Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    mmm.not as sure as Rita about 11.30 bus.

tickets say 7pm doors, so that normally mean he'd be hitting the stage about 9pm..the show I have downloaded (Minneapolis) runs just shy of 100mn, without encore break...so 10.30 is not likely, more likely 10.45... still doable ..but that'll be close (taxi journey time would be about 10mn, that's what it takes me on the bike, but tube would take you 20-25, plus 5-10mn walk from victoria station to the bus coach station..assuming there's no problems on the tube)

Do you HAVE TO book the return? how much more would be an open return?

yeah i kinda do have to get it all booked and sorted out

taxi would be the preferred option to get back to the bus, 99% sure of it, don't want to do the tube as me and my mate have no idea as far as london and all things london are concerned...
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Is it just me who was blown away by the Say hello 2 heaven video?!

I was blown away from it when I saw it front row. ;)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I was blown away from it when I saw it front row. ;)

You lucky lucky thing! I hope he plays it at more shows, it must have been amazing to hear it live! Man his voice is sounding so much better these days, it's crazy how he went from some really dodgy shows with Audioslave to now having the same voice he had in the mid 90's.
  • Options
    You wouldn't happen to be the girl wearing the Pearl Jam hoodie?

Hey, I was wearing one in the lineup under my jacket. I was 8th in line, but once inside I had on a blue Pearl Jam Baby T from the Canadian tour and black jeans.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Tomorrow night! Irving Plaza!! Can't Fucking Wait!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    has anyone received their tickets for CC at the astoria yet?

it's just that i saw on ebay that a guy selling 2 tickets has a picture of them on his auction...

Yeah mine came wed/thurs? Give it a couple more days then give 'em a bell.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Hey, I was wearing one in the lineup under my jacket. I was 8th in line, but once inside I had on a blue Pearl Jam Baby T from the Canadian tour and black jeans.

I was right by you in line. I was wearing a Pearl Jam hoodie too.
  • Options
    I was right by you in line. I was wearing a Pearl Jam hoodie too.

I think I saw you. You were wearing the same hoodie as me I think. The thick navy one from the last tour with the yellow writing on the front?

Great show huh.
    BTW I owe Justam a HUGE thank you for holding my spot on the rail. My girl K*Rock was late getting to the venue and my ticket was at will call under her name. It was so depressing standing at the door watching everyone get let in haha. Ohh well the show MORE than made up for it hehe.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    I think I saw you. You were wearing the same hoodie as me I think. The thick navy one from the last tour with the yellow writing on the front?

Yeah.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    So how early do you have to wait outside the venue if you want to get in the first couple rows? Just wondering... I don't want to get there 8 hours early if I don't have to. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    So how early do you have to wait outside the venue if you want to get in the first couple rows? Just wondering... I don't want to get there 8 hours early if I don't have to. :D

I got there at like 4:20pm and was 8th in line here in Toronto. The people in front of me arrived at 3pm. Dunno if this will be the same in every city. The doors here opened just after 7pm
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    yeah i kinda do have to get it all booked and sorted out

taxi would be the preferred option to get back to the bus, 99% sure of it, don't want to do the tube as me and my mate have no idea as far as london and all things london are concerned...

Jack.. it's dead easy... here.. have a look here.. can help you with your travel in london! http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:

Krohn and I waited for less than an hour and we still managed to get 3rd row!

My only complaint is that the show was sorta short..still amazing...but I thought he would have played a bit longer.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    Anyone with an extra for Irving Plaza tomorrow night?

PLEASE PM me if you do.

Thanks

I will pay more than face
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    MUCHMUSIC is up now :D

http://axs.muchmusic.com/?fr_chl=c69074287a5fe85d1ef293901343fe33e81ef843&fr_story=b37fbcc8b75c08277fee9c50900d0b364c044df4

Gonna try to watch it right now. I think I can just change my location and it should work, yeah? I'll be looking for you Mel!

And SAY HELLO 2 HEAVEN!?:eek: Wow! So that really happened then? I am dying to see this!! Weirdest thing though...I followed that Myspace music video link and can't view it!! The link just takes me to the main video page. Then I even tried searching for CC and SAY HELLO TO HEAVEN was the first vid to show up in the search. As soon as I clicked on it...I was once again taken back to the main homepage! What in the??? Guess I'll have to wait for Youtube. I'm sure it'll be up soon enough. WOW! I'm still floored. :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Dang! So I guess it really is restricted to Canadians. I so don't understand the geographical discrimination. :p But anyways...
    Sure enough some kind soul at the CC board has just started uploading them to Youtube. SPOONMAN is up as of now...
    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyxKQwEBH70

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    thanks Lyd.....I must say HE sounds better on this song than I heard him with AS.....I mean his voice sounds stronger and more able to stretch to the higer notes......

:)
  • Options
    Momma!! :) You're welcome. I know. I totally agree. His voice has really reached new levels these days. It just makes ya feel so proud. :D
    edwho wrote:
    Chris or Ed, who has the best stage t-shirts?

hehe and I just saw this. I'll play along. ;) They're definitely totally different styles, huh? CC's recent style is very pretty and perfectly put together looking. He does have some hella nice, stylish clothes. But I think I'm gonna have to go with Ed here. I just love all of his vintage shirts. And he specifically has a super kick ass collection of vintage band shirts.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Much More Music DVD is up on youkan

http://www.youkanland.com/torrents-details.php?id=1016
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Chris and Ed both have t-shirts their moms should have thrown away by now :o Look real close someone is keeping their shirts alive :) Inside Ed’s right sleeve shows what's holding that sucker together and Chris’s t-shirt is full of holes but has all new stitching.

Chris Cornell Chicago 2007 http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/usedbucket/arpil112007chriscornell204.jpg

Ed Chicago 2006 http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/usedbucket/3635PearlJamChicagoI2006.jpg

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    Where did you download the Minneapolis show please?

You can see Page 31 of this thread. I grabbed the link from the Cornell board..
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    ahhh last nights show was amazing!!! say hello to heaven, all night thing and fuckin RUSTY CAGE!!! were my highlights! cornell still has that god like appearance on stage....i was just standing there in awe...his voice sounded great! the band sounded great! the crowd was rather tightly packed lol. the venue was very small and it smelled like wonderful green sticky bud the entire show! lol glad i had my drug test last week lol. the show was short and we missed the first 3 songs looking for the non-existant parking at the venue :( i believe it started at 8 and was over by 930!! early night...so we headed back to the loose moose for a nightcap! :) and then got some awesome hot dogs before making a run to the border! ;) thanks to jack for driving us back! and thanks to jack and heather for yet another lovely night and memorable event! :)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    It was worth waiting outside in line for a few hours to be up on the front rail. :)

ACCBootlegGoddess and I had such a good view and got setlists too. :)

I enjoyed all the songs, but I noticed that the band didn't really have the Soundgarden songs learned all that well yet. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    anyone with an extra irving plaza tix, ill pay for both tix and beers all night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ACC...thank you so much for sending me that link for SAY HELLO TO HEAVEN. :o:o:o I just watched it and have tears streaming down my face. That WAS heaven. Good god! CHRIS (OMG!!??) and the crowd alike. So beautiful it hurts!

I'm gonna be such an emotional wreck next weekend.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I'll second that!

littel eeny bit on youtube, i cant get the my space either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-yUoO5m1c

roll on may 16th

to the dude worried about catching train to manc from astoria, u may be better with the second train, but if it does end at 10,30 tubing it would take half hour forty five minutes with the walk to oxford circus (which is quicker than changing trains) so the first train should be ok. i t will be worth it judging by the reviews from across the pond..
  • Options
    Ummmm!?? I just read on the CC board that he played LOUD LOVE tonight!??? :eek:
    LOUD LOVE & ZERO CHANCE AT THE SAME SHOW?!?! :eek: I so cannot EVEN begin to deal with this!

Thank you for the pics mookie9999.
    Those are AMAZING!!!

Especially love this one...
    mookie9999 wrote:

:o Beautiful!

"Lo√e, you know the word