Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Just checked out that Springsteen and I trailer -- looks great!

When my daughters and I went to the Halloween show in Rochester (our 5th Bruce show together in 2012!) we met up with a couple of great gals (at our hotel, incidentally) who were filming a documentary about what Springsteen means to his fans that was titled Fans Like Us. There's several segments in this video of the three of us. My oldest is wearing an AIC hoodie!

http://www.fanslikeus.net/Feature_Film.html
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Mrs. Veddertown and I will be seeing Bruce for the first time 2 weeks today! Really can't wait to see this legend! :D
    Full review expected!

I've always kind of liked Bruce as I've grown up. I still have original vinyls of the early albums probably up to The River but getting into metal in my teens made me forget about him and I wasn't so keen on Born In The USA or Tunnel Of Love. I bought Nebraska and The Ghost Of Tom Joad when I'd grown up and had kids and he really clicked with me then. They're still listened to at least weekly and I've collected almost everything now. I would have seen him in 2009 but I had too much going on at home and work to take the time off. I'm super excited at seeing him now after our tickets arrived on Monday and I will post some kind of review here for sure. I can't lose with a 3 hour setlist but I have a few songs in particular I'd love to hear. I love how he reinvents songs from acoustic to electric and vice versa. It's not just a case of toning them up or down but adding a completely different feel and dimension to the originals. I've seen most of my favourite artists at least once, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, PJ, REM, Mark Lanegan just to name a few but from all the feedback I get from friends who have seen Bruce I already know this will be a different experience and a really special one.... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    Mrs. Veddertown and I will be seeing Bruce for the first time 2 weeks today! Really can't wait to see this legend! :D
    Full review expected!

I've always kind of liked Bruce as I've grown up. I still have original vinyls of the early albums probably up to The River but getting into metal in my teens made me forget about him and I wasn't so keen on Born In The USA or Tunnel Of Love. I bought Nebraska and The Ghost Of Tom Joad when I'd grown up and had kids and he really clicked with me then. They're still listened to at least weekly and I've collected almost everything now. I would have seen him in 2009 but I had too much going on at home and work to take the time off. I'm super excited at seeing him now after our tickets arrived on Monday and I will post some kind of review here for sure. I can't lose with a 3 hour setlist but I have a few songs in particular I'd love to hear. I love how he reinvents songs from acoustic to electric and vice versa. It's not just a case of toning them up or down but adding a completely different feel and dimension to the originals. I've seen most of my favourite artists at least once, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, PJ, REM, Mark Lanegan just to name a few but from all the feedback I get from friends who have seen Bruce I already know this will be a different experience and a really special one.... :D

It will be -- I'm so happy for you!

Its hard to explain... my oldest daughter is a huge grunge/heavy metal fan yet she will travel to no end to see Bruce with me. He's just an amazing live act and I'm glad you'll see him. Wish we were talking about the 1978 tour but alas -- lets take what we can get, which is still about the best live rock show on the planet.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    I'm (was) an uploader on (torrent site) Dime. Been demoted for a mistake I made which means I can't upload and share any more shows so I'm withholding my final torrent (which prior to demotion) was in the process of initial seeding until my rights are fully recovered! Take a look if interested

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=453791

(Yes, it's a Bruce show ;) )
    THANKS
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    New promised land video for ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8UjZczqJ7I

http://www.q1043.com/articles/q1043-new ... -11392450/

U2 and Bruce Springsteen have released new acoustic versions of their classic protest songs "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "The Promised Land" as part of the ONE Campaign's agit8.

Agit8 an initiative featuring more than 50 artists, such as Sting and Mumford and Sons, rerecording classic protest sons in an effort to raise awareness and urge people to take action against extreme global poverty.

U2 taped their new acoustic version of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" last week on a Manhattan rooftop, and Springsteen recorded "The Promised Land" earlier this week in London.

Read more: http://www.q1043.com/articles/q1043-new ... z2WD9powtN
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/musi ... 792445.ece

London got the full " Darkness " album.
    :shock:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/music/livereviews/article3792445.ece

June 15 / Wembley Stadium / London, ENGLAND
    Notes: "We can either keep playing requests... or we can play Darkness on the Edge of Town start to finish." A simple proposition posed by Bruce to the crowd ten songs in, but one that defined this show — and one that seems to define the course of the tour itself. It seems to say, in other words, "You want full albums? We got 'em. You want oldies and rarities? We got 'em. You want the new ones? We gave 'em to you last year, so we'll stick to the old ones." Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a clear difference from where the tour left off in 2012.
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/music/livereviews/article3792445.ece

June 15 / Wembley Stadium / London, ENGLAND
    Notes: "We can either keep playing requests... or we can play Darkness on the Edge of Town start to finish." A simple proposition posed by Bruce to the crowd ten songs in, but one that defined this show — and one that seems to define the course of the tour itself. It seems to say, in other words, "You want full albums? We got 'em. You want oldies and rarities? We got 'em. You want the new ones? We gave 'em to you last year, so we'll stick to the old ones." Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is a clear difference from where the tour left off in 2012.

haha

last time they cut the noise off
    with Sir Paul. !

what a bounce back !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    2 years gone,
    RIP Bigman

1010638_10151650288317180_158366059_n.jpg

should be some show tonight in glasgow scotland
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-spr ... 9c3dd.html
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    2 years gone,
    RIP Bigman

1010638_10151650288317180_158366059_n.jpg

should be some show tonight in glasgow scotland

What a day to see my first Bruce show... :o

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    June 19, 2013
    Notes from the road: Glasgow

The E Street Band took the stage under a bright summer sun matched only by the bright shiny Scottish faces. This was only the third time Bruce has played a show in Glasgow, but with as much fun as he was having on stage, he ought to come here more often. The show opened strongly with “We Take Care of Our Own,” followed by “The Ties That Bind.” Scotland was loving it, and Bruce seemed to pick up on the energy — he dove into the crowd and started pulling out signs before the second song was even over.

So the requests began early. Bruce granted “Jole Blon” first, the Cajun traditional he reworked for Gary U.S. Bonds back in ’81. Next, a sign request for “It’s Hard to Be a Saint in the City,” played with vein-popping intensity. Roy’s piano playing was stunning, but when Bruce and Stevie traded guitar licks it was truly jaw-dropping. The intense pace kept up with “Radio Nowhere,” and “Bobby Jean” rounded out the sign requests —it might have been the prettiest version of “Bobby Jean” heard in recent memory.

On this anniversary of Clarence Clemons’s passing, it was especially poignant to have “My City of Ruins” back in the set. The horn section shone on this one, with Ed Manion digging deep to hit that last note. As Jake came in, the camera panned over several signs in the audience acknowledging The Big Man. But it wasn’t sad. It wasn’t sad at all, even though tears were shed. There was a lot of love bouncing off the stage and through the audience and back as we all shared in the joy of his memory.

“My City of Ruins” seemed to wring out the fevered intensity of first part of the show; after that it got very loose and playful with “Spirit in the Night” and the second jaw-dropping moment of the night, “E Street Shuffle.” Reverend Everett Bradley really showed his stuff, his percussion instruments making this 40-year-old song sound like something brand new.

Then it was back for more song request signs. One, politely asking for a pick, received a positive reply, which made the young man asking very happy. “I’m on Fire” played next made us all happy. Bruce kept it slow with “Tougher than the Rest,” by request of a young woman in memory of her father.

Next was a trio of gangster songs, “Atlantic City,” “Murder Incorporated,” right into “Johnny 99.” It was during the last of these that vocalist Curtis King revealed the most unusual instrument ever seen on the E-Street Stage: a bell affixed by a strap to his butt that rang with the right dance move. It was so unusual that when Bruce saw it, he actually stopped singing. As the camera zoomed in on Curtis’s butt-bell contraption Bruce said, “They like to surprise me!” He was laughing so hard he had trouble getting the next line out.

“Open All Night” got everyone’s butts our of their seats, just as Bruce predicted, and the audience stayed there for Darlington County, which had some great audience interaction; Bruce took the phone away from a young woman in the audience and told the person on the other end, “She’s busy right now — really busy!” Now that the audience was up, they danced and sang through the rest of the set, culminating in “Badlands” into “Land of Hope and Dreams.”

After a fun series of encores, “Tenth Avenue Freeze-out” might well have been the end of a really great show… but this party was going to fast to stop now. “We ain’t goin’ home yet!” Bruce hollered, and he launched into “Twist and Shout” followed by a big hit for Scottish singer Lulu, the Isley Brothers’ “Shout.”

A visibly tired Bruce — this was a three-and-a-half-hour show, after all — ushered the band off stage, and then he came back for what he called “a rock ‘n’ roll lullaby,” a closing “Thunder Road,” solo acoustic and simply beautiful.

With so many song requests played in Glasgow, you have to wonder if there will be a show in the future that is sign requests start to finish. If anybody could pull that off, it’d be Bruce and the E Street Band.

—Brenda VanHorn, Backstreets.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Making my way through Springsteen's studio output from The Rising - Wrecking Ball over the next few days (including The Promise) :D About to finish The Rising.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Jake Clemons follows PJ on twitter, random PJ related tidbit, but he's gotta be a fan of the band, cool shit! :D
  • Options
    Jake Clemons follows PJ on twitter, random PJ related tidbit, but he's gotta be a fan of the band, cool shit! :D
    :thumbup: I think he's even played with Eddie before.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: completely slipped my mind, wouldn't have happened if they would RELEASE EDDIE BOOTLEGS!!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: completely slipped my mind, wouldn't have happened if they would RELEASE EDDIE BOOTLEGS!!
    +1000!!! :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

They did Drive All Night at The Tower in Philly
    soon after we lost the Big Man .
    Amazing !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

They did Drive All Night at The Tower in Philly with Glen Hansard
    soon after we lost the Big Man .
    Amazing !

i got it on soundcloud.

http://snd.sc/17pm2Th
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Jake played with Eddie during the Austin 1 show on the recent solo tour.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    http://m.youtube.com/?piggyback=2#/watc ... RSNfE7zppM

One of my highlights from Tuesday.... :)

• Options
    http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf ... es_pl.html

Bruce played the entire 'Born To Run' album at Coventry England and dedicated it to James Gandolfini.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Thats right -- how was the show? Would love to hear your review... :D
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I'll try and keep it brief... :D

Opening with We Take Care Of Our Own got me introduced nicely without setting the heather alight. Really love Wrecking Ball as an album and I knew something from it would open but my heart truly started racing with the next song, The Ties That Bind. I was instantly transported into another place and time and before the song had finished Bruce had almost crawled into the seething pit and hauled out a number of request signs including one from my wishlist I'd never have expected, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City plus Radio Nowhere and the first up, Jole Blon which I knew nothing about but was delighted to hear.

No Surrender, Wrecking Ball and Death To My Hometown provided plenty reason to keep on singing and by now I was pretty starstruck. However things were about to escalate! My City Of Ruins was extended to over 10 minutes to pay respect and tribute to Danny Federici and of course Clarence Clemons who had passed away sadly exactly 2 years ago to the day. It was really a very touching version.

Spirit In The Night and The E Street Shuffle raised the bar again before the next 2 sign requests, I'm On Fire (very personal for Mrs. Veddertown) and Tougher Than The Rest played for a young woman whose father had passed away (Bruce placed her sign below his mic stand for the song before returning it to her afterwards).

The next 5 songs were absolutely amazing and changed my mind quickly about who the greatest artist/band I've ever seen is. A brooding Atlantic City, Murder Inc, Johnny 99 given full rock n' roll treatment, Open All Night done in the swing style of the sessions band tour and Darlington County. Open All Night was an absolute joy to watch as you can see in the clip I posted, especially the loose groove of the horns and the utter enjoyment of the musicians.

The gospel heavy Shackled And Drawn, Waiting On A Sunny Day and The Rising were largely swallowed up by leaving our spot to refuel, find toilets, etc but we still didn't miss that much before settling back in time for a raucous Badlands and Land Of Hope And Dreams. This ended the main set. Just to add a significant point about my first but definitely not last Bruce show, I looked at my phone for the time after what seemed quite a long time and he'd been playing for an hour. Little did I know he'd continue for another 2 and 1/2 hours!

Encore time brought a fabulous Born To Run, Rosalita, Dancing In The Dark and very emotional 10th Avenue Freeze Out before the hamming it up segment of Twist And Shout, Shout, La Bamba medley which took an eternity to close the set. The audience as they were for the whole evening were bouncing, dancing and singing in style and created a total carnival atmosphere.

Last up, Bruce ushered the fabulous E Street Band off stage before returning alone with an acoustic and harmonica to deliver an emotional and delicate solo version of Thunder Road to send us home in raptures.

I can't explain to anyone who hasn't witnessed The Boss in action how his live show affects you but I can say for sure that by Open All Night that I knew I'd never witnessed anything quite like this. Bruce had fans up on stage, made requests very personal and gave time, souvenirs and an intimate experience for many of the fans lucky enough to be in the front rows. He is an an amazing performer with the ability to keep a line between cheesy rock show cliche and pure heartfelt performance. I've seen pretty much everyone dear to me in the music industry I care to see including PJ 6 times but there's not one that has ever compared to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and I'll be surprised if one ever comes close. Absolutely immaculate performance but as much about the band to fan relationship too. Not just any other show and one I'd recommend above any other.

Absolutely gobsmacked.... :shock:

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I'll try and keep it brief... :D

Opening with We Take Care Of Our Own got me introduced nicely without setting the heather alight. Really love Wrecking Ball as an album and I knew something from it would open but my heart truly started racing with the next song, The Ties That Bind. I was instantly transported into another place and time and before the song had finished Bruce had almost crawled into the seething pit and hauled out a number of request signs including one from my wishlist I'd never have expected, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City plus Radio Nowhere and the first up, Jole Blon which I knew nothing about but was delighted to hear.

No Surrender, Wrecking Ball and Death To My Hometown provided plenty reason to keep on singing and by now I was pretty starstruck. However things were about to escalate! My City Of Ruins was extended to over 10 minutes to pay respect and tribute to Danny Federici and of course Clarence Clemons who had passed away sadly exactly 2 years ago to the day. It was really a very touching version.

Spirit In The Night and The E Street Shuffle raised the bar again before the next 2 sign requests, I'm On Fire (very personal for Mrs. Veddertown) and Tougher Than The Rest played for a young woman whose father had passed away (Bruce placed her sign below his mic stand for the song before returning it to her afterwards).

The next 5 songs were absolutely amazing and changed my mind quickly about who the greatest artist/band I've ever seen is. A brooding Atlantic City, Murder Inc, Johnny 99 given full rock n' roll treatment, Open All Night done in the swing style of the sessions band tour and Darlington County. Open All Night was an absolute joy to watch as you can see in the clip I posted, especially the loose groove of the horns and the utter enjoyment of the musicians.

The gospel heavy Shackled And Drawn, Waiting On A Sunny Day and The Rising were largely swallowed up by leaving our spot to refuel, find toilets, etc but we still didn't miss that much before settling back in time for a raucous Badlands and Land Of Hope And Dreams. This ended the main set. Just to add a significant point about my first but definitely not last Bruce show, I looked at my phone for the time after what seemed quite a long time and he'd been playing for an hour. Little did I know he'd continue for another 2 and 1/2 hours!

Encore time brought a fabulous Born To Run, Rosalita, Dancing In The Dark and very emotional 10th Avenue Freeze Out before the hamming it up segment of Twist And Shout, Shout, La Bamba medley which took an eternity to close the set. The audience as they were for the whole evening were bouncing, dancing and singing in style and created a total carnival atmosphere.

Last up, Bruce ushered the fabulous E Street Band off stage before returning alone with an acoustic and harmonica to deliver an emotional and delicate solo version of Thunder Road to send us home in raptures.

I can't explain to anyone who hasn't witnessed The Boss in action how his live show affects you but I can say for sure that by Open All Night that I knew I'd never witnessed anything quite like this. Bruce had fans up on stage, made requests very personal and gave time, souvenirs and an intimate experience for many of the fans lucky enough to be in the front rows. He is an an amazing performer with the ability to keep a line between cheesy rock show cliche and pure heartfelt performance. I've seen pretty much everyone dear to me in the music industry I care to see including PJ 6 times but there's not one that has ever compared to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and I'll be surprised if one ever comes close. Absolutely immaculate performance but as much about the band to fan relationship too. Not just any other show and one I'd recommend above any other.

Absolutely gobsmacked.... :shock:
    :clap::clap: :thumbup: Great review! I'm still trying to put into words my first show and still haven't posted my review. That's how special/amazing that first show was.
  • Options
  • Options
    Rare photo of a famous Springsteen moment in London 1975 surfaces

http://www.examiner.com/article/rare-ph ... es?cid=rss
  • Options
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    good to hear Canada is finally getting some love from THE BOSS
    ajb
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    wpg pearl wrote:
    good to hear Canada is finally getting some love from THE BOSS

Huh?? What about Canada?? Did I miss something?