Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Code13 wrote:
    I would agree that Gold Lion is one of the weakest songs on the album.
    great more confirmation haha
    cannot wait for the 28th!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    icarus wrote:
    lol
    very tempting....but luckily the 28th isnt too far away :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    icarus wrote:
    i think waiting for chinese democracy has gotten into your head
    it's helped me become more patient...21 days doesnt seem so long when i been waiting 12 yrs for GN'R lol

YNWA
    heard the UK bonus track "Dejavu"
    damn what a track!!

YNWA
    icarus wrote:
    thought you were waiting eh?
    well i'm not gonna get the UK bonus track..so its ok to listen to it now haha

YNWA
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Bump

My most anticipated album in a long time. Finally drops tomorrow, I haven't listened to the leak or even the single. Can't wait. It is getting pretty good reviews(4/5 from RS, 9/10 from PopMatters), Pitchfork gave it a 6.8, but only gave Fever To Tell a 7 something.

Heard a lot of good things, can't wait to pick it up finally.
    already have it :D
    its really really good..better than Fever to Tell in the sense that it is more diverse
    so glad i waited and ignored the leaks..so worth it!
    the sleeve artwork is great too...has all the flags inside no lyrics though

YNWA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    To celebrate the release of the album, a quick interview with karen o, from blender.com

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1883

YYY's Karen O lets loose on new songs, old flames and her dream to rock a spandex space suit for Freddie Mercury.

By Mike Errico

Blender.com, March 2006

You've done the most dangerous thing in music — you've evolved. How dare you!
    [Laughs] Sorry, but, you know, I make no excuses for myself.

and yes, the album rocks!!!!!!!!!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    icarus wrote:
    phenomena is a great song
    yeh Phenomena and Way Out are me fave tracks so far.
    alot of the fans like Phenomena best too.

good interview with Blender as well..Queen tribute lol..

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Ok stupid because you guys aren't objective.

I don't know this band, but what kind of music is this and is it worth it to give it a try? And where do I have to start?
    Klumpie wrote:
    Ok stupid because you guys aren't objective.

I don't know this band, but what kind of music is this and is it worth it to give it a try? And where do I have to start?
    genre-wise...i don't know how to describe them..just too much going on with them..there are punk,garage,pop influences and their new album has abit of an acoustic feel going on.
    they have been branded as art rock.

place to start?
    i'd say can't go wrong with any of their releases but i'd say their new one cos it has a mixture of everything.
    my personal favorite is their debut EP.

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    genre-wise...i don't know how to describe them..just too much going on with them..there are punk,garage,pop influences and their new album has abit of an acoustic feel going on.
    they have been branded as art rock.

place to start?
    i'd say can't go wrong with any of their releases but i'd say their new one cos it has a mixture of everything.
    my personal favorite is their debut EP.

Ok thanks, I will give it a try.
    I can't get the LL Cool J song out of my head when I hear "Phenomena", she uses the exact same chorus line he does. really distrubing.

Really good album so far, other than Phenomena bugging me and one other song that sounds like some 80s teen pop song(can't place my finger on whether it sounds like a specific song or just the style in general), I really like all of the songs. I actually even like the 80s pop song, I'm just not sure if I should or not.

Their style on their first album was decidedly garage rock. This one is more refined and produced, it is hard to describe this album. But Fever To Tell = garage rock(with a softer side at the end).
  • words are a strange docile wheat, are they not?
    damn i love this album
    Honeybear and Mysteries are another 2 i love along with Phenomena and Way Out

and yeh agree this album is more refined,polished,produced while Fever to Tell was abit raw compared to SYB

YNWA
    CM1847 wrote:
    I can't get the LL Cool J song out of my head when I hear "Phenomena", she uses the exact same chorus line he does. really distrubing.

Really good album so far, other than Phenomena bugging me and one other song that sounds like some 80s teen pop song(can't place my finger on whether it sounds like a specific song or just the style in general), I really like all of the songs. I actually even like the 80s pop song, I'm just not sure if I should or not.

is it 'honeybear'? becuse the first 30s reminded me of 'don't let me be misunderstood' by santa esmeralda. but it's a killer tune. my favorite so far...

inappropriate post.

80s pop ruled!
    Honeybear rules too
    after a few more listens today...the last 3 tracks have really grown on me especially Warrior.

YNWA
    brhf9 wrote:
    is it 'honeybear'? becuse the first 30s reminded me of 'don't let me be misunderstood' by santa esmeralda. but it's a killer tune. my favorite so far...
    No, it is "Dudley", an 80s pop rewording of 'Buy You a Mockingbird.'

"Cheated Hearts" is my early favorite track. Pretty much the whole thing is gold, I really enjoy this one.
    CM1847 wrote:
    No, it is "Dudley", an 80s pop rewording of 'Buy You a Mockingbird.'

"Cheated Hearts" is my early favorite track. Pretty much the whole thing is gold, I really enjoy this one.
    this is freaky..im listening to Dudley as i read your reply lol
    Dudley is my least fave track on the album..but damn its still such a great track.

YNWA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    the sweets is my favorite right now. warrior is great also. the solo in turn into reminds me of the 50's style of solos but with effects.
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    As I type this I am falling more and more in love with this album, and Karen. I wasn't sure what I thought of this band, but now it's clear.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    As I type this I am falling more and more in love with this album, and Karen. I wasn't sure what I thought of this band, but now it's clear.

you can fall for the album but take your eyes off karen. that big mouth of hers belongs to one man and one man only... :)

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    you can fall for the album but take your eyes off karen. that big mouth of hers belongs to one man and one man only... :)
    hope that's me! haha
    watching her on "Tell Me What Rockers to Swallow" was truly an orgasmic experience for me :)

YNWA
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Great record. I'm not sure what my favorite track is just yet. The thing is pretty solid start to finish.
    Inkdaub wrote:
    Great record. I'm not sure what my favorite track is just yet. The thing is pretty solid start to finish.
    yeh i can't decide whats me fave track as well cos they are all so good!
    love the car alarm sounds in Phenomena :D

YNWA
    for those who missed it..Gold Lion on Letterman
    enjoy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4NaA1u6DNk

YNWA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=89506

4 RECENT TV APPEARANCES OF THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS

1.GOLD LION TOP OF THE POPS
    2 MTV2 GOZO INTERVIEW AND ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE OF GOLD LION
    3 GOLD LION THE LETTERMAN SHOW
    4 THE ALBUM SHOW GOLD LION AND TURN INTO

MENU INCLUDED
    RUNNING TIME APPROX 27 MINS

LINEAGE
    SKY DIGITAL-PIONEER220 DVD RECORDER-TMPGEnc-you
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=89506

4 RECENT TV APPEARANCES OF THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS

1.GOLD LION TOP OF THE POPS
    2 MTV2 GOZO INTERVIEW AND ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE OF GOLD LION
    3 GOLD LION THE LETTERMAN SHOW
    4 THE ALBUM SHOW GOLD LION AND TURN INTO

MENU INCLUDED
    RUNNING TIME APPROX 27 MINS

LINEAGE
    SKY DIGITAL-PIONEER220 DVD RECORDER-TMPGEnc-you

login and password required...

inappropriate post.

AxlUlrich wrote:
    for those who missed it..Gold Lion on Letterman
    enjoy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4NaA1u6DNk

they addeded (sp?) a new guitar player or was just for that song? have anyone seem them live lately?

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    they addeded (sp?) a new guitar player or was just for that song? have anyone seem them live lately?
    the new guy is Imaad Wasif if im not wrong
    i think he's gonna be a touring member cos some of the new tracks on SYB really needs 2 guitarists.

YNWA