Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awesome reversedarwinism! I read that he did MISSION!! :D Hell yes! Lovin the Euphoria Morning love! Here's to bunch more of it!! :D Also saw SUNSHOWER AND LOUD LOVE on the set. All of those together?? Amazing. Reading each set is too exciting and makes me fiend for more! I so wish I could go to L.A.

Oh and speaking of reviews...I'm still trying to finish my Philly one. :eek: :p haha. This is insane! The entire experience has just left me completely stuck.

Lydi hun, we're used to your long winded reviews...they are AWESOME. So just let it flow girl. From beginning to end. hold nothing back! :D

oh and I saw the setlist from last night HO-LY SHIT!

Here is the full setlist from someone on the CC board.

Here is the setlist in order:
    Spoonman
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Like A Stone
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Seasons
    Scar On The Sky *
    Can't Change Me *
    Redemption Song *
    Doesn't Remind Me *1/2
    You Know My Name
    Outshined
    Fell On Black Days
    Loud Love
    Sunshower
    Cochise
    Your Soul Today
    Hunger Strike
    Black Hole Sun
    Mission
    Jesus Christ Pose

*Just Chris Acoustic
    *1/2 Chris started it off acoustic, then the band joined in.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    The show in Dallas last night was so great. So different to be so close to the band and damn that nigga Chris can sing. The set list was amazing - alot like the baltimore one I think. When I get home, I'll type up a review and complain a little about what a clusterfuck Dallas is.

Ok, I'm just a LITTLE bit jealous you got to see Chris in Big D. I wanna hear about it in more detail, as in a setlist, perhaps?

To call Dallas a 'clusterfuck' is an understatement, a big one. I will NEVER live in that city, ever. I kinda like the fact that most people generally hate Houston for whatever reason and don't wanna be here either. Good, I don't want em, our roads are nice, new, and typically provide for much smoother travel than DFW. Atleast where I reside anyway.
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    The show in Dallas last night was so great. So different to be so close to the band and damn that nigga Chris can sing. The set list was amazing - alot like the baltimore one I think. When I get home, I'll type up a review and complain a little about what a clusterfuck Dallas is.

It was a fantastic show, and I wish I could get down to Austin to see him again, but that aint gonna happen. His voice was perfect, the band was dead on, and it looked like everyone was having fun. It's so much nicer to go to a show and see the band members smiling at and joking with each other. It makes for a great environment, both for the band and the crowd. Anyway, this was the best show that I have been to in a long time, and I highly recommend that everyone do everything that you can to see him if he is touring a city near you!

I also have a lot of pictures, but they are very dark due to the fact that I was not using the flash on the camera. I'm gonna try to lighten the images up in photoshop, but I only have the software at work, so it's gonna be Monday before I even attempt the edits. I'll post them here once they are looking halfway decent.
  • Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    iluvcats wrote:
    no I'm not carrie and yes I love cats! I just know matt b/c he is a movie star.
    No seriously I met matt in baltimore in 2005 at a pearl jam gathering. We met at a bar in baltimore, first we were at the greene turtle then at a bar with a juke box called JDs. They played pj tunes most of the night. He showed me (online) his pics of him with Slash and with Scottie. Then I saw him in a bar before the pj show at verizon. The last time I saw the movie star was in a college bar in the fall, we all met there to see Ten, a pj tribute band.

SO cool- so Matt's a movie star? Too funny- I have two kitties that are the best!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awesome reversedarwinism! I read that he did MISSION!! :D Hell yes! Lovin the Euphoria Morning love! Here's to bunch more of it!! :D Also saw SUNSHOWER AND LOUD LOVE on the set. All of those together?? Amazing. Reading each set is too exciting and makes me fiend for more! I so wish I could go to L.A.

Oh and speaking of reviews...I'm still trying to finish my Philly one. :eek: :p haha. This is insane! The entire experience has just left me completely stuck.

Yeah, now that its been a day its still very overwhelming. Where to start? Well, I must say this concert experience was different because of being so close to the performers. It was really strange for me to realize that Cornell was making eye contact with me. Sure he just looked like a normal dude(doesn't sound like a normal dude), but I have listened to everyone of this guys cds from Ultramega OK to Revelations constantly for years now. Like I mean I'm truely in love/ obsessed with this guys music and now he's looking me in the face - whoa definately different. At the moment, I just nodded my head and smiled and sang along, but now it seams kinda crazy, ya know?

The performance was so great. The greatest vocal performance I've ever witnessed, for sure. Someone here said it right, this dude is on fire. He was definately passionate. Scar on the Sky was great and possibly that will be considered a classic in the future. He absolutely sang his heart out on SunShower. I could probably write a paragraph on each song, but I won't. Jesus Christ Pose was total fuckin God Head, and Say Hello to Heaven was....... well I could have cried, but I maintained. He played pretty much a perfect setlist IMO.

I'm surprised this was the chosen venue. He should have played the Nokia Theater. The crowd was very nice and I'm glad they didn't get rowdy, so I got to enjoy the show completey. In fact, one thing that blew me away was that my friend and some dude behind me both left for the restroom and the crowd actually let them cut back into the front where they originally were standing.

Before I bitch let me say I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. Now to bitch: DFW - I'm about equidistant for me to DFW and OKC and I much prefer the latter. I once lived in Dallas and go there at least once a month and one thing is constantly obvious - it is Clusterfuck, USA. The roads are the most rediculous bullshit. Get a map and look at that shit, and that doesn't even give you any idea of what driving in that place is like. But I'll be there next month bitching again, and if I'm trying to go somewhere new I'll probably get lost. Of course, the authentic mexican tacos are worth a trip to Harry Hines Blv. everytime.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! After I got tix for INDY and CINCY, I come home to see Chris is playing the LOUISVILLE PALACE!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, there goes more money. lol!
    3 times in one week. DAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
  • Options
    londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    Only one I've found so far is April 8th Minneapolis show over at Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=143200
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    ldordal wrote:
    SO cool- so Matt's a movie star? Too funny- I have two kitties that are the best!

Well I'm not a real movie star....but yeah :p
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    ldordal wrote:

not sure :)
    somebody on here said he was a movie star and that women drool over him. I don't; I am married and old enough to be matt's mom!
    I've got one fat cat with a medical problem. we took him to a vet. dermatologist and he's not better!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    stpmattb wrote:
    Well I'm not a real movie star....but yeah :p
    Ha Ha!! So Matt, I don't think I'm going to be doing the Virgin Fest- I get kind of freaked out at those big stadium shows! If you hear of anything cool in a smaller venue, let me know!
    Have a great day- It'll be a beautiful one!!
  • Options
    i'm not going to virgin fest either.

imagine the sunburn you'd get? i like having a cover like at rfk, you can change seats at the hsfival if it rains....but the thing i did not like about those festivals, was all the back and forth. I would be sitting there trying to watch fuel for example and all these people were going up and down the steps b/c they were not a fan. It's very distracting b/c you have so many bands and so many people!

yes he's not a movie star after all
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    OK - I mentioned a couple pages back that I had photos from the Dallas show, but they are either too dark to be recovered or my photoshop skills suck. I think it's a combo of both, but the photos I have are shit. The few that are well lit are very blurry, so I must have had my camera on the wrong setting. Sorry folks. Anyone else have any good photos? Or even better, a recording of the show??
  • Options
    lyrics question

is black hole sun = Hell? or does it represent depression?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Chris played THANK YOU tonight!!

:eek::o:o:eek:
    *faints*

God almighty. I'm getting lightheaded thinking about it. No way I woulda lived through all that!
    Can you imagine!? He fuckin played THANK YOU!? :eek:

Here's the entire orgasmic set.
    Check it out...Redemption song AND Billie Jean too! ALL of them. Wow! What an amazing night for amazing covers!

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Hunger Strike
    Be Yourself
    Rusty Cage
    Seasons
    Scar On The Sky *
    Redemption Song (Bob Marley) *
    Thank You (Led Zeppelin) *
    Can't Change Me
    What You Are
    Billie Jean
    Your Soul Today
    Cochise

(* = Solo Acoustic)

First Encore

Like A Stone
    Sunshower
    Black Hole Sun

2nd Encore
    Pretty Noose
    Slaves And Bulldozers
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Ha beat me to it Lydi.

WOW what a set!!!

REALLY makes me wish Toronto wasn't so early in the tour.
    I'm sure he'll be back tho.

DAMN I need to see this man live again!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    hehe. I was flippin the hell out and immediately had to come over here. :p
    And oh I know girl. With each passing show it's getting more and more painful to NOT BE THERE! LOL!! I'm seriously aching for more. Ow!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I love his version of thank you. I'm a huge Led Zep fan, but I never really liked the studio version of that song. The version on the BBC sessions is way better, but I actually like Cornell's version even better. (listening to the unplugged in sweeden) - yeah, Cornell's version is definately my fave.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    It's becoming painful to look at these setlists.

I can't imagine what else he's going to play this tour. Wish he stayed more than one night in each city. :/

Hopefully, someone's recording these shows.
  • Options
    I hear that reversedarwinism! Huge Zeppelin fan here as well and THANK YOU is actually one of my fav songs of all time by the mighty band. :D To have CC covering it is such a blessing from above. :o It's one of the most amazing things I have ever ever heard. He does it some serious justice and THEN SOME.

*sigh*
    I also hear you on that too piaget77. It really is getting painful. Each set is one more of TORTURE!! We are such greedy little brats. :p haha. I really can't even think about what's about to go down at the L.A. show that I was suppose to but won't be at. *cries* It literally hurts!

But on the bright side...he WILL be back for a full blown tour soon enough. More than likely towards the end of the year I'm guessing?:) I know it's hard to fathom, but he's just getting warmed up. :eek: ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    totally wish i could just go to EVERY show! lol. i love how he keeps changing up the setlist a bit everytime, but it really makes me wish i could go to more shows to hear every song! :p
    ohh and i'll post my myspace link to my blog with my review of the Philly show! which was absolutely MAGICAL!
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=29461616&blogID=257460231&MyToken=df8410ac-4f2f-47a6-9b7a-2192b5e4fc24
    talk about a happy birthday! lol.
    there are some pics up too.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Is he going to add more meet and greets for NEWLY added shows???
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Is he going to add more meet and greets for NEWLY added shows???

I would definitely assume so. He's been very consistent with adding meet and greets to every announced show. In fact, the most recent contest to meet him just ended two days ago.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

2nd Encore
    Pretty Noose
    Slaves And Bulldozers

Oh man... I thought Slaves and Bulldozers was amazing by itself... but if he played Pretty Noose beforehand, I... I don't even know, but I would have been really excited. :D

I agree that seeing some of these setlists is really painful sometimes... but I shouldn't complain, because I saw one of the greatest shows ever in Philly.

...but still... Pretty Noose...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    This is me mentally slitting my wrists because I was so pre-occupied with Coachella that I forgot about the Cornell show tonight in LA.

Dear Lord.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dharma69 wrote:
    This is me mentally slitting my wrists because I was so pre-occupied with Coachella that I forgot about the Cornell show tonight in LA.

Dear Lord.

What?!?!? Did you have tickets??
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    mookie9999 wrote:
    What?!?!? Did you have tickets??
    No (thank GOD!)...but I could have easily ebayed them...but I was Coachelled to death and simply forgot.

Oye.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dharma69 wrote:

Dear Lord.

fool!
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Lastnight was so insane! His stage presence is amazing and that voice turns me to jello. AWESOME show. I had just as good of a time as I do seeing Pearl Jam and that speaks volumes in my book. The setlist was rockin'. PLUS, he's so delicious. Good times. :D
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Avalon Setlist:

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello 2 Heaven
    Hunger Strike
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Seasons
    *Scar on the Sky
    *I am the Highway
    *Can't Change Me
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Your Soul Today
    Billie Jean
    Cochise

Like a Stone
    Sunshower
    Black Hole Sun

She'll Never be Your Man
    Zero Change (by request, setlist: Show Me How to Live)
    Slaves and Bulldozers

*Chris Solo
  • Options
    Reynaldo6Reynaldo6 Posts: 80
    I am going to see him in three weeks and i cant wait. should i be looking foward to him playing some Temple of the Dog songs or just stuff from his solo album?
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me