Options

Pearl Jam 2008 Bootleg Program

Comments

• Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    From what I've heard and read, they record everything and always have. :)

I don't think they've always recorded from the soundboard though. I think the '98 tour might be the first one where they religiously recorded soundboards of everything.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Happy day!!!!

I love the fresh smell of a mint CD boot being cracked open!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    AMEN Laura!!!

Tim this is AWESOME news!!!! I have missed physical cd boots soo much!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the shows I'm going to.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Two thumbs way up for the hard copies. Let's see 16.99 x13 = $220.87 plus s&h . Better clear some debt off my credit card.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Awsome! Boots boots boots! Made my day! Now about those 2007 shows...;)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    burn-to-order CDs
    does it mean the CDs are going to be burned rather than pressed?

It is important.
    if it's only burned, the price difference (with the shipping, which is always so expensive overseas: we're talking $11 as per the current pricing!!! let alone if we're not allowed to combine) is not worth it since it'd be the same quality as what we can burn ourself at home from the Flac. Just Artwork (on 03-type sleeves from the sound of it) ain't worth an extra $13.

so can you confirm you actually meant pressed not burned?

And will we be able to combine shipping, buy the whole set? 3 weeks after the show, that'd mean WPB will be shipping as Mansfield happens... can we pre-order but get it held for combine shipping?
    fuck yeah!!! :D
    now what about 07 boots...
    We know you recorded all the shows... we saw the audience mikes on the stage!
    great minds think alike ;)
    we need those :D...doesn't have to be right now, but to know we'll get them in the near future will be cool.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Pegasus wrote:
    does it mean the CDs are going to be burned rather than pressed?

It is important.
    if it's only burned, the price difference (with the shipping, which is always so expensive overseas: we're talking $11 as per the current pricing!!! let alone if we're not allowed to combine) is not worth it since it'd be the same quality as what we can burn ourself at home from the Flac. Just Artwork (on 03-type sleeves from the sound of it) ain't worth an extra $13.

He's got a very good point there, I was thinking about that also after seeing the suspicious "burn-to-order." I also want to know the situation. I may still go for it just for the case, but I want to know for sure before deciding.

Burned means they can eventually lose their data, too, which sucks.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    This is all good stuff!!!

Though a couple of questions....

Is Brett Eliason still with Pearl Jam?

Did Brett Eliason sell Basecamp Productions?

So Verizon, huh?

Does Pearljam.com have the bandwidth for all the downloads?

Way to go 10C, the options are terrific!!!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i hope they have a system where you can just check a box to say you are buying them all, and dont have to do 20 different transactions. that could get confusing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    i hope they have a system where you can just check a box to say you are buying them all, and dont have to do 20 different transactions. that could get confusing.
    That is my question as well. Can we buy all and save on shipping-ala 2003? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    See, this is why Ten Club is so hesitant to give out info. As soon as one question is answered, 20 more spring up.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    MattyJoe wrote:
    See, this is why Ten Club is so hesitant to give out info. As soon as one question is answered, 20 more spring up.

They are all valid questions.
  • Options
    They are all valid questions.

Just a joke.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Looks like I may have to take up religion.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,795
    fucking awesome, I'm deeeeeelllligggghhhhttttteeddddddddd
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,795
    MattyJoe wrote:

this is a very relevant comment!!!

Sure they will do a price for the set (they did in 2003) AND sure they will consider doing th 2007 shows if these are a success
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    excellento!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ZLMZLM Posts: 16
    Excellent news. Thank you 10c :)
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,593
    about time 10c!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    great news about bootlegs coming back again. as i always had no chance of getting to any of the shows this month i'll more than likely end up buying a couple!

still, it really bugs me how the 2007 shows were never released... does anybody know why this is???

the wembley show was just amazing and i feel like a part of my life is missing cos there is no bootleg of the show!! :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    Brilliant news!

I'm in 2 minds about whether to just get the downloads again or the 'burn to order' cd's

Nice to have a choice though!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Made-to-order Bootleg CDs
    In addition to digital bootlegs, Pearl Jam is launching a new physical CD program for this tour. CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand and will ship within three weeks of each show date. CDs will be made-to-order using recycled material. The price for hard copy bootlegs is $16.99/show and will be available exclusively through http://www.pearljam.com.
    thank you thank you thank you for remembering that you don't have to be tech savvy to enjoy music! :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Fuck yes!
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    WOW, just WOW! Fantastic news, there's three great options there so everybody should be happy!

The downloads were always enough for me, i have a big external HD so downloads were easier and didn't take up space. Nice to have the option of the CDs for all those who love CDs though!

Pearl Jam/Ten Club have really come through on this one, it's great great news!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    For those of you that have phyical CDs from previous tours (2003 and earlier I believe), how is the sound quality compared to the FLAC downloads from the 2006 tour? Also, were you able to copy the music from the CDs onto your computer's hard drive to save as a backup in case something happened to the CDs? Thanks!
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Nice I Can Finally Buy A Cd
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Made-to-order Bootleg CDs
    In addition to digital bootlegs, Pearl Jam is launching a new physical CD program for this tour. CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand and will ship within three weeks of each show date. CDs will be made-to-order using recycled material. The price for hard copy bootlegs is $16.99/show and will be available exclusively through http://www.pearljam.com.

oh baby! :)

will there be a box set for the silver cd set? sign me up for one baby! :)
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Thank the almighty for PHYSICAL CD'S!!! Awesome Awesome news. Since I am a completist, I will be purchasing all the shows.

Thank you Pearl Jam:)
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    JAL442 wrote:
    For those of you that have phyical CDs from previous tours (2003 and earlier I believe), how is the sound quality compared to the FLAC downloads from the 2006 tour? Also, were you able to copy the music from the CDs onto your computer's hard drive to save as a backup in case something happened to the CDs? Thanks!

I can't remember for sure, but i think i was able to copy the CDs onto my hard drives. I have the whole 2003 and 2000 tours on my computer and i dont remember downloading them all, so i think you'll be ok.

I can't say it enough...i LOVE this announcement. Seeing as there are only a few shows this tour, purchasing the boots won't break the bank seeing as i'm about to start a new job. Can't wait to hear them!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    :D:D:D

Excellent news.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum