Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    not a bad debut for SYB

"Just missing the top 10, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Show Your Bones" bows at No. 11 with 56,000 copies. The Dress Up/Interscope release far surpasses the first week of the group's last album, "Fever To Tell," which moved 15,000 in its opening frame back in April 2003 and ultimately posted its best week (21,000) in March 2004 after radio took to the single "Maps." "Fever" has sold 532,770 copies to date."

i was hopefully they could sell at least 100k copies in the first week but still a good start
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    not a bad debut for SYB

"Just missing the top 10, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Show Your Bones" bows at No. 11 with 56,000 copies. The Dress Up/Interscope release far surpasses the first week of the group's last album, "Fever To Tell," which moved 15,000 in its opening frame back in April 2003 and ultimately posted its best week (21,000) in March 2004 after radio took to the single "Maps." "Fever" has sold 532,770 copies to date."

i was hopefully they could sell at least 100k copies in the first week but still a good start

what chart is it? the billboard one?

No. 11 is good, for a not-household name.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    what chart is it? the billboard one?

No. 11 is good, for a not-household name.
    yup the Billboards

i honestly expected a higher debut...Maps made them pretty popular but maybe not household names yet.
    pity if such a good album doesnt sell as well as it should

YNWA
    has anyone heard or have the studio version of Sealings?
    heard only clips of it and damn its awesome so far.

YNWA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    i have a studio sealings its full of skips. dont know why it hasnt shown up on p2p yet either. its been out for nearly a month now i think
    i have a studio sealings its full of skips. dont know why it hasnt shown up on p2p yet either. its been out for nearly a month now i think
    yeh came out awhile back on Itunes
    damn i wanna hear the good studio version so badly..i heard aboot the skips so i din download it hoping a good version would be out by now.

YNWA
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Great album...been on my cd player all week

I love Cheated Hearts at the moment

"Sometimes i think im bigger than the sound"
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Great album...been on my cd player all week

I love Cheated Hearts at the moment

"Sometimes i think im bigger than the sound"
    i been listening to the album at least 4 times a day for 9 days and im still not bored of it!

have to say Cheated Hearts is one of me least fave tracks on the new one but it screams next single

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    has anyone heard or have the studio version of Sealings?
    heard only clips of it and damn its awesome so far.

'love is in the metal
    love is in the ooh-ooh
    who loves who? '

inappropriate post.

my search for the studio version of Sealings is still unsuccessful :(

but here's a neat article from Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/yeahyeahyeahs/articles/story/9596960/yeah_yeah_yeahs_goth_nerd_slut?rnd=1144664905982&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1040

YNWA

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    my search for the studio version of Sealings is still unsuccessful :(

but here's a neat article from Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/yeahyeahyeahs/articles/story/9596960/yeah_yeah_yeahs_goth_nerd_slut?rnd=1144664905982&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1040

'But she got the fear when she heard Clarkson's smash "Since U Been Gone," which features the guitar break from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Maps" -- not a sample, just a precise replica.'

never noticed that, but now... true that!

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    'But she got the fear when she heard Clarkson's smash "Since U Been Gone," which features the guitar break from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Maps" -- not a sample, just a precise replica.'

never noticed that, but now... true that!
    i never noticed it meself..in fact i can't even remember how that Kelly Clarkson song went cept for the chorus.

YNWA
  • yeah i like the new yyys.

the reason I'm posting in the thread is to ask this without getting hated on: does anyone else really really really really not like the new pearl jam song?
    this heart's on fire
    yeah i like the new yyys.

the reason I'm posting in the thread is to ask this without getting hated on: does anyone else really really really really not like the new pearl jam song?
    i really hate WWS..but i love Unemployable
    i do like the live version of WWS from the AOL sessions though ;)

sssh..keep it between us but i think new YYY shits all over WWS ;)

YNWA
    finally found a good link for Sealings without skips from the YYY board

http://www.savefile.com/projects2.php?fid=2582720&pid=403234

enjoy guys

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    finally found a good link for Sealings without skips from the YYY board

http://www.savefile.com/projects2.php?fid=2582720&pid=403234

enjoy guys

wow!!

great, great link!! so many songs that i havent heard yet.

thanks mr. IzzyHatfield...

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    thanks mr. IzzyHatfield...
    not bad..how did you know Izzy and James Hetfield were my 2nd fave members in their bands ;)

but yeh..Sealings is really good...it should have been on SYB.
    i hope it's released somehow as a b-side or on that rumored EP.

YNWA
  • Have herd phenomena and gold lion down here on the radio and am digging it.

cant get phenomena outta my head, love that punchy chorus.

after reading you guys' reviews i think i might pick up 'SYB' when i pick up 'pearl jam'.
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
    Have herd phenomena and gold lion down here on the radio and am digging it.

cant get phenomena outta my head, love that punchy chorus.

after reading you guys' reviews i think i might pick up 'SYB' when i pick up 'pearl jam'.
    hell yeh..Phenomena is great..super chorus..it would make a great second single especially considering the surprising low sales in the US.

yeh do yerself a favor and pick SYB too :)

YNWA

YNWA
    looks like "Turn Into" will be the next single...darn i would have prefered "Phenomena" or "Way Out"

YNWA
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    They're curating the ATP in UK next week. Nice selection of bands. I think he YYYs day is as good as the Mudhoney one.

Mudhoney and YYY's in 1 weekend. You are spoiled pirats !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
    Suicide Girls interviews Karen..interesting..

http://suicidegirls.com/words/Yeah+Yeah+Yeahs+-+Karen+O/

YNWA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    looks like turn into is the next single for sure. ive seen turn into promos on ebay uk already. havent heard anything about a date for its release but i havent been paying the closest attention.
    looks like turn into is the next single for sure. ive seen turn into promos on ebay uk already. havent heard anything about a date for its release but i havent been paying the closest attention.
    yeh i seen the promos as well on eBay
    heard the single should be out in mid June..no news on b-sides etc yet though.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    the new guy is Imaad Wasif if im not wrong
    i think he's gonna be a touring member cos some of the new tracks on SYB really needs 2 guitarists.

Yeh i went to the Barrowlands to seem them on Friday and what a show. What a dancer Karen is and stunning costume. Brillant all the way.
    Raise your hands in the air and give me a hell yeah!
    Yeh i went to the Barrowlands to seem them on Friday and what a show. What a dancer Karen is and stunning costume. Brillant all the way.
    awesome..glad yer had fun
    Karen's just brilliant! and her costumes well..they are definitely out of this world.

YNWA
  • i like this one,
    but not nearly as much as the first record.
    :(

they could cut out their attempt at "rap" and i wouldn't be upset, either.

more noise, more noise!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?