Options

** Eddie Vedder solo tour - 2nd leg **

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,841
    pj23yanks wrote:
    For all of you United Palace haters this is not such a bad neighborhood. First off I am so happy that it is here because I live five blocks away! It's not Harlem it is in Washington Heights. The neighborhood has changed even though I wouldn't go wandering off Broadway. I saw Neil Young there this past winter and its a really cool venue with good sound. I plan on going to only one show since it probably is the same show every night.

Sweet! Yeah, I agree. My roomie from college lives up on Pinehurst Ave (off of 185th) and is less than a mile walking distance from the place. The neighborhood is pretty cool actually, and this is coming from someone who grew up around a lot of white people and wasn't exposed to much diversity. Lotta good places to get some Dominican food, too.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    fuck yes!! DEFINITELY going to toronto!!
    :)
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    I know how you feel. I am still plotting my escape though. My husband said I don't think so..."haven't you done enough?" (Just took a road trip from Grand Rapids MI to Hartford). When he just saw I was on the boards he said "What are you doing?....telling everyone on their how much of an asshole I am?" The problem is, none of this has swayed me...I am still making plans. Not good.

My wife and I also just made the trip from Grand Rapids to Hartford. I am currently trying to convince her to try to make one of the Chicago shows...

Good luck to you :)
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    grjammer wrote:
    My wife and I also just made the trip from Grand Rapids to Hartford. I am currently trying to convince her to try to make one of the Chicago shows...

Good luck to you :)

Thank you. 178 miles to Chicago seems like nothing now after that drive. I do not think that he could possibly grasp what this band means to me (and my best friend; partner in crime) or he would encourage it, right? I am feeling a little selfish...but for some reason the need to go is overpowering everything else.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    Thank you. 178 miles to Chicago seems like nothing now after that drive. I do not think that he could possibly grasp what this band means to me (and my best friend; partner in crime) or he would encourage it, right? I am feeling a little selfish...but for some reason the need to go is overpowering everything else.

No kidding. We actually drove out to Philly and DC for those shows, drove back, and then drove out to Hartford. It was a ton of driving but definitely worth it. Luckily, I've been able to convert my wife into a pj addict :)
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    wow...holy shit!! My hubby said yes!!! I can go!! I know, to some of you it sounds like I need permission but we try to be fair when it comes to the budget....and it does add up! But one night in Toronto was agreed on! Now I just need a ticket for either night...
  • Options
    newfiegirlnewfiegirl Posts: 40
    I wish people would stop complaining that he is playing "all the same cities" that the band just played. He is playing in Toronto and Montreal which means that, assuming I can get tickets, I will actually get to go!! I had to miss out on the PJ east coast tour because of the cost of traveling to NYC or Boston plus hotels in those cities just added up to more than I could afford this year.
    2003 - Vancouver May 30th
    2005 - Montreal Sept 15th; Ottawa Sept 16th; St. John's, NL Sept 24th; St. John's, NL Sept 25th
    2006 - Albany, NY May 12th; Hartford, CT May 13th
    2008 - Montreal Aug 9th and Montreal Aug 10th (EV Solo)
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    mattcoz wrote:
    WOOOOHOOOO!!!! :D

Now the question is, do I go to one Chicago show or both? :)

I notice the ticket prices went up $10 from the spring tour.

Both, take my word for it, definitely BOTH.

I went to Berkeley 1, missed the awesomeness at Berkeley 2.

Made up for it by going to both nights in San Diego.

Still somewhat broke, totally worth it.

Edit:re. tickets through Ten Club. It was mess. I spent two+ hours trying continually, and ultimately bought for two cities after the first round of messages appeared saying they were sold out. So the key is, set aside a chunk of time and KEEP trying even after it looks like they're all gone.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    I will do my best to get tickets but this will be a tough one to get.How can everyone be so confident that they will be able to get tickets. I am in NY and will try NJ Wash, but I am already worried I be shut out like MSG 10c tickets.
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Just got back from Hartford and Mansfield. Now I have something new to obsess over for the next month. So soon!
    Getting tickets will be the fun part.

Also:
    I am sure PJ (and EV) uses information from where ten club members live to judge where their fan base is and where they should play. If you mapped out ten club members I am sure the densest part of the world would be the North East and all of southern Ontario, Canada. I'm just guessing but I am sure there are enough fans in this area for them to play every weekend and sell out forever.

In terms of the price of the ticket it makes sense that Eddie's tour is more expensive than PJ- it's about volume. The more people, the less you need to charge per person. I saw Niel Young at Massey Hall in Toronto last year (awesome) and that was $200+ per ticket - through his website.
    I'll pay $75 and I can guarantee after all is said and done he is not making a lot of cash playing these small venues.
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    Both, take my word for it, definitely BOTH.

I went to Berkeley 1, missed the awesomeness at Berkeley 2.

Made up for it by going to both nights in San Diego.

Still somewhat broke, totally worth it.
    Ok, you convinced me. :D
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    I will hopefully be at one of the DC shows, but it sucks because i was gonna sign up for the ten club today to get tickets, but since i guess July 1st is the deadline date i will try to get tickets from Ticketmaster. :(
    6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,418
    sooo

nyc tix go on sale at 4 and 5pm ny time? right?

Rubysdad wrote:
    Eddie Vedder will embark on a month-long solo tour beginning August 1st in Boston and ending August 22nd in Chicago with select dates in Canada (full list of tour dates below).

Tickets for the general public will go on sale on Friday, July 11, 2008 through http://www.ticketmaster.com or at Ticketmaster outlets.

The base ticket price for all shows is $75 USD plus additional venue, service and handling fees. There is a four-ticket limit for the public on sale.

A special, limited ticket pre-sale for current active members of the Ten Club will begin at 9am PDT on July 7, 2008 and run through 5pm PDT on July 9, 2008 or while supplies last. Ten Club tickets are very limited and will sell out quickly. Your cooperation is appreciated. You must be an active fan club member as of July 1, 2008 to qualify for the ticket pre-sale. Ten Club tickets may be purchased online at http://www.pearljam.com/goods with Visa or Mastercard only. There is a two-ticket limit per member for the Ten Club pre-sale. All ticket sales are final. No transfers, exchanges, or refunds.

Ten Club tickets for the Eddie Vedder solo tour will NOT be seniority based. Tickets will be held in priority locations, but seat allocation will be chosen at random.

Liam Finn will open all shows on the solo tour.

**Please note: The August 10th Montreal date is a "ticket reservation" pre-sale. The show is not confirmed. Once tickets are sold to the public for the first Montreal show, the second show may be added. If the show is added, your credit card will be charged and your tickets will be confirmed.

DATE...........VENUE ........CITY..............PRE-SALE

Aug-01 - Opera House, Boston, MA, Jul-07 at 9am PDT
    Aug-02 - Opera House, Boston, MA, Jul-07 at 11am PDT
    Aug-04 - United Palace Th., New York, NY, Jul-07 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-05 - United Palace Th., New York, NY, Jul-07 at 2pm PDT
    Aug-07 - NJ Performing Arts, Newark, NJ, Jul-07 at 3pm PDT

Aug-09 - Salle Wilfrid Place, Montreal, QC, Jul-08 at 9am PDT
    Aug-10 - Salle Wilfrid Place, Montreal, QC, Jul-08 at 11am PDT**
    Aug-12 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Jul-08 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-13 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Jul-08 at 3pm PDT

Aug-16 - Warner Theatre, Washington, DC, Jul-09 at 9am PDT
    Aug-17 - Warner Theatre, Washington, DC, Jul-09 at 11am PDT
    Aug-19 - Riverside Theatre, Milwaukee, WI, Jul-09 at 1pm PDT
    Aug-21 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL, Jul-09 at 2pm PDT
    Aug-22 - Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL, Jul-09 at 3pm PDT

All dates are subject to change.

Questions about tickets can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net or by calling the Ten Club hotline 1-800-724-8038.
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    Ten Club hotline 1-800-724-8038

http://www.cwa7777.org/hotline.gif

Is this new?

50 pair of 10c per show?

were not people, during leg 1, being moved up, closer to the front?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    pjtaper wrote:
    BEWARE! Have you seen Ed solo yet? I saw 3 shows, they were all the same. I recommend seeing ONE SHOW ONLY, let everyone see one show...
    Please do not harass me, this is MY OPINION, and what do I know(please don't answer that either)
    good point,, but it wont happen
  • Options
    yess!! i've been waiting for this all day, but man, how am i going to afford this haha... sucks to be an unemployed teen...
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Awesome.........toronto Here I Come!
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    SBC03 wrote:
    http://www.cwa7777.org/hotline.gif

Is this new?

50 pair of 10c per show?

were not people, during leg 1, being moved up, closer to the front?
    50 pair per show? I'm thinking probably about 150 pairs per show if not a tiny bit more.

And they were moving people up to the first row during the WC tour - just pulling random people from the halls and bringing them up...
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    nice!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I had no idea that Christmas was moved up to the summer!!!

Cannot wait to try for the Boston shows. THX ED!
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    No Philly shows but I can go to DC, Boston and maybe Toronto. I aam so excited!!!
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    nfanel wrote:
    thanks for the info!
    no love for philly! :eek:

I'm sure if I end up getting tickets in NY or Washington, Philly or Ac will be announced the next day!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    SD CanadiaSD Canadia Posts: 23
    Damn, was hoping they would announce full band west coast leg. Oh well, at least I got to Camden I.

For all trying to get EV tix, good luck. Seriously. I was out of the country for the 10c presale and TM tix were gone in a flash once they went public. Really frustrating since I live 5 blocks from the venue. In the end I bought a ticket off Craigslist in the 3rd row right next to Ed's mom.

Awesome show...Ed solo is a different vibe, very intimate setting, felt sort of like sitting around a living room listening to you buddy play songs. Some really cool covers (Millworker was a highlight), songs I hadn't heard in years (Walking the Cow) ITW and classics like Porch and Lukin.

Once you see a small venue show like that it's tough to go back to amphitheatres, so enjoy a great night!
    1994 - Bridge School I; 2005 - The Gorge; 2006 - SD & LA I; 2008 - SD II(EV) & Camden I;
    2009 - LA III & SD; 2011 - SD (EV) & LBC (EV); 2013 - SD & LA II; 2022 SD (EV)
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeap, besides, he tells different stories at each show. And believe you me, you're not just there for the songs. The man is truly a comedy genious :-)

The Ghostbusters speech at Berkley had me falling out of my chair!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    do you think it's a standard 10c limit of 2 tickets per show or just 2 tickets per member period for this leg?

the way i read it was 2 tickets per show hope to see you there whats the deal with the pre parties??????
    im all signed up!!! i will be at the boston shows
    tommy de!!!!!!
  • Options
    russmcrussmc Posts: 91
    Wooo-hooo!! I am so freaking there!!!
    Hopefully my seats will be a little better this time around and won't have to keep running up to my buds closer seats to get a quick 10 second view.
    Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
    http://www.russmcintosh.com
  • Options
    IamMine96IamMine96 Posts: 29
    i'm not postive but did Vedder play a mini solo tour before outwest?Does anyone know what his solo setlists were like in the past? About how many songs did he play.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm really loving the weekend dates. I can probably do about 6 shows if I have the budget. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    This is going to be another nightmare of a time trying to get NYC tickets.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    how coool would it be to see ed at the mann? or even electric factory?
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.