Show your AIC love!

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I love aic, i think at times they are just as a good pj, i just love their beatiful melodies to the dark riffs.

layne staley + jerry are just awesome, that mtv unplugged session was just amazing.

ALICE IN CHAINS ROCK!!!

R.I.P LAYNE
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    Alice
    In
    Chains
    Rip
    You
    All
    A
    New
    Ass
    Hole
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    I love aic, i think at times they are just as a good pj, i just love their beatiful melodies to the dark riffs.

layne staley + jerry are just awesome, that mtv unplugged session was just amazing.

ALICE IN CHAINS ROCK!!!

R.I.P LAYNE

Yeah, I agree. In my book, they are the only band that can compete with Pearl Jam, and to compete with Pearl Jam...well, that takes talent and balls!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    if you haven't..check out this video from that Tsunami thing...not very clear but its still pretty decent.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=rHyGq1EkPRE
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • me likey AIC!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Alice in Chains WILL kick your ass!!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • we fans will never forget this great band ever....
    Layne is an immortal artist of our time...He doesn't get recognise but it's all good...he probably wanted it that way.

We miss that talent.

Viva La AIC!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    AMEN! Nicely said WashMyLove. I could not agree more. The flame will never go out here. :o:)

Gotta BUMP this up since another AIC thread in these parts reminded me that it needed to be done. ;)

This love & praise is never-ending.

<~~~ currently blastin & in love with....

>BRUSH AWAY<

I could use some
    Time to curl away
    My aggression
    Is where you stake
    Your claim
    Why I question
    This curve on which you grade
    My conception
    A joke? Or latest craze?

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away
    And brush away loose ground

My intention
    Can I arrive at eight
    Lie and dream some
    Surprise you guys I'm late
    All right, correction, forgetting something
    Wait

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away

Yeah...

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away

Brush away loose ground
    Brush away loose ground

This guitar work at the end too??? :o Wooow. Incredible! These sounds are seriously hypnotizing.

Damn what a band!

((LONG LIVE THE UNTOUCHABLE AIC))

We will forever miss you Layne!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • P&l
  • Yeah, Alice in Chains went through a lot of shit until Man in the Box blew up in '91, but Layne knew that one day they were gonna kick ass, and they did!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    <~~~ listening to JAR OF FLIES

How beautiful/perfect is this amazing, chilled out, quality not quantity, masterpeice of an album on a GORGEOUS rainy day?! :o Ahhh it's so perfect. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    AMEN! Nicely said WashMyLove. I could not agree more. The flame will never go out here. :o:)

Gotta BUMP this up since another AIC thread in these parts reminded me that it needed to be done. ;)

This love & praise is never-ending.

<~~~ currently blastin & in love with....

>BRUSH AWAY<

I could use some
    Time to curl away
    My aggression
    Is where you stake
    Your claim
    Why I question
    This curve on which you grade
    My conception
    A joke? Or latest craze?

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away

My intention
    Can I arrive at eight
    Lie and dream some
    Surprise you guys I'm late
    All right, correction, forgetting something
    Wait

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away

Yeah...

I try to get away
    And yet I stick around
    So fall and crawl away

Brush away loose ground
    Brush away loose ground

This guitar work at the end too??? :o Wooow. Incredible! These sounds are seriously hypnotizing.

Damn what a band!

((LONG LIVE THE UNTOUCHABLE AIC))

We will forever miss you Layne!!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH love for this band. Ohh how I miss Layne :( I wish he had been able to beat his demons. What a huge loss, but at the same time what a huge blessing those albums are to us! Long Live AIC!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    new pics of the band from Jerry's site
    taken from the taping of the VH1 Heart tribute

http://www.jerrycantrell.com/images/gallery/jc_wfriends01.jpg
    http://www.jerrycantrell.com/images/gallery/jc_wfriends02.jpg
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Goooooo Steelers!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Jeez sean doesn't look too great does he? Also why is duff there? anyway, good to see the guys back. AiC are so special to me. nknow what Mike Starr is up to these days? he was so cool but I heard he's had some problems...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    In remeberance of a beautiful soul on this day, I felt the need to resurrect this thread. 4 years to this very day..we lost such a gorgeous talent so unique in his own form. Many doth try to imitate, but fail miserably yet still continue to disgrace with perpetual ignorance towards the real being, pure and true that I speak of..Layne. In every which way, he was rightful to grace the earth, with his beautiful, childlike, yet so troubled and darkened soul..what he gave us..this band gave us..was beyond any comprehension. and when those certain musicians do that to you, it is so incredible one wonders just how they could ever disrespect or stop loving. Layne--vocally, lyrically, even the personality and charisma--it shone through with a radiance so bright, yet its shadow casting deep into the darkness. It makes me so sad he couldn't save himself but we know we all move on but never forget. Forever immortalized Layne will be in our hearts and minds. Regardless of the self-conflicting battle he never won, he is still a magnificent force to be reckoned with..once more, Rest In Peace Layne..We love you.

Nutshell
    We chase misprinted lies
    We face the path of time
    And yet I fight
    And yet I fight
    This battle all alone
    No one to cry to
    No place to call home

Oooh...Oooh...
    Oooh...Oooh...

My gift of self is raped
    My privacy is raked
    And yet I find
    And yet I find
    Repeating in my head
    If I can't be my own
    I'd feel better dead

Oooh...Oooh...
    Oooh...Oooh...
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • i wore my aic shirt yesterday since i was going to the holocaust museum today
    I REPRESENTED !!!!
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
    Thank God For This Thread

Alice In Chaisn Fuckign Rock

Going To See Them At Download Hopefully

Fuck Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Thank God For This Thread

Alice In Chaisn Fuckign Rock

Going To See Them At Download Hopefully

Fuck Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brisk dude everytime I go on a Aic/Layne thread you were the last post :D Does someone love them as much as me?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Respect.....
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Brisk dude everytime I go on a Aic/Layne thread you were the last post :D Does someone love them as much as me?

i love them more
    hahahah!
  • jmlsoaresjmlsoares Posts: 14
    I read a few weeks ago that AIC were coming to SuperBock SuperRock, a portuguese festival, in the same day as Tool (which I wanted to see). So, I decided to get into AIC and it was one of the best things I could do. I'm really liking this band. I have no doubt that it will continue growing on me...

This band had it own special sound, I can't explain, I need to continue my listenings, but it's something special...

R.I.P. Layne
    It's like his thoughts are too big for his size
  • danielsondanielson Posts: 25
    When you stack up the attributes that make a great rock band, singing, guitar, rhythm section, songwriting, attitude, playing live, musical variety and versitility, AIC certainly has to rank very high in most of these catagories, but I can think of no other band in rock history that had their Chemistry. The back and forth between Layne and Jerry's voices. I think jerry is the most crucial backing singer in rock music; would Man in the box be the same without his singing part? Would? Down in a hole? plus he could carry a song,
    "Over Now" "Heaven Beside you" "Brother". It seemed like jerry was writing a lot of songs for Layne's voice, and for layne. How many AIC songs did you figure that layne wrote, and it turned out to be Jerry. "Down in a Hole" "Grind"

The music combined so perfectly with Laynes voice, equal parts power and pain, with just enough evil and innocence to make their songs absolutly human and real.

I like facelift the best of all their albums, because that kind of music brought out the best in layne's voice. Yes, he had an incredible voice, so he sounded great on everything they put out, but he was a mother f'n rock singer, and facelift put his voice on display in its best light. The first six songs are great songs that anyone can love, but the last half of the album starts to lose a little bit to casual fans, I love it because starting with #6 "Love Hate Love" to the end, that is when Layne Staley belted out songs like no man ever on this planet. Start of every long road trip with Facelift. The mark of a great album is that you want to just hit repeat, but you know what is coming on the next song, so you can't. That is what "We Die Young" and "MITB" do to me every time. "I can't remember" is a vastly underrated song, with an amazing, I can only describe it as convincing guitar riff.

Dirt is the AIC album that will turn almost anyone into a fan if they listen to it with a open ear, so many great songs, and while the material is depressing, it is still a fun listen, and does not bring you down. absolutly should be included with the best albums of all time.

Jar of flies is a great album to smoke weed to and get into a emotional place, and be sad for a little bit. That good kind of sad that makes you feel human and refreshes you, leaves you thinking about the world differently for a few hours.

I just have so many thoughts about this band, but I'm going to stop now. Jerry Cantrell's Degradation trip Vol 1&2 is a great listen, much better than bogey depot.
    danielson, that was so beautifully said. :D Great post!!! Awww, and you know...I really can't choose favs with this amazing ass band but I must agree that FACELIFT has a super special place in my heart and sure seems to get the most play. All in all, this band continuously wrote life changing, incredible, stand alone in it's greatness music that gets most of us so emotional it's hard to form the right words of praise. NOTHING can describe the impact this band has had on our lives. The power forever lives on! :) AWWWWWWW speaking of which, THE AOL SESSIONS : Behind The Scenes?? Did you guys see it?? *tears* "Layne Staley lives within". AWWW!!!!! I couldn't help but tear up. How touching was that? :) I love it! The PJ/Layne love together as one. :o

UH OH....SPEAKING OF WHICH....

This HUMONGOUS BUMP is mainly due in part to the fact that PEARL JAM SOUNDCHECKED IT AINT LIKE THAT LAST NIGHT and I'm seriously freaking out beyond control!!!! :eek: YOU GUYS!!! AHHHH!!! Somebody hold me!! haha.

PEARL JAM SOUNDCHECKED IT AINT LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*body goes numb*

"Lo√e, you know the word

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Of all the AIC songs, I'm surprised PJ would play it ain't like that, cool though.

I've had SAP in heavy rotation the last few days, and the more I listen to it, the more I love it. "Brother" actually sounds better from the unplugged performance, I had "Right Turn" stuck in my head for hours yesterday amazing.
  • Alice In Chains was an amazing band. I personally think that Down In A Hole, Nutshell, Don't Follow, and Shame In You are easily four of the best songs ever. Jar of Flies is an amazing album.

But, Alice In Chains just had too many stinkers on their albums. I can only find 2-4 enjoyable songs on each.
    You obviously like their lighter stuff Forbetterorforworse - and since AIC is primarily a heavy band, I guess I can understand you not liking a lot of their stuff, even If I don't agree. I don't know if you've heard SAP, but for what you like from them, I would definately recomend it to you. Four songs that would have fit in nicely with Jar of Flies, SAP is really a Jerry Cantrell album, while Jar of Flies is more of a Layne Staley album.
    <~~~ blastin the HELL outta God Smack

I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOVE THIS BAND!!!!!
    :o:D:(:D:o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Right Turn....one of the greatest underated songs ever.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    Right Turn....one of the greatest underated songs ever.

Oh my god YES! :o That ones definitely been praised in this LOVE thread in extreme gushing detail. Those voices TOGETHER?! Come on. It doesn't get any better. Definitely one of the greatest and most jaw-droppingly gorgeous songs out there. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word