Options

Soundgarden Bootlegs

Comments

• Options
    mareedemareede Posts: 76
    Any with good quality sound would be lovely. Many thanks.

Not very many of the shows I'm still sitting on have great sound, alas. I have an FM from 1990 that's pretty good, some semi-rare pre-FM recordings of shows everyone already has, and a small handful of good audience recordings. However, most of the shows I have that aren't out there are shitty audience tapes that nobody wanted in the first place. For example, I have this awesome Superunknown-era show from LA, and the recording is just utter bollocks. You can kind of tell what's going on, but that's about it.
  • Options
    since no one is really requestin anythin ill request 9/06/95 Offenbach, Germany pretty please.
  • Options
    Awesome! I've been looking for more SG boots. Thanks Marie Curie!
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    Awesome! I've been looking for more SG boots. Thanks Marie Curie!

Me too. July 3, 1996 columbus ohio. Thanks
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • Options
    mareedemareede Posts: 76
    Grunge100 wrote:
    Me too. July 3, 1996 columbus ohio. Thanks

I don't have that show...I've been looking for years though. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to throw a show up on DIME by this weekend.
  • Options
    Thank you either Marie Curie or John Briggs 2008 for uploading SG B-Sides (anyway, thnaks to both of you, guys). I've just donwloaded them and their version of Helter Skelter is just killing me.

They were not supposed to break up. Guys who are able to make those kind of sounds (and by that I mean Godlike sounds) should stay together.

It's even more disheartening to listen to now that Cornell is doing what he's doing;)

And where are those official B-Sides collection? Where are official DVD releases of their shows? It's a crime never being able to witness them live, but even more so - not being able to experience them at least on official footage of their shows:(
    Don't go messing with machoes!
  • Options
    corduroy85 wrote:
    Thank you either Marie Curie or John Briggs 2008 for uploading SG B-Sides (anyway, thnaks to both of you, guys). I've just donwloaded them and their version of Helter Skelter is just killing me.

They were not supposed to break up. Guys who are able to make those kind of sounds (and by that I mean Godlike sounds) should stay together.

It's even more disheartening to listen to now that Cornell is doing what he's doing;)

And where are those official B-Sides collection? Where are official DVD releases of their shows? It's a crime never being able to witness them live, but even more so - not being able to experience them at least on official footage of their shows:(

They really were the perfect band because they all just complimented each other so well. I think that if they had dispersed the truly quality live material they have on a DVD or something they would have peoples heads exploding. Truly an amazing live band.

And the live version of Helter Skelter going into Boot Camp from the Denver boot I have ( I think) is just fucking awesome. *Chills*
  • Options
    corduroy85 wrote:

There is official footage ... on VHS.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    sunshine10 wrote:
    Matt, can't wait for the new show! Thanks, as always, for tracking these shows down and sharing them with all of us.

I'd like to try and torrent something, so, does anyone want anything from the below list? These are some videos I have gotten recently...

7-12-1996 Randall's Island, NY (Lollapalooza) + Other Stuff (Prob 7-11-1996, but this came to me as 7-12...)
    1-25-1990 The Chance, Poughkeepsie, NY
    11-28-1989 Fitzgerald's, Houston, TX
    Kaiser Keller's Cellar (Promo) Seattle, WA + Other Stuff
    VH1/Spin Mag Grunge Doc

I haven't had time to actually watch most of these yet, so I can't comment on quality.

Be warned, though, that I have horrible upload speed, which is why I have never tried to torrent before.

Thanks for the shows. Much appreciated. Have you uploaded the Poughkeepsie, NY show yet? I would like to see that one.

Also, does anyone have the videos for the shows at
    Reggio Emilia 09/09/95 and
    Ontario 11/13/96.
    It would be great if anyone would be so kind as to upload them.

I would also like to get hold of the audio show from the Camden Underworld, London 03/12/92. I think the boot is called 'Crown of Thorns'. does anybody have this one?
  • Options
    So I spent this morning digging through my shows. Amazing what you discover when you haven't looked through things for a long time! I discovered another incomplete FM broadcast from the BMF tour that I'll have to put up sometime in the future. It's only four songs but most excellent! I also discovered that two of my favorite shows are missing, one of which I was going to torrent soon. I'm going to need to dig through all my stuff to find it because I know I've seen it over the past year. The other show I discovered I'm missing is 4/08/94 Paris, the complete version. D'oh! If anybody wants to upload that in LOSSLESS it would be much appreciated.
    Speaking of uploads, I transferred 12/05/96 show yesterday and tracked it. Ugh. It's only for completists as the source suffers from serious degradation. Still, it should put to rest the 12/04/96 vs. 12/05/96 DVD debate (there is a video of 12/04/96 and an audio of 12/05/96). I'll try to get that up soon along with another show.
    Finally, I need to ask you all for another favor: would anyone with beautiful LOSSLESS copies of the following shows please upload them here? They are:

10/26/89 New Music Awards (they only play "Ugly Truth")
    10/05/91 Foundations Forum (they only play "Outshined")
    05/18/96 Saturday Night Live (best quality possible please!!!!)

I'm looking for audios only. You'll receive loads of credit when I upload the finished product of my new project. Thanks a ton! Look for at least the 12/05/96 audio this weekend, btw.
  • Options
    Awesome! Get that FM source up ASAP pleeeeeeease.
    I have those three individual songs but they're all in lossy formats I'm afraid so it's probably not worth you having them.
  • Options
    Hi Guys...
    I'm italian so i'm sorry for my primitive english...
    I'm seeking the concert of Soundgarden at Osaka (Garden of Souls)...
    Can you help me ??
    If possible, the video of the concert and not only the songs...

Thank you
    Bye
    Savoev
  • Options
    Awesome! Get that FM source up ASAP pleeeeeeease.
    I have those three individual songs but they're all in lossy formats I'm afraid so it's probably not worth you having them.

Coming soon!

12/05/96 is on DIME. Also, somebody uploaded a new source for 1/13/90 Detroit. That's another one you'll need to check out. It rocks!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    May all the awesome sound quality boots come to me!
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    Coming soon!

12/05/96 is on DIME. Also, somebody uploaded a new source for 1/13/90 Detroit. That's another one you'll need to check out. It rocks!

yay the dry spell is over, thanks alot!
  • Options
    Thanks a ton mareede. I ripped the audio of the two performances you were looking for into .wav from mpeg i had of those shows. Not sure if you still need them, if so throw me a pm. Cant wait to see what you have in store for us next.....
  • Options
    pxampxam Posts: 3
    Soundgarden Rules!
  • Options
    I'm putting up three amazing bootlegs tonight on DIME. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    I'm putting up three amazing bootlegs tonight on DIME. Stay tuned.

Make it two; DIME will only allow two uncompleted torrents at a time. Still, these are awesome, sort of an appetizer and a main dish:

4/25/92 FM: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=223545
    1/18/94: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=223547

Enjoy!
  • Options
    sweet that aussie show is up, thanks heaps!
  • Options
    7/07/96 Quebec City: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=223557

This is the best Lollapalooza 1996 show I've ever heard. Please jump on this!
  • Options
    bootleg overload again! but dont stop lol!
  • Options
    Without a doubt, this is the best thread ever created on any message board, IMO. Over 2 years old and still going strong. Thank you all for the gold mine links!
  • Options
    *whisper* Can anyone upload these somewhere else? I have no qualms with lossy formats at a decent bitrate (192 etc.). Thank you! *whisper*
  • Options
    Trading these in mp3 is greatly discouraged. I'm sure somebody could put them on YouSendIt or something....
  • Options
    what do u have coming next mareede?
  • Options
    Something old and something new. Only time will tell!
  • Options
    Matt are there any quality boots of the shows SG played with St Vitus and Butthole Surfers? Also I've emailed a dj from wbcn in Boston about a Sbd recording of a show from 1990(?) in Boston(axis?). He replied and is looking into it for me. They played a bunch of the songs from this show last year when CC was in town.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    bump to page one..

Best thread ever!

:geek:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    does a boot exist from the Winnipeg show in 96 I think it was?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014