Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album

1235»

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    that video is pretty cool. didnt someone post a downloadable link on the yyy boards?
    just browsed the forum..all I could find is a link for the Yahoo Maps
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    have you guys heard this? (i couldn't because my soundboard is broken)

i saw in a music column, someone comparing 'gold lion' with 'No New Tale to Tell', from a band called Love and Rockets.

check it out...

http://igpop.blig.ig.com.br/imagens/plagios_yyy.mp3
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    brhf9 wrote:
    have you guys heard this? (i couldn't because my soundboard is broken)

i saw in a music column, someone comparing 'gold lion' with 'No New Tale to Tell', from a band called Love and Rockets.

check it out...

http://igpop.blig.ig.com.br/imagens/plagios_yyy.mp3

and i thought the rhcp, tom petty thing was a strech. with the hundreds of songs written stuff is gonna sound the same. long road/heroin, long gone day/voodoo(though i think godsmack did rip this one off) smells like teen spirit/some song by venom(i think). now ice, ice baby thats a rip off.

inappropriate post.

mp3? i think i have a lossless source of this. is this sbd or aud?

sbd = sound board?

i don't really know but the sound is ok.

inappropriate post.

• brhf9 wrote:
    sbd = sound board?

i don't really know but the sound is ok.

yep. im thinking its most likely the same source i have already but in mp3. maybe i should download it just incase.

oh and that heart shaped vinyl for the cheated hearts release is gonna rock.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i love this album. it is at the top of my itunes most played lists....

cheated hearts is great , the end of the album is a little rough..but the first seven kick azz
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    phenomena/honey bear are my favorite back to back songs on an album in a long time. im seeing them with sonic youth on friday!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    phenomena/honey bear are my favorite back to back songs on an album in a long time. im seeing them with sonic youth on friday!!

AWESOME combo!! that will be so fun......two great bands with good albums out now.....incinerate by sonic youth is good live.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I love this album myself. Gold Lion is among my favorite singles of the year. Brilliant.
    awesome..a new track out soon!!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Peaches collaboration gets UK release
    Two of rock's best frontwomen team up...
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs are to release a new single to coincide with their forthcoming UK festival appearances - and Peaches has helped out with the remix.

The New Yorkers put out 'Cheated Hearts' on September 4. It's the third track to be lifted from their new album 'Show Your Bones', which recently went gold in the UK.

The track will be available as a download bundle along with new song 'Thank You Were Wrong'. There will also be a heart shaped 7" with tattoo transfer insert, backed by a Peaches remix.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    cheated hearts is the 2006 version of maps. i read that somehwere and couldn't agree more.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    cheated hearts is the 2006 version of maps. i read that somehwere and couldn't agree more.
    i hope it's gonna get as much airplay as Maps....can't believe this new album is selling so poorly..it's by far the album of the year for me anyways.

YNWA
  • is cheated hearts even getting anything in the us? uk got the turn into single and they are getting cheated hearts also. i was under the impression that uk would get turn into and us would get cheated hearts but it looks like we got jipped a release.
    i can't stop listening to this album.

hoping to see them in October.

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    i can't stop listening to this album.

hoping to see them in October.
    me too!
    fuck when am i ever gonna get bored of this album!

anyone check out their Itunes only acoustic EP?
    Gold Lion and their cover of Diamond Sea sound pretty darn good.

anyone also actually heard "Thank You Were Wrong" either? still haven't got a chance to :(

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    me too!
    fuck when am i ever gonna get bored of this album!

anyone check out their Itunes only acoustic EP?
    Gold Lion and their cover of Diamond Sea sound pretty darn good.

anyone also actually heard "Thank You Were Wrong" either? still haven't got a chance to :(

hey, Azzurra fan, long time no see...

i never heard about this song, is it a b-side?

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    hey, Azzurra fan, long time no see...

i never heard about this song, is it a b-side?
    haha hey..yeh been busy

its the b-side for Cheated Hearts..apparently only available on Itunes i think.

YNWA
  • So I listened to this album once when it first come out and thought meh, now I cant stop laying it, it's took over like heroin takes over those silly enough to use it, the second hit and I was addicted.
    Every song is awesome.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    So I listened to this album once when it first come out and thought meh, now I cant stop laying it, it's took over like heroin takes over those silly enough to use it, the second hit and I was addicted.
    Every song is awesome.
    after months of not getting bored of SYB..i think it's a better album than Fever To Tell..
    just amazes me how this album is being ignore by the public..especially in the US.
    just hope a follow up will come next and not the rumored split..

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    after months of not getting bored of SYB..i think it's a better album than Fever To Tell..
    just amazes me how this album is being ignore by the public..especially in the US.
    just hope a follow up will come next and not the rumored split..

It would be a shame if they split, although I could see it happening.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • they wont split, karen might finally do her own album and nick and brian have other bands, but they have been touring and recording pretty heavy for the last few years. so maybe a break for a bit, maybe not. from what i heard it seems the split rumor came from recording tensions. and im pretty sure nick even talked about that in some interview. so lets hope its all just water under the bridge. i havent heard any of the recent itunes songs or the rentals cover they did on aol or something. im too lazy to download mp3s. give me flac or give me death.
    they wont split, karen might finally do her own album and nick and brian have other bands, but they have been touring and recording pretty heavy for the last few years. so maybe a break for a bit, maybe not. from what i heard it seems the split rumor came from recording tensions. and im pretty sure nick even talked about that in some interview. so lets hope its all just water under the bridge. i havent heard any of the recent itunes songs or the rentals cover they did on aol or something. im too lazy to download mp3s. give me flac or give me death.
    can definitely see a Karen O solo thing in the future..would be an interesting ride

lol..good luck finding them flacs cos those are killer tunes you're missing out on!
    personally love the acoustic version of Gold Lion,Diamond Sea and The Rentals cover from AOL.

YNWA
  • from what i heard it seems the split rumor came from recording tensions. and im pretty sure nick even talked about that in some interview. so lets hope its all just water under the bridge. [iquote]

The split rumors were a bunch of bullshit started by SPIN magazine. I wouldn't put too much into it.

Awesome album; fun band to watch live. Here's hoping they will be around for a long time!
    finally a link for Thank You Were Wrong..enjoy..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2ABC5A5B5D4CFA43

YNWA
  • i gave in and actually download these yesterday. the rentals cover is the best of the recent songs. the mp3 i have is a bit distorted. thank you were wrong sounds reminds me of the shoe commerical (hello tomorrow) but a million times better.
    check out Karen O's contribution to the Jackass 2 soundtrack titled Backass

http://www.savefile.com/files/121833

YNWA
  • anyone have the leaked demos?
    anyone have the leaked demos?
    i could only find one working link that is for track 5

http://www.savefile.com/files/331364

YNWA