Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785

wow! both of those are bad ass! Awesome job with the two of them!
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    I bought the frame at Michaels and bought the mat from American Frame. I put it together myself. I added in the EV pick I got at the Newark show too.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0928.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0931.jpg

Well done! Simple and lets the poster be the centre of attention as opposed to the matts or frame.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options

Your ed solo looks surprisingly good with the black matt. It will definitely make me reconsider whether i go with a white matt when i get mine framed.

Thanks for posting! Good job!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    I bought the frame at Michaels and bought the mat from American Frame. I put it together myself. I added in the EV pick I got at the Newark show too.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0928.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0931.jpg

I really like white mat on Batman poster, too bad is not the same size top/botton and side.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    I really like white mat on Batman poster, too bad is not the same size top/botton and side.

think it looks fine. he wanted to add the pick, so he had to make the top/bottom larger.

i'm really beginning to think the white mat is an underappreciated choice. this batman is great, i saw a hawaii klausen that used an off-white (beige) mat to match the background, and that looked fantastic too. i really liked how my cleveland ames 03 turned out too. i wanted to frame my Hess 94 PJ poster next and am also leaning towards a white mat instead of a black.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

Hey Gorgeous, I didn't know you got that poster!!!! Its definitely Pimp!!!! Love it!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    allstar340 wrote:
    yeah, when I worked it out my frame came out to be around $120 with a nice frame and double matted with the uv plexi. I'm gonna order soon...
    Did you order mounting strips from American Frame or did you get them elsewhere?

I ordered them from somewhere else. I got the everything except the strips and the framing went fine without them.

The framing was really easy.

pics in a second.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    MayDay10 wrote:
    sweet im gonna order now...
    nice job with the frame. did you say that you didnt use the mounting strips? did you not need them or something?
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    allstar340 wrote:
    sweet im gonna order now...
    nice job with the frame. did you say that you didnt use the mounting strips? did you not need them or something?

No, I didnt. I dont know if the print will slip over time or not... although it seems real secure.
    The worst pain in the ass (which wasnt that bad) was setting the print in place (the Mat helps). Once you have it in place on the backboard, you just put the mat(s) on top, then the glass. And you can slide all components as a unit into the 3/4 of the assembled frame. Then you put on the top of the frame, tighten, and stick the spacer springs in place. The Mats and print seem real secure without the mounting strips/corners and the mats aree fine withou the mat tape.
    The next one I frame Ill try the strips though.
    *Just make sure you put the hanging wire hooks into the frame before assembly. I had to take apart the frame to put them in at the end.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    No, I didnt. I dont know if the print will slip over time or not... although it seems real secure.
    The worst pain in the ass (which wasnt that bad) was setting the print in place (the Mat helps). Once you have it in place on the backboard, you just put the mat(s) on top, then the glass. And you can slide all components as a unit into the 3/4 of the assembled frame. Then you put on the top of the frame, tighten, and stick the spacer springs in place. The Mats and print seem real secure without the mounting strips/corners and the mats aree fine withou the mat tape.
    The next one I frame Ill try the strips though.
    *Just make sure you put the hanging wire hooks into the frame before assembly. I had to take apart the frame to put them in at the end.
    alrighty then.
    im goin with wood btw ;)
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565
    FrankBauer wrote:
    think it looks fine. he wanted to add the pick, so he had to make the top/bottom larger.

i'm really beginning to think the white mat is an underappreciated choice. this batman is great, i saw a hawaii klausen that used an off-white (beige) mat to match the background, and that looked fantastic too. i really liked how my cleveland ames 03 turned out too. i wanted to frame my Hess 94 PJ poster next and am also leaning towards a white mat instead of a black.

Thanks.

I went with the white because the Batman has such unique bold colors that I was reluctant to try and color match thru the computer monitor since I was getting the mat from American Frame.

American Frame is ridiculously cheap for mats compared to Michaels. Michaels wanted $31 for a single mat (20x28 size).
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565

Its not a custom frame... I was limited by the dimensions at Michaels and I put it together myself. Next time when I have more cash I'll spring for the custom frame.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    21-3/4"W x 27-3/4"H (7702) Shadow, Black with Mottled Silver Panel
    (Artwork Size: 17-3/4"W x 23-3/4"H) -- ASSEMBLE FRAME --
    Quantity: 1 Item Price: $53.80

21-3/4"W x 27-3/4"H (CBW221) Crescent® Berkshire, Smooth Black: Top, Shape: Rect/Square --
    Top: 1-3/4", Sides: 1-3/4", Bottom: 1-3/4" (0-1/4" Offset)
    Quantity: 1 Item Price: $8.30

21-3/4"W x 27-3/4"H (CBW455) Crescent® Berkshire, Aqua Blue: Bottom/Single, Shape: Rect/Square --
    Top: 2", Sides: 2", Bottom: 2"
    Quantity: 1 Item Price: $8.30

21-3/4"W x 27-3/4"H (AAUV) Acrylic Sheet - UV-Resistant (Acrylite OP-3)
    Quantity: 1 Item Price: $38.90

21-3/4"W x 27-3/4"H (MTBA) Mounting Board - Archival
    Quantity: 1 Item Price: $7.70

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FREE MAT OFFER: YOU SAVED $8.30

Subtotal: $117.50
    + Shipping: $15.28
    - FREE MAT CREDIT: -$8.30

= Order Total: $124.48
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I got a question maybe someone can help me with. I want to build a box to store my unframed posters. I know a guy who owns a small metal fabrication shop. I asked him yesterday if it was something he could make for me cheap and he said no problem. So here is my question. Will my posters be fine in there or does it need to be lined with material of some kind? What else do I need to know before I have him start to make this for me? Has anyone ever made their own box before?

Thanks for any help!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I got a question maybe someone can help me with. I want to build a box to store my unframed posters. I know a guy who owns a small metal fabrication shop. I asked him yesterday if it was something he could make for me cheap and he said no problem. So here is my question. Will my posters be fine in there or does it need to be lined with material of some kind? What else do I need to know before I have him start to make this for me? Has anyone ever made their own box before?

Thanks for any help!

Just recently someone posted a pic of their frame metal box that fits under their bed. I cant remember who that was tho...:( Sorry..
    It may be in the 2007 framed thread..will try and find the link..
  • Options
    not pearl jam
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_7307.jpg

ladyhawk album release 06/06/06
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    finally got these back

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,838
    how did you get the signature dude?
  • Options
    and sweet framing job on the signed jobby, like that a lot. simple, and bold.

Doesnt quite work for me on the blue portrait, think the black matt with a turqoise smaller matt works awesome.
  • Options
    Da kid just got his gorge 06 framed.Da kids next to be framed Hatford 08.
    http://s22.photbucket.com/albums/dd55/pjscreamer/pj%20posters/
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Doesnt quite work for me on the blue portrait, think the black matt with a turqoise smaller matt works awesome.

me too, it's gotta grow on me hopefully. The framer talked me into it (i'm easily led :) ) In my gut i knew i wasn't gonna be thrilled. An expensive lesson to listen to yourself!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Da kid just got his gorge 06 framed.Da kids next to be framed Hatford 08.
    http://s22.photbucket.com/albums/dd55/pjscreamer/pj%20posters/

I can't see it :(

do you have other link??
  • Options
    me too, it's gotta grow on me hopefully. The framer talked me into it (i'm easily led :) ) In my gut i knew i wasn't gonna be thrilled. An expensive lesson to listen to yourself!

Yes, I guess the matts are cheap enough to replace, at least the frame is nice, so if it doesnt grow, you can just get it rematted, I'm feeling the same about my Maui 98. got a black matt and now wish it was white. Might change it yet

hows about that eddie signature? was that from a charity auction
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Yes, I guess the matts are cheap enough to replace, at least the frame is nice, so if it doesnt grow, you can just get it rematted, I'm feeling the same about my Maui 98. got a black matt and now wish it was white. Might change it yet

hows about that eddie signature? was that from a charity auction

Yes, the signature was from a charity auction and i HAD to have it since my birthday is April Fools day.

I told the framer that i'd probably want the mat changed. I've only had it back a day but still can't get used to it.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    Yes, the signature was from a charity auction and i HAD to have it since my birthday is April Fools day.

I told the framer that i'd probably want the mat changed. I've only had it back a day but still can't get used to it.

awesome, Would love something like that, I hear it went for around $400...thats not bad at all