Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,838
    aus_suz wrote:
    Really nice.....
    Love the Hawaii
    They all would look great in my dining room..............:)
    BTW is your Zebra laminated??

No the Zebra is not laminated, its just the way the print is, its not a screen printed poster, its one of the few digitals ames did, so it looks like it has rool marks in most pictures you'll see where in fact they never have its just the pic, its a little shinier than most, but the wierd thing is how thin the paper stock is, very different to the norm, hence why i got it framed so quick, would be very easy to damage and this one is mint!!!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    pdalowsky wrote:
    its a real nice poster, I'm very into it, looks great in person...sorry no way i can let it go, but if you want one I know that the big man in the sky has one available on ebay....
    I think he recently sold it. I was hoping to buy it as a wedding present, but I shouldn't have waited so long. I heard they were $2 at the shows!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    pdalowsky wrote:
    No the Zebra is not laminated, its just the way the print is, its not a screen printed poster, its one of the few digitals ames did, so it looks like it has rool marks in most pictures you'll see where in fact they never have its just the pic, its a little shinier than most, but the wierd thing is how thin the paper stock is, very different to the norm, hence why i got it framed so quick, would be very easy to damage and this one is mint!!!

I didnt mean yours looks laminated looks great framed...
    I have seen more than one Laminated in ebay listed in Australia...
    Just makes me wonder why would there be more than one laminated Zebra..
    How could u make that mistake more than once...........:)
    Perhaps because the stock was thin ppl laminated to make it tougher not realising at the time what a piece of art this poster was going to become..:)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,838
    Yeah I've seen a few on ebay too laminated, and I've always sat their a bit disgusted someone would do that!!!

But yes it is very thin paper, so I guess I see the logic, it just looks from the ebay pics real nasty when laminated
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    pdalowsky wrote:

Yeah thats the seller that has had them for sale b4.........
    Perhaps they are fakes??
    Hence the laminating....
  • Options
    I live in CNJ and have always used a local guy to frame my posters....

I had 3 posters that needed framing and my buddy suggested I check Micheals out...I was bit apprehensive with some of the reveiws on this site regarding the craftmanship at Micheals.

Anywho...I stopped in to learn...1 poster 40% 2 Posters 50% and 3 posters were 60% off...So I took the plunge...

All my exsisting posters have the same frame and I was able to match up the same frame and off they went...

I must say..I dont have a bad thing to say...they saved me like 200 bucks and they look great. They had the posters back in my hands 5 days later...

Micheals offers all the same...Acid Free backings...conservation glass....
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    jumpincat wrote:

I had 3 posters that needed framing and my buddy suggested I check Micheals out...I was bit apprehensive with some of the reveiws on this site regarding the craftmanship at Micheals.

Anywho...I stopped in to learn...1 poster 40% 2 Posters 50% and 3 posters were 60% off...So I took the plunge...

All my exsisting posters have the same frame and I was able to match up the same frame and off they went...

I must say..I dont have a bad thing to say...they saved me like 200 bucks and they look great. They had the posters back in my hands 5 days later...

Can we see some pics??
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    i was happy with my job done at ben franklin...im in the market for a few framing jobs now so i will look into micheals for the discount...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Ill try and get some pics up over the weekend...I picked up the posters last night...

Micheals does not always advertise the framing specials...so call ahead...
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    jumpincat wrote:

where do you live, we may use the same people or maybe not..
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    The Micheals was on Rt 1 in North Brunswick...

I dont remember the girls name...she is African American...with the sweetest of smiles...real cute

She was totally into Ed Vedder...

• Options
    jumpincat wrote:
    The Micheals was on Rt 1 in North Brunswick...

I dont remember the girls name...she is African American...with the sweetest of smiles...real cute

She was totally into Ed Vedder...

Yeah na,... I am in Belmar I don't make it up there to often, to much traffic for me.

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I just bought supplies from american frame to DIY (or myself). I have a vic poster from the mystery sale... Double matted 1/2" with 'gravel' and 2" of 'peanut butter' with a standard plus frame. Got a bunch of mounting strips and hanging wire too. Ill post when I complete it.
    hows this going? did your order come yet?
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,658
    Some "outsiders" might think your typical PJ fan is some slacker who lives @ the Budget Suites, eats Top Ramen, plays hacky sack and works at a convenience store................. but this thread features some bee-you-tee-full homes :D.

And if you fit the description above....... sorry! :eek:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    allstar340 wrote:
    hows this going? did your order come yet?

Delivery of the supplies is set to come in on Monday. I am going to do the framing Monday night and hopefully have a framed Vic to report.

After that if it goes well Im going to order supplies for EV East Blue.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Delivery of the supplies is set to come in on Monday. I am going to do the framing Monday night and hopefully have a framed Vic to report.

After that if it goes well Im going to order supplies for EV East Blue.
    yes, I'm waiting to see if this works out for you, I really hope it does because then I'll order supplies my east coast Eddie too :)
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565
    yoke wrote:
    Yeah na,... I am in Belmar I don't make it up there to often, to much traffic for me.

FYI... There is a Michael's in Ocean Twp... right next to Target.

That's where I got the frame for my Batman... will post a pick tonight or tomorrow.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    allstar340 wrote:
    yes, I'm waiting to see if this works out for you, I really hope it does because then I'll order supplies my east coast Eddie too :)

Yeah for sure. Read the DIY column on expressobeans and it explains clearly what you need.
    Americanframe.com made it real easy to order that stuff. It actually includes all you need in a package and takes you step-by-step including poster size (advises you to deduct 1/4 inch each way). You can upload a photo of your poster and as you choose colors and frames and sizes of the matting borders you can see what it looks like. I got it all for about $80. Plus I ordered a bunch of hanging wire.

The big test is to see how well the colors translate from a computer screen to reality. There were a lot of color options available, and I chose to double-mat... If it was well represented on the screen, and isnt a horrible nightmare to DIY frame, then this is highly recommended.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah for sure. Read the DIY column on expressobeans and it explains clearly what you need.
    Americanframe.com made it real easy to order that stuff. It actually includes all you need in a package and takes you step-by-step including poster size (advises you to deduct 1/4 inch each way). You can upload a photo of your poster and as you choose colors and frames and sizes of the matting borders you can see what it looks like. I got it all for about $80. Plus I ordered a bunch of hanging wire.

The big test is to see how well the colors translate from a computer screen to reality. There were a lot of color options available, and I chose to double-mat... If it was well represented on the screen, and isnt a horrible nightmare to DIY frame, then this is highly recommended.
    yeah, when I worked it out my frame came out to be around $120 with a nice frame and double matted with the uv plexi. I'm gonna order soon...
    Did you order mounting strips from American Frame or did you get them elsewhere?
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    FYI... There is a Michael's in Ocean Twp... right next to Target.

That's where I got the frame for my Batman... will post a pick tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, post that up, I want to see how they did it. How long did it take them?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    allstar340 wrote:
    nice frame choice! i like it a lot, one of my favorite posters!

Thanks allstar! I appreciate that. I just got it back from the framers yesterday as a matter of fact. I am really happy with the job he did on it too.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565
    yoke wrote:
    Yeah, post that up, I want to see how they did it. How long did it take them?

I bought the frame at Michaels and bought the mat from American Frame. I put it together myself. I added in the EV pick I got at the Newark show too.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0928.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/tburke215/IMG_0931.jpg
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore