• Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Just got tickets for Boston tomorrow. Can't wait
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Nitro wrote:
    Just got tickets for Boston tomorrow. Can't wait

I should be easy to find..

I'll be one of the "few" people in a PJ shirt..!

(ya, right!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    DOSW wrote:
    Man, I'm almost ashamed to admit it... but last night I was listening to some Soundgarden and Audioslave, and I was just so pumped up for the Philly show that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. I think my man-crush on Chris Cornell is getting a little bit out of hand. :D

4 days.

you shouldn't be worried, having a man-crush on CC is quite common ;)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    has he been playing Preaching the End of the World?
  • Options
    rmnsf936rmnsf936 Posts: 58
    I'm praying for "Say Hello to Heaven" in Boston too!
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    has he been playing Preaching the End of the World?

Nope, not yet. Hasn't been playing much off of Euphoria Morning.
  • Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    The best I've heard of him since the breakup- this PROVES he IS the epitome of a ROCK GOD!!!
    WOW!
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:
    Their website has had the error for awhile, and they haven't done anything about it. No worries, he will be in Baltimore and not Annapolis :)

if he's not on that stage by 8:35 p.m., I am blaming you!

:p
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    I hope he will include South America...it would be amazing!!!
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Options
    ldordalldordal Posts: 18
    That brings back great memories when I was stationed in that area!! What a great radio station! If anyone need a TIC for B'More- let me know! I'll be at the venue early and can meet you at the front door!
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Man, I'm almost ashamed to admit it... but last night I was listening to some Soundgarden and Audioslave, and I was just so pumped up for the Philly show that I couldn't get to sleep for hours. I think my man-crush on Chris Cornell is getting a little bit out of hand. :D

4 days.

roflmao, yeah I'm a lil obsessed with the Cornell catalog myself. Not going to call it a "man-crush", but I listen to every album of his pretty much all the time. I do notice a lot of females(hopefully) commenting on his appearence a long with his music, so may be there will be lots of "talent" at the show.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:

4 days.

roflmao, yeah I'm a lil obsessed with the Cornell catalog myself. Not going to call it a "man-crush", but I listen to every album of his pretty much all the time. I do notice a lot of females(hopefully) commenting on his appearence a long with his music, so may be there will be lots of "talent" at the show.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Anyone going to the May 1st show at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, AZ?

Thanks,
    KJ
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Damn! I've been listening to SAFE AND SOUND non-stop. Without a doubt my fav of what we've heard so far. :o This song has it. What a GORGEOUS classic! Dripping sweet with soul power. Whew! Very much IN LOVE. :o

And bless some kind soul on the CC board for coverting the vid over to mp3 format. YAY!! Thank you!! :D Repeat sessions on Youtube arent all that convenient. :p

http://rs104.rapidshare.com/files/26579798/Chris_Cornell_-_Safe_and_Sound__live_.mp3

Hey DOSW...rock on with the man-crush. It's a truly beautiful thing!
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Just got this...
    :D:D:D

-Chris Cornell Street Team-

Hey everyone,

First off, a few words from the man:

"Hi, this is Chris Cornell writing to all of you to thank you so much for the
    ongoing enthusiasm for the music that I make as well as the amazing support you
    have all given me through the years. 2007 marks my 20th anniversary of being a
    recording artist. I have always viewed this as a privilege and have never taken
    for granted that it is you the fans who make this possible. Thanks very much for
    being part of my street team. I am looking forward to meeting all of you as I
    continue the tour. YOU GUYS RULE!
    Your friend always,
    Chris"

And now down to business:

What to Expect

While we're getting everything together, we'll keep in contact through this e-mail
    node. Eventually, we'll have our own space on chriscornell.com where you'll be
    able to download flyers, keep in touch, and find out what's going on with the
    team. You can also check Chris' My Space and Clare's fan page for updates.

We want this to be fun and rewarding with a little bit of work thrown in. We'll
    make sure people know who is in their area so they can get together and work
    together. Rewards? Chris means it when he says he wants to meet everyone. We'll be
    working out the details as the team gets going.

Whether you participate in person by going to local record stores or shows and
    handing out flyers, or if you participate on line only, we consider you part of
    the team and eligible for whatever perks we can get our hands on for you.

Organization

1) You've requested to be added by either writing to InTheFog @ clubaudiophiles or
    Bill/Audioslaved or both. We've put both lists together so there may be some
    overlap. If you receive this at two different e-mail addresses - reply and let us
    know which one you want used.

2) If you wrote to Bill/Audioslaved, we need to know where in the world you're
    located. Reply back (please do not reply to all) and let us know your
    city/state/zip in the US, city/provence/postal code in Canada, or city and country
    everywhere else.

3) For either of the above, use a subject of "organization".

First bit of fun...a contest!

It'd be great if we can identify ourselves with a common name. What do you think
    we should call ourselves? Think about it. Use your creativity. Send us your
    suggestions. We'll have something special for a lucky entry. Use the subject "name
    the team" when responding to be eligible.

Thanks for your patience while we work out the rest of the details. Looking
    forward to working with everyone!

Team Admins

Wooooooooooooooooooow.
    This is gonna be amazing!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Has he been selling concert posters and shirts at the show?
  • Options
    anyone know what I can expect for the set time for the Boston show tonight?.

His website says:

"7pm Doors 8pm" .... and then over on the right hand corner it says "9pm"?

WTF..?

Thanks is advance
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    They all say 9pm, but that is incorrect.

He will be on at 8pm :)
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    locked wrote:
    anyone know what I can expect for the set time for the Boston show tonight?.

His website says:

"7pm Doors 8pm" .... and then over on the right hand corner it says "9pm"?

WTF..?

Thanks is advance

At Irving Plaza doors were at 8 he came out at 9:20.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    rmnsf936 wrote:
    Has he been selling concert posters and shirts at the show?

yes on shirts.

there was a poster for chicago and there's also gonna be one for philly, but i think that's it so far. there wasn't one at irving plaza (at least when i got there).
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:
    They all say 9pm, but that is incorrect.

He will be on at 8pm :)

yeah I would never go a website :) webmasters could screw everything up!
    I would go by my ticket times.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    iluvcats wrote:
    yeah I would never go a website :) webmasters could screw everything up!
    I would go by my ticket times.

The time on your ticket is only for doors. When Rams Head mails you the tickets, they write the show time on the envelope. My envelope as well as the CC website both say 8:30pm :)
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Just checking here to make sure... cameras will be allowed for the show at the TLA, right? I know their policy is normally that you're allowed to bring cameras, but I don't know if there's any rule against it for some specific shows. I couldn't find anything on the LiveNation website.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Crazy show! He played redemption song and he came back for a second encore and played an epic song. SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS, with a drum solo. AMZING and EPIC =P. I'll write more tommorow I'm beat
  • Options
    rmnsf936 wrote:
    SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS, with a drum solo

---:eek:--:eek:--:eek:--->
    SWEET LORD!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    tickets are on sale now for Carling Academy, Glasgow, Scotland, on June 27th
    http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=245487&userid=%7BEFC891EA-9F45-452F-85E7-E568F7DAA917%7D&filler1=see
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    rmnsf936 wrote:
    Crazy show! He played redemption song and he came back for a second encore and played an epic song. SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS, with a drum solo. AMZING and EPIC =P. I'll write more tommorow I'm beat

the show was everything that was promised and more,,,

First off..
    Doors were at 7:30
    Band came on at 8:50 (with the Clash's white riot on the PA system)

Setlist (best I can recall and not exactly in order):

SPOONMAN
    OUTSHINED
    HUNGER STRIKE
    PRETTY NOOSE
    BURDEN IN MY HAND
    LIKE A STONE
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Can't Change Me (acoustic)
    Doesn't Remind Me (1/2 acoustic)
    COCHISE
    REDEMPTION SONG(acoustic)
    SEASONS
    Ghost (new song / live debut)
    RUSTY CAGE

1st encore:
    SAY HELLO 2 HEAVEN
    BLACK HOLE SUN

2nd encore:
    Slaves & Bulldozers (from SG badmotorfinger)

an ab-solute

'balls to the wall.. satan and hellfire death music evil lives within us"
    performance...

Cornell was Lucifer himself signing that song..

a show stopper that I will never forget!

Yes, that good..

Final points:

1) I can only conclude that Cornell must have gone though a voice box transplant becuase his sings like he did in his twenties.. whails without limitation.. I saw him at this same venue with Audioslave during their debut tour and he was aweful...just aweful.. vocals were burnt to a crisp..

2) As other posters have mentioned.. this band kicks ass! The do audioslave better than audioslave ever did... and the soundgarden numbers where thunderous!...

If you have tickets to any future shows, consider yourself blessed!..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    tickets are on sale now for Carling Academy, Glasgow, Scotland, on June 27th
    http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=245487&userid=%7BEFC891EA-9F45-452F-85E7-E568F7DAA917%7D&filler1=see
    Excellent. Now all we need is Manchester!
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07