ajb
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    wpg pearl wrote:
    he is touring Canada. You will find out soon enough

Any info on cities? Don't tease me....
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    whats this about him touring Canada??? Is he planning a full Canadian tour or something?
    ctd
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... p-20130624

Bruce Springsteen Working on 'Wrecking Ball' Follow-Up
    Artist confirms Australian studio time with Tom Morello

"I have stuff I'm working on that I'm very happy about," Bruce Springsteen said backstage before his June 3rd concert in Milan, Italy, during a rare interview for a story about his European tour in the new issue of Rolling Stone. He was talking about his plans for the followup to the 2012 studio album, Wrecking Ball. "I hate to say, because I don't like to be wrong," he added, laughing. "But I have a lot of material. I still feel like I'm in the middle of the well."

Springsteen, whose European trek ends in Kilkenny, Ireland on July 28th, has already cut new tracks this year, during the recent Australian leg of his world tour. He and the E Street Band – with Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine temporarily subbing for guitarist Steve Van Zandt – spent one of their days off in a studio in Sydney. That was a first, Springsteen pointed out: "We've never had a recording session during a tour in our lives. We did a couple of things that I wanted to put down. So that was very exciting. And being with Tommy was exciting. The band – Steven, Nils, all those guys – continues to be a source of inspiration for me."

"I always used to say, in the past decades, that I wanted to make more records – and I've done that," Springsteen said, noting his recent rate of production: six studio albums since 2002's The Rising. "I struggled through the Nineties. We weren't playing together," referring to the E Street Band, "and I didn't know how we sounded on record. Brendan O'Brien" – who produced The Rising, 2007's Magic and 2009's Working on a Dream – "gave us that gift. It gave us a rebirth and inspired me, I believe, to write more songs. Of course, it was a decade with an awful lot going on in the United States and elsewhere."

Springsteen wouldn't divulge any more specifics on the new album or the songs he is writing for it. But he was certain that the momentum from his year-long touring with the E Street Band will carry over into his next work. "It's ongoing," insisted Springsteen, who has one more confirmed show after the European tour, on September 21st at Rock in Rio in Brazil. "A week or two later, after stopping, I'm in the studio working, making a demo. You stop the performing for awhile, because this level of intensity. . . You need a break from it."

"But this has been a great, tremendously rewarding period of our time together," Springsteen said. "This has been the best ten, twelve years we've ever had."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    veddertown wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Thats right -- how was the show? Would love to hear your review... :D

I'll try and keep it brief... :D

Opening with We Take Care Of Our Own got me introduced nicely without setting the heather alight. Really love Wrecking Ball as an album and I knew something from it would open but my heart truly started racing with the next song, The Ties That Bind. I was instantly transported into another place and time and before the song had finished Bruce had almost crawled into the seething pit and hauled out a number of request signs including one from my wishlist I'd never have expected, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City plus Radio Nowhere and the first up, Jole Blon which I knew nothing about but was delighted to hear.

No Surrender, Wrecking Ball and Death To My Hometown provided plenty reason to keep on singing and by now I was pretty starstruck. However things were about to escalate! My City Of Ruins was extended to over 10 minutes to pay respect and tribute to Danny Federici and of course Clarence Clemons who had passed away sadly exactly 2 years ago to the day. It was really a very touching version.

Spirit In The Night and The E Street Shuffle raised the bar again before the next 2 sign requests, I'm On Fire (very personal for Mrs. Veddertown) and Tougher Than The Rest played for a young woman whose father had passed away (Bruce placed her sign below his mic stand for the song before returning it to her afterwards).

The next 5 songs were absolutely amazing and changed my mind quickly about who the greatest artist/band I've ever seen is. A brooding Atlantic City, Murder Inc, Johnny 99 given full rock n' roll treatment, Open All Night done in the swing style of the sessions band tour and Darlington County. Open All Night was an absolute joy to watch as you can see in the clip I posted, especially the loose groove of the horns and the utter enjoyment of the musicians.

The gospel heavy Shackled And Drawn, Waiting On A Sunny Day and The Rising were largely swallowed up by leaving our spot to refuel, find toilets, etc but we still didn't miss that much before settling back in time for a raucous Badlands and Land Of Hope And Dreams. This ended the main set. Just to add a significant point about my first but definitely not last Bruce show, I looked at my phone for the time after what seemed quite a long time and he'd been playing for an hour. Little did I know he'd continue for another 2 and 1/2 hours!

Encore time brought a fabulous Born To Run, Rosalita, Dancing In The Dark and very emotional 10th Avenue Freeze Out before the hamming it up segment of Twist And Shout, Shout, La Bamba medley which took an eternity to close the set. The audience as they were for the whole evening were bouncing, dancing and singing in style and created a total carnival atmosphere.

Last up, Bruce ushered the fabulous E Street Band off stage before returning alone with an acoustic and harmonica to deliver an emotional and delicate solo version of Thunder Road to send us home in raptures.

I can't explain to anyone who hasn't witnessed The Boss in action how his live show affects you but I can say for sure that by Open All Night that I knew I'd never witnessed anything quite like this. Bruce had fans up on stage, made requests very personal and gave time, souvenirs and an intimate experience for many of the fans lucky enough to be in the front rows. He is an an amazing performer with the ability to keep a line between cheesy rock show cliche and pure heartfelt performance. I've seen pretty much everyone dear to me in the music industry I care to see including PJ 6 times but there's not one that has ever compared to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and I'll be surprised if one ever comes close. Absolutely immaculate performance but as much about the band to fan relationship too. Not just any other show and one I'd recommend above any other.

Absolutely gobsmacked.... :shock:

excellent review-
    amazing recal !
    I like those closing words of your review-
    couldnt be more accurate.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    veddertown wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    http://m.youtube.com/?piggyback=2#/watch?v=0RSNfE7zppM&desktop_uri=/watch?v=0RSNfE7zppM

I can't explain to anyone who hasn't witnessed The Boss in action how his live show affects you but I can say for sure that by Open All Night that I knew I'd never witnessed anything quite like this. Bruce had fans up on stage, made requests very personal and gave time, souvenirs and an intimate experience for many of the fans lucky enough to be in the front rows. He is an an amazing performer with the ability to keep a line between cheesy rock show cliche and pure heartfelt performance. I've seen pretty much everyone dear to me in the music industry I care to see including PJ 6 times but there's not one that has ever compared to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and I'll be surprised if one ever comes close. Absolutely immaculate performance but as much about the band to fan relationship too. Not just any other show and one I'd recommend above any other.

Very well said. Bruce is a pro's pro.
  • Options
    6205_587737417933633_155715515_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :shock:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Love that rollicking tune off The Promise... he should play it more often!
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    veddertown wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Thats right -- how was the show? Would love to hear your review... :D

I'll try and keep it brief... :D

Opening with We Take Care Of Our Own got me introduced nicely without setting the heather alight. Really love Wrecking Ball as an album and I knew something from it would open but my heart truly started racing with the next song, The Ties That Bind. I was instantly transported into another place and time and before the song had finished Bruce had almost crawled into the seething pit and hauled out a number of request signs including one from my wishlist I'd never have expected, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City plus Radio Nowhere and the first up, Jole Blon which I knew nothing about but was delighted to hear.

No Surrender, Wrecking Ball and Death To My Hometown provided plenty reason to keep on singing and by now I was pretty starstruck. However things were about to escalate! My City Of Ruins was extended to over 10 minutes to pay respect and tribute to Danny Federici and of course Clarence Clemons who had passed away sadly exactly 2 years ago to the day. It was really a very touching version.

Spirit In The Night and The E Street Shuffle raised the bar again before the next 2 sign requests, I'm On Fire (very personal for Mrs. Veddertown) and Tougher Than The Rest played for a young woman whose father had passed away (Bruce placed her sign below his mic stand for the song before returning it to her afterwards).

The next 5 songs were absolutely amazing and changed my mind quickly about who the greatest artist/band I've ever seen is. A brooding Atlantic City, Murder Inc, Johnny 99 given full rock n' roll treatment, Open All Night done in the swing style of the sessions band tour and Darlington County. Open All Night was an absolute joy to watch as you can see in the clip I posted, especially the loose groove of the horns and the utter enjoyment of the musicians.

The gospel heavy Shackled And Drawn, Waiting On A Sunny Day and The Rising were largely swallowed up by leaving our spot to refuel, find toilets, etc but we still didn't miss that much before settling back in time for a raucous Badlands and Land Of Hope And Dreams. This ended the main set. Just to add a significant point about my first but definitely not last Bruce show, I looked at my phone for the time after what seemed quite a long time and he'd been playing for an hour. Little did I know he'd continue for another 2 and 1/2 hours!

Encore time brought a fabulous Born To Run, Rosalita, Dancing In The Dark and very emotional 10th Avenue Freeze Out before the hamming it up segment of Twist And Shout, Shout, La Bamba medley which took an eternity to close the set. The audience as they were for the whole evening were bouncing, dancing and singing in style and created a total carnival atmosphere.

Last up, Bruce ushered the fabulous E Street Band off stage before returning alone with an acoustic and harmonica to deliver an emotional and delicate solo version of Thunder Road to send us home in raptures.

Absolutely gobsmacked.... :shock:
    I am so happy for you... hope Mrs. had as great a time. My favorite reviews to read are from those coming back from their 1st Bruce show! You're going to wind up like me -- making up for lost time... :lol:
    Fortunately for us, he doesn't seem to want to slow down.
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Love that rollicking tune off The Promise... he should play it more often!
    He should play more from the album more often!
  • Options
    Set list El Molinón Stadium, Gijón Spain. - June 26, 2013

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    2. Out in the Street
    3. Better Days (Sign)
    4. Ain’t Good Enough For You (Sign) :shock:
    5. TRAVELIN’ BAND :shock:
    6. Wrecking Ball
    7. Death to My Hometown
    8. Jack of all Trades
    9. The River
    10. Atlantic City
    11. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    12. Darlington County
    13. Because the Night
    14. She’s The One
    15. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (Sign)
    16. Shackled and Drawn
    17. Waitin’ On a Sunny Day
    18. Drive All Night
    19. The Rising
    20. Badlands
    21. Light of Day

22. Radio Nowhere
    23. Born in the U.S.A.
    24. Born to Run
    25. Seven Nights to Rock
    26. Dancing in the Dark
    27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    28. Twist and Shout
    29. Shout
    30. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    He needs to play more from "The Promise."
  • Options
    anyone checking this out?

http://www.springsteenandi.com/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Bathgate66 wrote:

There are 2 dates right? I think I'll be out of town for work the first date and there's no showing in D.C. proper, where I'll be. I hope to catch the second date.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Definitely. Can't believe they are playing in my country!
  • Options
    Bruce starting to copy Eddie with the pre - shows !

According to another Facebook group, Bruce is right now doing a preshow in Paris: so far:
    1. This Hard Land
    2. Burning Love
    3. Growin' Up

1013373_620937354583065_58397076_n.jpg

Also saw a photo that Patti is in Paris.
    Wonder if she'll be onstage as she has been in Paris previously.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bruce starting to copy Eddie with the pre - shows !

According to another Facebook group, Bruce is right now doing a preshow in Paris: so far:
    1. This Hard Land
    2. Burning Love
    3. Growin' Up

1013373_620937354583065_58397076_n.jpg

Also saw a photo that Patti is in Paris.
    Wonder if she'll be onstage as she has been in Paris previously.
    I wonder how many Eddie has done? Eddie should definitely do more pre-show sets.
  • Options
    Hard Rock Calling
    London.
    No pit !

1256_589306634443378_822566952_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    June 29th, 1984 – Bruce Springsteen kicks off the first leg of his ‘Born in the USA’ Tour. The first set of shows are in St. Paul, Minnesota at the Civic Center. Springsteen will go on to play 156 shows ending a year later, October 15th, 1985 in L.A.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hard Rock Calling
    London.
    No pit !

1256_589306634443378_822566952_n.jpg
    He must not have been too happy about that.
  • Options
    from Geneva
    as per bruce springsteen . net.

With the main set powering towards its climax, “Land of Hope and Dreams” was very poignantly dedicated to Nelson Mandela. The encores opened with a rare, intimate performance of “The Promise” by request, played by Bruce alone on the piano, in a pool of blue light on an otherwise dark stage. When Roy Bittan returned following Bruce’s performance, he gestured to the crowd, smiling, in recognition of how far Bruce’s talents extend.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    holy crap

whens the last time he played Roulette :shock:
    Lucky Town ? :shock: :shock: ?

Setlist for Leipzig, Germany July 7, 2013.

1.) Roulette
    2.) Lucky Town
    3.) Badlands
    4.) Death to My Hometown
    5.) Sherry Darling
    6.) You Never Can Tell
    7.) Back in Your Arms
    8.) Hungry Heart
    9.) Spirit in the Night
    10.) Wrecking Ball
    11.) We Take Care of Our Own
    12.) Murder Incorporated
    13.) Human Touch
    14.) Open All Night
    15.) Cadillac Ranch
    16.) Shackled and Drawn
    17.) Waiting on a Sunny Day
    18.) Lonesome Day
    19.) Land of Hope and Dreams

20.) Light of Day
    21.) Born in the USA
    22.) Born to Run
    23.) Bobby Jean
    24.) Dancing in the Dark
    25.) 10th Avenue Freeze Out
    26.) Rockin' All Over the World
    27.) Thunder Road
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    My god... bring these sets here!
  • Options
    I love Murder Incorporated,

that is all.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    holy crap

I had to look it up, but I believe last Roulette was in 2009, last Lucky Town in 2005. :)
    Would've loved to hear those songs, and especially Roulette, at my show a few weeks ago. Then again, we got plenty of other great stuff.

Also interesting to see that those past couple of German shows he was playing a bit more off Human Touch and Lucky Town. The two title tracks and Back In Your Arms (Tracks-song also from that era, IIRC) in Leipzig, Leap Of Faith, Better Days, Man's Job in Mönchengladbach.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    from Geneva
    as per bruce springsteen . net.

With the main set powering towards its climax, “Land of Hope and Dreams” was very poignantly dedicated to Nelson Mandela. The encores opened with a rare, intimate performance of “The Promise” by request, played by Bruce alone on the piano, in a pool of blue light on an otherwise dark stage. When Roy Bittan returned following Bruce’s performance, he gestured to the crowd, smiling, in recognition of how far Bruce’s talents extend.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I LOVE "The Promise"!!! Especially the piano only version featured on 18 tracks. Always my favorite. That's awesome!!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    holy crap

Setlist for Leipzig, Germany July 7, 2013.

1.) Roulette
    2.) Lucky Town
    3.) Badlands
    4.) Death to My Hometown
    5.) Sherry Darling
    6.) You Never Can Tell
    7.) Back in Your Arms
    8.) Hungry Heart
    9.) Spirit in the Night
    10.) Wrecking Ball
    11.) We Take Care of Our Own
    12.) Murder Incorporated
    13.) Human Touch
    14.) Open All Night
    15.) Cadillac Ranch
    16.) Shackled and Drawn
    17.) Waiting on a Sunny Day
    18.) Lonesome Day
    19.) Land of Hope and Dreams

20.) Light of Day
    21.) Born in the USA
    22.) Born to Run
    23.) Bobby Jean
    24.) Dancing in the Dark
    25.) 10th Avenue Freeze Out
    26.) Rockin' All Over the World
    27.) Thunder Road

Sweet Jesus!!! :shock: :o
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Listened to The River on vinyl for the first time the other day. Wow! It's amazing how much better it sounded. Almost like a completely new album for me.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Listened to The River on vinyl for the first time the other day. Wow! It's amazing how much better it sounded. Almost like a completely new album for me.
    :thumbup: So, so good on vinyl.