Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited August 2006 in Other Music
their new album titled "Show Your Bones" will be released March 28th!

this is from their site
"We have a title for the new record... SHOW YOUR BONES. It's coming out on March 28!!! Show Your Bones is what happens when you put your finger in a light socket. Maybe there is some of that electric current flowing through the tracks of our album illuminating us from the inside out for you to laugh at and cry to or fry to. Or not."
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the first single is going to be gold lion. i believe there is a dance remix already out there.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    the first single is going to be gold lion. i believe there is a dance remix already out there.
    yeh i read how Gold Lion will be the first single..just heard the remix on AOL...not bad..cant wait for the real thing.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    for those interested..here's the remix of Gold Lion
    http://thesymposium.us/music/y3_goldliondiplo.mp3

stream of the original is on the official site..definitely something different..loving it!

YNWA
    album cover looks decent
    http://images.umvd.com//Toenails/40e750e07c884d4486d39183eedc0315.jpg

video for Gold Lion will debut today on MTV2 UK

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    album cover looks decent
    http://images.umvd.com//Toenails/40e750e07c884d4486d39183eedc0315.jpg

video for Gold Lion will debut today on MTV2 UK

thats from the flag contest isnt it? im so stoked for the new album. i wish a tracklist would be released.
    thats from the flag contest isnt it? im so stoked for the new album. i wish a tracklist would be released.
    yeh it is
    have you heard "Let Me Know" yet?
    heard like 30 seconds and it sounds great..but dont think it's gonna be on the album :(

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh it is
    have you heard "Let Me Know" yet?
    heard like 30 seconds and it sounds great..but dont think it's gonna be on the album :(

nope ive been hoping to find it on some p2p.
  • it's about time :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    nope ive been hoping to find it on some p2p.
    yeh..im having no luck finding the full version

YNWA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i really liked the ep and the 'fever to tell' cd (especially the 'y-control' video. very cool), so i am excited about this new album.

and i am missing karen o´s mouth!! man, when i see that mouth my mind get full of ideas...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    brhf9 wrote:
    i really liked the ep and the 'fever to tell' cd (especially the 'y-control' video. very cool), so i am excited about this new album.

and i am missing karen o´s mouth!! man, when i see that mouth my mind get full of ideas...
    oh she's something special...was watching "Tell Me What Rockers to Swallow" the other day and damn shes a sight!

anyone seen the full Gold Lion video?

YNWA
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    ohhh shit ...i love the yeah yeah yeahs .....they get no play
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

ohhh shit ...i love the yeah yeah yeahs .....they get no play
    this album so far sounds like it might get alot of play.
    reviews so far say it has a more mainstream sound.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    this album so far sounds like it might get alot of play.
    reviews so far say it has a more mainstream sound.
    thats cool ...i love her stuff ....whats the name of the new album
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

thats cool ...i love her stuff ....whats the name of the new album
    "Show Your Bones"
    you can listen to the first single "Gold Lion" on the official site

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    "Show Your Bones"
    you can listen to the first single "Gold Lion" on the official site
    sweeet thanks .....

here u go
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3awqn4uj8wame0sp0g1sawka52

streaming video for Gold Lion as well...copy and paste using WM
    http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=15cc1e98-9895-408b-8871-af130ee142eb&delivery=stream

YNWA
  • you beat me to it. someone posted 320 mp3s at the yyy board. i cant wait for this new album. even though these tunes are mellower (is that even a word?) they are so awesome.
  • with the excpetion of that goddamn "maps" song, the first album was amazing, imho.

reminds me of the best of older stuff like blondie, the more raunchy stuff by the raincoats ...maybe even ruby (leslie rankine) and shonen knife

i was pretty impressed when i heard it.
    especially given my initial conception of them based on that fucking "maps" song was really poor ... i was like "oh great, another shitty female coldplay wanna be" ... then i found out that they ROCKED ... wow!

i would pay to hear what else they could put out,
    though going in a more "pop" direction scares me.

perish the thought people.
    stick to your art-core roots. :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    thanks for Dudley
    i myself am digging this mellow sound...i wouldnt want them to make another album that sounded the same.

EDIT: wow Dudley is the best one so far!..this album is gonna rock my balls

YNWA
  • tour dates are out. i got my ticket for philly already. april 5th!!!!!!!!!! next to pj this was the band i wanted to see this summer.
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I'm not big on the yyy's, but that first single sounds like they were listening to lots of Siouxsie and the Banshees... which is a good thing.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
    apparently the album has already been leaked..and those who heard it claim that "Gold Lion" is the weakest track on the album
    i'm really expecting a great album now!

YNWA
    icarus wrote:
    ill post a yousendit for those who need it tomorrow
    am gonna try me best to wait til the 28th haha

YNWA
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Where'd all the files go?
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Where'd all the files go?
    none have been posted yet...

YNWA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    ill just play the single to death until the 28th. i want some surprises when i hear the album for the first time.
    ill just play the single to death until the 28th. i want some surprises when i hear the album for the first time.
    me too..i have only heard 3 songs so far..and thats it for me.

YNWA
  • Code13Code13 Posts: 17
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    apparently the album has already been leaked..and those who heard it claim that "Gold Lion" is the weakest track on the album
    i'm really expecting a great album now!

I would agree that Gold Lion is one of the weakest songs on the album.