Options

" ~~~ U2 ~~~ "

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    thanks for keeping us up to date on u2 bath...i'll focus more after october 7th ;)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dont go to gilette too early !,......

U2 fans told not to come too early to Gillette
    September 17, 2009
    The Sun Chronicle
    By: The Sun Chronicle Staff

FOXBORO - U2 fans will have to do a 180 if they arrive too early for the band's 360 Tour concerts on Sunday and Monday.

Gillette Stadium officials said today that fans will be turned away if they arrive before the parking lots open at 3 p.m. both days. Also, fans will not be permitted to line up to access the field and general admission sections before that time.

The stadium gates will open at 5 p.m. each day. The event is expected to draw about 65,000 fans each night, including 7,000 fans on the field.

For the first time during a concert, Foxboro police will have detail officers at several intersections, including along Mechanic Street; Beach and Meadowview; North Street at Payson Road; and Main Street and Pierce. The goal is to keep fans from using the neighborhoods as shortcuts. Police have used the same model during New England Patriots games.

Also, to minimize tailgating, stadium officials will continue the policy of denying parking lot access to fans without tickets.

© The Sun Chronicle, 2009.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,518
    Bathgate66 wrote:

September 17, 2009
    The Sun Chronicle

FOXBORO - U2 fans will have to do a 180 if they arrive too early for the band's 360 Tour concerts on Sunday and Monday.

Gillette Stadium officials said today that fans will be turned away if they arrive before the parking lots open at 3 p.m. both days. Also, fans will not be permitted to line up to access the field and general admission sections before that time.

The stadium gates will open at 5 p.m. each day. The event is expected to draw about 65,000 fans each night, including 7,000 fans on the field.

For the first time during a concert, Foxboro police will have detail officers at several intersections, including along Mechanic Street; Beach and Meadowview; North Street at Payson Road; and Main Street and Pierce. The goal is to keep fans from using the neighborhoods as shortcuts. Police have used the same model during New England Patriots games.

Also, to minimize tailgating, stadium officials will continue the policy of denying parking lot access to fans without tickets.

Bath--what time did U2 take the stage when you saw them? Did Snow Patrol have a 45 minute set?
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

September 17, 2009
    The Sun Chronicle

Bath--what time did U2 take the stage when you saw them? Did Snow Patrol have a 45 minute set?

my first show on this tour is at Giants Stadium this week.
    I'm psyched.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Saw both Gillette shows from Red Zone 2. Fantastic. Night 2 was phenomenal, shook the set up a touch, opened with "Magnificent" for the first time, played "Your Blue Room", "Until the End of the World" and "Stay" not played the night before. The Crazy Tonight remix is a blast if you're on the rail. Had Edge and Larry right in front of me together...the lighting and screen were wild.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I cant wait til Thursday night!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Amazing show last night....had section 121 row 9, ended up being the front row behind the stage...amazing. Thought they could have played to the back some more, everybody did one song back there except Bono who made several trips directly in front of us. The stage is out of control...it's huge. Hope they add another leg onto this tour in the spring/summer
  • Options
    Terrorists Target Stadiums, Hotels and Entertainment Centers

just what i wanted to hear about just before going to see U2 and Springsteen at Giants Stadium .

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=7026284

DENVER -- Counterterrorism officials have issued security bulletins to police around the nation about terrorists' desire to attack stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels - the latest in a flurry of such internal warnings as investigators chase a possible bomb plot in Denver and New York.
    In the two bulletins - sent to police departments Monday and obtained by The Associated Press - officials said they know of no specific plots against such sites, but urged law enforcement and private companies to be vigilant. These two bulletins followed on the heels of a similar warning about the vulnerabilities of mass transit systems.
    The bulletin on stadiums notes that an al-Qaida training manual specifically lists "blasting and destroying the places of amusement, immorality, and sin... and attacking vital economic centers" as desired targets of the global terror network.
    A joint statement from DHS and FBI said while the agencies "have no information regarding the timing, location or target of any planned attack, we believe it is prudent to raise the security awareness of our local law enforcement partners regarding the targets and tactics of previous terrorist activity."
    Officials noted the law enforcement bulletins are not intended for the public. Bulletins - particularly about hotels as possible targets - are common, and often don't make news. However, a half-dozen alerts issued in the last week have received increased attention amid the ongoing investigations in New York and Denver.
    The first of these, about hydrogen peroxide-based explosives, specifically referred to the investigation in New York.
    Separately, law enforcement officials said a Colorado man may have been planning with others to detonate backpack bombs on New York City trains in a terrorism plot similar to past attacks on London's and Madrid's mass-transit systems.
    The investigation and the earlier warning about mass transit system have already prompted officials around the nation to step up patrols.
    Two law enforcement officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss details of the investigation told The Associated Press late Monday that more than a half-dozen individuals were being scrutinized in the alleged plot.
    In a statement, the FBI says that "several individuals in the United States, Pakistan and elsewhere" are being investigated.
    Investigators say Najibullah Zazi, a 24-year-old Afghanistan-born immigrant who is a shuttle van driver at the Denver airport, played a direct role in the terror plot that unraveled after an overnight 1,600-mile trip from Denver to New York City around the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. He made his first court appearance Monday and remains behind bars.
    Zazi and two other defendants have not been charged with any terrorism counts, only the relatively minor offense of lying to the government. But the case could grow to include more serious charges as the investigation proceeds.
    Backpacks and cell phones were seized last week from apartments in Queens, where Zazi visited.
    Zazi has publicly denied being involved in a terror plot, and defense lawyer Arthur Folsom dismissed as "rumor" any notion that his client played a crucial role.
    Publicly, law enforcement officials have repeatedly said they are unaware of a specific time or target for any attacks.
    Privately, officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case said investigators have worried most about the possible use of backpack bombs on New York City trains, similar to attacks carried out in London in 2005 and Madrid in 2004.
    Backpack bombs ripped apart four commuter trains and killed 191 people in Madrid on March 11, 2004. On July 7 the next year, bombing attacks in London killed 52 subway and bus commuters.
    In a bulletin issued Friday, the FBI and Homeland Security Department warned that improvised explosive devices are the most common tactic to blow up railroads and other mass transit systems overseas. And they noted incidents in which bombs were made with peroxide.
    In that bulletin, obtained by The AP, officials recommended that transit systems conduct random sweeps at terminals and stations and that law enforcement make random patrols and board some trains and buses.
    Investigators feared Zazi may have been involved in a potential plot involving hydrogen peroxide-based explosives, according to two law enforcement officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation.
    The FBI said they found notes on bomb-making instructions that appear to match Zazi's handwriting, and discovered his fingerprints on materials - batteries and a scale - that could be used to make explosives. He also made a trip to Pakistan last year in which he received al-Qaida explosives and weapons training, the government said.
    Zazi, a legal resident of the U.S. who immigrated in 1999, told the FBI that he must have unintentionally downloaded the notes on bomb-making as part of a religious book and that he deleted the book "after realizing that its contents discussed jihad."
    A strange sequence of events began to unfold nearly two weeks ago when Zazi - already under surveillance by federal agents - rented a car in Colorado and made the 1,600-mile trek across the heartland to New York. He told reporters that he went to New York to resolve an issue with a coffee cart he owned.
    He went to his friend's place in Queens. Once there, his car was towed and authorities confiscated his computer. He was told by an NYPD informant that detectives were asking about him, and decided to cut the trip short and fly back to Colorado, authorities said.
    Their surveillance blown and their main suspect flying back to Colorado, officials speeded up the investigation and launched raids on several Queens apartments in a search for explosives, but found none.
    Zazi and his 53-year-old father, Mohammed Wali Zazi, were arrested Saturday in Denver. Ahmad Wais Afzali, 37, was arrested in New York, where he is an imam at a mosque in Queens. The three are accused of making false statements to the government. If convicted, they face eight years in prison.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i'm kinda freaked out now :(
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    ive 1 fanclub ticket for face ( obviously )
    for tomorrow night.
    sec 113
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    First U2 show ever on Monday night, and it did not disappoint, save for still haven't found.....which seemed half-assed to me. got there reasonably early but not insanely, around 5:15 to lineup, and got into the inner circle with ease, and was left side near the edge. didn't think in a million years that i would be that close. great show, crowd had good energy, and opening with 'magnificent' was a solid choice -- got the crowd really going. first show, in the pit to boot, was great!!! :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    BUT -- the edge looked SUPER bored to me. that's just me though. maybe he looks like that all the time?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    I'm going to the show next Thursday night in Charlottesville. The last time I saw U2 was in Toronto when EV came out. Muse is opening...awesome!
  • Options
    tonight was awesome
    just got home
    tired

no Bruce birthday appearance, but Bono and the boys busted out " Shes The One " , and it went right into " Desire " , never saw or heard anything like that - Bono was full of much love for Bruce .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    tonight was awesome
    just got home
    tired

no Bruce birthday appearance, but Bono and the boys busted out " Shes The One " , and it went right into " Desire " , never saw or heard anything like that - Bono was full of much love for Bruce .

Going tonight...would be interesting to hear that again, but unlikely. Curious at to what time Muse and U2 hit the stage? And how was Muse?
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I listened to the Muse set and they were amazing..10 song set! they went on at 7:15
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I really want tocheck out the muse,
    ( i will make it in time tonight )
    but i was sitting in east rutherford traffic until just before u2 came out.

thanks, New Jersey . !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Heres the clip of U2 covering " Shes The One ".

Because it was Bruces birthday , they changed the words to "Hes The One" before seguing into DESIRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeEeFW0Luo

much better :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gH9kZ41Ckk
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates. One other question: did anything "spectacular" happen during/after "Moment of Surrender"? Know its been the finale of all shows and between it not being a fave of mine plus early morning duties, beating the exit traffic would be beneficial. But, don't want to miss anything special either, so do tell...
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates. One other question: did anything "spectacular" happen during/after "Moment of Surrender"? Know its been the finale of all shows and between it not being a fave of mine plus early morning duties, beating the exit traffic would be beneficial. But, don't want to miss anything special either, so do tell...

nothing at all.
    if it wasnt that microcosm of a chance that Bruce might've shown up/ walked out,
    I would have bolted out.
    On top of 25 dollars to fucking park ,..
    The traffic at Meadolands is attrocious. Getting out of the Stadium can take up to 2 hours !
    Thats just fucking wrong.
    Thats after the show , trying to get home ! Thats ridiculous, theres just no acceptable excuse for Meadolands / Xanadu douchebags.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,518
    Try paying $40 to $50 to park at Gillette. Inexcusable.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

nothing at all.
    if it wasnt that microcosm of a chance that Bruce might've shown up/ walked out,
    I would have bolted out.
    On top of 25 dollars to fucking park ,..
    The traffic at Meadolands is attrocious. Getting out of the Stadium can take up to 2 hours !
    Thats just fucking wrong.
    Thats after the show , trying to get home ! Thats ridiculous, theres just no acceptable excuse for Meadolands / Xanadu douchebags.

Thanks Bathgate. I will be bolting for sure. $25, eh? Was only $20 for the Gmen...bummer
  • Options

what that person said.

you haven't seen anything until you have paid 40 dollars for air at gillette.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options

what that person said.

you haven't seen anything until you have paid 40 dollars for air at gillette.

i went to the $50 lot, still took hours to get out. doing it all again sunday for the pats game
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    3rd september 2010 in Athens Greece :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Breathe
    Magnificent
    Get on Your Boots
    Mysterious Ways
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    She's The One/Desire
    Elevation
    Your Blue Room
    Beautiful Day
    No Line on the Horizon
    New Year's Day
    Stuck in a Moment
    Unforgettable Fire
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    I'll Go Crazy - Remix
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    MLK
    Walk On
    One
    Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultraviolet
    With or Without You
    Moment of Surrender

tonight, i might bolt out of there at the beginning of moment of surrender.
    & i hope they play bad tonight .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i really want to go tonight. yesterday was spectacular and i really want to hear stay (faraway so close!) which i'm sure they'll play tonight :(

but anyway, i got there at 8am yesterday to get a good spot and it was soooo worth it. i was like 3 feet away from bono, the edge, and adam at times when they came walking around and i took so many videos with my camera, practically the whole show. and when it started to rain during stuck in a moment you can't get out of so he changed the lyrics... it's like God was trying to make the concert cooler :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    BUT -- the edge looked SUPER bored to me. that's just me though. maybe he looks like that all the time?
    Thats just standard Edge expression.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    they did play " stay " last night,
    but it was even slower than the version we are used to.
    acoustic and very long, it was one of my favorites

Breathe
    Get on Your Boots
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    No Line on the Horizon
    Magnificent
    Elevation
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Unknown Caller
    Until The End Of The World
    Stay
    Unforgettable Fire
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    I'll Go Crazy - Remix
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    MLK
    Walk On
    One
    Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultraviolet
    With or Without You
    Moment of Surrender

didnt get to hhear " Bad " ( in 2 shows ) guess i'll have to wait for the next leg and the inside arena tour.

U2 broke the attendence record last night at Giants Stadium, beating both Springsteen and The Pope .

U2 smashed the house record tonight at Giants Stadium. The previous attendance record was held by Pope John Paul II after his visit to the stadium in 1995.

With gig goers in excess of 84472 it was a fantastic night at Giants. Speaking from the stage at the end of the night Bono said, "News just in. We've broken every record for attendance in this stadium - including the Pope. Sorry Bruce - we know its your birthday and all". Before adding later, "I know they're knocking this place down...we probably won't be here again before the wrecking ball but it was a magic place for us as well as the Giants"
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    My first U2 concert ever...and It was spectacular. I wish I could have seen them before but no luck for me. If it wasn't my friend that found tickets, I think I would be able to attend last night show. (Thank you, Bucklygirl) I took pictures and some clips of some songs. The new songs sound awesome live. Wish the old songs weren't changed that much...but nontheless It was a pleasure to hear and see live. The 360 stage with a mirror ball on top, the planes flying by(we couldn't hear them just see them pass by), the crowd and U2...You couldn't ask for more on a wonderful night. I wish to see this band again and be lucky to score tickets again. :)