Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    Yes, I admit STP was my one true love back in the day....oh, and yes, for guys, jean shorts are a sin- but for chicks, daisy dukes are allowed (and welcomed) by most in the audience!!
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    ldordal wrote:
    Yes, I admit STP was my one true love back in the day....oh, and yes, for guys, jean shorts are a sin- but for chicks, daisy dukes are allowed (and welcomed) by most in the audience!!

eeeewwww daisy dukes. not for me. I like my husband's jean shorts, they are nice and faded. he doesn't look good in his newer ones. (it could be that i'm old, my liking his jean shorts)

I love STP too. I used to have a pic of scottie kissing matt on the cheek. I mean, I stole it from matt, I did not take it....When I saw matt at a bar in dc before the pj show at verizon, I touched that cheek (facial, not butt) that scott kissed! It was as soft as a baby's butt.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Yes, he is definitely the nicest one of the VR gang- my bro in law was the sound mgr when they played at 930- and I also saw PJ at VZ Ctr last May- WOW! You and I probably even said hi to each other or something...... I was on the bus for VR- what a cool deal! But I am also in love with EV- wow- he is so introspective it kills me......as far as the jean shorts go- I dated an older guy and he liked to wear them- but whatever- it's all good (as Cold would say)!! Did you make it to AS at the 930, as well? I met some ass kicking people at that show- to include the girl who is now the PR/Mgr for Black Market Radio (Chris's bro- Pete- is the lead singer and he is a dead ringer for the GOD!) I think it was May 05! Music is the best- isn't it? Hopefully I wil have some pics posted soon from the show at RHL...we got some amazing ones.....peace
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    My husband went to the Boston show. He said it was great. Nice and small venue. No pictures however. It was a great night out with his friends. Good times!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    Yes, he is definitely the nicest one of the VR gang- my bro in law was the sound mgr when they played at 930- and I also saw PJ at VZ Ctr last May- WOW! You and I probably even said hi to each other or something...... I was on the bus for VR- what a cool deal! But I am also in love with EV- wow- he is so introspective it kills me......as far as the jean shorts go- I dated an older guy and he liked to wear them- but whatever- it's all good (as Cold would say)!! Did you make it to AS at the 930, as well? I met some ass kicking people at that show- to include the girl who is now the PR/Mgr for Black Market Radio (Chris's bro- Pete- is the lead singer and he is a dead ringer for the GOD!) I think it was May 05! Music is the best- isn't it? Hopefully I wil have some pics posted soon from the show at RHL...we got some amazing ones.....peace
    Yes, I am addicted to music...
    No I wasn't an Audioslave fan. I'm only a casual Chris Cornell fan. I have two SG cd's, Great Expectations soundtrack (for Sunshower), the first Audioslave cd, Singles soundtrack and Temple of the Dog (bought for pj though). I'm just a live concert addict...he gave me my fix tuesday night. But the past two weeks, I've been listening to all my cds with chris, watching youtubes of him....I like Call me a Dog now.

we were on the floor at verizon ctr in may 06, ten club seats, 181xxx. these were taken with a disposable camera with a zoom lense (doesn't zoom very well though!) I had to stand on the chair when I took these:
    http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/65mustangTS/PJ%20May%2030%2006/?action=view&current=pj_3_verizon.jpg
    http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/65mustangTS/PJ%20May%2030%2006/?action=view&current=pj_verizon.jpg

my husband and i have only seen scottie with VR twice. I'm the scottie fan and he's the slash and duff fan. I now like them too.

oh and I have a great digital camera and did not take it tuesday. did not want to risk it being taken by security b/c my print at home ticket said no cameras :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    iluvcats wrote:
    can I have that pic of him from 2003 which demonstrates your man crush was in the early stages? you were practically under him, like in the front row :D
    will you email or post a link of the pic w/o the autograph?

The man crush started probably around 1997/1998 haha, it was well before 2003. I had a photo pass for Lollapalooza in 2003, so thats why I was right under him. Here is a link to the picture without a signature on it:

http://www.student.nvcc.edu/home/mbeere/famous/lolla.jpg
    iluvcats wrote:
    I love STP too. I used to have a pic of scottie kissing matt on the cheek. I mean, I stole it from matt, I did not take it....When I saw matt at a bar in dc before the pj show at verizon, I touched that cheek (facial, not butt) that scott kissed! It was as soft as a baby's butt.

I do have soft skin...that picture is tied as my favorite picture that I have with Scott, this one is my other:

http://www.student.nvcc.edu/home/mbeere/famous/scottkiss.jpg

http://www.student.nvcc.edu/home/mbeere/famous/matt175.jpg
    ldordal wrote:
    Did you make it to AS at the 930, as well?

I was at that show on the rail in front of Tom :D
  • Options
    thank you for your mancrush pic of cornell from 2003.

better hope chromiam stays out of this thread, scottie looks like he is changing teams in the pic of you with glasses.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    I am a lightweight (don't drink like I used to) and I drank too many beers before pj at verizon in may. I can't remember much.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    I am a lightweight (don't drink like I used to) and I drank too many beers before pj at verizon in may. I can't remember much.

There is something about Rams Head...EVERY show I have seen there has been really bad with the number of annoying drunks. I've been to what, a thousand some shows and that place takes the cake for most drunk people BEFORE the show begins.

I haven't drank in 7 weeks!
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    stpmattb wrote:
    The man crush started probably around 1997/1998 haha, it was well before 2003. I had a photo pass for Lollapalooza in 2003, so thats why I was right under him. Here is a link to the picture without a signature on it:

http://www.student.nvcc.edu/home/mbeere/famous/lolla.jpg

Yum!

Anyone going to the Phoenix show at the Celebrity Theater on May 1st?

KJ
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    stpmattb wrote:
    All of his shows, he is cool with cameras as long as you dont use flash! In Philly they had a sign saying cameras are okay, please turn off the flash. And in Baltimore they had a sign on the door that said NO FLASH, NO FLASH, NO FLASH!!! They also made a quick announcement about it as well.

Ok probably a stupid question, but will the pictures turn out any good if the flash is turned off? I just bought a snazzy tiny little sony camera to take to gigs and plan on taking it when I see Cornell in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    there's anoher Meet and Greet contest, for the Vegas and Phoenix gigs:

http://www.audio-slave.com/chriscornell/

good luck!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Ok probably a stupid question, but will the pictures turn out any good if the flash is turned off? I just bought a snazzy tiny little sony camera to take to gigs and plan on taking it when I see Cornell in a few weeks.

Yes, you just have to be closer and rely on the stage lighting. If you look at the pictures I took, they were all without flash :)
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Just snagged CINCY! OHH YEA!
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    there's anoher Meet and Greet contest, for the Vegas and Phoenix gigs:

http://www.audio-slave.com/chriscornell/

good luck!

Thanks for the info.

KJ
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    Yes, I am addicted to music...
    No I wasn't an Audioslave fan. I'm only a casual Chris Cornell fan. I have two SG cd's, Great Expectations soundtrack (for Sunshower), the first Audioslave cd, Singles soundtrack and Temple of the Dog (bought for pj though). I'm just a live concert addict...he gave me my fix tuesday night. But the past two weeks, I've been listening to all my cds with chris, watching youtubes of him....I like Call me a Dog now.

we were on the floor at verizon ctr in may 06, ten club seats, 181xxx. these were taken with a disposable camera with a zoom lense (doesn't zoom very well though!) I had to stand on the chair when I took these:
    http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/65mustangTS/PJ%20May%2030%2006/?action=view&current=pj_3_verizon.jpg
    http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/65mustangTS/PJ%20May%2030%2006/?action=view&current=pj_verizon.jpg

my husband and i have only seen scottie with VR twice. I'm the scottie fan and he's the slash and duff fan. I now like them too.

oh and I have a great digital camera and did not take it tuesday. did not want to risk it being taken by security b/c my print at home ticket said no cameras :(

Those were very good pics! I know- once you get the live music bug it really takes hold! For PJ I was in the nose bleed section, (well, not quite), but I was dating an older man who doesn't really appreciate rock- but he got mad that I assumed he did not want to go so I took him instead of the bf. So I kind of had to BEHAVE. The next band I want to see is Incubus- I am seriously thinking about going to Lake Tahoe to see them in July.
    Matt- you looked like you were having fun!!! Is it Carrie I am talking to?? and do you love cats! If so, me too!
  • Options
    Carrie isn't on the board - just me.

Incubus is coming to Baltimore with the Virgin Fest in August. Pretty badass lineup (not to mention CHRIS CORNELL).

http://www.virginfestival.com/2007/index.html
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    stpmattb wrote:

Incubus is coming to Baltimore with the Virgin Fest in August. Pretty badass lineup (not to mention CHRIS CORNELL).

Fucking hell, what a line-up! Compare that with the V festival line-up we have over here in the UK (which is literally 15 minutes down the road for me), dammit it's almost worth the plane journey!
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Cornell in Dallas tonight! Can't fucking wait, I'm hoping for a killer show! It'll be my first time at the Palladium, so I'm looking forward to checking out the new (to me) venue as well.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Mp3 of new song

YOUR SOUL TODAY
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27527671/Chris_Cornell_-_Your_Soul_Today.mp3

I'm loving it! The melody and groove of it all is awesome. Ah that groove! It makes me wanna dance. :D
    And the breakdown towards the end? How everything just stops and slows down and it's just the golden voice and gentle little groove?! Wheew! :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mp3 of new song

YOUR SOUL TODAY

I'm loving it! The melody and groove of it all is awesome. Ah that groove! It makes me wanna dance. :D
    And the breakdown towards the end? How everything just stops and slows down and it's just the golden voice and gentle little groove?! Wheew! :o
    AWESOME VED, AWESOME!

CAnt wait to listen ! ! !

I LOVED this song when we heard it in B-More!
    :):):)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    stpmattb wrote:

got anymore pics of you in the hallways at the Spectrum??? Damn I miss seeing shows at that place, plus I'm trying to paint my basement like the hallways of the Spectrum. Problem being it's been damn hard to find pics of the place

I won't comment on the kiss with Scott pic :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:

I know I saw that- I have to research it when I get home tonight!!!
    :)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mp3 of new song

YOUR SOUL TODAY

Wow you beat Marie Curie to the punch!! hahaha

You ROCK girlie!! Gonna listen now.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mp3 of new song

YOUR SOUL TODAY

Thank you so much!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    There is something about Rams Head...EVERY show I have seen there has been really bad with the number of annoying drunks. I've been to what, a thousand some shows and that place takes the cake for most drunk people BEFORE the show begins.

I haven't drank in 7 weeks!

could it be because it is so small that the drunks are closer to you? I've noticed how rude people are there, no matter whether it is poppy music like pat mcgee or rockers like chris (where my butt was pawed at by a drunk boy) or peter frampton.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mp3 of new song

YOUR SOUL TODAY

Thanks!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    Those were very good pics! I know- once you get the live music bug it really takes hold! For PJ I was in the nose bleed section, (well, not quite), but I was dating an older man who doesn't really appreciate rock- but he got mad that I assumed he did not want to go so I took him instead of the bf. So I kind of had to BEHAVE. The next band I want to see is Incubus- I am seriously thinking about going to Lake Tahoe to see them in July.
    Matt- you looked like you were having fun!!! Is it Carrie I am talking to?? and do you love cats! If so, me too!

no I'm not carrie and yes I love cats! I just know matt b/c he is a movie star.
    No seriously I met matt in baltimore in 2005 at a pearl jam gathering. We met at a bar in baltimore, first we were at the greene turtle then at a bar with a juke box called JDs. They played pj tunes most of the night. He showed me (online) his pics of him with Slash and with Scottie. Then I saw him in a bar before the pj show at verizon. The last time I saw the movie star was in a college bar in the fall, we all met there to see Ten, a pj tribute band.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    The show in Dallas last night was so great. So different to be so close to the band and damn that nigga Chris can sing. The set list was amazing - alot like the baltimore one I think. When I get home, I'll type up a review and complain a little about what a clusterfuck Dallas is.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Awesome reversedarwinism! I read that he did MISSION!! :D Hell yes! Lovin the Euphoria Morning love! Here's to bunch more of it!! :D Also saw SUNSHOWER AND LOUD LOVE on the set. All of those together?? Amazing. Reading each set is too exciting and makes me fiend for more! I so wish I could go to L.A.

Oh and speaking of reviews...I'm still trying to finish my Philly one. :eek: :p haha. This is insane! The entire experience has just left me completely stuck.

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••