Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    BALTIMORE SHOW!!!!

Soundcheck:
    Mission (minus Chris)
    Sunshower
    Preaching the End of the World (Chris solo)
    Burden In My Hand
    Say Hello To Heaven

ACTUAL SHOW:

Cochise
    Original Fire
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    No Such Thing
    Fell on Black Days
    Like a Stone
    Seasons
    All Night Thing (Chris Acoustic)
    Can't Change Me (Chris Acoustic)
    Doesnt Remind Me (Chris Acoustic / Full Band)
    Spoonman
    Your Soul Today (Live Debut!)
    Say Hello To Heaven
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage

SUNSHOWER!!!!
    You Know MY Name
    Black Hole Sun

Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

I will have pictures, VIDEO, and my review tomorrow. I met him after the show and got some things signed and im just really speechless right now. He was extremely nice and I am just at a loss for words. What a great day!!!!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    OOOOOOH!! HE PLAYED SUNSHOWER!!? :o *faints* God! He is completely out of control!! Wow!

Umm and my heart almost popped outta my mouth~~~> Preaching the End of the World...just Chris solo!!!! :eek: *tears* WHAT!? This is total overload!!!!

DAMN CHRIS!!! The man just refuses to let up!! I'm still trying to recover from Philly as it is!! BTW~ that was one of THE most amazing nights of my entire life and I am in the process of writing a full review. For now all I can say is BLOW UP THE OUTSIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!??? Was that real?? AND BURDEN IN MY HAND?? Both at the same show?? :eek: That was enough for me right there. And then closing with SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS!!!!!!? Uhhh! That show? I can't believe it. Again, more detailed review to follow. Hell yeah, hats off to you too DOSW! It was great to meet you. :D I can't believe that night really happened.

Also, for all the girls wondering what the merch situation is... I took pics of the shirt...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/IMG_1264.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/IMG_1265.jpg

with the gorgeous CROWN on the back. :o Love it!! :D
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/IMG_1267.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/IMG_1268.jpg
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    wow the baltimore show was amazing.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    wow the baltimore show was amazing.

Chris and his "new band" were on fire....

Yes it was amazing. I can't believe they played Sunshower :)

I was over near that bar on the way to the restroom (we were up against the wall) and I was shocked at how much people were talking, esp. during slower songs.

Without my husband, I tried to get closer during Sunshower and I'm really careful to be polite to people. A guy let me in front of him. About a minute later, he touched me inappropriately. There was nothing I could do, I turned around and threw my hands up in the air and I said to let me out of here :(
    That's disgusting, to grope a complete stranger, it's not like I flirted with him.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Damn matt, how did you type that? We got home at midnight and we went straight to bed.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    That's awesome that he played Sunshower. That guy in the front row kept asking him to play it for Philly at the interview / acoustic set he did for WMMR on Friday and he said he'd love to but the band didn't know it yet.

It's kind of cool that he listens to requests like that. Too bad it wasn't in Philly. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Wow. That's amazing. Sunshower!!!!!!!! Preaching The End Of The World and Mission sound like they're gonna be on the set soon too! Although this is kinda lame since that means that the sets are gonna vary so much that there are going to be some songs I want to hear that he won't play at the Astoria but oh well.
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    Great show in baltimore.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    I realize we love chris for the music....the lyrics...but may I say that he sure is easy on the eyes? I cannot believe he is 42. He sure wasn't wrinkled from where I was standing.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    iluvcats wrote:
    I realize we love chris for the music....the lyrics...but may I say that he sure is easy on the eyes? I cannot believe he is 42. He sure wasn't wrinkled from where I was standing.

Hey, I'm so secure in my masculinity that I'm not afraid to say that I couldn't help but get lost in his dreamy eyes at times. Damn you, Chris Cornell. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    DOSW wrote:
    Hey, I'm so secure in my masculinity that I'm not afraid to say that I couldn't help but get lost in his dreamy eyes at times. Damn you, Chris Cornell. :D
    That's beautiful.

You just brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face.

You're so gay ;).
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    djerdap wrote:
    Cornell's setlist look truly amazing, as if the fans are writing them.
    The song I would die to hear is my favorite Soundgarden song by far and that is Tighter and Tighter. It features an unbelieveable Kim Thayil solo and I was very surprised when I heard that it was never played live.

"Sleep tight for me... I'm gone"

You'd be disappointed if it originally had a Kim Thayil solo though.

His band is not as good as Chris. I was really happy to hear the Soundgarden songs but...it's painfully obvious that they can't play as well...
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    BALTIMORE SHOW!!!!

Soundcheck:
    Mission (minus Chris)
    Sunshower
    Preaching the End of the World (Chris solo)
    Burden In My Hand
    Say Hello To Heaven

ACTUAL SHOW:

Cochise
    Original Fire
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    No Such Thing
    Fell on Black Days
    Like a Stone
    Seasons
    All Night Thing (Chris Acoustic)
    Can't Change Me (Chris Acoustic)
    Doesnt Remind Me (Chris Acoustic / Full Band)
    Spoonman
    Your Soul Today (Live Debut!)
    Say Hello To Heaven
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage

SUNSHOWER!!!!
    You Know MY Name
    Black Hole Sun

Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

I will have pictures, VIDEO, and my review tomorrow. I met him after the show and got some things signed and im just really speechless right now. He was extremely nice and I am just at a loss for words. What a great day!!!!

Look at that set list. My show is next - I couldn't be more pumped.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    BALTIMORE VIDEOS AND PICTURES!

When Chris came out for his acoustic set, someone yelled for him to play "Moonshower". Chris politely informed the guy that he had mixed two songs up, but humored us all by playing "Moonshower".

Chris Cornell - Moonshower
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLcu0c3prtg

Chris Cornell - Your Soul Today
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=I3-pPDbnRWE

Chris Cornell - Sunshower
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Kmi1A0FbA0

Chris Cornell - Sunshower (Soundcheck Audio)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=76yebgsWvmI

Chris Cornell - Seasons
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YqUihQbkLNU

Chris Cornell - All Night Thing (entire song)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gcHG4XizNpY

Pictures:
    All pictures can be found at the link below. All pictures were taken by me.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v412/stpmattb/2007_04_24%20-%20Chris%20Cornell/
  • Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    We had a great time- me and my best friend (beautiful blonde) on the rail and my two friends named Jim- the whole night we were surrounded by the best people! Wish I could have chatted with both of you! I will have some photos to post soon, as well!
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    We had a great time- me and my best friend (beautiful blonde) on the rail and my two friends named Jim- the whole night we were surrounded by the best people! Wish I could have chatted with both of you! I will have some photos to post soon, as well!

I must have been right behind you. The young guy was in front of me, and Carrie was next to me and then the OTHER guy named Jim that I knew was next to us as well. Were you the guy that left for a few minutes towards the end of the show, then came back to your spot on the rail?
  • Options
    I was the "chick" in front of the Jim you know- I think he was wearing jean shorts! I had dark hair, jeans and a black T on- my friend Jim (in a black T also- kind of a rocker looking guy) did go to the loo late in the show....on my left on( on the rail also) were two young guys with the X of death on their hands....and on my right was this guy named David and then my friend.. all of us on the rail..what a freakin good show!!! I am almost positive that was Carrie I saw!
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    I was the "chick" in front of the Jim you know- I think he was wearing jean shorts! I had dark hair, jeans and a black T on- my friend Jim (in a black T also- kind of a rocker looking guy) did go to the loo late in the show....on my left on( on the rail also) were two young guys with the X of death on their hands....and on my right was this guy named David and then my friend.. all of us on the rail..what a freakin good show!!! I am almost positive that was Carrie I saw!

Yup, we were right next to the Jim in the jean shorts. If I remember correctly, you love STP yes???

PS - sorry for thinking you were a guy!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I can take a homevideo camera into the dallas show? Can just anyone do that?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Although STP in the wake of Velvet Revolver needs to get with it and release another cd.....
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Does anyone know if I can take a homevideo camera into the dallas show? Can just anyone do that?

Nope....No cameras allowed or that's what their saying but thats what they always say. wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
  • Options
    Did you ever wonder how all those peeps got pics? When we walked into the venue- they checked our handbags and asked if we had cameras- and we said "no"- but of course my gf had one and when we got inside they made an announcement to kindly turn off the flash! So, take a small one- hide it well- and you're golden!
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:

are jean shorts a sin? :) my husband cannot part with his....
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    Did you ever wonder how all those peeps got pics? When we walked into the venue- they checked our handbags and asked if we had cameras- and we said "no"- but of course my gf had one and when we got inside they made an announcement to kindly turn off the flash! So, take a small one- hide it well- and you're golden!

while waiting in line, i noticed that they had signs posted (like typed in a word document on regular paper, not a real sign) that said you could take pics w/o a flash....but I did see them look in a girl's purse with a flash light.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:
    Although STP in the wake of Velvet Revolver needs to get with it and release another cd.....

I definately remember you now :D I know a thing or two about STP, just ask around ;)

All of his shows, he is cool with cameras as long as you dont use flash! In Philly they had a sign saying cameras are okay, please turn off the flash. And in Baltimore they had a sign on the door that said NO FLASH, NO FLASH, NO FLASH!!! They also made a quick announcement about it as well.
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    I definately remember you now :D I know a thing or two about STP, just ask around ;)

All of his shows, he is cool with cameras as long as you dont use flash! In Philly they had a sign saying cameras are okay, please turn off the flash. And in Baltimore they had a sign on the door that said NO FLASH, NO FLASH, NO FLASH!!! They also made a quick announcement about it as well.

if you DON'T know him (as you told me on chris' board), then how do you know he is cool with cameras at ALL of his shows?

can I have that pic of him from 2003 which demonstrates your man crush was in the early stages? you were practically under him, like in the front row :D
    will you email or post a link of the pic w/o the autograph?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ldordal wrote:

are you guys here? I found this pic on chris' board from the baltimore concert:
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p279/jimhe123/PIC_0007-2.jpg
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    we were dead on the rail (front and center_!!