Fireworks
    Meridian
    Fly
    Bob C.
    Family Band
    New O.
    Rink
    Bones
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Setlist- Belly Up, Aspen, CO, 10/15/07:

Dark Canuck (Awesome!!!)

The ONE song from IVL that I have never seem live...

(Stabs self)

I swear if the fill the Boston setlists crap songs like with "throwing off glass" ;"flamenco" and "coconut Cream"
    instead of getting gems like "Dark Canuck", "Fiddlers Green" and "Cordelia"..

I will quit this band for good...!

,,,,Unless they play "Yawning and snarling" that is!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    locked wrote:
    ;"flamenco" and "coconut Cream"

two of my favs
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Setlist- Boulder Theatre, Boulder, CO, 10/16/07:

Ocean
    Grace
    Music
    OPIATED!!!!!
    Family Band
    ABAC
    Gift
    In View
    Poets
    World
    Springtime
    Meridian
    Fiddler's
    Rink
    Fire
    Escape
    Bob C.
    New O.

WOW!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Setlist- La Zona Rosa, Austin, TX, 10/18/07:

Ocean
    Music
    Fully
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    ABAC
    Gift
    In View
    Courage
    Pretend
    Springtime
    Meridian
    Escape
    Fiddler's
    Family Band
    NOIS
    Verge
    Rink
    Bob C.
    Blow

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    one year anniversary of WORLD CONTAINER??16th?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Setlist- House of Blues, Dallas, TX, 10/19/07:

Rink
    Grace
    Music
    Gus
    Family
    ABAC
    Gift
    In View
    Poets
    Pretend
    Fireworks
    Meridian
    Escape
    Wheat
    Ocean
    Fire
    Luv(sic)
    Eldorado
    New O.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Setlist- Grand Ballroom, New York, NY, 10/23/07:

Rink
    Grace
    Music
    Gus
    Family
    Bob C.
    Nautical
    In View
    Courage
    World
    Fireworks
    Meridian
    Springtime
    Fiddler's
    Ocean
    New O.
    Fire
    Escape
    ABAC
    Bones

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    ok...ok..
    enough Fiddler's..

its my "Holy grail" and with my luck they'll get tired of playing it by the time they get to Boston..

and Opiated..

Holy Sh*T..
    Sinclair is putting some gems back on the list..!

Tick tock until Satuirday...
    anyone making the trip to Boston (aka Toronto south)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Haven't seen them in a while; pissed they aren't making it my way.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    direwolf74 wrote:
    New show announced:

Nov. 3, 2007
    Hogansburg, NY
    All Inn Lounge
    On-Sale: Oct 12 @ 10am
    Tickets: $50, 21+
    Tickets available: http://www.ticketweb.com

That is near me; I know almost none of their music, but I've heard so much good about them that I think I'm going to go.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    JaneNY wrote:
    That is near me; I know almost none of their music, but I've heard so much good about them that I think I'm going to go.

YOU MUST GO!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    JaneNY wrote:
    Don't miss it
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

definitely check it out
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Setlist- 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C. 10/26/07:

Ocean
    NOIS
    Fully
    Escape
    Family
    Gift
    Pretend
    Fireworks
    Meridian
    Fiddler's
    Poets
    In View
    ABAC
    Kids
    Courage
    Fire
    Rink
    Bob C.
    Blow

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    i'M HEADING INTO THE SHOW DESPITE GAME 3 OF MY HOME TOWN sOX BEING ON tv...

tHE hIP RETURN TO bOSTON..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:

Hope you had a great time at the show! We expect nothing short of a full report. And congrats to your Sox for winning game 3!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Hope you had a great time at the show! We expect nothing short of a full report. And congrats to your Sox for winning game 3!

I basically hit the HIP jackpot!!!!

*8th row center on the aisle with a very animated , very well sung Gord singing to my section the whole night..(lots of the band members family around me..)

Lots of video tapers in the balcony as well..!

October 27 2007: Orpheum Theatre, Boston: Set List

1: Yer Not The Ocean (soo catchy this song!!!)
    2: New Orleans Is Sinking (a viscuous "swim!" rant 2nd song in OMG!"
    3: Fully Completely (a classic, last breath of a cigaratte pantemine)
    4: Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man
    5: Family Band
    6: Ahead By A Century (long guitar solo by Bobby)
    7: Gift Shop
    8: In View
    9: Courage (Johnny is putting a new drum spin on the chorus but i love it...Gord was writing "courage" into space with the microphone and then franticallly erasing it during the "it doesn't matter" line)

10: Pretend
    11: Fireworks
    12: At The Hundredth Meridian (nasty rocking delivery with Gord's "evolution of man" act..)
    13: Fiddler's Green (knocked me to the floor...! no words..so emotional)
    14: The Drop-Off (best rocker since the band wrote since "On the Verge" by far)
    15: Poets
    16: Locked In The Trunk Of A Car (straightforward "Let me OOOOUT")

17: Fire In The Hole (thought we were gonna get the "burning church"
    rant since Gord introduced the song as the same.. but short version was to be..always heavy metal though..)
    18: The Lonely End Of The Rink (this isn't so much a hockeysong as it is "will she show up?" : Gord intro)

19: Bobcaygeon (perfect!)
    20: Little Bones (hilarious, Gord looking for his lost Calico cat "Here little bones" pretending to shake cat treats into the microphone)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Thanks for the review, Locked! Sounds like it was a kick-ass show. Anytime you get Fiddler's, Drop-Off, Locked, Fully, and Fire in the same show, you know it's gonna be a good one. The tour is finally winding down with only a few shows left. I saw three shows on this tour and it was by far the best I've ever seen this band play. 22 years into their career and these guys are at the top of their game right now. It's an amazing thing to watch. Word from Robby is that they're going to be in full writing mode throughout the winter in order to get ready for the next album. Hopefully we'll have a new Hip record in our hands sometime in 2008. World Container is one of the best things they've ever done in my opinion, and I can't wait to hear what they have in store for us next. I'm still holding out for a rarities/b-sides compilation sometime in the near future, or perhaps a new concert DVD from the '07 tour. If they're gonna put out a follow-up to "That Night in Toronto", this would definitely be the tour to draw from.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    holy crap man... thats the best setlist of the tour!

really like to find a recording of that
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    I bought the military green Gord-style Tragically Hip cap..

Pretty cool..

I'm sorry to report all the other tour gear is just damn ugly or doesn't contain tour dates or both...

They need some new vision is the design of their tour apparrell..

They can have all my money.. they just need to make it a little more worth giving it up!
    :)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Dear Tragically Hip,

I'm sorry for ingnoring you over the last few months...
    To be honest, I've been having an affair with another band - I think you know them... Wintersleep?
    You introduced us back in May....

I'll come back though... We're just on a break....

Luv Civ.

;):p
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Dear Tragically Hip,

I'm sorry for ingnoring you over the last few months...
    To be honest, I've been having an affair with another band - I think you know them... Wintersleep?
    You introduced us back in May....

I'll come back though... We're just on a break....

Luv Civ.

;):p

It seems Wintersleep really gets around, as I've been having an affair with them too. The Calgary show is next Tuesday and I'll be there front and centre!

And I totally agree with Locked. The Hip need to design some better t-shirts. This was the first Hip tour where I didn't buy any swag at the shows, simply due to the fact that the stuff was so ugly. At the same time, the artwork on the Hip's tour posters has always been amazing. I have two of them framed and hanging in my house. Here they are:

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/CatalogDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=F373&ProductTypeID=PO&CategoryID=&Pos=8&Total=14&KeySetID=7f512c95-53aa-44bc-a2fa-1139beeac3fc

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAGICALLY-HIP-Sam-Roberts-Band-MINT-FILLMORE-POSTER_W0QQitemZ220165722119QQihZ012QQcategoryZ104675QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Some more of my favorites:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Tragically-Hip-mint-F232-Fillmore-Poster-1996_W0QQitemZ220162374157QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2312QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/CatalogDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=F426&ProductTypeID=PO&CategoryID=&Pos=10&Total=14&KeySetID=acd3439c-7973-4ff3-ada2-ca1bc67ac037

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D97&lang=EN

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D100&lang=EN

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D58&lang=EN

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D57&lang=EN

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D56&lang=EN

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    It seems Wintersleep really gets around, as I've been having an affair with them too. The Calgary show is next Tuesday and I'll be there front and centre!

:eek: those bastards!! they said I was the only one! ;)
    direwolf74 wrote:

those are sweet! i love the goalie mask....

i'm kicking myself for not getting this one when it was available.... and maplemusic just leaves it up there.... teasing me! :p

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=378&pf%5Fid=375%2D168&lang=EN
  • Options
    Setlist- Toad's Place, New Haven, 10/29/07:

Ocean
    New O
    Fully
    Good Life
    Family
    ABAC
    Gems
    Gift
    In View
    Courage
    Thugs
    Fireworks
    Bob C
    Kids
    Blow
    Rink
    Escape
    Grace

Grace, Too is an interesting choice for the last song of the show. I don't think I've ever seen them do that before.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    bump!! for a marathon song-of-the-day:

Twist My Arm -> Lake Fever -> Drop Off ->It's A Good Life

from the Barrie show, the day after i was there... :o:D
  • Options
    bump!! for a marathon song-of-the-day:

Twist My Arm -> Lake Fever -> Drop Off ->It's A Good Life

from the Barrie show, the day after i was there... :o:D

I love it!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    *bump*

Setlist- Landmark Theatre, Syracuse, NY, 11/01/07:

Ocean
    New O
    Music
    Daredevil
    Family
    ABAC
    Rink
    Courage
    World
    Wheat
    In View
    Springtime
    100th
    Bob C
    Kids
    Fully
    Blow
    Drop Off
    Grace
    Fireworks

Apparently Gord was handing out pumpkins to the crowd. Hilarious! 2 more shows to go on the World Container tour. It's been one for the ages!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    wow I totally should have went to that.........sick set list!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!