PJ even playing there? Couldn't get the Fleet Center or whatever it is called now?

Looks like it's more of an ampitheatre tour this year, with the exception of DC, MSG, and Tampa. The Garden's acoustics are far worse than Mansfield IMO.

Tents, grills, coolers, etc in the parking lot work for me!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    Flagg wrote:
    I just looked at Google Earth and there is nothing around that venue. It is literally in the middle of nowhere. Could something be done in the parking lot instead?

Also, Laura, I totally forgot about Saturday afternoon. I may be pretty late to the fundraiser that day if there at all. Sorry. Totally good for Monday though.

Also, I could help with the Hartford one if you need an extra hand. Toni and I will be there pretty early.

Believe it or not I have gone so far as to try and contact the venue to get permission for this.The closest place that I know of could work (bands have played there and the manager is willing to listen to someone) is 2.5 miles away on the same road.

That's why I have asked where have they been held in the past for this venue because there is nothing close to it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Looks like it's more of an ampitheatre tour this year, with the exception of DC, MSG, and Tampa. The Garden's acoustics are far worse than Mansfield IMO.

Tents, grills, coolers, etc in the parking lot work for me!

yeah that would work better than nothing ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    Flagg wrote:
    Are you going to the Hartford party?

yep! :)
  • Options
    Fatal SmileFatal Smile Posts: 111
    My wife and I will be coming from Minneapolis, MN and would love to see how you guys can put on a pre-party. We helped out for the pre parties in 2006 for the Petty/PJ shows in St Paul.

We are also looking forward to seeing how PJ treats the East Coast vs. the Midwest and West Coast, obviously we have heard nothing, but good things.

See you there for both nights.

Buck Hunter +1
    CARPE DIEM!!

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this. Woh see the world."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"

"No need to be void, or save up on life. You got to spend it all"

Minneapolis 1998, St. Paul 2003, Alpine Valley 2003, Thunder Bay 2005, St. Paul 2006 I, St. Paul 2006 II, The Gorge I 2006, Hartford 2008, Mansfield I 2008, Mansfield II 2008, Chicago I 2009, EV Solo Minneapolis 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley I 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley II 2011, Wrigley 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jammer, Michelle, Foxy Mop, ovechkin8, Flagg, nathanastin ...

any of ya's would be interested in a sweet dvd box set? for the pre-party boston1 & boston2 jams.

let me know! ;)
  • Options
    boston2 box has been called for. who wan't boston1 box?

:)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,814
    Ok! Finally in an east coast state of mind!

RSVP list is updated!
    Flagg wrote:
    I just looked at Google Earth and there is nothing around that venue. It is literally in the middle of nowhere. Could something be done in the parking lot instead?

Also, Laura, I totally forgot about Saturday afternoon. I may be pretty late to the fundraiser that day if there at all. Sorry. Totally good for Monday though.

Also, I could help with the Hartford one if you need an extra hand. Toni and I will be there pretty early.

No problem with the Saturday thing :) Definitely can use a hand or two in Hartford
    Flagg wrote:

So what we have at this point are two options:

a) tailgate
    b) a bar that'll provide a shuttle

Tailgating is a bitch for fundraising, to be honest, and Jersey/Philly are hands down the king of the east coast tailgate ;) BUT, if need be, we can get it done.

So.. I will try to give Jay from BSL a call to see if he has any bar hookups.. does anyone else have any? If we did do a bar, we'd definitely need to have transpo both to and FROM the venue. Wouldn't want to leave anyone stranded there...

Last shows of the tour.. we have to make these ROCK!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Going to BOTH shows now with a friend!!!!!

See you there :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I'm surprised none of my Boston brethren have checked in yet. Anyone who is not from Massachusetts who is checking in on this thread needs to remember a few things- first, the drinking laws in our fine state are pretty strict. What that means is the Tweeter Center Parking Lot is the very LAST place where you'll want to attempt some type of organized gathering/ fund raiser thing. Not only would it not work, but the cops in the parking lot, on their best days, are not "awesome." Let's not forget that the last time PJ played Mansfield, they were effectively thrown out of town for 5 years, with a huge fine.

There ARE some places around there, not incredibly close, but not all that far either, some good gathering spots with good bar food and lots of seating: Picadilly Pub, the End Zone.. etc. BEWARE of the Mansfield cops though if you're driving.

My honest recommendation would be to meet someplace like Boston or Providence on the off day if that's possible- so you can leave the narrow minded hypocritical New England coppers & our Puritanical drinking laws out of the equation.

I'm not one to begrudge someone volunteering their time at a benefit, but BSL? Do they really have to play?
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    I'm surprised none of my Boston brethren have checked in yet. Anyone who is not from Massachusetts who is checking in on this thread needs to remember a few things- first, the drinking laws in our fine state are pretty strict. What that means is the Tweeter Center Parking Lot is the very LAST place where you'll want to attempt some type of organized gathering/ fund raiser thing. Not only would it not work, but the cops in the parking lot, on their best days, are not "awesome." Let's not forget that the last time PJ played Mansfield, they were effectively thrown out of town for 5 years, with a huge fine.

There ARE some places around there, not incredibly close, but not all that far either, some good gathering spots with good bar food and lots of seating: Picadilly Pub, the End Zone.. etc. BEWARE of the Mansfield cops though if you're driving.

My honest recommendation would be to meet someplace like Boston or Providence on the off day if that's possible- so you can leave the narrow minded hypocritical New England coppers & our Puritanical drinking laws out of the equation.

I'm not one to begrudge someone volunteering their time at a benefit, but BSL? Do they really have to play?

Ok, this is good info to work with :) Picadilly, End Zone.. do you have other recommendations? If we can find a place relatively close, we can try to work out some type of shuttle system so no one even has to worry about driving until after the show.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Foxy Mop when are you gonna have a confirm location for these show pre-shows?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Looking at Yahoo maps, there are a couple more places about the same distance away: Courtside Pub, Jimmy's Pub.

I've never been to Mansfield, so I can't say. But there are a couple of names anyway.

There is also a Harry O's Sports Pub in Norton, about 3.5 miles away.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Ok, this is good info to work with :) Picadilly, End Zone.. do you have other recommendations? If we can find a place relatively close, we can try to work out some type of shuttle system so no one even has to worry about driving until after the show.

For somewhere local, the Picadilly Pub is probably the best bet. It's a big place with a big parking lot, right off the highway that can certainly accomodate a decent sized group. I would say 4 miles from the venue, possibly not even that far.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Foxy Mop when are you gonna have a confirm location for these show pre-shows?

Gonna call around to the bars tomorrow, see what I can get setup. Hopefully get in contact w/BSL too.

Anyone wanting to start donating some items, feel free to do so! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    NumberTenOxNumberTenOx Posts: 93
    OK, far fetched, but any chance that the venue would provide access to an area for a pre-party? It seems like a pretty big place. They have an incentive to get people there early, to lessen traffic jams and to sell us beer.

I know this could get complicated fast. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Most likely not- they don't really look at it as incentive to lessen traffic, they would look at that as promoting drinking & driving. Logic? Nah.

Also I know about 20 people I could probably get to the party who would donate to a good cause... the one caveat being that Backseat Lover would have to agree not to play. In fact I was psyched about the idea of a pre party get together until I heard they might be there.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Fundraiser Raffle & Auction Items:
    • Donate something today!
    • A demetrios specialty!

awesome! :)
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    maybe someone would want to donate their backyard street lover....

Oh yeah, count me in for the 30th.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    ok. got the little dvd box set's all sent out accept for one. boston 1.
    who want's dibs? ya must be on the list, and who's volunteering at the pre-party?

let me know if you are interested and i'll have this baby out this friday!

have a great day! :)

D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    ok. got the little dvd box set's all sent out accept for one. boston 1.
    who want's dibs? ya must be on the list, and who's volunteering at the pre-party?

let me know if you are interested and i'll have this baby out this friday!

have a great day! :)

D

INTERESTED!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop:
    Just checked the list and I'm in for both shows bringing 1 to each pre party.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    GremmieOOCGremmieOOC Posts: 167
    For somewhere local, the Picadilly Pub is probably the best bet. It's a big place with a big parking lot, right off the highway that can certainly accomodate a decent sized group. I would say 4 miles from the venue, possibly not even that far.

It seems to me a place 4 miles away with a shuttle would be a good idea, especially if parking passes are $40. If the bar has a place to park for customers then the shuttle would pay for itself in money saved by not paying for parking passes. Also, I have heard that the traffic a tweeter can be terrible and taking a shuttle may lessen the frustration of traffic.

On the other hand, the logistics of making sure everyone makes it back to their cars might suck.
    Buffalo '96, Montreal '98, Saratoga '00, Toronto '03, Hamilton '05, Cleveland '06, MSG I '08, Mansfield I '08, Hamilton '11, Hartford '13, Charlotte '13
    EV-Montreal '08, Albany '09, Hartford '11
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    Foxy Mop:
    Just checked the list and I'm in for both shows bringing 1 to each pre party.

Got ya down!

As for the tailgate thing... it's been complicated to get the Camden tailgate approved, so I imagine it'll be 10x worse for Mansfield. I'm definitely heading the route of the bar + shuttle.

Will hopefully have a final confirmation by Monday/Tuesday!

How about some raffle items!? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Stickman_14Stickman_14 Posts: 14
    My wife and I will be there for Night 1, but I am looking for one for Night 2....

Any help would be appreciated!

If any of you were in Cleveland the last go 'round, I met several fellow PJ'ers at that Pre-Party...Looking forward to meeting you all again!
    Stickman_14

Too many to list!!