framed poster thread

Comments

• OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    cutback wrote:
    holy crap those look great!!!! i love the matt on the endless summer :)

Thanks!

I really love how the endless summer turned out!!
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    My Dusseldorf

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/crojam95/Dusselpic1.jpg

I got a bunch more I will get to after these summer shows are over

Looks great! Is that a suede matt too?

what shows are you hitting on the summer tour?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    OneLove wrote:
    Looks great! Is that a suede matt too?

what shows are you hitting on the summer tour?

Its actually Graphite. I think it looks a little better in person

I'm going to MSG 1+2, Hartford, and Mansfield 2

I like your EV posters

I'm waiting for the blue one to come in, June is gonna be an expensive month, had to show a little will power on endless summer
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Its actually Graphite. I think it looks a little better in person

I'm going to MSG 1+2, Hartford, and Mansfield 2

graphite...awesome!!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    Those of you that use American Frame, is it worth the extra money for the upgraded "glass"? Is the anti-glare, UV resistant, 3/32 any better than the cheapest plexiglass?

Have any of you really had any noticable problems if you dont spend the bucks for UV glass? I want to get some posters on the wall, but I dont want to spend much. I spent more than I should have on the damn posters in the first place now I am trying to be a cheapskate in order to get them hung.

Any help or words of wisdom would be awesome. You could PM me if needed, I just want some honest opinions and real help from you guys that have these posters on the wall.

Thanks
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    so hows it coming along my friend??
    THANKS! I am looking forward to it, but am pretty nervous at the same time. Actually getting them on the walls is going to be another endeavor all on its own. I have already been try to decide how to do it. By date? Size? random? I am also trying to decide wether I need to wait until I get them all back to hang them, or if I should hang them as I get them. He told me he was going to do them in groups of 10 or so so I can pick them up at my liesure and not just call me one day and say they are all done, come and get them! So maybe I will just hang them as they come. I have no idea which ones he is doing so that could be random enough....

You know, my wife has NEVER once said anything whether or not I have spent $1 or $5000. She knows this is my thing and respects it very much. She doesnt understand it, and thinks I am NUTS, but totally gets that it is my thing.

Will def post some pics when I start to hang them....need to start trying to get a game plam on track!! :D
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pdalowsky wrote:
    so hows it coming along my friend??

I picked up 12 of them last week, and they look great! Havent had a chance to take pics yet. Now that the holiday is over, and graduations are starting to slow down(he said he gets alot of framing this time of year) , he would be getting to them quicker. I told him going in that he could take his time and work them in til summer got here. I am sure he will step it up now. That and the fact I have only paid him half til the job is done should be some incentive! ;) Thanks for asking! So were you able to get a Kenyon Hall? Anything else new you have added to your collection?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • 98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    cool, cant wait to see it....

got a super rare long box the other day that is the black epic version and not the ten design - but is still for the ten release.

And in close contact with a fan from the states who I'm working out a deal with for the JD bottles and the basketball hoop....fingers crossed we'll conclude that shortly but he does sound like a reasonable and good guy so sure we'll get that done.....I'll be almost finished then, just the reeenk that one day I'll secure....

got the kenyon through a very generous pit member, who came to my rescue as I missed out on both, just waiting the shipping quote to conclude that also.....

The PJ community is a fine one indeed.....
    Does anyone have a columbia MD '96 framed by chance? if so I'd love to see it :) thanks!
  • wheres the best place to have something framed?
  • bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    find a place that does it and then wait for a coupon in the mail and then get it done, It was 50-75 bucks to frame my posters, but I spent over 200 for the Forum Klausen frame. I got the good glass and a expensive frame for that one
  • bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    I think they announce the winner in the next issue of DEEP, who knows when that will be?
    He actually called me last night as well and said that he felt bad for taking so long, and had planed to have another 30 done for me by the weekend. So that will give me 42 IN FRAMES, about 1/2 of what I gave hime to start with....Time to get some on the walls me thinks! Any suggestions? Just throw 'em up? Do them by year? Size? Color? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    cool, cant wait to see it....

got a super rare long box the other day that is the black epic version and not the ten design - but is still for the ten release.

And in close contact with a fan from the states who I'm working out a deal with for the JD bottles and the basketball hoop....fingers crossed we'll conclude that shortly but he does sound like a reasonable and good guy so sure we'll get that done.....I'll be almost finished then, just the reeenk that one day I'll secure....

got the kenyon through a very generous pit member, who came to my rescue as I missed out on both, just waiting the shipping quote to conclude that also.....

The PJ community is a fine one indeed.....

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    I think they announce the winner in the next issue of DEEP, who knows when that will be?

That could be next year..........:)
    He actually called me last night as well and said that he felt bad for taking so long, and had planed to have another 30 done for me by the weekend. So that will give me 42 IN FRAMES, about 1/2 of what I gave hime to start with....Time to get some on the walls me thinks! Any suggestions? Just throw 'em up? Do them by year? Size? Color? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

It would be cool to do them by shows if u are hanging them altogether...
    But If I had that many I would probably hang them in the room that they suit..
    And some posters would probably look better hanging together even tho the dates may be yrs apart if u get what I mean...
    I cant wait to hear and see what u decide on....
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Getting this one framed by a friend as a gift for my wife and my 1st anniversary and super excited!

Detroit 2006
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/37930

Already have the 2000 Detroit one framed:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1738
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985

RATOW

Random Assed Thrown On Walls, good place to start, then see if it pleases the eye. Are all of them going up going to be drymounted? The big problem with Randomness is the sizing, but once it falls in place I like the look much better than everything on centers.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    jaamfaan wrote:
    RATOW

Random Assed Thrown On Walls, good place to start, then see if it pleases the eye. Are all of them going up going to be drymounted? The big problem with Randomness is the sizing, but once it falls in place I like the look much better than everything on centers.

Yes, they are all drymounted. I have taken some shit for that, but I have thick skin...;)

I am leaning more towards a random type thing and then seeing how it looks and rearranging as I need/want too. CANT WAIT to see how it plays out myself...

• maybe someone can help. at one point, wasn't there someone on the board that was a great poster framer? I swear I remember someone being on here, I think he even had a business going.

anyway, i'm looking in to getting some stuff framed, and I remember hearing that he did great work...thanks in advance for any help
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    maybe someone can help. at one point, wasn't there someone on the board that was a great poster framer? I swear I remember someone being on here, I think he even had a business going.

anyway, i'm looking in to getting some stuff framed, and I remember hearing that he did great work...thanks in advance for any help

masterframer....he was banned.....you can talk to him over at expressobeans or his website.....http://www.giventoframe.com :)
  • cutback wrote:
    masterframer....he was banned.....you can talk to him over at expressobeans or his website.....http://www.giventoframe.com :)

thats it! thanks so much...
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    thats it! thanks so much...
    He does good work. I recommend him. :)
    NERDS!
    jaamfaan wrote:
    RATOW

Whats drymounted again and whats the alternative?
    aus_suz wrote:
    Whats drymounted again and whats the alternative?

Drymounting PERMANATLEY adheres them to an acid free foam board. Pretty much ruins the resale value and is NOT advised in the trading/collecting community. The alternative is that the are just put in the frame with a backing board, matte, clips and such to hold them in so if you ever wanted to take them out and trade frames or sell or trade the print to someone. I chose the former as I really dont care about value since they are for me.

Drymounting PERMANATLEY adheres them to an acid free foam board. Pretty much ruins the resale value and is NOT advised in the trading/collecting community. The alternative is that the are just put in the frame with a backing board, matte, clips and such to hold them in so if you ever wanted to take them out and trade frames or sell or trade the print to someone. I chose the former as I really dont care about value since they are for me.

Cool thnx for that....Do they use acid free foam board to preserve tho poster?
    Ive only got 4 posters framed so far and they are framed with just matt.....