Options

** Eddie Vedder solo tour - 2nd leg **

Comments

• Options
    remirkoedremirkoed Posts: 12
    How does the presale through ten club usually work. I see under there goods section that the ticket link just brings you to the bootleg link. Is that something that will change as the presale comes around on the 7th? Thanks for any tips
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    remirkoed wrote:
    How does the presale through ten club usually work. I see under there goods section that the ticket link just brings you to the bootleg link. Is that something that will change as the presale comes around on the 7th? Thanks for any tips
    yes...when the presale starts, the ticket link will link you to a ticket page

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    Great news, But not great news for my credit card. LOL
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    zeroenvy wrote:
    $75 dollars is absolute horseshit.

It'll be worth every penny.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    going on my honeymoon so I will miss them in Newark but be back in time to check Him out in DC....nice
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Milwaukee oh boy I can't wait. :)
  • Options
    newfiegirl wrote:
    I wish people would stop complaining that he is playing "all the same cities" that the band just played. He is playing in Toronto and Montreal which means that, assuming I can get tickets, I will actually get to go!! I had to miss out on the PJ east coast tour because of the cost of traveling to NYC or Boston plus hotels in those cities just added up to more than I could afford this year.

if only we all planned this better, I drove down from Toronto to the last mansfield show (would have loved to go to both shows in boston and conneticut but the only other person that was willing to make the trip with me wouldnt go to all 3 shows), we could have split the gas (was about $200 total) and hotel (would have been about 300-400 total) or gotten a bigger road trip going. BUT YES! TORONTO!!!! ... and maybe montreal :)

i saw EV in Vancouver, and while the crowd was abit much (yelling stuff like play pearl jam) every 5 minutes, and the security was brutal (got yelled at for having phone on lap), the sound and visuals were amazing. Liam Fynn (sp?) was also pretty sick, not a fan of his studio work but his live stuff is out of this world.

counting down the days to presale, became a 10 club member (finally) a day before july 1st :)
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698
    both toronto show's for me! :) so tempted to do montreal, but ...
  • Options
    hinx wrote:
    Awesome Canadian road trip or fiscally responsible "local" NYC shows?

Decisions, decisions...

BOTH! new york, north and east around the lake to montreal, then west to toronto, southwest back through the border then back to new york
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    eddie in harlem lol

It is not harlem, it is washington heights.
    Pearl Jam
    Houston, 9/5/92, Nacogdoches,11/20/93, Austin, 9/16/95, Dallas, 7/5/98, NYC MSG, 7/8/03, Letterman 10C fan show, 5/4/06, Irving plaza, 5/5/06, Camden 6/1/06, NYC MSG, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    Mansfield, 6/28/08, Austin @ ACL 10/4/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/21/10, Austin @ ACL 2012

Eddie Vedder
    NYC United Palace Theatre, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, Washington DC, 8/16/08, NYC Beacon Theatre 6/21/2011
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Well I'm not going to need to dodge bullets there since I won't be going to these shows.

Washington Heights and Newark == Stay below the windows

Washington heights is lucky we don't have to have you in our neighborhood. PLEASE stay away.
    Pearl Jam
    Houston, 9/5/92, Nacogdoches,11/20/93, Austin, 9/16/95, Dallas, 7/5/98, NYC MSG, 7/8/03, Letterman 10C fan show, 5/4/06, Irving plaza, 5/5/06, Camden 6/1/06, NYC MSG, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    Mansfield, 6/28/08, Austin @ ACL 10/4/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/21/10, Austin @ ACL 2012

Eddie Vedder
    NYC United Palace Theatre, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, Washington DC, 8/16/08, NYC Beacon Theatre 6/21/2011
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    Deebs41 wrote:
    Massey Hall is right downtown. Between Dundas and Queen off Yonge. Lots of stuff to do around there.
    But try not to come so I have a better chance at tickets :)

:)...no chance! I will be there if I can get a ticket but I will only need one...and I cannot decide which night would be better, cannot afford to stay two nights....and thanks for the info....
  • Options
    pj23yanks wrote:
    For all of you United Palace haters this is not such a bad neighborhood. First off I am so happy that it is here because I live five blocks away! It's not Harlem it is in Washington Heights. The neighborhood has changed even though I wouldn't go wandering off Broadway. I saw Neil Young there this past winter and its a really cool venue with good sound. I plan on going to only one show since it probably is the same show every night.

I saw Neil there too....the place is absolutely fantastic for acoustics. This is going to be a hell of a show....Monday is going to be either a great day or a real shitty one.
  • Options
    ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    I'm getting married on the 9th in Toronto but I'm lucky my husband-to-be is letting me delay our honeymoon so we can go to the show on the 12th in TO

Hope I get tickets cuz that will be the best wedding present ever!

:-)
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    ccjack wrote:
    I'm getting married on the 9th in Toronto but I'm lucky my husband-to-be is letting me delay our honeymoon so we can go to the show on the 12th in TO

Hope I get tickets cuz that will be the best wedding present ever!

:-)

You're a lucky woman!
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    Please stay away from the D.C. shows! Save room for the rest of us!
    I'm ready for an Eddie rant that will be heard all the way over at The White House!
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    benjs wrote:
    Well, out of fear of getting banned, I'll leave it at this... you never know what kind of new expenses could come into his life.

I don't think it's exactly a secret. At VA Beach he sang "Small my table/now seats four/got so crowded/I can't take more."

I expected to see 5 threads devoted to it here the next day with all the breathless fangirls guessing the sex and naming the kid.
  • Options
    i am J E A L O U S of those on the east coast! all those opps to see the band and now ed alone. you are so LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    on my local Philly radio station WMMR they just said that Eddie Vedder is going on a solo tour and that there are no Philly dates......yet.....could there be?? I hope so!
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Eddie Vedder will embark on a month-long solo tour beginning August 1st in Boston and ending August 22nd in Chicago with select dates in Canada (full list of tour dates below).

Tickets for the general public will go on sale on Friday, July 11, 2008 through http://www.ticketmaster.com or at Ticketmaster outlets.

The base ticket price for all shows is $75 USD plus additional venue, service and handling fees. There is a four-ticket limit for the public on sale.

A special, limited ticket pre-sale for current active members of the Ten Club will begin at 9am PDT on July 7, 2008 and run through 5pm PDT on July 9, 2008 or while supplies last. Ten Club tickets are very limited and will sell out quickly. Your cooperation is appreciated. You must be an active fan club member as of July 1, 2008 to qualify for the ticket pre-sale. Ten Club tickets may be purchased online at http://www.pearljam.com/goods with Visa or Mastercard only. There is a two-ticket limit per member for the Ten Club pre-sale. All ticket sales are final. No transfers, exchanges, or refunds.

Ten Club tickets for the Eddie Vedder solo tour will NOT be seniority based. Tickets will be held in priority locations, but seat allocation will be chosen at random.

Liam Finn will open all shows on the solo tour.

**Please note: The August 10th Montreal date is a "ticket reservation" pre-sale. The show is not confirmed. Once tickets are sold to the public for the first Montreal show, the second show may be added. If the show is added, your credit card will be charged and your tickets will be confirmed.

DATE...........VENUE ........CITY..............PRE-SALE

Aug-01 - Opera House, Boston, MA, Jul-07 at 9am PDT
    Aug-02 - Opera House, Boston, MA, Jul-07 at 11am PDT
    Aug-04 - United Palace Th., New York, NY, Jul-07 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-05 - United Palace Th., New York, NY, Jul-07 at 2pm PDT
    Aug-07 - NJ Performing Arts, Newark, NJ, Jul-07 at 3pm PDT

Aug-09 - Salle Wilfrid Place, Montreal, QC, Jul-08 at 9am PDT
    Aug-10 - Salle Wilfrid Place, Montreal, QC, Jul-08 at 11am PDT**
    Aug-12 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Jul-08 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-13 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Jul-08 at 3pm PDT

Aug-16 - Warner Theatre, Washington, DC, Jul-09 at 9am PDT
    Aug-17 - Warner Theatre, Washington, DC, Jul-09 at 11am PDT
    Aug-19 - Riverside Theatre, Milwaukee, WI, Jul-09 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-21 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL, Jul-09 at 2pm PDT
    Aug-22 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL, Jul-09 at 3pm PDT

All dates are subject to change.

Questions about tickets can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net or by calling the Ten Club hotline 1-800-724-8038.

Dear Ten Club,

Eisenhower Aud. on the Penn State Campus

http://www.cpa.psu.edu/venues/eisenhower.html

Would have been a great venue for a show in August. They have nothing going on. Please consider it an option next time. Hold 2,500 people.
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Dear Ten Club,

Eisenhower Aud. on the Penn State Campus

http://www.cpa.psu.edu/venues/eisenhower.html

Would have been a great venue for a show in August. They have nothing going on. Please consider it an option next time. Hold 2,500 people.

Thanks for quoting the entire thing. For that reason alone you should never ever have a show near you
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    WMMR just said that they were told in April that the Borgata was holding an August date open for Eddie.
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    Thanks for quoting the entire thing. For that reason alone you should never ever have a show near you

Thanks for your rude comment. You are a winner for sure!
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    My question is do you guys on on the site before the shows go on sale, and will the icon change at the sale time or must you keep hitting refresh? Last time I got shut out for MSG.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Unfortunately (and I know no one asked), I'll likely not be attending these shows as its a shit-ton of money for Eddie after spending my cash for 3 nights of PJ. And for $100 I can see Radiohead at APW festival the day or two after. And who knows, maybe Ed will decide to show up there and sing with them.
  • Options
    I'm so glad that I did not spend tons of money to see Eddie or PJ when he'll be in my backyard! I knew he wouldn't forget about Chicago!!! THANK YOU!!!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Ed at Massey Hall oh my fuck that is going to be awesome!!!
    It's ging to be a bitch to get tickets
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    youngvedderyoungvedder Canada Posts: 102
    Massey will be wonderful....

that venue is so perfect for this show.

cheers.

Yv.
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • Options
    If that is the case they obliviously did not write a comprehensive press-release.

Not sure if anybody else was wondering if we were going to be able to purchase single tickets this time around, but the answer is NO, pairs only as usual.

cheers.
  • Options
    Sweet, I'm finding my way to Washington, DC!!!
    **4/94 Rochester-NY**
    **10/96 Buffalo-NY**
    **5/03 Buffalo-NY**
    **10/04 Toledo-OH**
    **9/05 Hamilton- ON**
    **6/06 Cleveland-OH**
    **7/06 Pittsburgh-PA***
    **E.V. Solo Washington-DC 8/17/08**
This discussion has been closed.