Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    locked wrote:

2) As other posters have mentioned.. this band kicks ass! The do audioslave better than audioslave ever did...

thanks for the setlist and added thoughts on the show. HOWEVER, this band DOES NOT do Audioslave better than Audioslave. give me a break. i had a chance to see Cornell with this new band, and it was great, but this new band doesn't match the presence of tom, tim, and brad.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Yeah, Manchester would be great. Can't get down to London & can't make the Scotland gig, even thoug it's my birthday !!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    PJammin' wrote:
    thanks for the setlist and added thoughts on the show. HOWEVER, this band DOES NOT do Audioslave better than Audioslave. give me a break. i had a chance to see Cornell with this new band, and it was great, but this new band doesn't match the presence of tom, tim, and brad.

matter of personal opinion.. I suppose..

Having seem both versions in the identical venue.. I'm a pretty good judge..

If your a big RATM fan.. I can see where you'd get pissed at a comment like mine..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    that looks like an amazing set. makes me wish i coulda went to every show this tour.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    locked wrote:
    matter of personal opinion.. I suppose..

Having seem both versions in the identical venue.. I'm a pretty good judge..

If your a big RATM fan.. I can see where you'd get pissed at a comment like mine..

I wasn't all that impressed by Chris' band when I saw them at First Ave, they are decent but nothing special.I don't think you can say this band is better than Audioslave when you are still on the high of seeing Chris live less than 24 hours ago, give it some time before making statements like that.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    holtz wrote:
    I wasn't all that impressed by Chris' band when I saw them at First Ave, they are decent but nothing special.I don't think you can say this band is better than Audioslave when you are still on the high of seeing Chris live less than 24 hours ago, give it some time before making statements like that.

I've now come down from the high of seeing CC Monday at Irving Plaza. While I still think the show and setlist were amazing, one thought that keeps going through my head, is that I hope that PJ never break up because this was no way to see those songs! As much as I enjoyed Jesus Christ Pose, I would have given almost anything to have seen Ben, Kim, and Matt up there as opposed to the band he has behind him. I'm sure the Audioslave fans feel the same.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    holtz wrote:

I was never impressed with anyone other than Chris in Audioslave..

and in my opinion, Tommy plays the same "whacky fuzzed-out alien" guitar solo on every song..

again.. my opinion
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    They seem to be pulling out new surprises in their set list at each and every show... God knows what's next.

I'm calling it... No Attention in Philly!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:

I'm calling it... No Attention in Philly!

Followed by Ty Cobb!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• rmnsf936rmnsf936 Posts: 58
    Anyone at the Boston show really like what they did at the end of Black Hole SUn, the whole bluesy solo?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    locked wrote:
    I was never impressed with anyone other than Chris in Audioslave..

and in my opinion, Tommy plays the same "whacky fuzzed-out alien" guitar solo on every song..

again.. my opinion

I did like Audioslave, though I agree with you on the Morello bit... his solos did seem repetitive and sometimes there just for the sake of having a solo in a song.. found that a lot with the third album.... Also, Brad has a lot of power in his drumming but I found it a bit unispiring..run of the mill stuff. Though together they but on a damn fine show when I saw them!!!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I've now come down from the high of seeing CC Monday at Irving Plaza. While I still think the show and setlist were amazing, one thought that keeps going through my head, is that I hope that PJ never break up because this was no way to see those songs! As much as I enjoyed Jesus Christ Pose, I would have given almost anything to have seen Ben, Kim, and Matt up there as opposed to the band he has behind him. I'm sure the Audioslave fans feel the same.

Think of it this way though... if it were Soundgarden playing JCP, then you wouldn't get to hear any Audioslave or solo material. And if it were Audioslave performing, then you'd be lucky if you heard even a fraction of the SG material being played at these shows.

So be grateful, dammit! :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    rmnsf936 wrote:
    Anyone at the Boston show really like what they did at the end of Black Hole SUn, the whole bluesy solo?

honestly anything between his perfomance "Say Hello 2 Heaven" (thought I'd never see live) and "Slaves and Bulldozers" was a blur...

at one point during "Slaves and Bulldozers", Chris kind of looked around at the rest of the band and crowd going freaking nuts , and cracked a sly grin ...

It was like "Man! this works..!"...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Every word I said is what I mean
    Every word I said is what I mean
    Everything I gave is what I need

Virgin eyes and dirty looks
    On what I have and why I took
    Counting all the hands I shook

Now I know why you've been shaking
    Now I know why you've been shaking
    So bleed your heart out
    There's no more rides for free
    Bleed your heart out

I said what's in it for me?

Everything I've held is what I've freed
    Everything I've held is what I've freed
    Everything I've shown is what I feel

Buying lies and stealing jokes
    And laughing every time I choke
    Biding all the time you took

Now I know why you've been taken
    Now I know why you've been taken

So bleed your heart out
    There's no more rides for free
    Bleed your heart out

I said what is in it for me ?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Fucking epic show last night!!! Wish he had thrown in the alive tag into slaves and bulldozers like he used to do back in 92!! Easily one of the greatest shows i have ever been to.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    locked wrote:
    honestly anything between his perfomance "Say Hello 2 Heaven" (thought I'd never see live) and "Slaves and Bulldozers" was a blur...

at one point during "Slaves and Bulldozers", Chris kind of looked around at the rest of the band and crowd going freaking nuts , and cracked a sly grin ...

It was like "Man! this works..!"...

Sounds amazing!...hopefully he’s going to be hitting Vancouver some time soon!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Just home from seeing and meeting Chris.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/ChrisandMe1.jpg

WMMR the local rock station in Philly had a Storytellers type thing this afternoon where Chris was interviewed for an hour and half or so and played four songs. Then he had a meet and greet with the 75 fans or so in attendance. It was in a local bar in Philly and really cool.

He played:

I Am the Highway
    Can't Change Me
    No Such Thing
    Black Hole Sun

He also told a ton of great stories about his motorcycle crash, his songwriting process, about how Hunger Strike was the last song added to the Temple of the Dog album, living in Paris and about why he chose to cover Billie Jean.

The interview and songs will be on wmmr.com at 12 noon Eastern time on Monday and you can listen on the link I just listed.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Holy shit! He's playin INDY and NASHVILLE!!!!!!!!! When do Nahsville tix go on sale??????

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    I can't believe he played Slaves and Bulldozers!!! Hopefully, recordings of these shows will surface...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i agree with the poster above me(the 2nd part of her post), it was bs the way tix were done for this tour. u had to pray to get tix for these shows espically in nyc, i tried to get em just like everyone else and within 20 minutes later u saw a bunch of them going up on ebay for 200 bucks or so, thats just so wrong in many different ways .hopefully chris does the solo thing for good and has a fan club like pj does.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:
    The time on your ticket is only for doors. When Rams Head mails you the tickets, they write the show time on the envelope. My envelope as well as the CC website both say 8:30pm :)

The time on my "print at home" ticket is only for show time 8:30 p :D
    The RHL website always explains doors vs. show time too
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Solat13 wrote:
    Just home from seeing and meeting Chris.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/ChrisandMe1.jpg

WMMR the local rock station in Philly had a Storytellers type thing this afternoon where Chris was interviewed for an hour and half or so and played four songs. Then he had a meet and greet with the 75 fans or so in attendance. It was in a local bar in Philly and really cool.

He played:

I Am the Highway
    Can't Change Me
    No Such Thing
    Black Hole Sun

He also told a ton of great stories about his motorcycle crash, his songwriting process, about how Hunger Strike was the last song added to the Temple of the Dog album, living in Paris and about why he chose to cover Billie Jean.

The interview and songs will be on wmmr.com at 12 noon Eastern time on Monday and you can listen on the link I just listed.

lucky you!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • chris is on fire at the moment :)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    Somebody HAS to have info on Nashville. Notta on ticketmaster, and nothin on the city hall website. This sucks!
    i agree with the poster above me(the 2nd part of her post), it was bs the way tix were done for this tour. u had to pray to get tix for these shows espically in nyc, i tried to get em just like everyone else and within 20 minutes later u saw a bunch of them going up on ebay for 200 bucks or so, thats just so wrong in many different ways .hopefully chris does the solo thing for good and has a fan club like pj does.

I was actually one of the lucky few who got through on Tickebastard. I remember someone posting on here that everyone in line that bought at the venue got tickets even though it sold out in seconds on TM. I've never heard of that before, but if that is the case it's only encouraging scalpers to pay the homeless once again to corner both markets. CC definitely needs a pj type system!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• rmnsf936rmnsf936 Posts: 58
    I got my tickets on ebay for 50 dollars. I thought most of the tickets where going for 50 on ebay at least thats what a general search for chris cornell on ebay came up with. I actually think they sold way too many tickets for the Avalon in Boston it was way too packed.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    im so very excited for the show tomorrow :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    So am I. It's gonna be awesome.

It kills me though... that Boston setlist is like a dream setlist for me... so I know I am gonna miss out on some of the songs. Since he seems to be busting out a new SG song each time, I was hoping for an appearance of Gun, but that is probably very unlikely due to the VT situation.

So I'm hoping for Limowreck!
  • ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    First of all, can someone tell what the "PJ" way of selling tickets is? I was able to get 2 to his show in DC last year on TM with no problems, but just wondered maybe there is a reason why???? Also, I got 2 tics for Chris on TM- but not online (and I learned this with the Incubus show at the 930)- when it got too hairy I picked up the phone and called TM and got them! Now, I do have to say I was shocked when hours later after it was "sold out" that I was able to get them on the RHL site- I do agree that was weird! That whole system seems like it needs to be revamped! These F***ing scalpers piss me off!
    NOTHING on Nashville show yet? This is drving me mad! It's on his site, on pollstar, but NOT ticketmaster, NOR the venue. ARGGGG